Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

21 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Got a retail copy of Sparks of Hope for 30 bucks.

Feels surreal seeing this kind of discount on a Mario game. Especially one so recent. Guess the game really didn't perform well.

In this case I wouldn't say it's indicative of the game's performance. Ubisoft always does this with their games, from what I've heard. In fact, some believe the whole reason the game didn't sell as well on release is that everyone decided to wait a few months for the game to go on sale lol

Either way, good pick. I really did quite love that game. Do check out the original as well if you find the time. While I personally found the sequel to be vastly superior, I've seen quite a few online that say the original was better in some regards that might appeal more to your preferences.

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

DLC Wave 5 announcement: Sommie Mirage Sessions #XBC 

The last DLC brings the series' celebration to an epic conclusion.

Kyoto, April 1st 2023

Nintendo, Intelligent Systems, Monolith Soft and Atlus announced a new a DLC wave for the latest Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem Engage, aiming to not only conclude the celebratory 17th title of the series, but also bring beloved series together.

Here's the synopsis from the game's home page:

After saving Elyos and the mirror world, Alear and the gang find themselves summoned in For called "Shibuya", a highly advanced society with no magic or dragons in sight...Atleast on the surface.

Journey with Alear through this mysterious place as they meet Idols that can summon Emblems, find the connection between the worlds of the Emblem and learn the origins of Sommie.

Features

• Return of paired Endings: The dlc will bring back the much beloved paired endings, including the ability to pair up the Emblems, heroes of the past, with other characters. This feature isn't available in the localized version.
  • Engage ver.2: When Engaging Characters now take on more powerful & sytlish forms! Dragon characters will have futuristical mechanical dragon wings and flying characters will ride air planes, as an example. These forms are known as Carnage Forms.
  • RPG gameplay: Between the challenging and strategic battles of Fire Emblem enjoy dungeon and filed exploration and challenging small party RPG gameplay!
  • Chain attack music: Whenever more than 3 characters take part in a chain or session attack, the music changes during the duration of the attack!

A new lyrical collection

The DLC will feature various beloved Fire Emblem tracks remixed and sung by Fortuna entertainment Idols.

• Doors of Fate, by Mamori Minamoto
  • Together we ride, by Toma Akagi and Eleonora Yumizuru
  • Dark Fall, by Yoshiro Tsurugi
  • End of All, by Kiria Kurono and Tsubasa Oribe
  • Opera of Light ver.2, by Itsuki Aoi feat. Alear & Veyle

In addition to that, songs from other games will get a remix as well. "Weight of Life" by Vocaloid Adult Tiki and more. Please look forward to it.

The Scientist Xenologue

Focusing on the origins of Sommie, this story revolves around a child destined to change the world, his strangely familiar red and blue doll and the mysterious picture. Discover the truth of the worlds with 12 highly strategic Fire Emblem maps and fun and challenging RPG gameplay between them!

New Emblems, Units and Classes

Upon clearing the Xenologue, the following Emblems will be available for the main game

• Emblem of Wings, Tsubasa & Caeda.

Focusing on Spd and Magic, this emblem is able to attack and support with Magic and lances.

• Stats: Magic/Spd/Dex
  • Sync skill: Session attacks. If an ally in movement range breaks an enemy, this unit performs a chain attack. If Tsubasa targets an enemy weakness (including during chain attacks), all allies in range will join in on the chain attack!
  • Engage Skill: Soaring girl. Avo+50 against attacks effective on the engaged unit.
  • Engage Weapon: Zandyne. Powerful Wind attack that breaks sword units. Effective vs. Fliers.
  • Engage Attack: Grand Finale. Powerful Area wind magic that also heals allies. Power increases with nearby number of allies.

In addition to that, more Emblems whose identities & abilities will be revealed later will also join you!

• Emblem of the Forseer.
  • Emblem of the Chad.
  • Emblem of the Eternal Now.
  • Emblem of the Joker.

Clearing the Xenologue will also provide you with a new unit

• Miracle Uta-Loid Tiki

A dragon who once helped Fortuna entertainment slay the shadow dragon, she returned performa to her world with her many songs and actions. More than 2000 years have passed in her world since she helped slay the shadow dragon.

A Manakete capable of using powerful dragon stones and the full power of Emblem attacks.

• 100% Clear Bonus: Sommie Rider.

A powerful class that only Dragon units can reclass into. This class provides access to every weapon and high stat caps and growths across the board. Due to power, only one unit can have access to it per run.

Super Smash Bros. mode

A new mode available once you 100% the game. You can play all of it in the style of the much beloved party game, Smash bros. 80+ Fire Emblem characters are ready to duke it out in the land of Tellius!

The DLC will launch on April 20th for 69$

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

13 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

How would you define this, exactly?

Trauma, suffering, degeneracy and all that fun stuff that brings a smile to my heart Ü 

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Trauma, suffering, degeneracy and all that fun stuff that brings a smile to my heart Ü 

Oh... well, that's... nice...

