Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Back from my little trip. Didn't do too much, I've already seen the major tourist stuff in Boston, and the weather wasn't exactly great either for my brief stay.

Welcome back

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And I think I wrote out enough.😅 I wish I could've lingered inside the museum longer -that's bound to happen with the giant ones.

And thanks for sharing your thoughts, and images of what you saw in your museum trip

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

t3mSL8d.pnggfDQ5qQ.png

They call them beauties because they always have the best opinions.

gTynngx.pngtK4fEv1.png

t9oHlEB.gif

Awww...that is both true, and adorable

4 hours ago, Benice said:

9CYxp3c.pngn0hAQ0O.pngyryf7HB.pngUrixAA8.png

I FINALLY FRICKIN' FINISHED A NUZLOCKE

CONGRATS!!!

Blue Bossa ultimately edged out a Flygon for a place on the Elite Four team because I wanted the better defensive typing against the champion.

Interesting choice, personally I probably would have gone the other way

. She also single-handedly won the Champion fight by setting up dragon dance against Wallace's Whiscash, then, after getting a lucky OHKO on his terrifying Milotic, sealed the deal with a perish song on the champ's last pokemon before switching out. Blue Bossa, though a late bloomer, certainly was a boss!

But it sounds like it worked out for you. It is funny to see you use Winona's classic Dragon Dance strats on the champion, and finishing thing with perish song is just plain funny.

Wn5E8UD.pngTeEnF5V.png

Peebs the Crobat, in spite of the headache caused by grinding friendship for its evolution, was a key part of the team for several terrifying fights from Winona onwards.

A classic Nuzlocke pick thanks to that terrifying speed

Because the Zubat line is PBG's favorite pokemon, I named it after my childhood's favorite Youtuber!

And that is an adorable reasoning for the little guy's name.

LzZ4gNX.pngsWfvJbs.png

The oldest member of the Elite Four squad, I caught Petanque shortly before the first gym, and though she remained in the box for quite some time, she came up huge in the lategame and became a key offensive member of my team.

Interesting choice, and I am especially surprised you didn't have baton pass to have him pass the speed and attack buffs off to other pokes. Also I respect that it doesn't look like you just cheesed the game with Shedinja.

After the Phoebe fight went awry, I decided to sack Petanque for the sake of wearing down the last Dusclops.

The sign of an experienced Nuzlocker, knowing when you need the sack to save the run...

Petanque had other plans, though, as she dodged the rock move and finished off the rest of the team.

What a champ, avoiding his fated death, and clearing the way.

My plan was for him to Sunny Day and Flamethrower through Glacia, but that didn't really end up happening. He landed a few key hits in Phoebe's fight and lived through Walrein's Surf to set up Sunny Day, but I ultimately sacked him there both to get the Overheat off and to get a safe switch into the only member of the team who could possibly scratch Walrein. He also missed the Overheat, but god love him he's trying.

A sad way to go, but I bet that weather control was vital.

The entire run actually did end up coming down to him landing a Thunder against Wallace's Wailord, since I couldn't risk him dying to Blizzard. He landed that, easily eliminated Gyarados, and passed off the baton to Blue Bossa, who took care of the rest.

Oh wow, having to rely on a Thunder hit is always spicy (without Rain Dance strats that is).

yryf7HB.pngUrixAA8.png

All praise Quaggles the Whiscash, what a champ. Carried me through the entire game after Tate and Liza, and even managed to be useful there by baiting some Solar Beams. I initially brought her along just because she's a silly little guy with a goofy smile, but as it turns out... Well, Whiscash good! I hadn't really realized just how different Competitive and actual Pokemon are until she came along.

Ah, Swampert's lesser cousin, who is a real goofball.

Quaggles' typing is incredible for the Elite Four because there are so few grass types, meaning that Quaggles could always switch in safely against anything.

It is such a good typing especially in Hoenn, and half the reason Mudkip is the best starter in Hoenn, especially when basically the only required fights with grass moves in the whole game is the rival fights...

Not seen here in Quaggles' moveset Blizzard, which she dropped after Drake, because apparently this goofy fish can learn Fissure, which was basically my backup plan if Trike missed the Thunder.

Sometimes you need the Hail Mary of a OHKO move like that...

