• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I think it's more likely that we've all forgotten about this Mauvement within three days

What I meant to say was, Next Thread: The Kingdom of Mauv

Fire Emblem: Shadow Mauv and the Blade of Mauvier

Fire Emblem: Shadows of Mauventia

Fire Emblem: Mauvier of the Emblem

Fire Emblem: Mauvology of the Holy War

Fire Emblem: Mauvier 776

Fire Emblem: Mauvier Blade

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Mauvs

Fire Emblem: Path of Mauvier

Fire Emblem: Radiant Mauv

Fire Emblen Mauvening

Fire Emblem Mauvs: Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation

Fire Emblem: Three Mauvs

Fire Emblem: Mauvier

The Secret of Mauvier Island. ("Look behind you, a three-headed Mauvier!")

Aleariana Jones and the Holy Mauvier ("That Mauvier belongs into a museum!")

Maurf Fortress (Patch note #18034: Mauvier no longer commits mauvicide after seeing dead Mauvier that he mauv'ed himself)

Mauvier's Gate II: Shadows of Veyle ("Mauv... is strength. This is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You mauv; you affect your world. But is it what you want? You are... Mauvier inside.")

13 Mauviers: Emblem Rim

Em6V9Ts.jpg

Uncommon pinkhead sighting. I wonder if she'll be important later?

Apparently she was neighbors with Lloyd growing up, but I haven't found where her family lives yet...

How is one supposed to eat a sope? Open-faced sibling to the taco/burrito seems like it's impossible to eat without it being a mess. Twas good though, and a slight deviation from typical Tex-Mex faire. Nice to realize there's decent Mexican restaurant within 15 mins of me, if filling -although I do tend to annoyingly be a hypochondriac when it comes to my stomach.

*Sigh* I don't want to hit the sack early. But I have to for tomorrow, if I wake up at my normal time it'll be after we're supposed to leave. I hate long car rides. I also don't want to disconnect from SF and the Internet in general, I need my link to the web/universe, my lack of a smartphone bites.

...Sorry to ruin the unbroken sequence of nonsense fun.😅

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How is one supposed to eat a sope? Open-faced sibling to the taco/burrito seems like it's impossible to eat without it being a mess. Twas good though, and a slight deviation from typical Tex-Mex faire. Nice to realize there's decent Mexican restaurant within 15 mins of me, if filling -although I do tend to annoyingly be a hypochondriac when it comes to my stomach.

I take it they weren't small enough to eat whole? XD

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Guess you where the Combo Mauvreaker.

Ahahaha! I just convinced Roland to vote my way by telling him I "just have a feeling"! Thanks to his, and everyone else's, endorsement, I get to visit the Land of Racism and fetch myself an ice mage to help Wife out with her duties.

He died one turn into his first map. Amazing.

Anyway, today in Triangle Mauvier, I have discovered yet another reason the PC version is superior. With just a few commands in the right file, taken from a couple of Steam guides, I am able to fix some visual oddities and tinker with the game's visuals to my liking. IE remove the ugly blur and vignette effects that Square thought were okay for some undiscernible reason. Now that's awesome.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wish I could tell you how to eat that, but contrary to popular belief, I live on the other side of the ocean in a completely different country from Mexico.

I can tell you how to eat sopa, though! That's Spanish for soup. You use a spoon to transport puddles of the stuff to your mouth and then gulp them down. Easy.

*Sigh* I don't want to hit the sack early. But I have to for tomorrow, if I wake up at my normal time it'll be after we're supposed to leave. I hate long car rides. I also don't want to disconnect from SF and the Internet in general, I need my link to the web/universe, my lack of a smartphone bites.

Well, do try to relax and enjoy your trip nonetheless! It will prove a nice change of pace, I'm sure. I should probably try making a trip myself, I have a couple free weeks, but... I'm not the traveling kind lol, never was. The idea of going to places fills me with laziness.

It's okay, it was fun while it lasted. Besides, it's only right you should be the one to break the chain. You are the Interdimensional Observer - in other words, you are the Mauvier!

