Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think this is the S-support, actually.

Ruben is a tsundere, after all!

Too much rank inflation.

Why back in my day it was just ABC. None of this fancy S, A+, B+, C+ you whippersnappers fiddle around with.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

fqKGylt.png 6SeNEwG.png

Sand Attack cheese instead of Sleep Power cheese :lol: Only used two potions in the Brock fight, both on Toriyama, and didn't even need the second one.

(that's Toriyama the Spearow, Sagan the Rattata, and BossHoss the temporary accuracy reducer)

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why back in my day it was just ABC. None of this fancy S, A+, B+, C+ you whippersnappers fiddle around with.

Oh look, a Binding Blade Baby

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm more of a Melee transfer.

My mistake.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

Oh look, a Blazing Blade Baby

E605JA8V_o.png

YES

MAUVIER

YOU'RE DUMB

No but seriously, how the fuck does Marni manage to consistently be the thorn in my side on this map? Coolheaded smart boy Mauvier has Leroy Jenkinsed his sorry ass to Zelkov and promptly died every time. Even killed him with Vandad once. But Marni is so slow and her AI is so erratic that she is able to hide behind the clusterfuck. And I cannot push past the clusterfuck.

...But this time I got a good thing going. Zelkov might as well be a wall of steel, but unlike regular walls, the enemies love to bunch up in front of him. Lots of masochists among the armies of Sombron, apparently. I can effectively plug up one side with Vandad's fires. That just leaves one opening. If I could just get Marni to circle around either direction again... This time I have it for sure.

Tomorrow, of course. It's gotten late.

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

Get a room, you two

Do not do it, Ben.

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

I admit, I'm a bit worried... Ain't either the sharpest tool nor the most responsible one.

Definitely a great opportunity to learn, though!

Ahh, don't fret! Just relax and think of all the good things to come. I'm sure you'll be fine.

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ruben is a tsundere, after all!

You will not be fine.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do not do it, Ben.

You're not the dad of him! Unless, of course, you're his new dad #2.

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Classic OG pokemon R/B/Y strats! Naturally, I approve!

I don't plan to keep using Pidgey, so I'll transition into the other classic RBY strat, Sleep, soon enough. :lol: I just caught a Clefairy and now I'm deliberating if the fourth slot is going to be Meowth or Jigglypuff...

I highly recommend you guys watch One Cut of the Dead.

It is extremely important that you do not look up anything regarding that movie before watching it.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

If I sing any bossa novas while I'm at school, I'll dedicate them to you

Attaboy

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is extremely important that you do not look up anything regarding that movie before watching it.

C'mon, I won't be able to know what the movie is about if I don't search

Trails to Azure final chapter

Spoiler

When the previous protagonists return, but your party doesn't interact with them until right before the final dungeon

btzazQr.jpg

It's interesting to hear Estelle and Joshua talk about the Erebonian civil war, since I've been wondering how they felt about it for a while now. They haven't been in contact with Olivert since it started, there go my theories of him hanging out in Liberl for a month.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:20 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I appreciate the effort, but there should be no audience for this. We've got like, dozens of generic waifus in this series. Respect the only other old hag, you fucks.

Now I'm wondering... are there any young Vander and Lindon mods?

On 4/23/2023 at 4:53 PM, Sooks said:

The ending was a little bit underwhelming. It should have been more depressing.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:11 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, to be honest, the ending felt perfectly depressing to me.

I can't believe Sooks was more morally bankrupt than Rubenio all along. Triangle Strategy has more twists than I expected...

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is it a sequel to 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? They have the same spoiler policy and everything.

15 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

C'mon, I won't be able to know what the movie is about if I don't search

I agree for most movies. But going into it completely blind is the best experience.

Granted I'm not sure if searching it up online to watch would give more (especially being a Japanese film so good luck finding it on Netflix or some shit). I only saw it this way because it was the last film my cinematography class showed.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

sequel to 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? They have the same spoiler policy and everything.

Haha.

In this case, it's moreso knowing ahead of time ruins the experience as opposed to having the plot spoiled for yourself. Although that too.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, see.

That's already the option, but Zelkov needs to overextend dramatically because my team gets one-shot by wyrms. In fact, Zelkov gets one-shot by wyrms, my only option is the twin strike lololololol

Thank goodness I don't really need it for anything else, since Zelkov destroys everything with his bare hands.