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Walkthrough fucked up badly here, the old man doesn't give you the Round Jewel until after you beat Unicorn Cave, not before.

It's actually possible to complete Unicorn Cave before Dancing Dragon Dungeon. I used to do it that way, getting the bananas for Moosh was a bit difficult.

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Kyoto, April 1st 2023

Your parody or someone else's? Nice either way.😀

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Your parody or someone else's?

Completely mine 😄

When i saw the sommification of the subreddit while listening to TMS music the idea popped into my head xD

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Kyoto, April 1st 2023

Nintendo, Intelligent Systems, Monolith Soft and Atlus announced a new a DLC wave for the latest Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem Engage, aiming to not only conclude the celebratory 17th title of the series, but also bring beloved series together.

Here's the synopsis from the game's home page:

Features

• Return of paired Endings: The dlc will bring back the much beloved paired endings, including the ability to pair up the Emblems, heroes of the past, with other characters. This feature isn't available in the localized version.
  • Engage ver.2: When Engaging Characters now take on more powerful & sytlish forms! Dragon characters will have futuristical mechanical dragon wings and flying characters will ride air planes, as an example. These forms are known as Carnage Forms.
  • RPG gameplay: Between the challenging and strategic battles of Fire Emblem enjoy dungeon and filed exploration and challenging small party RPG gameplay!
  • Chain attack music: Whenever more than 3 characters take part in a chain or session attack, the music changes during the duration of the attack!

A new lyrical collection

The DLC will feature various beloved Fire Emblem tracks remixed and sung by Fortuna entertainment Idols.

• Doors of Fate, by Mamori Minamoto
  • Together we ride, by Toma Akagi and Eleonora Yumizuru
  • Dark Fall, by Yoshiro Tsurugi
  • End of All, by Kiria Kurono and Tsubasa Oribe
  • Opera of Light ver.2, by Itsuki Aoi feat. Alear & Veyle

In addition to that, songs from other games will get a remix as well. "Weight of Life" by Vocaloid Adult Tiki and more. Please look forward to it.

The Scientist Xenologue

Focusing on the origins of Sommie, this story revolves around a child destined to change the world, his strangely familiar red and blue doll and the mysterious picture. Discover the truth of the worlds with 12 highly strategic Fire Emblem maps and fun and challenging RPG gameplay between them!

New Emblems, Units and Classes

Upon clearing the Xenologue, the following Emblems will be available for the main game

• Emblem of Wings, Tsubasa & Caeda.

Focusing on Spd and Magic, this emblem is able to attack and support with Magic and lances.

• Stats: Magic/Spd/Dex
  • Sync skill: Session attacks. If an ally in movement range breaks an enemy, this unit performs a chain attack. If Tsubasa targets an enemy weakness (including during chain attacks), all allies in range will join in on the chain attack!
  • Engage Skill: Soaring girl. Avo+50 against attacks effective on the engaged unit.
  • Engage Weapon: Zandyne. Powerful Wind attack that breaks sword units. Effective vs. Fliers.
  • Engage Attack: Grand Finale. Powerful Area wind magic that also heals allies. Power increases with nearby number of allies.

In addition to that, more Emblems whose identities & abilities will be revealed later will also join you!

• Emblem of the Forseer.
  • Emblem of the Chad.
  • Emblem of the Eternal Now.
  • Emblem of the Joker.

Clearing the Xenologue will also provide you with a new unit

• Miracle Uta-Loid Tiki

A dragon who once helped Fortuna entertainment slay the shadow dragon, she returned performa to her world with her many songs and actions. More than 2000 years have passed in her world since she helped slay the shadow dragon.

A Manakete capable of using powerful dragon stones and the full power of Emblem attacks.

• 100% Clear Bonus: Sommie Rider.

A powerful class that only Dragon units can reclass into. This class provides access to every weapon and high stat caps and growths across the board. Due to power, only one unit can have access to it per run.

Super Smash Bros. mode

A new mode available once you 100% the game. You can play all of it in the style of the much beloved party game, Smash bros. 80+ Fire Emblem characters are ready to duke it out in the land of Tellius!

The DLC will launch on April 20th for 69$

Where is Lindon?

Moments with Mauvier

The Intermission is truly the chapter of Rixia... she really only got two scenes focusing on her, more if you spend tickets on her, but that's still more than she usually gets.

And then you get to the boss and oh no...

Spoiler

I spoke too soon about Luciola's cloud minions. I only got a game over once rather than spending an hour on the battle as in SC, so it could've been worse. Campanella properly introduces himself to the party and KeA is rescued from a sleepwalking episode, here I thought this would be a break chapter...