Casualties were surprisingly minimal! Taco Brell the Breloom was an absolute champ through the earlygame, but regretfully died while placing down a leech seed on Flannery's Torkoal because I couldn't find any other way to kill it

Such a sad way to go for such a great pokemon to go out

Spleen the Swellow subsequently died because Torkoal paralyzed four different pokemon with four consecutive Body Slams.

Oof, a sad casualty of brutal hax, and an excellent Pokemon if they live long enough to take advantage of pre-burn Guts boosted Facade with STAB

The remaining three casualties were Laurence the Bellossom, who slayed my dad's Slaking, How Lewd the Tentacruel who was a staple of the team right to his very end, and Thelonious the Castform, who was very useful but met a regretfully early grave. All three perished in the Tate and Liza fight.

Double battle fights are so different that they are hard to plan for. Although if you can set it up, half of Tate and Liza's team are incapable of hitting Dark types...

The most avoidable death was probably Laurence's, since I forgot to give him any damaging moves before tossing him in to the Tate and Liza fight. He was supposed to kill the Xatu, but it's hard to do that with Stun Powder.

Oop...eh planning deaths like that can happen some times.

rsR7MSL.png

Finally, honorable mentions! Dog. the Mightyena was our first encounter, and was on the team pretty much the whole game! Intimidate is quite nice, so even though Crunch's damage was lacking, he still was pretty nifty, particularly for neutralizing Norman's Slaking.

Intimidate really is a top tier ability in Pokemon.

KyhIybG.png

I always try to avoid using Gyarados because of how crazy powerful it is, but because I'm sick of losing to Winona, I made an exception and allowed this one onto the team. With literally a perfect nature and insane stats, this Gyarados was named after Diablo the Cheater. After safely defeating Winona's Altaria, Diablo returned to his interdimensional sex simulator (powered by a fucking necromancer), and used that game on a daily basis for the rest of the run as he stayed in the box.

I respect the level of restraint used in soft banning Gyarados.

not to mention most of the Elite Four, where it matches well against the already nonthreatening dark types and does poorly against the ghost, ice, dragon, and water types behind it. Maybe it'd be good for the ice fight were it not for the fact that this game has no ice types, so they just made it a water-type fight with hail and two glalie in-between the water types.

Yeah, Blaziken does so much better against the Ruby/Saphire endgame, where the champion is steel type instead of water...

RehxHQ6.png

Cradily, who I chose over the immensely superior Armaldo because I decided I wanted to be out-of-the-box and use Cradily's great defense to back its pretty decent offense. Plus, I think it's really cool, and kinda cute in its own way too.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't figure out how to make it work. It barely resists anything at all and equally has a terrible offensive moveset that can't be readily offset by TMs because there just really doesn't seem to be any good bug or rock-type TMs available.

Shame you couldn't get Cradily to work, as it is a solid little defensive pokemon

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

If i compare Fates with Engage

Engage is better at:

• Giving the player more fun tools without breaking the game sideways
  • Peak Boss design. This is where the strangth of alot of Engage maps lie
  • Constant drip feed of units -> Better ironmanbility (In Fates later on you only have kids as a replacement).

Fates better at:

• Higher difficulty balance (Skills & Dragon veins > Stat inflation any day)
  • Better map design.
  • Weapon and Class diversity

And both (+Berwick) leave the rest of the series behind by quite a margin imo.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

58 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fates

5 Prologue + 22 per route + 22 child Paralogues + 22 DLC

That's 115 Maps.

I supposed "biggest on a single run" would've been a more apt way to phrase that. That's a pretty gargantuan number, but it is still neatly divided into parts.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The biggest difference is still that Engage doesn't force you to hoard that freeze staff you got in Ch.8 in order to have a passable chance at succeeding in the late game.

No yeah, I forgot to mention it but that's a HUGE advantage. I absolutely despise how Conquest just won't let you have fun with its staves. Engage gives more and they are less vital, so you can go wild whenever you feel like it.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

really LOVE Engage's approach of giving the player as many fun and in other games would be outright broken tools as possible and designing a challenging experience around them. In any other game just 5% of the tools you get in Engage would break the game utterly.

Still remember back before release when we all thought emblems would be OP. And then it turned out, yes, they are, but somehow they don't break the game lol

I didn't really use staves much in my first run. I missed the funny potential of Micaiah. Gitta fix that next run.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If i compare Fates with Engage

Engage is better at:

• Giving the player more fun tools without breaking the game sideways
  • Peak Boss design. This is where the strangth of alot of Engage maps lie
  • Constant drip feed of units -> Better ironmanbility (In Fates later on you only have kids as a replacement).

