Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'd say, once I finally have TH and get to play it thoroughly, I feel I can dedicate more to what ideas I have to write.

I really do want to write that "Genny in Fodlan" idea I mentioned a while back. But owning TH or not, I may still hold it back, as I'm already writing a big project already.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And now I'm feeling sleepy, so there's no point in even trying to beat chapter 19 until tomorrow.

Really starting to fear my run's going to end here, Jesus Christ... Tomorrow I gotta forget that dracoshield and just rush Mauvier. See how that works out. Not too well, I feel I'm going to get overwhelmed, but any strategy that puts a cluster of enemies between myself and Marni inevitably ends in defeat.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I should remember these kind of reactions for my fanfic writings...

I mean, if you have some 4-year-old character, it might fit them.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Haha.

Ultimately the point of those videos is not that Nintendo's in the moral right or whatever but things are the way they are because copyright law is the way it is. We can blame Disney for that.

Thanks, Disney. You ruined entertainment.

All I'll say is there's a reason this is the film my cinematography professor chose to end the semester on.

Oh I do believe you, to be sure. Perhaps if at some point I feel like watching a movie, which... well, I never do, so... yeah. lol

I do know what 1984 is tbf.

I think part of a big reason for my distaste in dystopian fiction is (and maybe this has to do with what I was exposed to) but....it seems these are stories where nothing resolved itself. As in, practically every one of these stories that i've seem ends with like "and so the protagonist was an utter fool to think he could change the way things are". So like what's the point? Like even the fucked up world of Berserk has a message about hope. Dystopian fiction can't even do that.

I suppose that's a fair point. Though I'm pretty sure 1984 specifically was intended by its author less as a simple work of fiction and more as a warning of what could come in the real world.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

At least this time it's a movie that's like an hour and a half and not a 25 hour game.

But is everything hidden because the movie somehow manages to tell a nonlinear story and anything could be a spoiler?

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It makes sense, when you think about it. I'm like, the act 1 villain and he's the twist mastermind. I am very obvious, but he hides greater evil within.

Thank you for calling me smart. I will strive to live up those expectations.

Spoiler

No one will ever find out that it has been me behind the scam bots on Serenes! Every single one of them.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

War Crimes theme. Very pretty song.

Spoiler

All three of the battle themes against the main three are insanely good. I was wondering why the battle theme against Silvio after surrendering the Roselle was so groovy, now I have the answer. I think I’m remember Roland’s also plays somewhere else in game, but I don’t remember where. I don’t think I’ve seen Benedict’s anywhere else, but I would assume it plays somewhere like the other two.

Or I could just be wrong and it’s only Frederica’s

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, every time he talks shit about dystopia by equating it to death games or The Purge that I am tempted to go "read 1984" but I'm worried y'all will think I'm the kind of guy who goes "this is literally 1984" at political news instead of just someone who read 1984 years ago lololololol

But nothing happens in the first 90 pages of 1984, such a recommendation is against everything you stand for.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But is everything hidden because the movie somehow manages to tell a nonlinear story and anything could be a spoiler?

Every theater gets a different version. There are like 195 movies.

Thank you for calling me smart. I will strive to live up those expectations.

Please, do so without becoming an evil mastermind. Or, rather, continuing to be. Use your abilities for good.

Hide contents

No one will ever find out that it has been me behind the scam bots on Serenes! Every single one of them.

Spoiler

I can't believe Sooks was all the bots all along.

Hide contents

All three of the battle themes against the main three are insanely good. I was wondering why the battle theme against Silvio after surrendering the Roselle was so groovy, now I have the answer. I think I’m remember Roland’s also plays somewhere else in game, but I don’t remember where. I don’t think I’ve seen Benedict’s anywhere else, but I would assume it plays somewhere like the other two.

Or I could just be wrong and it’s only Frederica’s

Spoiler

Roland's theme plays at the start of the Gustadolph battle in his route, though oddly enough, it is changed to Gustadolph's conversation theme when Gustadolph first attacks. Shame, I felt Roland's theme was much better for the battle.

Benedict's plays in his version of chapter 15, I'm pretty sure.