I bet this advice is too late to help, but the mostly useless staff that breaks enemies works on enemy Wyrms, so you have a means of preventing them from countering you if you need it.

2 hours ago, ping said:

fqKGylt.png 6SeNEwG.png

Sand Attack cheese instead of Sleep Power cheese :lol: Only used two potions in the Brock fight, both on Toriyama, and didn't even need the second one.

(that's Toriyama the Spearow, Sagan the Rattata, and BossHoss the temporary accuracy reducer)

Started the Normal monotype run of gen 1. Good work getting by Brock at such low levels with normal types.

Speaking of which, I should start one of those up myself

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No but seriously, how the fuck does Marni manage to consistently be the thorn in my side on this map?

She does have Roy so each health bar requires an extra action to get past.

2 hours ago, ping said:

I don't plan to keep using Pidgey, so I'll transition into the other classic RBY strat, Sleep, soon enough. :lol: I just caught a Clefairy and now I'm deliberating if the fourth slot is going to be Meowth or Jigglypuff...

Trade Spearow for Farfetch'd for the LOLs.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

rejected

Ruben is into old peeps, i am still young

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No but seriously, how the fuck does Marni manage to consistently be the thorn in my side on this map?

Hold out is a fucking bitch and a half

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

is this another 13 Sentinels situation

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

20230424_095822.jpg

Below them all:

Fire Emblem Tier

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Is it a sequel to 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? They have the same spoiler policy and everything.

great minds think alike kek

Need to do a third play through just to hear this in-game.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Lmao this again

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe Sooks was more morally bankrupt than Rubenio all along. Triangle Strategy has more twists than I expected...

It’s not that I think the ending is good, but we didn’t get to see any of the inhumane suffering we inflicted, which was very underwhelming— oh, I see what you did there.

Edited by Sooks

Fellas, you ever eat a bit too many snacks and then start to feel the calories later? Cause I'm starting to feel the calories of all the cookies I ate like an hour and a half ago (I have made a mistake).

55 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Below them all:

Fire Emblem Tier

TRUE!

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lmao this again

At least this time it's a movie that's like an hour and a half and not a 25 hour game.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would just like to point out you have a junk sword equipped.

I am going to surmise a guess that you're really feeling it?

I guess you could say "This is the Monado's power!"

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

How are you enjoying that game? I played back when it was new, and I kinda wonder if it holds up.

As a game I think it holds up, much better than the original. Brotherhood definitely perfected the formula but I think AC2 still stays strong in it's own way

Story wise it's still just as lacking as when it released in my opinion.

Alright, time for my own little Gen 1 monolock, starting with Fire

AJFCJaXv1nX6297R1V1ydiaonT1nkqK6QmBCqPwQ

Which is in some ways easy, as one of the base starters is Fire type, and I get past the first battle with my childishly named rival just fine

AJFCJaUv07iYNtkbL9ScQcuT4vhRRdnwnodGs6M6

And even went out of my way to do the optional second battle with him on Route 22, although I did wait til after beating all the trainers in Viridian Forest

AJFCJaWDSuI02pvxOuP0hBZhHK95nS0xrU2ChKQY

And fairly easily beat Brock starting at level 14...although I did go out of my way to beat all the trainers, and wild pokemon I run into along the way.

Now after seeing how well that went, it got me thinking, maybe I judged poor Charmander too harshly, so I did a save state, and restarted getting to Brock at minimum battles, and went level by level to see when Charmander could really get past Brock here, and my findings is around level 13 is about right, so I wan't that far off, but I continued with the first save, as I am expecting to need that bit of extra exp for Misty. Speaking of which, I did continue on with that first save (with plenty of speedup)

I get out of Mt. Moon in low 20s by beating all trainers, and some of the wilds I run into along the way along the way (I stop due to PP concerns, and end up needing to use an Ether before the last fight), and with Mega Punch, I can get past all of Misty's Gym Trainers just fine, but with Misty is still too tough for me, so I in a surprise to end up beating

AJFCJaWlC527M0YJXl799XAYzin2inlufn2CYIRL

The Cerulean Rival fight first. Mega Punch made it very east. I have a plan for getting past Misty, with all the levels I get on the path to Bill, plus

AJFCJaXhlWeYsU0bfTKm30ecckcIl7y2RjczjPMvAJFCJaXw0uFj1Qx1wWTT3729Leb3FXC7VujwktUI

The Dig TM, that is easily enough to get past

AJFCJaVpPlcvVR0BTY3rZGZuthlGkr4_qGhCelCM

Misty. The levels were enough to outspeed both her pokemon, and Dig is 100* accuracy and 100 power is enough to one shot the Staryu, and power through the Starmie, with a tiny bit of luck avoiding crits of course.

