Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Bro the Oracle of Seasons walkthrough on ZeldaDungeon is so ass. I was following the trade sequence for the Master Sword and then the walkthrough just King Crimsons after the Lava Soup and is like "yeah just give the Phonograph to the Deku Scrub". There's still like five more steps.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, so, I went to the Underground Warehouse to fight the Lilith. Didn't got the Mind restoring item to drop, but I managed to reach level 50.

Then I went to fight Wind Demons to get their Mind restoring drop. Unlike the Lilith's, it's the 50% one instead of full restore. Still, since they're faster to take down and, if my calculations are correct, I now have a 5% chance to get it to drop (with Venus/Mandragora DSS), I figure this is going to be my most efficient way. I think I'll aim for... around 30 of them. In order to Summon cheese the Battle Arena. Got seven for now, but I'm calling it a day. Been playing for hours, hahaha. Will resume my grinding tomorrow.

For now... time to write!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well got the Master Sword and have entered the Ancient Tower. The walkthrough mentioned nothing that you could get the Master Sword here if Linked (it mentioned all the other Linked bonuses so this is a glaring omission).

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's... actually pretty appropriate. Huh. Now I'm left wondering if Square did that on purpose.

Also of note, doing a bit of checking, Sweden's economy to this very day has a strong mining sector. Feeling up to guessing which metal has historically been prominent among them for export? I'll give you 26 tries.

-Mind, Russia no doubt also has a vibrant mining industry (it's plenty big enough), and it seems Finland too. Norway not so much it seems, so being an icebox country doesn't necessarily equate to a bounty of mineral wealth. Nonetheless, Sweden is cold and rich in mineral wealth, facts.

...Now don't ask me for a historical desert country that relied on sodium exports! The Mali Empire (not to be confused with the modern country) of West Africa fits that profile, complete with Islamic culture (but being Sub-Saharan, it wasn't Arab). Yet Malian NaCl came from mining, not letting saline water evaporate. Although mineable deposits of GaronSpice™️ indicate saline water once existed there a long time ago.

And...

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2023-04-01-at-11-27-03-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2023-04-01-at-11-27-28-PM.png

The large-scale commercial production of salt from saline water is possible.

Screen-Shot-2023-04-01-at-11-28-01-PM.pn

From about July to October, during the monsoon season, the dotted area comprising the Great Rann and Little Rann salt flats are flooded by the heavy rains to about waist-deep, making Kutch a temporary island. Once the monsoon waters have dried up, 40000 workers annually pump groundwater into manmade collection pans dug into the Little Rann to dissolve the salt out of the ground. The water then evaporates in the intense sunlight, leaving behind collectible NaCl crystals. Almost half of India's domestic salt production comes from the Little Rann.🧂

But enough of this.🤓😛

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bro the Oracle of Seasons walkthrough on ZeldaDungeon is so ass. I was following the trade sequence for the Master Sword and then the walkthrough just King Crimsons after the Lava Soup and is like "yeah just give the Phonograph to the Deku Scrub". There's still like five more steps.

I'm a little surprised you went through with this whatsoever. I already told you that you didn't need the upgrade to complete the game or anything. And technically, I believe it's possible to skip the trading sequence in OoS since the final reward is information and the game doesn't check to make sure you have the Phonograph on hand if you try to follow the path in the woods to get the sword upgrade. 

As I'm writing, I feel I'm making the first chapter of a long story, instead of the one-shot I intend it to be. Hmm...

Chapter 2 of the Engage Manga should be releasing soon, now that I recall.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also of note, doing a bit of checking, Sweden's economy to this very day has a strong mining sector. Feeling up to guessing which metal has historically been prominent among them for export? I'll give you 26 tries.

Copper? 😛

(Dalaskogen is a very strong province in the strategy game of Europa Universalis IV. And they say video games don't teach you stuff)

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, of course Paradox favors their home country in their games. XD

"Sweden is not overpowered, Sweden is precisely as strong as it is supposed to be" - Johan, probably.

Although to their credit, Denmark is very very strong in the current version of EU4. Sweden, too, I'm pretty sure, although I haven't played as them (or Norway) yet.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sweetheart hogged all the best music, I swear.

8 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Those animals, they’re trying to assassinate the best character in the game.

I cannot believe Wraith is based.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, now all we need is for Dracula to become president of Sweden. And invade Britain. Then we will truly have the Triangle Strategy in real life.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I cannot believe Wraith is based.

