Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But also Advance Wars fans been starving for like more than a decade now.

Yeah, all snide aside, I feel like it's a combination of fans being willing to take anything if it means a chance of the series being revived, and newcomers who hadn't heard of this until now and just thought the new war game looked cute.

Well, if it does open up an opportunity for a brand new game of Olaf's beard, I'm not about to complain.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, all snide aside, I feel like it's a combination of fans being willing to take anything if it means a chance of the series being revived

Nintendo announcing Advance Wars 5: "hello everyone. This is Advance Wars 5. In this game, you will take control of an island nation's military force as they fight back against a mainland empire"

*China declares war on Taiwan a month prior to release, forcing Nintendo to delay the game cause now it hits too close to home*

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nintendo announcing Advance Wars 5: "hello everyone. This is Advance Wars 5. In this game, you will take control of an island nation's military force as they fight back against a mainland empire"

*China declares war on Taiwan a month prior to release, forcing Nintendo to delay the game cause now it hits too close to home*

Time to bring back my "Andromeda vs Triangulum galaxies at war delaying another AW game" joke...

Oh my God she actually ran away.

I really thought the AI would prioritize a sweet Emblem attack on my poor, *defenseless* Zelkov.

But no, instead he got peppered by a few useless daggers and Marni ran the completely opposite way, rendering the map unbeatable.

...Although I think I know what the problem was here - I tried running. Running never works in Good FE. I need to charge Mauvier and Marni. Man, I even got the dracoshield from the village, though... Sucks. Sadly, I probably won't get to go north again. If I had an entrap staff, this map would be a lot better, but I can't get one yet..

I still have not beat chapter 19.

Will I beat chapter 19?

Goodness gracious...

Also, I've been doing some investigating and there really is no easy way to get Swap games on the Nintendo PC anymore. Which I mean, fair, it's the current console, but when all I want is Loogi in a game I own, it's very annoying. Maybe I'll pick A Hat In Time back up instead then lololololol

But at least I got the best game on the Switch in time. It's as if destiny wanted me to unleash the Vandrip. Clearly what this means is that God is signalling me to one-round the final boss with Vandad.

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Ruben, that is nothing compares to the badassery you just seen.

I saw sensory overload and anime teens. Pretty nifty, but I will take Zelkov punching the daylights out of great knights over that lololololol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

saw sensory overload and anime teens. Pretty nifty, but I will take Zelkov punching the daylights out of great knights over that lololololol

Sensory overload? Do you mean the graphics?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what to do, I assume?

I had to retry a few times as well

The tactic that worked with me was playing the first few turns as a defence map until his warps run out, and then trying to push forward and evasion tanking with Celine

I tried a few times to play offensive as well, but the warp + strong enemies basically ensured my units kept getting killed. 

Another tactic you could try is to silence the Mauv and push from the middle.

But yeah, this was one of my fav. maps on hard, on maddening one of the weakest ones imo

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I had to retry a few times as well

Snip

No, you were... you were supposed to guess how many dual strikes I landed there, Shrimpers...

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ah

lmao

7?

All 9.

And it made zero difference because I gave up ten minutes later, but hey. All 9.

Anyway, not reading the tactic. I'm beating this if it's the last thing I do. For Saphir.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I suppose perhaps I'm just projecting my own inability to see it as a fair trade-off into the game. I wanted to punch Roland's shit-eating face every time he prattled on about fighting for "everyone." No, you shithead, not "everyone", you don't get to speak for "everyone."

It really is weird that Frederica only gets mentioned, though. You see Roland in Ben's, and I know you see Ben in Freddie's ending as well, so this just seems kinda weird. Though I guess they had to cushion the blow a bit so this doesn't feel as unbalanced of an ending lol

Spoiler

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a shit ending as well. But there is an argument to be made for it. All I wanted was to see the actual suffering as a result of it.

They tried to edit Frederica’s portrait to make her bald liked they edited different clothes onto Serenoa and Roland but it looked hilariously stupid instead of unsettling and they didn’t feel like drawing her another one.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, but if playing on the Switch you could've done the thing to hold down the screenshot button to record the last 30 seconds, right?

Yes, however, I didn’t think of it.

Just now, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a shit ending as well. But there is an argument to be made for it. All I wanted was to see the actual suffering as a result of it.

They tried to edit Frederica’s portrait to make her bald liked they edited different clothes onto Serenoa and Roland but it looked hilariously stupid instead of unsettling and they didn’t feel like drawing her another one.

Spoiler

Fair enough.

You know that does sound plausible, but then why not just show her covered by a hood, Roland-style?

Just now, Sooks said:

Yes, however, I didn’t think of it.

Boo, I wanted to see the funny.

I keep trying to go north because I got the dracoshield once and I wanna get it again.

I hate corrupted wyrms. I fucking hate them. They one-shot like, almost everyone in my team, and their insane range makes them hell to even reach. And on top of that, the only one who can deal decent damage to them is Zelkov! Jesus, thank goodness I made him a martial master on a whim. I couldn't imagine killing these things without him.

...Well... I could give Lindon a wyrmslayer. But then, wyrm fire is D rank, so he wouldn't even get his 20 crit. Better than nothing, I guess, but...

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

waifufag

Whatever you say, you fucking weaboo.

...Well... I could give Lindon a wyrmslayer.

Problem: Wyrmslayer is not effective against corrupted Wyrms.

Normal Wyrms yes (like the ones in paralogues), but not corrupted ones

Whatever you say, you fucking weaboo.

Says Mr. Fire emblem Forum poster who's horny for old peeps

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

I think I could start Chapter 3 of TDatP soon enough. Or at least, not wait as long as I did with Chapter 2. Not that it was too long either.

One thing for sure, I'd certainly avoid doing a repeat of my first ever multi-chaptered fanfic that took me three years to finish...

Loading times.

Loading times.

My kingdom for an entrap staff.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Problem: Wyrmslayer is not effective against corrupted Wyrms.

Normal Wyrms yes (like the ones in paralogues), but not corrupted ones

Oh for fuck's sake, I already knew that. Tried it back in Eirika's join map and failed miserably.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Says Mr. Fire emblem Forum poster who's horny for old peeps

That's not even fucking true, I'm only horny for muscle girls.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh for fuck's sake, I already knew that. Tried it back in Eirika's join map and failed miserably

best thing against the Wyrms is Eirika tbh

Sieglinde especially

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not even fucking true, I'm only horny for muscle girls.

fucking weeb

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

best thing against the Wyrms is Eirika tbh

Sieglinde especially

Yeah, see.

That's already the option, but Zelkov needs to overextend dramatically because my team gets one-shot by wyrms. In fact, Zelkov gets one-shot by wyrms, my only option is the twin strike lololololol

Thank goodness I don't really need it for anything else, since Zelkov destroys everything with his bare hands.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

fucking weeb

Who are you calling fucking weeb, you fucking weeb

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's scary at first, but you get used to it

I admit, I'm a bit worried... Ain't either the sharpest tool nor the most responsible one.

Definitely a great opportunity to learn, though!

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Jooooooooooo 😄

I'll make you proud, Dad!

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Congrats!

I'll make you proud, Son!

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck at college, it really is a different experience

Thank you! I look forward to drowning beneath paperwork and music.

...And also rain, because I'm moving from a desert to a rainforest.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Congrats!

Thank you!

If I sing any bossa novas while I'm at school, I'll dedicate them to you

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A+ Support Achieved.

I think this is the S-support, actually.

Ruben is a tsundere, after all!