AJFCJaWv6eBkXZ8M0Sj3k68Nl0ebAsUqUowpiEdb

I also run into Looker on the S.S. Anne. I did go through the effort of beating all trainers on the S.S. Anne, simply because they go away after completing it, as Charmleon probably doesn't need that much help anymore

AJFCJaVE-SEFbpLi357X9yciljmUU1Mli7VOHozb

And we are almost a Charizard after beating the S.S. Anne rival

AJFCJaXvKZGCyL7kMTzqG4WKfe2DUCtoC8-IrY6e

And Dig is easily enough to trivialize Lt. Surge, and he even gets the evolution together with the badge.

AJFCJaWWn0j3QTTufWB9JWE6g4ZyW-U3pZWg3m5h

Also fun fact, you can dig out of the fan club where you get the Bike Voucher from.

Honestly this was easier than expected, as beating all trainers has been enough to make it through just fine. Then again, I am anticipating the Elite Four (most notably Lorelei, and Lance) to be particularly difficult, so maybe I shouldn't be calling it so far.

Oh, hey, Death, buddy, how's it going...

Got nothing to say? No? Oh well.

... really, why was he back to just "show up for boss fight" role in this game, considering... yeah.

Okay, stopping for now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly this was easier than expected, as beating all trainers has been enough to make it through just fine. Then again, I am anticipating the Elite Four (most notably Lorelei, and Lance) to be particularly difficult, so maybe I shouldn't be calling it so far.

Good luck! Is this going to be a 'zard zolo or do you plan on adding anything? It seems that compared to Clefable and (potentially) Wigglytuff for me, both of which can learn a bunch of strong special coverage moves (plus, y'know, Sleep cheese), the other Fire types don't add all that much that Charizard can't already do. I suppose Vulpix can Confuse Ray in order to luck its way through a tough fight if needed, if you're playing Blue.

9 hours ago, ping said:

You're not the dad of him! Unless, of course, you're his new dad #2.

Well--

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, he's Garuben.

Yes, he is my child now.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh boy, here we go again.

Can I at least get like, a poster? A small synopsis? Character names? Anything at all?

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now I'm wondering... are there any young Vander and Lindon mods?

Of course not. If a girl is old, they make mods to waifu her, but if a guy is old, they just ignore and make fun of him. The amount of people going "Lindon is just a boring old man, I instabenched him because he's so boring" and I'm like "have you even read a single support, guy's almost as mad as Bunet, but in a well-written way."

And Vandad's A support with Pandreo is a strong contender for the best in the game. There's a lot of competition, but few things beat Vandad acting like a boomer and then dying an agonizing death for his own hubris.

But the FE fanbase thinks with their dick, so the old man gets benched for Rosado and his zero base strength. Boo.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It makes sense, when you think about it. I'm like, the act 1 villain and he's the twist mastermind. I am very obvious, but he hides greater evil within.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I bet this advice is too late to help, but the mostly useless staff that breaks enemies works on enemy Wyrms, so you have a means of preventing them from countering you if you need it.

I hadn't even thought of that. Good to keep in mind for the future. Though in this case, I did already kill the relevant wyrm.

Out of curiosity, does it work on Maddening bosses? I never have the crystal uses to try.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

She does have Roy so each health bar requires an extra action to get past.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hold out is a fucking bitch and a half

It's not even Roy, it's the fact that she has 4 movement and gets left behind by the clusterfuck of reinforcements the map throws at me. Roy doesn't matter when I cannot even reach her lol

rejected

Ruben is into old peeps, i am still young

Below them all:

Fire Emblem Tier

Fire Emblem tier: Villains who retreat.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Need to do a third play through just to hear this in-game.

War Crimes theme. Very pretty song.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I guess you could say "This is the Monado's power!"

I wish I had another line to respond with, but I'm all out of things Shulk says.

Uh, "It's Shulking time"?

Edited by Saint Rubenio