Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

21 minutes ago, Wartortle94 said:

What are you guys up to?😊

Currently writing.

Later plan to finish my Circle of the Moon playthrough, and maybe play Engage a little bit.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

After that... I have too many games I've some desire to play.😆

SRW J! SRW J! SRW J!

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW J! SRW J! SRW J!

It's at the top of my list ofc.😄

*Checks this topic* Looks like I considered myself done with my AP second run on the 11th of last month. One month's spacing ought to be long enough.😆

Besides that, resuming Rune Factory 5 is in order. Two RPGs with crafting at the same time would be a little too samey, so MK1 must be finished first. And Xenosaga Episode III at some point for a dose of "game with mecha", which is not the same as a "mecha game", but still appreciated, and necessary before XC3 can be begun. MK1 also being a PS2 JRPG means it has held back XSE3.

Since I'll be emulating GBA, I'm considering getting to Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django at some point, but I want warmer weather to be fully in the mood for that. I never played the game as a kid, but I want to. Boktai 3: Gyakushu no Sabata (Sabata's Counterattack) has a fan translation and would come sometime after SBD.

46 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

A heart Rubenio? I don’t think that word is part of my lexicon anymore. I think the blackened, charred thing broken into a million pieces on the ground maybe my “heart”, but I’m not entirely sure.

Yeah, yeah, sure.

31 minutes ago, Wartortle94 said:

What are you guys up to?😊

Playing Triangle Strategy and making a little thing in SRPG Studio for my part! What about you, stranger?

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wrapping up Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis. After that... I have too many games I've some desire to play.😆

Besides that, the weather is starting to warm where I am, so I'm getting in the mood to read outside again.

That's cool. 😎 I like reading outside too.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Currently writing.

Later plan to finish my Circle of the Moon playthrough, and maybe play Engage a little bit.

SRW J! SRW J! SRW J!

Nice man. That sounds fun. I still need to get Engage

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, yeah, sure.

Playing Triangle Strategy and making a little thing in SRPG Studio for my part! What about you, stranger?

That's awesome man. I'm just playing smash and listening to music like usual haha xD 

YES, got the Black Dog card first try!

And all cards now! Finally! Time to end the arena and fight Dracula!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So y'all know how the swastika was originally a peaceful symbol in Buddhism/Hinduism before Hitler took it and repurposed it as a symbol of hate? Well today I found out something else that was repurposed.

I did a double take when I saw this cause I was like "what the fuck is the KKK doing in Spain?" 

It's not the KKK, this is a Catholic Spanish tradition of showing penitence. The KKK just stole the look.

@Saint Rubenio you ever seen this around where you live, even if just in passing?

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Didnt I say when you get to the woods where you use the seasons to go west in each season?

I don't remember.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

doesn't look like you can max bonds with everyone in Alchemists of Al-Revis

Damn that kinda sucks. Even the modern Atelier games with time limits let you max out everyone, though you obviously needed to follow a guide for those games (Totori in particular requires it for the true ending).

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So y'all know how the swastika was originally a peaceful symbol in Buddhism/Hinduism before Hitler took it and repurposed it as a symbol of hate? Well today I found out something else that was repurposed.

I did a double take when I saw this cause I was like "what the fuck is the KKK doing in Spain?" 

It's not the KKK, this is a Catholic Spanish tradition of showing penitence. The KKK just stole the look.

@Saint Rubenio you ever seen this around where you live, even if just in passing?

I don't believe so, no. I don't think there's a specific attire for this day's celebrations. People just dress up however, you can find Jesus cosplayers in other places. If I were to hazard a guess, this is probably a regional thing specific to Sevilla. But well, I don't know for sure, I'm not the most knowledgable on religious customs.

Crazy how the Queen Ambi subplot from Ages only gets resolved if you play Seasons Linked.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't believe so, no. I don't think there's a specific attire for this day's celebrations. People just dress up however, you can find Jesus cosplayers in other places. If I were to hazard a guess, this is probably a regional thing specific to Sevilla. But well, I don't know for sure, I'm not the most knowledgable on religious customs.

Ah ok. Just curious.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is why we can't have nice things...

Triple-action quadruple-timecard-spamming two-turn-charge near-OHKO-at-full-health attack penultimate boss is 😐. I miraculously came so dang close to winning too, but I placed on the defensive so much I barely had actions when I could hurt it. Time to craft some electricity near-immunity accessories and see if that makes it more survivable. I'm surprised I actually need the all-revives and party-full-heals. If this is the second to last, then what dare I ponder what Gust hath made for the final foe?

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Crazy how the Queen Ambi subplot from Ages only gets resolved if you play Seasons Linked.

Yeah, there's no equivalent scene if you do OoA Linked instead. And as you've seen, OoS is basically nonexistent on the plot, so there isn't be a parallel story scene. 

You have to assume Ambi and the Cap'n eventually met again, however briefly. Since otherwise Ralph's supposed ancestry comes into question. (But then, Ralph feels like an odd character who exists and should be important, but doesn't contribute as much as he should b/c lolZeldaPlot + lolGBCPlot.)

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Damn that kinda sucks. Even the modern Atelier games with time limits let you max out everyone, though you obviously needed to follow a guide for those games (Totori in particular requires it for the true ending).

The weird thing is the game giving me more a little more time than I actually need. I could've maxed 4/7 of the characters had they allowed me to. -Me playing optimally (which isn't difficult) that is.

I did go back and watch Pamela's final event. Judging from her's and Roxis's, the last bonding scenes do feel pretty conclusive, a satisfying finish. It would've been nice to see all of them. Gust could've easily retained a "choose Vayne's closest person" selection by slipping in a brief additional scene after all the bonding is over, wherein Vayne has to go and meet someone 1-on-1. That's what Luminous Arc 3 (another magical high school with bonding setting) did, you could complete all of several characters' or everyone's with a cheat bond events in a single playthrough, and afterwards pick one of them for the ending.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I saw at one point the king of Sweden be a vanguard Marxist which was absolutely incredible 

Are you sure that wasn't a Fox News clip?

How odd one can leave to heal and save between Dracula's forms... but hey, no complains there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay this final battle is SO fucking cool. A lava map, in a game full of ways to push enemies around. Ahahahaha, oh this is great. This was totally worth the moral bankrupcy.

And done! Circle of the Moon has been cleared!

Hmm... I could do Harmony of Dissonance next... or Symphony of the Night, as I have it on mobile. Hmm...

Well, that's been Triangle Strategy. Again.

...Ending made me legit uncomfortable. That's an absolutely, utterly horrifying ending - and part of it is that the game doesn't present it as a bad ending. Not exactly, like it doesn't start playing creepy music or having the bad guys cackle maniacally and go "we are winner" or anything like that. It just has the protagonists voluntarily get brainwashed, spout massive hypocrisy over and over and brag about the "equality for all" they've achieved, completely ignoring all the people who apparently aren't part of that "all."

It's bad when the final boss commits an atrocity and I'm still rooting for him. I wanted to reach through the screen and throw the two amigos into the river lol. But then, I suppose that means the writers did their job well.

What a disgusting ending. Perhaps the fairy tale ending, as silly as it is, will be a nice palate cleanser, after this shit.

Octopath 2’s secret super boss is kicking my ass, just like in the first game. The difference is, there isn’t a mandatory boss gauntlet before (thank god) so I could do this legit without using a strategy from the internet to end the fight in 6 minutes.

…however after 100 hours I just kind of want to be done with the game. The ultimate conundrum.