Campanella meets with the First and Sixth Anguis at the Celestial Globe... how can this be, the arc isn't even over yet! Regardless, this suggests that Ouroboros will presumably be more active going forward. The other Enforcers Campanella brings up are Bleublanc, Renne, and Luciola, so who knows who else will be involved in this mission. The First Anguis seems to be in charge of things whenever the Grandmaster is elsewhere, and I think this is the first reference (in a game I played so far) to the Grandmaster being female.

When she shows up, the Seventh Anguis mentions leaving "matters" in the hands of "the Oathbreaker". I'm not sure if I'd want someone with that title in my organization. She and Sixth are heading to Crossbell soon, so there will be maximum fun. And importantly, Duvalie hype.

Shizuku underwent a surgical procedure and has her eyes open now, but her eyesight still hasn't recovered. I feel like everyone would be less disappointed if the surgery did nothing. I feel like the game will explain what caused her blindness sooner or later, and it's probably related to the circumstances behind her mother's death.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well now, good to know I no longer need to get the amiibo to unlock those.

"Did you unlock every amiibo outfit without amiibo?

"Yes."

"What did it cost?"

"2,980,000 bond fragments."

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Feels surreal seeing this kind of discount on a Mario game. Especially one so recent.

The game was developed and published by Ubisoft, not Nintendo, so that's why.

I remember Mario + Rabbids being called "the best selling third party game" during the Switch's first year, but it feels like cheating because Mario is in it...

Unicorn Cave

dc9369de6e1f878b4fe3766a9b80abea.gif

58 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wait a minute.

and the mysterious picture

Hey wait a minute

71wFYVs4sRL.jpg

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's actually possible to complete Unicorn Cave before Dancing Dragon Dungeon. I used to do it that way, getting the bananas for Moosh was a bit difficult.

Well to clarify, you had to beat every dungeon up to Unicorn Cave. So even if you did Unicorn Cave first, you'd still have to do Dancing Dragon.

So me and my brother decided to play through all of the Assassin's Creed games because we spent a couple hours laughing our asses off at the AC wiki and now want to see how insane the lore is first hand...again.

Like seriously, AC is basically "What if every conspiracy theory was true??" Nobody can die of natural causes and literally everything has to related to the generational war between Assassin's and Templars.

Like this is the wiki's description for capitalism

zB5yCzj.png

Legit based.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

xgxtE0s.gif

Edited by GuardianSing

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

"Did you unlock every amiibo outfit without amiibo?

"Yes."

"What did it cost?"

"2,980,000 bond fragments."

Eh, will be less, since I actually also let them gain bond levels through skirmishes and ring polishing.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Send Luthier fanart.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
I agree

They should've gotten rid of him a long time ago, smh

1675115799197271.jpg

It was for the greater good

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/a0/93/bs8NWU8m_o.png

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

this suggests that Ouroboros will presumably be more active going forward.

Haha...

gsdx-20230401121947.png

Too rich for me.

Alchemizing gold doesn't require philosopher's stone in this game, the ruby red stones haven't shown up at all. No recipes show it being necessary, as it looks like I mistook the darkened silhouette of Aroma Material for it. Maybe Gust wanted to bench the legendary substance for a bit.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Unicorn Cave

dc9369de6e1f878b4fe3766a9b80abea.gif

I rather like the magnetic gloves. Zelda's first use of magnetism and don't forget that Magnesis!, they're kinda cool. And, they add a what was then novel tool for puzzling that keeps Oracle of Seasons from being left completely in the dust by OoA. That you sometimes have to reverse polarity while Link is over bottomless pits is interesting, Link rarely has to do actions like that, usually his feet are firmly on the ground when puzzling.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Legit based.

There is one thing you haven't been told about AC. None of the lore you speak of was real, it only became real once some people started believing it was real, it then retroactively became reality. The arrow of time flows selectively backwards.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

♫ Y de qué sirve reflexionar
Sobre el pasado, presente y futuro
Si de nada, si de nada
Si de nada estamos seguros
Volvernos a sentir en el
Comienzo del camino, es este desafío
Que impone el estar vivo ♫

I'm in a Enanitos Verdes mood. Sue me.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

So me and my brother decided to play through all of the Assassin's Creed games because we spent a couple hours laughing our asses off at the AC wiki and now want to see how insane the lore is first hand...again.

Like seriously, AC is basically "What if every conspiracy theory was true??" Nobody can die of natural causes and literally everything has to related to the generational war between Assassin's and Templars.

Like this is the wiki's description for capitalism

zB5yCzj.png

Legit based.

The Templars made COVID-19.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That you sometimes have to reverse polarity while Link is over bottomless pits is interesting, Link rarely has to do actions like that, usually his feet are firmly on the ground when puzzling.

Sweaty palms moment. But yeah, Magnetic Gloves are a very cool weapon. Wouldn't be surprised if Magensis was inspired by it.

Only other time besides those two that Zelda played around with magents was in Twilight Princess, for specific portions using the Iron Boots.