• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

24 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Well gentlemen looks like I’m going to be drinking myself that much closer to the grave on April the 5th.

Better stay away from that corn likker. Lol 

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20230322_175609.jpg

I can't say I underatand why you postes that specific song, but you know, wells tend to have water more often than not.

You could drown in a well.

....that aside, awesome to have a confirmation. Honestly, if my interpretation of how they work is correct, there's likely no reason to wait. By chapter 6 you have a few emblems and more than enough units to fill all the slots.m the xenologues could possibly throw at you.

I'm now picturing Alear going down the well like Mario with a Warp Pipe, complete with the sound effect.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

can't say I underatand why you postes that specific song, but you know, wells tend to have water more often than not

Alear entering another world is similar to how Link enters Termina. Both fall down a hole in the ground (well inside a tree in Link's case but same principle).

Song of Healing is the first song you hear when Link arrives in Termina.

Got a random thought.

Imagine another set of Emblems... but they all comes in pairs. Fittingly, they're housed in Earrings.

... give me a moment, might think up a few examples...

Hikari 5 is a pretty satisfying conclusion. Which makes sense, it’s hard to mess up a big battle. I have appreciated the steady increase in quality for Hikari’s story tho. And there are some Omori moments at the end, so that’s fun.

What’s not fun is the fact that are three bosses you have to fight without saving and the last one is incredibly hard. The second one seems to be basically a scripted win, but I lost to the last boss because I wasn’t expecting it to be that hard and had to redo the first fights. It was painful.

Oh. Oh my God, that's so cringe. So either my game glitched or Ococo just doesn't work for the Sky City dungeon. I warped out like normal, saved. That was hours ago. I come back. Ococo's like "let's be off" but i'm at the start of the dungeon. I have to do that whole-ass trek back to where i was, all while one of the worst songs in the series plays.

Say, can you imagine if Wave 4 had been more of an Age of Calamity stuff where Alear and company travel (again) to the past but this time make sure to put down Sombron for good? Imagine, the Premonition actually being real after all!

Actually, it would be thematic.

We've had the DLC mini-campaign be focused on the future twice (Future Past and Heirs of Fate)
The present once (Cindered Shadows)
And the past once (Rise of the Deliverance)

Would've been the past's second turn... or I guess this is the present's second go, so maybe next game it will be the past again. Unless alt!world is its own thing so it doesn't quite count as the present time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just want to mention I won’t be on SF from Friday until probably Sunday night. A brief recreational trip elsewhere, nothing much.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightcosmo aight so I imagine Jabu Jabu's belly having an underwater map, combined with the wonkiness of the Mermaid Suit left a sour taste in people's mouths.

Willing to bet this is a GameBoy moment. At least some of it.

Adjusting water levels, like in the infamous OoT temple, also probably contributed to peoples' dislike of it.

Plasmarine is a terribly pathetic boss too, even factoring in LoZ's bosses not being too complicated/difficult. Being relegated to using just the Long Hook... well it might have something to do with the fact you can only use one of the two item buttons underwater. So a boss completely submerged... wasn't the best of idea.

While the Maku Tree doesn't give you a hint where the final dungeon is, the trek is pretty short actually if you know where to go (and you will b/c I know you're using a guide). -There is one map square in the present that is oddly impossible to fill in on an unlinked OoA playthrough as a weird factoid.

After you finish the eighth dungeon, you might want to take thirty seconds to remove those big blue things you passed by as you headed towards the dungeon's entrance. One of them has a ring beneath it, which when appraised back at the jeweler's turns out to be the Blue Ring, which halves damage taken when equipped. Could be of use for surviving Veran.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I hate this one, why they got Minions doing the vocals?

I had completely forgotten this track. Has a vast hollowness/emptiness to it, befitting a giant ruined city in the sky. Reminds me of the OoT Forest Temple's theme, in a general atmospheric sense, though without the trappings of horror.

What isn't good- the choice of sounds that are too electronic, too synthesized for what the composition is aiming for. This ain't the Rexoskell theme.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just want to mention I won’t be on SF from Friday until probably Sunday night. A brief recreational trip elsewhere, nothing much.

Hope you enjoy.

While the Maku Tree doesn't give you a hint where the final dungeon is

This has been the case the entire game, the Maku Tree will be like "the next essence is here" and it turns out "here" meant "do all this shit first".

What isn't good- the choice of sounds that are too electronic, too synthesized for what the composition is aiming for.

It literally sounds like the Minions.

Oh, good trip!

Phew man, well, that was something.

I find it interesting of Bloodlines to incorporate Elizabeth Bathory into its story (considering it takes place in 1917, and not when she was alive... then again...), and then being the second to last boss, with Death relegated to third to last, curiously.

Also... what's up with Dracula's human form only being vulnerable in the head in the old games? Then on top of that he's taller than the characters so it requires jumping to hit him, pft... or a side-upwards strike if possible.

Princess_of_Moss_-_02.png

Didn't knew Mothra made a guest appearance in Castlevania.

Also, Eric Lecarde is best character so far. Why? Because he's Hispanic.

Well, that's that. Next... the Advance Collection! But that's for next time...

Edited by Acacia Sgt