Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, this is just more of a side note but, is it just me, or is the DLC story pretty much trying to be War Phase Three Houses? Equate Lumera and Alear not being there to Rhea and Byleth not being there, and then you have the nations of the continent on pins and needles, and war erupting, etc.

If the implication of a three-way battle is true, probably.

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:
If the implication of a three-way battle is true, probably.

I mean, while it could be easy to miss due to how much of a Mikoto she is, Lumera is also basically Rhea. Dragon in the center of the continent managing a religion as well as the continent itself. Lythos is pretty much Garreg Mach in that sense, and Alear more to Sothis than Byleth in the sense of being the figure of worship as arranged by Rhea/Lumera.

Time for the most tragic Triangular chapter, and then I can start getting me some side characters. I've not really been keeping track of my convictions, so I'm not sure who will join. Last time my first character was a pen pusher who inserted himself into the team in the most woefully inappropriate circumstances imaginable. I wonder if this time I'll get a different one.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Engage was already peak FE design

Then they outpeak'd it with Nel

I want a design like that for a full protag. Gimme gimme gimme GIMME.

Personally, not my cup of tea, but I do have drastically different tastes on this matter. I'll be interested in seeing how she fares in gameplay, though.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ya know, since dragonic protags are unlikely to go away soon...

I want them to embrace it fully. 

Not a vessel, or half, or part, or amnesia, or whatever.

Give us a full honest dragon as protag, with all that it implies. 

Most importantly being Dstones ofc.

Honestly, they've done it so much I kinda want them to go the complete opposite: A lord who is physically weak and relies on their smarts and charisma to get around.

Basically, Roy, but in a story that cannot be summed up in one sentence: "Roy talks to Guinivere, Elphin and a senile old fart for 30~ chapters."

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sorry, but I need to vent...

Hide contents

FUCK YOU FELL XENOLOGUES

Don't expect it to become a regular occurrence. I'd hope at least.

Hey, don't feel too bad about it. That doesn't even come close to the amount of anger the rest of us have thrown at this game or another at some point.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, they've done it so much I kinda want them to go the complete opposite: A lord who is physically weak and relies on their smarts and charisma to get around.

I'm reminded of my Healer/Refresher Lord idea...

Funnily enough, Charisma/Charm is one of their skills.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm reminded of my Healer/Refresher Lord idea...

Funnily enough, Charisma/Charm is one of their skills.

Yeah, I believe I remember that. A full utility lord would be a pretty nice change of pace, I'd say. At this point it seems clear dragon protag is just going to be "boring normal protag but occassionally we'll make some vague reference to the fact that their lifespan is thousands of years."

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Worst case scenario

Eh. Anything can be pulled off, as long as it is well-written. Which is the reason the dragon protags have failed, IntSys barely tries lol

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I loaded my TS game and forgot I had a quicksave right at the end of the map. Quicksaves are lost when loading normal saves, so now I have to redo the entire map.

I am never suspending this game again. I'll eat 15 minutes of cutscene if I must, real saves are the way to go.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, would certainly be nice.

In a way I was hoping that would happen too for the Avatar Worship when there was finally a reasonable explanation behind it... then they went to downplay it as much they could, so... who knows.

Classic FE move: trying hard to make a gimmick actually work, but then backpedal equally hard to downplay it so it becomes trivial stuff that can be ignored

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, this is just more of a side note but, is it just me, or is the DLC story pretty much trying to be War Phase Three Houses? Equate Lumera and Alear not being there to Rhea and Byleth not being there, and then you have the nations of the continent on pins and needles, and war erupting, etc.

I get that feeling too, except worse than 3H imo, unless they surprise us with something else (doubt)

--------

Mirror world with opposite persobality and everyone at each other throats

But then we dont see any serious inplication.

For example: Alcryst dissing diamant? Sure, but did he overtake the throne inheritance by doing that?

Or will we see a loyal retainer that like their lord due to them being kind in the basse world, but now cursing their own lord for being imcompetent when they eventually lose against alear force? (Because they are not loyal at all, just forced to serve)

I fear its going to be like acacia said. Just 3 house war phase, where i dont feel like the character become actual villain. Just them being stubborn not wanting to side with protag

Of course, and now I'm fumbling like an idiot and will take an hour to beat this shit again.

