Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh please Wraith, next you'll tell us we must put the women back in the kitchen.

Absolutely not! I just think that it’s a good idea to instill a work ethic in people from a young age, that’s all. 

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

You know, I've been thinking.

Fell Xenologues related, spoilery speculation?

Spoiler

As I said, we know from the datamine that we'll fight the DLC Emblems as they're synced to someone.

By the last map, it will be against all seven of them at the same time.

And we also know this is gonna be a Mirror World situation, with very likely to be Good!Hounds and Evil!Royals as that's what everything seems to be pointing out towards. Heck, we already saw who is almost definitely Fogado in the trailer, commanding Corrupted.

Eight Royals, Seven Emblem Bracelets. Coincidence? Maybe, considering we're one Bracelet short. Still, I can only wonder...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Say it, brother. I can't believe we've reached our yearly agreement this fast.

I had a thought. With Engage being a good mod game, we could see custom scenarios. As in, recruitable Mitan complete with custom supports.

8 minutes ago, Tanjiro said:

So what are you guys up to?

Currently trying to beat the hardest boss in Berwick Saga without all the tools that make it more manageable.

Reese missed the final blow and he ran to heal. I hate him.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I had a thought. With Engage being a good mod game, we could see custom scenarios. As in, recruitable Mitan complete with custom supports.

I mean, there's already a mod that makes all the bosses playable. Just, no personal skills or dialogue or anything, they're just there. Still, it took Fates years to get there. Engage has barely been out for a couple months. I expect it won't be that long till we see stuff like this.

15 minutes ago, Tanjiro said:

Browsing up stuff on the eShop. Not sure on actually buying some last-minute things, but eh, never hurts to check.

Also gonna resume playing Castlevania games after that.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Currently trying to beat the hardest boss in Berwick Saga without all the tools that make it more manageable.

Reese missed the final blow and he ran to heal. I hate him.

nice lol. Hopefully you can beat him soon

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Browsing up stuff on the eShop. Not sure on actually buying some last-minute things, but eh, never hurts to check.

Also gonna resume playing Castlevania games after that.

Cool, that sounds fun. Are Castlevania games hard? 

1 minute ago, Tanjiro said:

Kinda. Been finding them decently challening.

Mind you, I am playing the Anniversary Collection at the moment. As in, not yet reaching Metroidvania.

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Kinda. Been finding them decently challening.

Mind you, I am playing the Anniversary Collection at the moment. As in, not yet reaching Metroidvania.

Oh that's cool. I like games that are kinda hard.

Is the collection on the switch?

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks! It's... well, it's going. Not well, but it's going.

Ur welcome lol

Took me exactly 50 mins to get through the 8th OoA dungeon, though the time felt a bit better spent than the same amount in the 7th.

I know writing of any kind isn't LoZ's strength, especially not this text-limited GBC. But, I do wish the final dungeon and its surrounding area were a bit less mysterious. Why does it exist? No answer is ever given. Mystery is a wine that pairs well with a plate of adventure, yet providing a few strands of information can make the mind run ever more wild than keeping things completely in the dark.

1 hour ago, Tanjiro said:

Just some scattered light gaming, a pinch of fanfict writing, perhaps a spot of intellectual reading. Not much rhyme or reason to it. I'm not in the mood to delve into anything too deep in the gaming world for the next few days.

49 minutes ago, Tanjiro said:

It depends on which part of the franchise you're referring to.:

• "Classicvania" or "Retrovania"
    • The games that came before Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
    • These are the early entries in the franchise, which genre-wise are linear action-platformers. With an old-timey arcadey feel to them.
    • Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania IV, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood are considered the greats of this era.
  • "Metroidvania"
    • The games starting with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
    • These, alongside the Metroid franchise, invented the "Metroidvania" genre.
      • Metroidvanias can be defined as 2D/2.5D action games with a large world that the player explores.
        • Technically, the games are often linear in progress, but the way one proceeds back-and-forth through the environment can hide linearity.
      • Castlevania's version of this genre integrates light RPG elements, whereas Metroid's interpretation does not.
    • Besides Symphony of the Night, the three GBA Castlevania games and the three DS ones are all Metroidvanias.
  • The Lords of Shadow trilogy
    • Set in a separate world, these games- Lords of Shadow, the Mirror of Fate, and Lords of Shadow II tell their own distinctive story.
    • Gameplay retains some of the Metroidvania era's style, but adds a bit more platforming, puzzles, and plot. 

In terms of difficulty, the Classicvania era is probably the hardest. The Metroidvania games are usually easier and fine for casual gamers, although Order of Ecclesia can be challenging on its hard mode.

3 minutes ago, Tanjiro said:

Is the collection on the switch?

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/castlevania-anniversary-collection-switch/

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/castlevania-advance-collection-switch/

The Anniversary Collection gives you most of the Classicvania era (minus Rondo of Blood). The Advance Collection gives you three entries from the Metroidvania era.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Weeeeeee

Smh at debuting in DD. When's the next Mega Mecha Conflict?😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just some scattered light gaming, a pinch of fanfict writing, perhaps a spot of intellectual reading. Not much rhyme or reason to it. I'm not in the mood to delve into anything too deep in the gaming world for the next few days.

It depends on which part of the franchise you're referring to.:

• "Classicvania" or "Retrovania"
    • The games that came before Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
    • These are the early entries in the franchise, which genre-wise are linear action-platformers. With an old-timey arcadey feel to them.
    • Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania IV, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood are considered the greats of this era.
  • "Metroidvania"
    • The games starting with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
    • These, alongside the Metroid franchise, invented the "Metroidvania" genre.
      • Metroidvanias can be defined as 2D/2.5D action games with a large world that the player explores.
        • Technically, the games are often linear in progress, but the way one proceeds back-and-forth through the environment can hide linearity.
      • Castlevania's version of this genre integrates light RPG elements, whereas Metroid's interpretation does not.
    • Besides Symphony of the Night, the three GBA Castlevania games and the three DS ones are all Metroidvanias.
  • The Lords of Shadow trilogy
    • Set in a separate world, these games- Lords of Shadow, the Mirror of Fate, and Lords of Shadow II tell their own distinctive story.
    • Gameplay retains some of the Metroidvania era's style, but adds a bit more platforming, puzzles, and plot. 

In terms of difficulty, the Classicvania era is probably the hardest. The Metroidvania games are usually easier and fine for casual gamers, although Order of Ecclesia can be challenging on its hard mode.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/castlevania-anniversary-collection-switch/

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/castlevania-advance-collection-switch/

The Anniversary Collection gives you most of the Classicvania era (minus Rondo of Blood). The Advance Collection gives you three entries from the Metroidvania era.

Nice, sounds fun. And thanks for the information.

if I get into the series, I'll probably start with the Advance Collection.

I've been saying this for the past two weeks, but tomorrow I definitely finish Minimum Ranks. Finally, I'll stop learning all the obscure, rare ways the game can fuck the player over.

It will be a welcome change of pace to commit some war crimes with Daddy Benny afterwards. Everything I've had to suffer, every ounce of pain Berwick put me through, I shall take out on Frederica and her people.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Hey guys, you know what'd be an amazing invention? A camera that doesn't lose focus if you dare to zoom in even a little bit.

Like i'm renting a lumix parasonic from uni for an assignment and part of that requires a zoom in shot. Well i'm zooming in but if i zoom in even a little bit, it looks like a 1989 Blackberry recording of a supposed UFO sighting.