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Funny, I always enjoyed long trips. Reckon that plus an affinity for workin solo explains my occupation. 😁

For me, just jumpin in the pickup and runnin 12 hours to Florida or somewheres is a walk in the park if I roll early enough to beat some traffic

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

On God the bouncing jellyfish midboss in Oracle of Ages is harder than any boss in the game.

I was playing the entire fight wrong.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I take it they weren't small enough to eat whole? XD

I mean I could've eaten one whole -provided I had remembered "grasping one's throat" is the universal choking sign for "I'm choking". They were like 13 centimeters in circumference? And stacked. They gave me three, which was totally one too many, or even two too many for one sitting.

-They were good though! Even picked the chorizo version b/c I hadn't that before. The heat was there, but at an ambient level that didn't overwhelm, if still clearing the sinuses and gradually building up to an outright kick. The vegetation and cheese did a nice job of keeping the chorizo under control too.

I don't exactly experiment with my choice of cuisines a whole lot, so this small step of a step outside of Tex-Mex was pleasant.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wish I could tell you how to eat that, but contrary to popular belief, I live on the other side of the ocean in a completely different country from Mexico.

For you, I shall describe the story from a video I was watching yesterday. There was a newlywed very wealthy Spanish couple in 1912, who went on more than a year-long vacation across Europe while their Madrid mansion was being renovated. They wanted to go on a cruise -but the man's mother said getting on a boat while on one's honeymoon is bad luck. They went to Paris instead, where they saw certain advertisements everywhere, they left their butler in Paris, sending fake letters and postcards card back to dear mother. The ads were for the RMS Titanic.

Mr. Victor Castellana and his wife Maria Josefa were the only first-class Spaniards aboard the Titanic (a few second-class also existed). Young and in love, they attracted positive attention from their fellow elite. When the tragedy struck, a fellow 1st-class passenger who spoke French managed to get Maria and her maid Fermina onto a lifeboat, Victor stayed behind, uttering what he knew would be his last words to his beloved. -The butler didn't know about this tragedy, so the mother kept receiving these obviously false letters after she knew her son was dead. Spanish law at the time meant that without Victor's body, his wife would be unable to inherit anything until 20 years after his supposed death. So, Maria Josefa bribed a man tasked with fishing out corpses from the site of the sinking to give her an unidentified male body that could pass as her husband, the maid then "verified" it was her former master.

Well, do try to relax and enjoy your trip nonetheless! It will prove a nice change of pace, I'm sure. I should probably try making a trip myself, I have a couple free weeks, but... I'm not the traveling kind lol, never was. The idea of going to places fills me with laziness.

Neither I am.😆

Not helped by the modern world letting you see and learn about distant places easier and more thoroughly than ever before in human history. (Although, thinking on the limitations of the individual's realistic abilities to travel within their lifetime, and all the things countless humans haven't seen because it simply wasn't possible, and the many more will not see and travel despite having the potential ability to do so... *feelings of macrocosmic depression trigger*.😞 The Hajj, a fundamental pillar of Islam, having caveats about one's finances and physical wellbeing as justifications for failing to complete it in one's lifetime, is as much a reflection on the historical infeasibility of a pilgrimage to Makkah for the vast majority of Muslims, as it is a comment on the physical ordeal of the Hajj itself.)

I'm like a rocket to space, it takes reaaaaal effort getting me through the atmosphere of laziness that wants me to drag me back down to Earth. But once I break free of Earth's full gravity and enter orbit, then I can smile and comment on the wonderful view from so far away. 

Uh... since you've been hiking against your will, I did read of a mountain hike in northern Italy. It covers the path covertly taken by Jews after World War II, they were leaving refugee camps in Austria, trying to avoid being arrested by Italian border guards while heading to the coast and thence by boat on to the soon-to-be state of Israel. -Not a serious suggestion, just a second random history lesson.

It's okay, it was fun while it lasted. Besides, it's only right you should be the one to break the chain. You are the Interdimensional Observer - in other words, you are the Mauvier!