Oh how I hate when this happens, fuck me and my goldfish memory.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Honestly, I fear on what this could mean regarding FE's future.

Between Revelation receiving backslash for being a Golden Route, Engage having backslash for not being like Three Houses, and we don't know for sure when Wave 4 was made other than "likely partially done" due to what actual data it had since the Wave 1 patch, and how it makes it feel that IS is going: "Oh? You didn't liked how different Elyos is from Fodlan? Well, here's they acting closer to Fodlan."

I mean, I hope it doesn't come to pass, but if they think that's what sells more...

I mean, can you imagine if a Blazing Blade remake included a side-campaign where Nergal was successful in triggering civil war in Lycia? And because of Elbert's involvement Ostia also declares Pherae the enemy, and we have a forced Eliwood vs Hector fight, who now suddenly their long-standing friendship be damned, they now are out for blood against each other. Because it sells apparently for they to be in conflict rather than fighting together.

Like, that's the kind of vibe it's giving me now with this current trend...

Me turning in an assignment 10 days late and still getting an A

hqx7okmi64c11.gif

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Between Revelation receiving backslash for being a Golden Route, Engage having backslash for not being like Three Houses, and we don't know for sure when Wave 4 was made other than "likely partially done" due to what actual data it had since the Wave 1 patch, and how it makes it feel that IS is going: "Oh? You didn't liked how different Elyos is from Fodlan? Well, here's they acting closer to Fodlan."

I mean, I hope it doesn't come to pass, but if they think that's what sells more...

Wave 4 was absolutely planned out before Engage was announced. The mere fact that the fourth and final wave of DLC is only four months after the original game's release tells me they had the whole thing sitting on the shelf until it was ready.

Four months is tiny in game dev time, i doubt Wave 4 was made with the Elyos criticisms in mind.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, can you imagine if a Blazing Blade remake included a side-campaign where Nergal was successful in triggering civil war in Lycia? And because of Elbert's involvement Ostia also declares Pherae the enemy, and we have a forced Eliwood vs Hector fight, who now suddenly their long-standing friendship be damned, they now are out for blood against each other. Because it sells apparently for they to be in conflict rather than fighting together.

Like, that's the kind of vibe it's giving me now with this current trend...

Ngl i think this is like an extreme hypothetical.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wave 4 was absolutely planned out before Engage was announced. The mere fact that the fourth and final wave of DLC is only four months after the original game's release tells me they had the whole thing sitting on the shelf until it was ready.

Four months is tiny in game dev time, i doubt Wave 4 was made with the Elyos criticisms in mind.

But it was certainly made once they had the reception to TH.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl i think this is like an extreme hypothetical.

It's happening right now. What stops them doing it again?

It's been a growing trend. RD had the playable groups fighting against each other. Fates made entire campaigns out of it. Three Houses followed suit while removing the "everyone joins forces" option. And now we have Engage's DLC.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's been a growing trend. RD had the playable groups fighting against each other. Fates made entire campaigns out of it. Three Houses followed suit. And now we have Engage's DLC.

A story where Eliwood and Hector fight each other however would actually be character assassination. Only way it would even work is if you establish that that version of Eliwood and Hector never met.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hoo boy, where have I heard these words before...

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, if they take Engage's backlash into consideration this is 100% turning into Three Houses: The series. That's where the money lies, and ultimately, IntSys are a big corp working under an even bigger corp. Money is the priority, and there's one clear path that leads to money. The path that ruins the series for me, to be specific. Because the way people are talking, apparently the majority wants VNs out of FE.

...I disagree about the "likely partially done" part, though. I'd say it's closer to "already done months before the game's release." Don't forget, the wave 1 patch was on release. Final wave stuff found in the game at release date indicates they had it done, surgically removed it for release and just happened to forget some stuff in out-of-the-way places like the wake up event list. And there were voice lines too, which are not the kind of stuff that's done early in development.