Fates better at:

• Higher difficulty balance (Skills & Dragon veins > Stat inflation any day)
  • Better map design.
  • Weapon and Class diversity

I'd go one step further and argue Engage has better map design on average. Conquest has some real highs, but it also has some maps so utterly appaling, they are strong contenders for the worst maps in the series. At least in my opinion from the first run, Engage reaches some similar highs here and there, but never sinks so low otherwise. Not even close.

...Engage does have a way worse UI though.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And both (+Berwick) leave the rest of the series behind by quite a margin imo.

Still fucking hilarious how (minus Berwick which isn't official FE) it's all the bad story games. The split shouldn't be real, but it is.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd go one step further and argue Engage has better map design on average. Conquest has some real highs, but it also has some maps so utterly appaling, they are strong contenders for the worst maps in the series. At least in my opinion from the first run, Engage reaches some similar highs here and there, but never sinks so low otherwise. Not even close.

Chapter 11 without DLC: Am I a joke to you?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

supposed "biggest on a single run" would've been a more apt way to phrase that. That's a pretty gargantuan number, but it is still neatly divided into parts.

A single run in Fates would have

28 main + 14 child paralogues + 22 DLC. That's still more than Engage, but to tbf Fates also has more DLC than Engage. Without DLC they are almost equal (42 Fates if you get all Children vs. 41 Engage). And some of the Fates DLC i don't wanna count (the grinding one)

Also, on most Fates run you won't be doing the first 5 maps, so...

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still remember back before release when we all thought emblems would be OP. And then it turned out, yes, they are, but somehow they don't break the game lol

Fire Emblem was truly ready for this XD

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Conquest has some real highs, but it also has some maps so utterly appaling, they are strong contenders for the worst maps in the series.

The only maps i would describe as so are Fox hell and Ninja hell. They are really really really bad however i agree

Engage is like the first game where there isn't a map i wanna throw the controller away while playing. 

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ch. 11 needed to be Escape map to be truly peak

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Welcome back.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

@Interdimensional Observer You enjoyed your time it seems 😄 

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Welcome back

Thanks!

Admittedly, during the first night, I did feel a bit uncomfortable. It's difficult to explain, but being away from home triggers a sort of primal sense of unease, sleeping on a bed unfamiliar. I never spoke up about this, I tried to keep my travel eccentricities under control, but I've remember I've felt this way since childhood, I guess I'm a bit of homebody. -The feeling was gone on the second day once I was used to things though!😄 So it was but temporary, as was a macrocosmic feeling of cities being lively, of seeing so many eateries, shops so close to each other, feeling how make a living and live in such small areas. Kinda triggered a depressive sensation in me (despite it being sweet precious life abundant), contemplation of macrocosms of all kinds seem to do that to me.

What really disappointed me though, was that three months of daily treadmilling did not stop my feet from aching from so much walking 🤨. I can't say I'd be suited for city life just yet. Even though it'd sorta suit me in other ways.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Today on things i learned. It's not farfetched but i wouldn't have imagined it, given the different interpretations of the afterlife.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That "mummy" is hella interesting. Never knew that parctice carried over into later times as well.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love that. Lowkey hilarious.

I noticed there was one object labeled as a depiction of "Hermanubis" at the museum as well, Hermes-Anubis (both gods guided souls into the afterlife). When Greek culture met pharaonic Egyptian culture, the Greeks said "Oh, their gods and our gods are the same but go by different names". Then you had a fairly popular "Cult of Isis" that spread throughout Greece and Rome, even if it wasn't exactly the same as it was in Egypt.

Pharaonic Egypt, the "Ancient Egypt" we think of, came to an independent end in 525 BC when the Persian (modern Iran) Achaemenid Empire conquered the country. Then Alexander the Great overthrows the Achaemenids when it's basically fallen into ruin, proclaims himself pharaoh, and dies at age 32. Alex's general Ptolemy I Soter established his own dynasty of so-called pharaohs in Egypt (although Egyptians were second-class citizens to the immigrant Greek population). The Ptolemaic dynasty lasted until Cleopatra VII Philopator (the Cleopatra, and the only Ptolemy to learn the Demotic Egyptian language and try appealing to the Egyptian population (for political gain)) died, then the newly-founded Roman Empire under Augustus took over.

The history of Ancient Egypt began around 3100 BC. While the Persians, Greeks and Romans all imposed their authority and symbolism on Egypt, none of them sought to eradicate Egyptian ways. Thus, Egyptian culture, with 2 & 1/2 millennia of proud tradition, endured well past 525 BC. Admittedly, the quality of the sacred hieroglyphic writing did gradually decline with lack of official support for scribes proficient in it. Nonetheless, the old Egyptian pantheon of deities and customs like mummification continued, until Christianity with its missionary zeal swept it all away (and in turn was swept away by Islam following the Arab conquests).

As for the mummy mask. Do remember that this was placed on King Tut's mummy:

1024px-CairoEgMuseumTaaMaskMostlyPhotographed.jpg

This is made of gold (which is what the Egyptian gods' flesh was said to be made of) and semi-precious stones. Nonetheless, it shows an Egyptian tradition of trying to preserve a depiction of person's face, probably for the sake of the Ka (roughly the Ancient Egyptian equivalent of the "soul") being able to recognize its own physical body.

The Greeks and Romans had an artistic tradition wholly separate and unlike the native Egyptian, and the Egyptian locals must've been fine with it. Colored wax on wood is a lot cheaper than gold, so the commoner could afford a nice Roman funerary mask too. The Greco-Roman style has the benefit of greater realism/less idealism and could perhaps better reflect the individual who it was to rest upon for all eternity one might even say. I don't think there was anything blasphemous to Amun-Ra about this, since we have a whole bunch of mummies wearing these kinds of Roman masks, and yet more masks that were stolen off their original bodies.

So, this is syncretism, a blending of different cultures, peacefully and "naturally" so. No conflict to maintain "purity", no ostracizing of "hybridity".

...And on that note, here is one picture I took from the contemporary artist I liked.:

IMG-2667.jpg

To the right is Prometheus, having his innards eaten away at by a vulture again and again and again for having stolen fire from the gods. To the left is Hou Yi, a Chinese mythological archer, who shot down 9/10 suns when all appeared in the sky at once and scorched the Earth, leaving us with only one sun. As the suns fell, they turned into three-legged crows. Man, Fire, Birds.

I had planned on starting my digital media minor over the summer. Turns out, i still need to (re)take and pass College Algebra with a C or higher. I genuinely, legitimately, despise this subject. Every fucking time i think i'm finally free, it comes back to haunt me. This useless piece of shit subject where memorization is key despite everything looking the same is constantly getting in my way of what i want to do.

I'm actually considering just teaching myself digital design at this right. Fucked up how a very broad range of jobs is academically gated by loathsome numbers and letters.

I'm genuinely pissed, i hate this.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thus, Egyptian culture, with 2 & 1/2 millennia of proud tradition, endured well past 525 BC.

There's a festival from Ancient Egypt that's still celebrated today

Sham Ennessim (Tl should be: Breeze smelling if my arabic doesn't fail me lol)

It's a spring festival that dates back to Ancient Egypt, and is a national holiday. 

One big problem i had with the day is that fermented mullet that's fucking everywhere. The whole country smells like Bad fish lmao, not to mention i could never stomache the food myself XD

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, no, but I loved that map lol

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

A single run in Fates would have

28 main + 14 child paralogues + 22 DLC. That's still more than Engage, but to tbf Fates also has more DLC than Engage. Without DLC they are almost equal (42 Fates if you get all Children vs. 41 Engage). And some of the Fates DLC i don't wanna count (the grinding one)

Also, on most Fates run you won't be doing the first 5 maps, so...

Not bad. I suppose I didn't realize because I don't tend to do all paralogues, unlike Engage where they're completely painless to unlock. Fair point on the first five maps, too.

The only maps i would describe as so are Fox hell and Ninja hell. They are really really really bad however i agree

Everyone's got their own maps like this. Some people would put Stairwell to Hell, Fuga's Wild Ride, Takumi's Fun Castle, Ryoma's Room, Hans's Corridor of Entrapment, Inevitable Endgame on the same level of badness. Ultimately, it depends, but from what I've seen, pretty much everyone has at least two or three maps they absolutely despise in this game. Not so in Engage, at least that I can see at the moment. We'll see how it pans out in the future.

