Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It's not that rare in 1066, as William conquers England 80% of the time.

3akkhqua o

It's almost impossible before, as the Norse are practically never going to conquer a piece of France or Brittany and then England.

Okay, yeah, I tend to always play in the 769AD start. That's why.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh my God, and now I misclicked and accidentally started the next story battle instead of recruiting a character. The only save, naturally, was before the last battle I did. What the heck is with me today, why can't I stop fucking up and losing 20 minutes of progress at a time? Jesus Christ, my kingdom for a rewind feature...

Okay, having the chance to get some fresh air, I'd say this.

I apologize from before. I think it'd be for the best if I stop Engaging (har har) in any Xenologue talk. For everyone's good.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God, and now I misclicked and accidentally started the next story battle instead of recruiting a character. The only save, naturally, was before the last battle I did. What the heck is with me today, why can't I stop fucking up and losing 20 minutes of progress at a time? Jesus Christ, my kingdom for a rewind feature...

Geez. At least it can't happen a third time, right...?

Well, at least this time I did better the second tile around. In the previous battle I did so much worse I had to rely on the NPC I was protecting to kill the last enemy lol

In other news, I seem to be recruiting characters in exactly the same order and place as in my first run, so far. Huh. I thought I'd made at least some different dialogue choices.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I apologize from before. I think it'd be for the best if I stop Engaging (har har) in any Xenologue talk. For everyone's good.

Hey, for my part at least, it really wasn't that bad at all. Don't worry about it.

Geez. At least it can't happen a third time, right...?

Don't underestimate me. My incompetence, coupled with Square's stinky mouse and keyboard controls, may yet prove to be an explosive combination.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dark alternate stories are something people like. It's not just a FE thing, I mean, look at all the super edgy side stories the big superhero two, DC and Marvel, love to churn out.

Yeah it's why we have Injustice, a storyline (originally game) where Superman turns into a fascist because the Joker tricked him into killing Lois Lane. Popularized the whole "what if Superman evil" trope which is hilarious cause Superman is like the nicest guy on the planet.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's not so much making a dark timeline but taking a timeline and then making it darker, because it's more popular that way

That reminds me that's basically what Nintendo did with Hyrule Historia and the Fallen Hero timeline. Cause when you think about it, it shouldn't have happened, the split in Ocarina of Time makes sense because of Zelda sending Link back in time. Why does Link losing to Ganon creates a third? Why aren't there any other timelines where Link loses?

Not that Zelda timelines have actually mattered that much and by Breath of the Wild they grouped all the games before into the "Era of Myth"

Still, that's the thing, no? "Not just a FE thing". Thing is, it wasn't. Now it seems that it will be.

Awakening with Future Past are the inverse situation. A dark timeline we are working to avoid, and an already dark timeline that we are, well, un-darkening.

Already explained Heirs of Fates. Conquest and Birthright are Awakening but we fail to avoid the incoming dark future.

Three Hopes is... admittedly hard to pinpoint. It acts as a roller coaster but overall the routes are still lighter than their Three Houses counterparts, no? Someone more versed could make light of this please?

The Fell Xenologues are full-steam ahead to "dark alternate timeline", so it'd kinda be FE' first.

And then in it's little corner there is Rise of Deliverance, which is funnily enough the only side campaign that is a prequel. I remember when most people thought Three Houses' DLC story would be a prequel.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's fine man, no worries.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That reminds me that's basically what Nintendo did with Hyrule Historia and the Fallen Hero timeline. Cause when you think about it, it shouldn't have happened, the split in Ocarina of Time makes sense because of Zelda sending Link back in time. Why does Link losing to Ganon creates a third? Why aren't there any other timelines where Link loses?

That's certainly been a quagmire, haha.

Although, on the subject, can any of them be referred to as darker than each other? Like, ironically Fallen Hero Hyrule fares better in that it never has to be flooded, for example, and the world is doing as fine as it can be. It's only OoT Link who gets screwed there, as it were.

I guess you can make a joke about Hyrule adopting Christianity in Fallen Hero timeline factoring if it's the best or worst.

Not that Zelda timelines have actually mattered that much and by Breath of the Wild they grouped all the games before into the "Era of Myth"

But ultimately, yeah, continuity has always been a bit loose in Zelda lore.

And then in it's little corner there is Rise of Deliverance, which is funnily enough the only side campaign that is a prequel. I remember when most people thought Three Houses' DLC story would be a prequel.

I mean, yeah, haha. Hence why I didn't brought it up.

Honestly, FE should do a distant prequel kind of DLC. Allowing us to meet the given game's ancient heroes or so. I think I mentioned this before, but Engage could've done it and finally make the Premonition happen for real.

Then again, if something like Age of Calamity got backlash for doing something similar...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Although, on the subject, can any of them be referred to as darker than each other? Like, ironically Fallen Hero Hyrule fares better in that it never has to be flooded, for example, and the world is doing as fine as it can be. It's only OoT Link who gets screwed there, as it were.

True. I guess you could argue that Ganon sticking around for longer in the Fallen Hero timeline is worse for Hyrule. It isn't until Zelda 1 where he's finally put down for good in that timeline.

Meanwhile Hyrule gets flooded in Adult Timeline and gets oppressed by Twilight in the Child timeline. And on a more personal note, the Hero of Time lives through a time loop to stop a moon from falling in an alternate land and then later in life, he dies with regret that he was never able to pass on his skills.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then again, if something like Age of Calamity got backlash for doing something similar...

Well Age of Calamity got backlash because the entire time it was marketed as "a prequel to Breath of the Wild" and then the game pulled the rug from under you and was like "actually it's an alt timeline the whole time". 