But nothing happens in the first 90 pages of 1984, such a recommendation is against everything you stand for.

Imagine if instead, you went through all 300-ish pages and when you got to the end, the twist happened and then the book just ended. Buy 1984 2 for closure!

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose that's a fair point. Though I'm pretty sure 1984 specifically was intended by its author less as a simple work of fiction and more as a warning of what could come in the real world.

And, as always, some didn't listen, and others took it as an instruction book instead.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every theater gets a different version. There are like 195 movies.

Damn, he’s cracked the code

Please, do so without becoming an evil mastermind. Or, rather, continuing to be. Use your abilities for good.

You’re right.

This is an anime game thread, so I am now completely redeemed.

Hide contents

Roland's theme plays at the start of the Gustadolph battle in his route, though oddly enough, it is changed to Gustadolph's conversation theme when Gustadolph first attacks. Shame, I felt Roland's theme was much better for the battle.

Benedict's plays in his version of chapter 15, I'm pretty sure.

Wait, how did I miss that? Is it because I played the map as an actual stealth map until the very end and then let myself get seen?

Imagine if instead, you went through all 300-ish pages and when you got to the end, the twist happened and then the book just ended. Buy 1984 2 for closure!

But I like cliffhangers

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

eally starting to fear my run's going to end here, Jesus Christ... Tomorrow I gotta forget that dracoshield and just rush Mauvier. See how that works out. Not too well, I feel I'm going to get overwhelmed, but any strategy that puts a cluster of enemies between myself and Marni inevitably ends in defeat.

How are you playing the map exactly?

Trails to Azure's final dungeon looks like it'll be pretty long. Are there any recommendations as to who I should give the Zemurian weapons and ultimate armor to (or if there's anything else I should know going in)?

19 hours ago, Sooks said:

It’s not that I think the ending is good, but we didn’t get to see any of the inhumane suffering we inflicted, which was very underwhelming— oh, I see what you did there.

I see.

WZ6cLMT.jpg

Though Altina might forgive you, if you just meant you would rather have more showing than telling.

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And Vandad's A support with Pandreo is a strong contender for the best in the game. There's a lot of competition, but few things beat Vandad acting like a boomer and then dying an agonizing death for his own hubris.

Dang, I had no idea supports had permadeath now. Just like how Alfred's taste buds are annihilated in his support with [REDACTED].

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

There, that's all you get (this is the only thing the professor showed prior too).

It looks like a zombie movie and sounds like a zombie movie. Maybe the twist is that there are no zombies and it's a movie about making a zombie movie?

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Buy 1984 2 for closure!

Wouldn't it be called 1985?

BotW done, i'll write a review later cause i have assignments to finish.

Take this in the meantime

Fulmv5gWcBQVKcJ?format=jpg&name=medium

(Wind Waker is supposed to be HD but the list didn't have it)

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

How are you playing the map exactly?

One time I managed to get the dracoshield from the upper village, which emboldened me to try and go north every time. The problem is that, after getting past roughly the middle of the map, Mauvier changes to his "rescue Marni then charge" AI, and comes at me alongside the entire population of great knights and wolf riders. I cannot kill that amount of enemies, so I tried chokepointing with Zelkov. This proved effective... except Marni stands around at the back of the bunch and refuses to come at me unless I put someone directly in her range. And being a 4 move unit in the middle of a clusterfuck of cavaliers, well... It's really difficult.

I suppose I could try being patient and just slooooowly kill everything over the course of 3400 turns, but that's a surefire way to get burned out, especially when there doesn't seem to be any end to the reinforcements coming from the east. Heck, I think of the amount of maps I've left and already I wonder if I'm gonna have the will to get through them all after spending a whole fucking week on this... I really need to get this done before I can't bring myself to keep trying.

Thus, tomorrow I need to abandon all pride and pretense and just bumrush Mauvier. Force him to bring Marni to me, then kill both. I MUST kill Marni while she's still within reach, or else the map is impossible. If there's a better way, I'll find out later. Fuck the dracoshield, it's a trap.