That being said, it is possible that wave 4 was done after the release and success of Houses, and they took that into account when making it... Though at this point I feel the connection is a bit too flimsy. I mean, Heirs of Fate has been brought up before, this isn't the first time they've done dark timelines.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dark alternate stories are something people like. It's not just a FE thing, I mean, look at all the super edgy side stories the big superhero two, DC and Marvel, love to churn out.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

A story where Eliwood and Hector fight each other however would actually be character assassination. Only way it would even work is if you establish that that version of Eliwood and Hector never met.

Like I said, they're essentially doing this right now. Changing enough of Elyos to make the scenario fit.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I disagree about the "likely partially done" part, though. I'd say it's closer to "already done months before the game's release." Don't forget, the wave 1 patch was on release. Final wave stuff found in the game at release date indicates they had it done, surgically removed it for release and just happened to forget some stuff in out-of-the-way places like the wake up event list. And there were voice lines too, which are not the kind of stuff that's done early in development.

That being said, it is possible that wave 4 was done after the release and success of Houses, and they took that into account when making it...

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing as more likely.

Though at this point I feel the connection is a bit too flimsy. I mean, Heirs of Fate has been brought up before, this isn't the first time they've done dark timelines.

It's not so much making a dark timeline but taking a timeline and then making it darker, because it's more popular that way.

Heirs of Fates has the caveat that it's not exactly alternate timelines or worlds, but the practically logical conclusion of Conquest and Birthright as stablished by Revelation. Anankos wasn't stopped and his own plans even got advanced by the weakening of the two nations through their in-fighting. So now, he enacts the next stage of his plan.

Also that no one there is acting different enough to the extent that the Elyosians characters apparently are, if I recall correctly.

Dark alternate stories are something people like. It's not just a FE thing, I mean, look at all the super edgy side stories the big superhero two, DC and Marvel, love to churn out.

Yes, I get that. Ah well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fr-CVwEWcAAQy_u?format=jpg&name=medium

*Wraith limply waves his hand*
Yes, yes, play on you superlative jesters. Continue your damnedest to try and emulate the great tragedies of yore. Heaven forfend you succeed but at the very least it may yet assuage this bleak ennui that leers over me.

Still, that's the thing, no? "Not just a FE thing". Thing is, it wasn't. Now it seems that it will be.

Awakening with Future Past are the inverse situation. A dark timeline we are working to avoid, and an already dark timeline that we are, well, un-darkening.

Already explained Heirs of Fates. Conquest and Birthright are Awakening but we fail to avoid the incoming dark future.

Three Hopes is... admittedly hard to pinpoint. It acts as a roller coaster but overall the routes are still lighter than their Three Houses counterparts, no? Someone more versed could make light of this please?

The Fell Xenologues are full-steam ahead to "dark alternate timeline", so it'd kinda be FE' first.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

After almost 300 years waiting for the event to fire, I finally got The Conqueror achievement

11l5kqz6 o

Ybrrsslz o

Also,

7o8zh0g1 o

>french

>civilized

X to doubt.

Speaking of France, I returned to my Karling restoration file. After swearing fealty to the HRE and eating it up from the inside, I finally returned the land of the Franks to its rightful owners.

Aqrqndua o

Yeah, that's the kind of thing that pretty much has to be done by the player, because the AI... yeah.

I've never seen English culture pop-up in all playthroughs I've done. Normans, yes, but never English.

Osvald 5 is… decent. It’s pretty simple and to the point, exactly what you’d expect coming out of his chapter 4. What’s more interesting is that it’s the first time I’ve seen something that seems to be definitively related to that creepy moment from a while back, although the lore is not explained that well so I kinda don’t get it. The actual ending doesn’t make much sense tho, and that’s not magic-lore related.

The seventh source is corny as hell and it’s great.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, that's the kind of thing that pretty much has to be done by the player, because the AI... yeah.

I've never seen English culture pop-up in all playthroughs I've done. Normans, yes, but never English.

It's not that rare in 1066, as William conquers England 80% of the time.

3akkhqua o

It's almost impossible before, as the Norse are practically never going to conquer a piece of France or Brittany and then England.