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

True. I guess you could argue that Ganon sticking around for longer in the Fallen Hero timeline is worse for Hyrule. It isn't until Zelda 1 where he's finally put down for good in that timeline.

Meanwhile Hyrule gets flooded in Adult Timeline and gets oppressed by Twilight in the Child timeline. And on a more personal note, the Hero of Time lives through a time loop to stop a moon from falling in an alternate land and then later in life, he dies with regret that he was never able to pass on his skills.

Yeah, they all have their moments. But ultimately the timelines are just so much different from each other, which also helps. Since, say, Wind Waker Link is not Twilight Princess Link but with a  different personality. They're outright two completely different people. Nature of the cycle of reincarnation aside.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well Age of Calamity got backlash because the entire time it was marketed as "a prequel to Breath of the Wild" and then the game pulled the rug from under you and was like "actually it's an alt timeline the whole time". 

I feel AoC was in a Catch-22. Either reveal it in advance and get backlash for spoiling its own story. Or what they ended up doing of keeping mum about and get backslash for lying about its story.

At least, if keeping the Time-Travel Fix-It aspect. Since they could've just not do it and that's it. But the problem was wanting to do a Time-Travel Fix-It and make it the twist of the story.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Three Hopes is... admittedly hard to pinpoint. It acts as a roller coaster but overall the routes are still lighter than their Three Houses counterparts, no? Someone more versed could make light of this please?

No

Three Copes is taking Fodlan and putting it through Fates writing quality machine and making it even worse than Fates with only Hopeless endings in sight. 

Heck, in Olden Trashfire the game ends with Fodlan erupting into war lol

Calling the game hopes is a damn lie

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, yeah, I tend to always play in the 769AD start. That's why.

How does this compare to the Viking Age start? I once played as Charlemagne to get his achievements and reformed the germanic faith as Sigurdr Ring, but dipped out before even reaching the 800s.

Either reveal it in advance and get backlash for spoiling its own story

I think if it was revealed in advance, people would've been fine with it. Especially since Warriors collab games have the reputation of not being canon. Even Three Hopes isn't canon, as the reason all the routes end open is because the devs didn't want to invalidate Three Houses.

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

How does this compare to the Viking Age start? I once played as Charlemagne to get his achievements and reformed the germanic faith as Sigurdr Ring, but dipped out before even reaching the 800s.

I guess it depends on where you play.

Asturias is basically Hard Mode at the beginning, for starters. It's been a while since I last played CK2, though, so I can't tell much right now.

45 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No

Three Copes is taking Fodlan and putting it through Fates writing quality machine and making it even worse than Fates with only Hopeless endings in sight. 

Heck, in Olden Trashfire the game ends with Fodlan erupting into war lol

Calling the game hopes is a damn lie

Well, that's... yikes? I'll admit I had only mostly heard about Claude's character when it came to talk about GW route.

Sounds like a shame. At least it did right with that Claude-Holst support... lol

Well... fuck. I wanted to be the good guy for once, and protect the dashing prince from the evil vampire nation with our lives. Mostly because this would give me the chance for war crimes.

I failed to convince anyone, including the prince himself. Even our resident centrist Anna voted against me. So we're going the same way we went on my first run. Stupid democracy.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, that's... yikes? I'll admit I had only mostly heard about Claude's character when it came to talk about GW route.

Sounds like a shame. At least it did right with that Claude-Holst support... lol

According to other people I've seen, what Hopes did is give Claude a real moral struggle where he didn't have one before

Can't say who's right, as I've not played the game, nor do I ever intend to, but I guess it's worth bringing up

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hat Hopes did is give Claude a real moral struggle where he didn't have one before

Lies

Moral struggle would require Claude to think

Claude in Copes is dumber than fucking Corn

Basically, Claude haters tend to like it because "Haha he did warcrimes" even if he was fucking dumb and basically Edelgard's toy thing.

Sorry but anyone who says GW good will have to admit Fates writing good or they irrelevant. Legit Fates > 3 Copes writing

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sorry but anyone who says GW good will have to admit Fates writing good or they irrelevant. Legit Fates > 3 Copes writing

So... Its worse than CS, even?! Lmao

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

So... Its worse than CS, even?! Lmao

Of course not

Shrimpy's bad story list

Trash - Fates

Stinky Trash - 3 Copes

[Big gap]

Worst thing in existence - Cold Steel

[Even bigger gap]

Actual worst thing in existence - Attack on titan 

Reminder that the Attack on Titan ending made me go "Rean good" for a couple days ok

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Of course not

Shrimpy's bad story list

Trash - Fates, SoV

Stinky Trash - 3 Copes

[Big gap]

Worst thing in existence - Cold Steel

[Even bigger gap]

Actual worst thing in existence - Attack on titan 

Hmm... Does CS deserve that high rating? Not likely. 

Although CS I plot isnt bad, just what follows after it!

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Hmm... Does CS deserve that high rating? Not likely. 

Although CS I plot isnt bad, just what follows after it!

wait, Worst thing in existence is too high for you? xD

People's opinion on 3 Copes trash aside, It's a fact that all it's endings are open ended, and GW directly spells it out that the war continues with no end in sight

Then again the moron wearing Claude's skin deserves nothing else

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Um... Yes. Yes it is.

So it's worse than the worth thing in existence? 
And i thought i was a hater xD

Blame attack on titan for putting CS that high

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So it's worse than the worth thing in existence? 
And i thought i was a hater xD

Blame attack on titan for putting CS that high

Well, I may have been a tad harsh. But my point stands.

Edited by Lightcosmo