It’s not much of a contest Rubenio. Sommie is the only character the game actually made me like, and it was simply because he follows you around the Somniel.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Its all a waste of time, you dont need to do any of it!

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And technically, I believe it's possible to skip the trading sequence in OoS since the final reward is information and the game doesn't check to make sure you have the Phonograph on hand if you try to follow the path in the woods to get the sword upgrade

This is true!

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And technically, I believe it's possible to skip the trading sequence in OoS since the final reward is information and the game doesn't check to make sure you have the Phonograph on hand if you try to follow the path in the woods to get the sword upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Its all a waste of time, you dont need to do any of it!

This would've been very useful information to know ahead of time

tenor_72.gif?width=622&height=331

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This would've been very useful information to know ahead of time

As I said:

"Item trading sidequest, which is a pain without a guide, and if you don't understand how getting Maple to appear works. Seasons does not require you to do the sidequest to get the sword if you know the code to get there already." -Lightcosmo on March 11th.

We had already pointed it out before!😛 You simply forgot.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ancient Tower feels like a Link to the Past dungeon with how many fake rooms and extra keys there are.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I said:

"Item trading sidequest, which is a pain without a guide, and if you don't understand how getting Maple to appear works. Seasons does not require you to do the sidequest to get the sword if you know the code to get there already." -Lightcosmo on March 11th.

We had already pointed it out before!😛 You simply forgot.

Ok but "code" in Oracle context usually means like, the actual codes. I thought Cosmo was referring to that. I didn't think he meant the Lost Woods instructions.

7 hours ago, ping said:

"Sweden is not overpowered, Sweden is precisely as strong as it is supposed to be" - Johan, probably.

Although to their credit, Denmark is very very strong in the current version of EU4. Sweden, too, I'm pretty sure, although I haven't played as them (or Norway) yet.

It's always Scandinavia doing the wildest shit I my Vic 3 games

I saw at one point the king of Sweden be a vanguard Marxist which was absolutely incredible 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok but "code" in Oracle context usually means like, the actual codes. I thought Cosmo was referring to that. I didn't think he meant the Lost Woods instructions.

Didnt I say when you get to the woods where you use the seasons to go west in each season?

YES

I finally beat Dracula.

And now for the final battle, which exists entirely to make me feel even worse about picking this shitty-ass path.

Cool battles, though. Kinda had to cheese the AI a bit to win this one, but hey, anything for victory, especially on hard mode.

5 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

It’s not much of a contest Rubenio. Sommie is the only character the game actually made me like, and it was simply because he follows you around the Somniel.

Your heart isn't as withered as it seemed. Attaboy, Wraith!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Your heart isn't as withered as it seemed. Attaboy, Wraith!

A heart Rubenio? I don’t think that word is part of my lexicon anymore. I think the blackened, charred thing broken into a million pieces on the ground maybe my “heart”, but I’m not entirely sure.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Word to the wise. Never play Heroes of Might and Magic 3 while drunk. Lol

For those familiar with the game there’s border gates. Before you can cross em you gotta find the right color keymaster and visit it. Had scenario last night take twice as long because I spent a coupla hours just lookin for one of those that was blending in with the mountains 😏

2 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Word to the wise. Never play Heroes of Might and Magic 3 while drunk. Lol

Will do. The Fell Xenologue chapters on the other hand are a different case.

@Armagon It doesn't look like you can max bonds with everyone in Alchemists of Al-Revis. I completed three events with Muppy, four with everyone else. I'm at Chapter 11 and I went and did one character's newly-opened fifth event. Although I still have three Free Times left, nobody else wants to bond all of a sudden despite them all wanting to during the prior Free Time. I glimpsed a guide for a teeniest moment. Chapter 12 is the last, and it seems Vayne does end up having to choose one fellow student above all others. I'm guessing I unknowingly did just that.

I chose to do Roxis's last event. Pamela is nice, but she has plenty o' presence through the franchise. I opted to pick an original character whose only game is this instead. I just so happen to have a separate save file right before I chose a fifth (fourth for Muppy), so I can reload to see someone else's if I want to.

7 minutes ago, Wartortle94 said:

What are you guys up to?😊

Wrapping up Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis. After that... I have too many games I've some desire to play.😆

Besides that, the weather is starting to warm where I am, so I'm getting in the mood to read outside again.