Fuck that bitch. I am going to relish the one chapter 21 cutscene. I'm not even going to skip it. I will enjoy every fucking second of it.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Dang, I had no idea supports had permadeath now. Just like how Alfred's taste buds are annihilated in his support with [REDACTED].

Don't forget how Lindon murders a certain other character by blasting him with thunder at the end of their chain. A bold choice on IntSys's part, to be sure, but I respect it.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Wouldn't it be called 1985?

1984 + 2 = 1986 ya dolt

25 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Trails to Azure's final dungeon looks like it'll be pretty long. Are there any recommendations as to who I should give the Zemurian weapons and ultimate armor to (or if there's anything else I should know going in)?

At least 2 of the characters you use in the final boss fight have to be part of the main 4. The other 2 slots can be anyone (including the rest of the main 4). The final boss is another long one, so whatever party you’re thinking of bringing should likely be your priority. But I sorta did that without thinking about it, there might be a better approach to take.

The dungeon itself will force you to have most everyone in your party at some point but they can be reserve members, so you don’t have to use everyone.

Do the 100% evade build for Lloyd.

25 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though Altina might forgive you, if you just meant you would rather have more showing than telling.

Hey wait, did you read the Triangle Strategy spoilers? How could you do this to yourself? Unless you played it

And yes, the moment would’ve felt much more impactful if we got to see it.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fulmv5gWcBQVKcJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Ayy Majora’s Mask in S!

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This proved effective... except Marni stands around at the back of the bunch and refuses to come at me unless I put someone directly in her range. And being a 4 move unit in the middle of a clusterfuck of cavaliers, well... It's really difficult.

yeah that was a fucking problem and i basically had to evasion tank my way through until i reached her.

Thankfully the rest of the maps don't have any such bs. 

image.png

European bros...

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, every time he talks shit about dystopia by equating it to death games or The Purge that I am tempted to go "read 1984" but I'm worried y'all will think I'm the kind of guy who goes "this is literally 1984" at political news instead of just someone who read 1984 years ago lololololol

Read Brave New World

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think part of a big reason for my distaste in dystopian fiction is (and maybe this has to do with what I was exposed to) but....it seems these are stories where nothing resolved itself. As in, practically every one of these stories that i've seem ends with like "and so the protagonist was an utter fool to think he could change the way things are". So like what's the point? Like even the fucked up world of Berserk has a message about hope. Dystopian fiction can't even do that.

R E A L I S M

And some people just like to revel in despair

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*laughs in SRW Z*

The film also has a different ending. But what does SRW Z do with the series? Does the story just continue from there or do they manage to stop Earth from being destroyed?

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Trails to Azure's final dungeon looks like it'll be pretty long.

It's the longest final dungeon of the series. Prepare yourself for battles and exposition.

On 4/24/2023 at 2:16 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

You will not be fine, baka

Fixed it for you

On 4/24/2023 at 1:49 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Why back in my day it was just ABC. None of this fancy S, A+, B+, C+ you whippersnappers fiddle around with.

New Teehee lore: Acacia is in fact the Elder God of Serenes Forest and created everyone on the forums.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Nothing happens for the middle 90 pages either.

...The last thirty pages are pretty interesting, though.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Take this in the meantime

I thought that said "Link's Awakening NSFW" and I was afraid.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

HoySngC.png

dkT0QQO.png

I forgot that I watch Youtube videos at 240p so you'll just have to deal with the horrible resolution

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Son i never knew you live in 2008

I'm paranoid about using too much of our wifi, okay?

Plus if my parents find out how much time I spend on the internet and what I do on it I'd never be seen again

Back with my Fire Monotype run, I finally hit a point where I stop beating all trainers when I reach Rock Tunnel. I don't have Flash, so instead I use the classic Speed Run map of Rock Tunnel to get through it blind, and even skip all the trainers between the exit to Rock Tunnel, and Lavender Town...at first, as

AJFCJaW6OAZFyC1Ty4DpB2YRuVtdceTcGeHMIeuu
We finally get the second teammate, but Vulpix has a lot of grinding before it will even resemble useful, so I go back and switch train her on all the trainers I skipped between Rock Tunnel and Lavender Town, and even take out a few I skipped in the last room in Rock Tunnel (I didn't go back far enough to go through a ladder though), I even take down