Engage is like the first game where there isn't a map i wanna throw the controller away while playing.

Yeah, exactly.

Ch. 11 needed to be Escape map to be truly peak

Yeah, chapter 11 was pretty tight, but the end felt oddly... romhacky? The "escape map is really just seize but the seize tile is a random plain instead of a throne or gate" shenanigans are very common in romhacks.

Still, great map. Pulls the rug under the player's feet in just the way I like it.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I had planned on starting my digital media minor over the summer. Turns out, i still need to (re)take and pass College Algebra with a C or higher. I genuinely, legitimately, despise this subject. Every fucking time i think i'm finally free, it comes back to haunt me. This useless piece of shit subject where memorization is key despite everything looking the same is constantly getting in my way of what i want to do.

I'm actually considering just teaching myself digital design at this right. Fucked up how a very broad range of jobs is academically gated by loathsome numbers and letters.

I'm genuinely pissed, i hate this.

This is why I didn't return to college when I made up my mind to do programming. College degrees for programming engineering includes physics among its required classes, for some undiscernible reason.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

suppose I didn't realize because I don't tend to do all paralogues

Yeah, fair. I usually do 5-6 per run myself.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We'll see how it pans out in the future.

I suspect ch. 22 will have many disliking it, although not on the same level as cq low point maps

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, no, but I loved that map lol

Yeah, I mean, it's not so much the gameplay that I have a problem with there.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is why I didn't return to college when I made up my mind to do programming. College degrees for programming engineering includes physics among its required classes, for some undiscernible reason.

It's just so wild to me. I took a web design course in community college. Was I require to know the fuck you angle of a negative cube? No. 

Don't get me wrong, there are fields where the memorization of math skills actually does matter. If my surgeon doesn't know math, I don't think I want him as my surgeon. But those fields are like 1% of all total fields. And yet academia assumes everyone goes into those fields. I don't know why the fuck digital design mandates a course in algebra when I guarantee it's not gonna matter as much as they think it does.

And to be clear, it's not memorization I struggle with. I can memorize stuff pretty well....provided it's something actually tangible. Historical dates? Yep. Cool animal facts? Sure. How to cook foods? Yep I can do that. Even if I forget specifics, it's not too hard to relearn. I just go "oh that's right that's how it goes" and it's back in the brain folder.

X=y+b is not tangible. It is not a real thing. And this is just the beginning, there's loads of different formulas that all look the same and it legitimately stresses me out. And because academia sucks off math more than anything else, math courses are held to a higher standard that everything else. It is the one subject where you aren't allowed to use the notes you take. Deadass, literally every other subject's tests are like "yeah it's open note/book" because in the real world, we look stuff up if we need help. But math is like "memorize it" and then if it's an online class, it's the one subject that uses proctor software during tests. Doing taxes is unironically easier than whatever the fuck algebra wants me to do.

I'm so tired of being a good student at everything else and then math comes to fuck everything up. 

...Oh, shit!

Lasting consequences for my decisions? I knew this choice had a later impact, but I thought it was an entirely arbitrary gameplay effect... Now I see I was wrong! There's actually a story change going forward! Neat.

TriStrat spoilers if you care

Spoiler

Last time I surrendered the Roselle to Hyzante. They got taken to the Source and then in chapter 15, Travis attacked their deserted village in search of goodies. He is beaten but ends up joining in exchange for his band's pardoning. Then he used his talents to find the salt crystal for us. I assumed in the "protect them" route, something similar would happen, we'd be forced to give them up and then Trish would come instead of Travis for not much of a tangible story reason.

But no, turns out, the Roselle are saved and remain in Wolffort, so now Freddie's chapter 15 is going to be completely different. Interesting, looking forward to seeing how it's changed exactly!

53 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I mean, it's not so much the gameplay that I have a problem with there.

Of course, I understand your reasons. But well, I've made it clear before, when it comes to Engage, the story might as well not even be there for me.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's just so wild to me. I took a web design course in community college. Was I require to know the fuck you angle of a negative cube? No. 

Don't get me wrong, there are fields where the memorization of math skills actually does matter. If my surgeon doesn't know math, I don't think I want him as my surgeon. But those fields are like 1% of all total fields. And yet academia assumes everyone goes into those fields. I don't know why the fuck digital design mandates a course in algebra when I guarantee it's not gonna matter as much as they think it does.