Not having played Engage yet and ignoring all trailers and most discussion of the game, I have absolutely no idea who you're even talking about. But sure, I feel honored!😆

2 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Funny, I always enjoyed long trips. Reckon that plus an affinity for workin solo explains my occupation. 😁

If I were alone it'd be fine, because I'd be free. But as I still don't have a driver's license, it's always with someone else, and always as a passenger. I feel shackled, and it's boring b/c I'm doing nothing. When I'm not on a schedule or tied to someone else or a certain situation, I'm chill and zen. When this is not the case, I can get bothered and grumpy.

I loathe myself for being like this.😣

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mean I could've eaten one whole -provided I had remembered "grasping one's throat" is the universal choking sign for "I'm choking". They were like 13 centimeters in circumference? And stacked. They gave me three, which was totally one too many, or even two too many for one sitting.

-They were good though! Even picked the chorizo version b/c I hadn't that before. The heat was there, but at an ambient level that didn't overwhelm, if still clearing the sinuses and gradually building up to an outright kick. The vegetation and cheese did a nice job of keeping the chorizo under control too.

I don't exactly experiment with my choice of cuisines a whole lot, so this small step of a step outside of Tex-Mex was pleasant.

Yep, that's how it is. Cooked dough with a lot of stuff put in/on/with. That's the way! XD

For you, I shall describe the story from a video I was watching yesterday. There was a newlywed very wealthy Spanish couple in 1912, who went on more than a year-long vacation across Europe while their Madrid mansion was being renovated. They wanted to go on a cruise -but the man's mother said getting on a boat while on one's honeymoon is bad luck. They went to Paris instead, where they saw certain advertisements everywhere, they left their butler in Paris, sending fake letters and postcards card back to dear mother. The ads were for the RMS Titanic.

Mr. Victor Castellana and his wife Maria Josefa were the only first-class Spaniards aboard the Titanic (a few second-class also existed). Young and in love, they attracted positive attention from their fellow elite. When the tragedy struck, a fellow 1st-class passenger who spoke French managed to get Maria and her maid Fermina onto a lifeboat, Victor stayed behind, uttering what he knew would be his last words to his beloved. -The butler didn't know about this tragedy, so the mother kept receiving these obviously false letters after she knew her son was dead. Spanish law at the time meant that without Victor's body, his wife would be unable to inherit anything until 20 years after his supposed death. So, Maria Josefa bribed a man tasked with fishing out corpses from the site of the sinking to give her an unidentified male body that could pass as her husband, the maid then "verified" it was her former master.

On the subject, I remember once reading up about the Mexicans in the Titanic. There weren't a whole lot of them either, but even then I don't remember much details, haha. Still, I do remember one. Don't remember the name, but he was a politician who was going to campaign for governor of Sonora. Seeking political advice, he traveled to France to visit Porfirio Diaz (as this was after he had fled Mexico). As luck would have it, he made the voyage back to Mexico on the Titanic. He got in as a First-Class Passenger, and didn't survive. None of the Mexicans on board did, for that matter.

Neither I am.😆

Not helped by the modern world letting you see and learn about distant places easier and more thoroughly than ever before in human history. (Although, thinking on the limitations of the individual's realistic abilities to travel within their lifetime, and all the things countless humans haven't seen because it simply wasn't possible, and the many more will not see and travel despite having the potential ability to do so... *feelings of macrocosmic depression trigger*.😞 The Hajj, a fundamental pillar of Islam, having caveats about one's finances and physical wellbeing as justifications for failing to complete it in one's lifetime, is as much a reflection on the historical infeasibility of a pilgrimage to Makkah for the vast majority of Muslims, as it is a comment on the physical ordeal of the Hajj itself.)

And then there was that guy from Mali flexing with all the gold-loaded camels. lol

Okay, I think it's time to finally start the Advance Collection. The other games are fine, but I'm more on the Metroidvania side of the franchise.

Also, smh, why not put the actual Rondo of Blood instead of the truncated version...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, began with Circle of the Moon. I remember actually playing this as a kid. I don't think I actually got far since I was completely a novice on playing, hahaha. Exploring around was one thing, but actually playing was another thing. I think I'd often die thanks to those Poison Worms from the Catacombs area since I could just not avoid being constantly poisoned.

Well, now it certainly shows how much I've improved with even just intuiting on what to do.

Alright, Cerberus defeated. Now I can leave the Catacombs... which I never did all those years ago, hehe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt