Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

nstead, give the 13th slot at Seadall because having to bench someone for the late-joining dancer is the reason I often don't bother with dancers in FE, and have the 14th slot be unlocked in like, chapter 19. Yeah. Chapter 19 is a good time

yh no

too biased 😛

The last 2 fit perfectly imo

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, Rhea.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Ruben joining 3H wars i lived to see the day 😄

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I can vouch for it, if it helps.

yeah i've seen you (and Sooks) shill it, and it's one of the reasons why i didn't give up on it completely yet. 

But, dunno. I liked the demo -kinda-, but i wasn't completely sold yet.

Also, Square Enix.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Unless you played it already.

Yeah i did. 

It was ok, but something i feel i might drop for some reason or the other - that's what i am afraid of as that what happens with SRPGs that don't hit the spot for me.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I remember talking before about how the demo is mostly story

Yeah too wordy, too.

And that's coming from the guy who used to play Trails.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's always SRW...

Do fangames of other series in the style of SRW count?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yh no

too biased 😛

The last 2 fit perfectly imo

"Too biased"

> Two specific characters getting two super late slots all to themselves is okay, one of them happens to be your favorite character in the game

Nah but in all seriousness, at least a slot for Seadall. At least give me that. The dancer is as vital as it always is, but I am not going to have the heart to bench someone for the obligatory dancer. I just won't. It's the reason I prefer early dancers, I can include them in the team before it's fully formed and not have to gather the courage to give someone the boot.

I can already see myself taking on the maddening lategame without a dancer because I can't bear the thought of sending my slow-ass Alfred to the bench. It's that bad.

Ruben joining 3H wars i lived to see the day 😄

The crests, Shrimpers. They are to blame.

The crests took Lindon's deployment slot.

yeah i've seen you (and Sooks) shill it, and it's one of the reasons why i didn't give up on it completely yet. 

But, dunno. I liked the demo -kinda-, but i wasn't completely sold yet.

Also, Square Enix.

Well, it is the best thing Square has made in the last like 10 years according to someone who has played like four Square games. Non-remake, of course. I can't not acknowledge that they remade Live A Live.

Yeah i did. 

It was ok, but something i feel i might drop for some reason or the other - that's what i am afraid of as that what happens with SRPGs that don't hit the spot for me.

Yeah too wordy, too.

That's all fairly understandable, though.

Hey you know, Vandal Hearts 2 is not wordy and it is super unique, a factor you have claimed in the past to value

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah but in all seriousness, at least a slot for Seadall.

I can kinda give you that

But they will need to make the maps a bit harder then for the extra slot and i am not sure i want that

Especially not 16-20 XD

The maps are super tight as they are already

Hey you know, Vandal Hearts 2 is not wordy and it is super unique, a factor you have claimed in the past to value

I will keep that in my eye, but atm any SRPG i touch is honestly tainted by the fact that i just finished Engage.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Continuing Trails to Azure's finale

Spoiler

Rixia's been in the party for 20 minutes and she already saved Lloyd's life twice. The SSS really should've recruited her earlier (though that would necessitate knowing she's Yin).

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick. When you think about it, the Solm chapters don't really focus a whole lot on them, unlike with the other royals. Heck, you have the whole Hortensia thing happening in Solm itself, so it robs a little to Solm's own focus.

I can't believe Timerra's relevance peaks during her introduction scene. Though if relevance to the plot mattered that much, Alear and Veyle would be the only characters on the poll.

It is so fucking funny how DeSantis thinks he can win against Disney. You know, the megacorporation that accounts for like 80% of this State's revenue and quite literally has an army of lawyers, who have their own lawyers.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I can kinda give you that

But they will need to make the maps a bit harder then for the extra slot and i am not sure i want that

Especially not 16-20 XD

The maps are super tight as they are already

True. See, I understand. The game is well made.

...but god fucking dammit, I don't know who to kick out. Etie? Already used, but also my only bow user. Jade or Lapis? Lapis wasn't used before, but I like Jade so much more, but Lapis is a bit better, but I feel I didn't do Jade justice last time. Ivy? She's fun to use and I want to watch her realize her grievous error of judgment with Zelkov, who is also not going. Alfred? He's godawful, but therein lies the challenge of making him stick. Really sorry about Céline by the way, next run for sure Vandad? No, never! He's still good, he's still good!

That leaves Bunet who is hilarious, Amber who surprisingly enough turned out legit good, Timerra who will probably have dibs on knives when Zelkov hits level 21 and Citrinne, who... yeah, Citrinne is probably going. But I need at least one other for Saphir, and a third for Seadall because I gotta have SOME measure of survival instinct.

Help me, Shrimpy. I drown in lovable idiots.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I will keep that in my eye, but atm any SRPG i touch is honestly tainted by the fact that i just finished Engage.

No yeah, that's understandable. Engage is too good.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is so fucking funny how DeSantis thinks he can win against Disney. You know, the megacorporation that accounts for like 80% of this State's revenue and quite literally has an army of lawyers, who have their own lawyers.

You know this is the weirdest timeline when Republican vs Megacorporation... you're rooting for the megacorporation.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

You know this is the weirdest timeline when Republican vs Megacorporation... you're rooting for the megacorporation.

Bro said "imma send state inspectors to check the rides" (even though Disney already has their own inspectors) and when someone asked him if he'd do the same for Universal, SeaWorld, etc, he said no.

Yet another case Disney can make for political retaliation and 1st Amendment violations.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Help me, Shrimpy. I drown in lovable idiots

It's the dilemma of every Engage player. Even I had that problem lmao

Like, unlike Fates where i zero'd in one the gameplay of the cast mostly, i love the cast alot this time kek

Engage is too good.