And to be clear, it's not memorization I struggle with. I can memorize stuff pretty well....provided it's something actually tangible. Historical dates? Yep. Cool animal facts? Sure. How to cook foods? Yep I can do that. Even if I forget specifics, it's not too hard to relearn. I just go "oh that's right that's how it goes" and it's back in the brain folder.

X=y+b is not tangible. It is not a real thing. And this is just the beginning, there's loads of different formulas that all look the same and it legitimately stresses me out. And because academia sucks off math more than anything else, math courses are held to a higher standard that everything else. It is the one subject where you aren't allowed to use the notes you take. Deadass, literally every other subject's tests are like "yeah it's open note/book" because in the real world, we look stuff up if we need help. But math is like "memorize it" and then if it's an online class, it's the one subject that uses proctor software during tests. Doing taxes is unironically easier than whatever the fuck algebra wants me to do.

I'm so tired of being a good student at everything else and then math comes to fuck everything up. 

...Oof.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Btw @Interdimensional Observer idk if you saw them but i finished Twilight Princess a few days ago and Oracle of Ages yesterday. The latter' review should be on the previous page but just in case, here's both of them

TP: https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/review/717310/

OoA: https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/review/720404/

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But what if I throw a masterball at a magikarp? Does that count as throwing the game while throwing poke balls? Makes one think, don't it.

Grinding up a Magikarp isn't that difficult. And while I'm on that site, some Sten posting for good measure.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There's a festival from Ancient Egypt that's still celebrated today

Sham Ennessim (Tl should be: Breeze smelling if my arabic doesn't fail me lol)

It's a spring festival that dates back to Ancient Egypt, and is a national holiday. 

I wasn't aware of this, thanks for the info!😄

I was aware that loosely similarly, Iran and some of the neighboring countries still have Nowruz, which goes back to the ancient religion of Zoroastrianism (which still has like 100k followers, surprisingly).

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

One big problem i had with the day is that fermented mullet that's fucking everywhere. The whole country smells like Bad fish lmao, not to mention i could never stomache the food myself XD

Well that's a fragrance you'd find with no other holiday. I'm sure there has to be a few natives who feel the same way as you. 

Still sounds better than Easter, why'd the West get stuck with lame-ish spring festival (eggs aside)? Let's import Holi and move the date to whenever it's actually warm outside for a given locale.

Now to start catching up on what I missed...

Just now, Armagon said:

Btw @Interdimensional Observer idk if you saw them but i finished Twilight Princess a few days ago and Oracle of Ages yesterday. The latter' review should be on the previous page but just in case, here's both of them

TP: https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/review/717310/

OoA: https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/review/720404/

I was just about to post my comments on these!😆

On 3/24/2023 at 9:58 AM, Armagon said:

The items are so good, i love that some of them put new spins on established classic. The Gale Boomerang, the Water Bombs, the Double Clawshots which let you really feel like Spider-Man. Even the Iron Boots with it's new magnetic properties.

Oddly, when it came to the items, all I recall people talking about is the limitedness of the Dominion Rod and Spinner. They aren't very useful outside of their dungeons, the ancient criticisms seem to have meant "items are better when they have usefulness outside of their mandatory use".

Wolf Link also was part of this critique. The Master Sword is stronger than wolf teeth, so there is little reason to fight as wolffie once you have it -which is exactly when you get the choice to choose Link's form. The Canine of Twilight is resultantly relegated to nothing more than its mandatory uses if you're not looking to mess around.

The music is of course, good. It's Zelda after all. Probably has my favorite version of the Hyrule Field theme.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:11 AM, Armagon said:

Me trying to read the text size in Atelier Ryza 3.

I saw one review that said this. This problem is not exclusive to AR3 and XCX, this has become a problem in RPGs in general. What with them trying to pack as much on the screen at once as possible.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:11 PM, Armagon said:

Fellas, is it gay to compliment your friend's handwriting?

AL: What are your thoughts on fans shipping Ryza and Klaudia? Is there any truth to this?

JH: I think the fans have various feelings toward Ryza, Klaudia, and the other characters. The image we, as the developers, have of these characters is based completely on what we have delivered in the game, so it is very interesting to hear what kind of impression players have of the characters based on information about the game or after playing the game.

https://noisypixel.net/head-of-gust-junzo-hosoi-atelier-ryza-interview/

I think the best way to sum up Twilight Princess is that it's the slow burn of all time. When it gets going, it's great. It just takes a while to get there at times. While it's better than Ocarina of Time in my opinion, I do think the pacing issues have me placing this game lower than the other 3D Zeldas. That said, it is still a good game

8/10

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

The good news is that this game would benefit tremendously from a Link's Awakening HD treatment. When most of your issues are simply because the console limits your power, that's the mark of a really good game. As it is though, the Game Boy is pretty much the only thing keeping me from giving this game a higher score.

8/10

So, give OoA a new body and it'd be > 8/10?

Congrats on finishing both of these. Glad they proved enjoyable. The slow-burn of TP might be why it's one Zelda I'm not inclined to go back to. I definitely prefer Zelda with a snappy start, I've 10.23 billion JRPGs to go slow with. 

DJ7e1J-VwAAM49h?format=jpg&name=large

This is a surviving sketch of beta-Nayru, just tossing this out there. Back when Mystical Seed of Wisdom was about colors.

The way the time travel works allowed for an improved execution of the Dark World concept when compared to A Link to the Past(and tbh A Link Between Worlds too) where both worlds matter instead of just only mattering half of the time. It is also pretty funny that this is the second Zelda game that handles the element of time way better than Ocarina of Time.

You know, I never really thought about it like this before. I mean I sorta got the ALttP/ALBW comparison, but that OoA did it better... I think I was more focused on the lack of future travel for some really weird reason. -But then, besides GBC limitations, the present is already a future because you can visit the past. And yeah, OoT's use of time travel is really limited, besides the Bottom of the Well and the Spirit Temple. I feel your point.

I think Din has the fastest on-screen record for kidnapped Zelda girl in the series.

Jumping straight into Seasons I see.

It's not as puzzle-heavy as OoA (and it has less plot too, having began as Mystical Seed of Power hints at that, the stated focus was to be "action" instead (Mystical Seed of Courage never had its primary gameplay aspect revealed). I hope Oracle of Seasons is enjoyable nonetheless!

OoS also the game which retains traces of being a LoZ1 remake, as the very first plan for Capcom-developed GBC LoZs went. Seasons in its prior incarnations was also the most-developed or at least most-shown of the three Tale/Chapter of X/Mystical Seed of X games before they became the two Oracles.

And, back when Oracle of Seasons was Tale of Power, the plot had Ganon steal the Rod of Seasons and sink Hyrule Castle, sending the seasons into chaos. He also split the Triforce of Power into eight, which would've been what you collected instead of essences. The Maku Tree, Maple, and Ricky apparently all showed up in this 1999 version revealed about a year-and-a-half before OoS & OoA released.

As for Onox, I don't get why they changed his name. His Japanese name is "Gorgon".

On 3/25/2023 at 8:17 PM, Armagon said:

IMG202303251605061.jpg

Epic. Got it for $40 too cause discounts.

This might be able to hype you up a little before starting.:

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wolf Link also was part of this critique. The Master Sword is stronger than wolf teeth, so there is little reason to fight as wolffie once you have it -which is exactly when you get the choice to choose Link's form. The Canine of Twilight is resultantly relegated to nothing more than its mandatory uses if you're not looking to mess around.

However Wolf Link does have the AoE attack which is superior to Link's spin-attack.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

AL: What are your thoughts on fans shipping Ryza and Klaudia? Is there any truth to this?

JH: I think the fans have various feelings toward Ryza, Klaudia, and the other characters. The image we, as the developers, have of these characters is based completely on what we have delivered in the game, so it is very interesting to hear what kind of impression players have of the characters based on information about the game or after playing the game.

https://noisypixel.net/head-of-gust-junzo-hosoi-atelier-ryza-interview/

Yeah i saw this. They know.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, give OoA a new body and it'd be > 8/10?

Honestly yeah.

Back when Mystical Seed of Wisdom was about colors.

You can see traces of this with those color blocks and color tile puzzles.

What would've been Veran's plan then? Make everything black and white?

Jumping straight into Seasons I see.

Tears of the Kingdom comes out in less than two months.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What would've been Veran's plan then? Make everything black and white?

Monochrome would also be a good way to convey sorrow?

Considering the 8 dungeon format, it's perfect to recover each element of ROY G BIV in each dungeon. Well, maybe not Indigo, would have to be some other color. Pink? Brown? Both?