It's so good it's giving me gaming paralysis.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm?

Stuff like Battle Moon wars or Fantasy maiden wars. 

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's the dilemma of every Engage player. Even I had that problem lmao

Like, unlike Fates where i zero'd in one the gameplay of the cast mostly, i love the cast alot this time kek

I can perhaps give bows to Jade, make her less redundant with Lapis and allow Etie to retire. So she leaves, Citrinne leaves, and uh.... I still need a slot for Seadall.

...fuck me...

3 minutes ago, Wartortle94 said:

Sup guys🦊

Eyyyy!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now what's this about finding Vestaria Saga Hilda annoying?

...say wha--

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sup.

Now what's this about finding Vestaria Saga Hilda annoying?

Nm just chillin. 😎 and haha I meant Hilda from Three Houses. I don't like her cuz she's lazy and cringey 😂 lol

Doesn't help that I could definitely try to better optimize my team, but then I got this mental image of Zelkov throwing hands and now I can't get it out of my head.

....then again, I do lack a qi-master at present...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...say wha--

Just making jokes out of vaguely worded thread titles.

1 minute ago, Wartortle94 said:

Nm just chillin. 😎 and haha I meant Hilda from Three Houses. I don't like her cuz she's lazy and cringey 😂 lol

Yeah, I knew. I wanted to make a post there with Genealogy Hilda to take advantage of the vagueness... but well, got beaten to it.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just making jokes out of vaguely worded thread titles.

Yeah, I knew. I wanted to make a post there with Genealogy Hilda to take advantage of the vagueness... but well, got beaten to it.

Haha 😂 😂

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eyyyy!

...say wha--

How's it going man?

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yeah and too wordy too

But the words are actually good this time

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

math-zack-galifianakis.gif

Ruben atm trying to create an Engage team

x = Timerra

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like how much earlier Tsukumo's escape attempt from the Nadesico hits a hurdle because... he found Gai's Gekiganger stash and began to binge it... while still in the middle of the enemy ship. lol

It was THE LOST EPISODE!😛

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yep, Zeorymer is truly something.

I've seen a few comments compare it design-wise with Granzon, which... I can see it.😄 The OG demigod of devastation had to be inspired by something.😈 

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ZLzZdGk.png

dats a new one

What's new about it? All it is is being anti-isekai.

-I've actually seen reincarnation within a more-or-less "normal" world, without the reincarnated destined to suffer any terrible fate in their new life, used as a form of punishment before.

I own the game myself. I started it sometime last fall, the narrative opening slowness and roughness of the gameplay start diminished the fun. I haven't super-mega-early dropped the game though, I forget what, but I just stopped playing it (might've been depression, which might've then led me into the rabbit hole of SRW A Portable) and haven't gotten back to TrI Strat yet. -Though I do intend to! -Saying this in case you'd want a third opinion.

Yeah too wordy, too.

And you dabble in the occasional VN.😛

How much of a slog wordiness is can vary from game (series) to game (series). I just criticized the amount of early text in Triangle Strategy, but there is a very good reason most Super Robot Wars don't have fan translations. And I simply can't get enuf of the banter.

Then you have me with Etrian Odyssey Nexus. All EOs have basically identical gameplay, what changes is tweaks of the minutiae. And those little differences do add up, I love EOV, but Nexus I stopped at the catfish boss fairly early on and still haven't gotten back to yet. I also broke my EO masochist streak and turned the difficulty down to Normal and it still felt like something a slog.

My point being, relatable. And the difference doesn't have to even be as big as FE vs. non-FE SRPGs, or even FE vs. FE.

20 minutes ago, Wartortle94 said:

Sup guys🦊

Hey.😄

I'm currently trying to finish Super Robot Wars J, I've been playing it nonstop for almost two weeks now.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

math-zack-galifianakis.gif

Ruben atm trying to create an Engage team

Deployment slot limits are a necessary evil. Do not forget that each additional unit is an extra set of clicks and thinking per turn. That will add up. Humans don't have the lifespans of Greenland sharks, which can live up to 392 years of age, the longest-living vertebrates in the world.

Putting multiple units in a single tile, such as Pair Up, can alleviate this issue. But I wouldn't say it solves it entirely.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the narrative opening slowness and roughness of the gameplay start diminished the fun

Yeah i felt that from the demo.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And you dabble in the occasional VN.😛

And i am kinda in the mood for one atm ngl but the one in my sights still hasn't been tl'd yet

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How much of a slog wordiness is can vary from game (series) to game (series).

And genre and more.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And the difference doesn't have to even be as big as FE vs. non-FE SRPGs, or even FE vs. FE.

umu umu!

And it's not like i am set on FE style. My fav. SRPG is VC4, and i do like quite a few non FE ones like Yggdra Union or Stella Glow.

Uniqueness is usually a big reason, but also music, calculations and game speed.

And just...having fun. And FE usually hits on too many tones compared to most others.

And then Engage just came and actually i can't have fun with most games (even non  SRPGs) atm lol. 

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I also broke my EO masochist streak and turned the difficulty down to Normal and it still felt like something a slog.

F

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Deployment slot limits are a necessary evil.

definetly.

I myself find my sweet spot at 12-16 (after mid game. Early on i want 10 or less). More than that and it becomes a slog, less and it might be too limited.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hey.😄

I'm currently trying to finish Super Robot Wars J, I've been playing it nonstop for almost two weeks now.

That's cool🦊 I just looked it up and it looks interesting