AJFCJaVFv2wXPef8lr1AAx9A3oxY1bjOSvX0pyIe

The Pokemon Tower Rival before I start working on Route 8 as well, with Vulpix managing to take out the Rival's Eggexcute all on her own, and by about the mid way point of route 8

AJFCJaW9Oq99WBTfCALnlwBNZvEGEu-gwLbMUybr

She is almost able to take out a trainer all on her own. Although after Route 8 we even get our third team member, thanks to buyable Fire Stones with

AJFCJaXaLt8IExTSoPOCvfd844cqa92P6GtVjfFKAJFCJaU_cPBrW9AFdsFhCabJLK6nTP4UMHDv7L7F

Flareon, and with the use of that Body Slam TM I have been holding onto, he can use that massive attack of his. I do buy a second Fire Stone for the future, but I do want to wait for Flamethrower first, which will frustratingly be a long while off. At least Flareon starts at a higher level than the Vulpux did. Well I decide to take on the grass Gym first, and I try to avoid resorting to Charizard while clearing out the trainers there, which Firefox struggles with despite having the only fire move available at this point, and Hell Hound shone at thanks to the much higher power of Body Slam despite not having a Fire move at all

AJFCJaVeNzGDMK2-qSg-BZnCBmnRjXWelBmNxxK9

And the Erika fight emphasized this so much, with Firefox doing piddly damage with Ember, getting Paralyzed, and then wrapped to death, but she did do enough that Hell Hound could finish the Victreebell, and despite it being quite a few hits to power through the rest of Erika's team, he managed to out damage her with that powerful Body SLam. Admittedly Smaug's Dig would have made short work of her, but I managed without. I also take down all the trainers in the Rocket Hideout, and there was an interesting reversal of roles in the Giovanni fight, as Vulpix's Ember being a special move did far better against his high defense Rock types, but in the end

AJFCJaX5C4ur3mbeswZ_HgN0PG3D3vwfT9PXG4-c

Hell Hound has to come in to finish his Kangaskhan, and almost fall anyway thanks to an untimely crit. Now I have managed to let the newbies hold there own for a while there, but the nature of Pokemon Tower would force Charizard back into the forefront, as

AJFCJaUO_dzUzaiC1NC25fWBOLOH6e2mQTLFip0lAJFCJaVzxSZGa-0GeGgyd-QSfz2u7ko-IhBN_9_z

Hell Hound is literally unable to hit Ghost types until after I defeat the Ghost Marowak, but even if I had Ember earlier in the tower, I suspect he would have the same issue Firefox had, that the Ghastly line has good special, and Ember being garbage making it difficult to kill, and with both Confuse Ray, and Lick's paralysis chance, there are a lot of ways for things to go horribly wrong. Meanwhile Smaug's Dig trivializes all of them.

AJFCJaWIcz5qwTkd_VR5BDpV8TClbKztpKKdmYKkAJFCJaU49gKOe1j8CkP2GLOobnJTl750LJ5N207o

After getting the Pokeflute from Fuji, I go straight for Koga and surf, skipping all the trainers on cycling road on the way.

AJFCJaUkKU0S7rCl16GP8YWtMsfHVEMewZTqkA0RAJFCJaUaPn35aEKbNV9jpSwvL7z2qcUARcTcW350

After a trip to the Safari Zone for my HMs, grabbing the Rod next door to the Warden's Strength TM, and catching a Water type to use that HM in the pool in their back yard, its time to take on Koga's Gym, and again I wipe out all the trainers in there. My two trainees do a fine job powering through the Koga fight itself, but

AJFCJaVHC5s1ZS2JfJVzB85HTLugj0eEk5t2DowkAJFCJaUM6QaFlqoQQHBbkhCtcXFneFFJVaD9e1m3

I do make a small mistake in not switching so I can get some Exp from his ace Weezing blowing up with Explosion, now its time to fl-

AJFCJaVpRmHdfBZJkz1jT0raZDyEZl-6mbSY8jCV

Right, that was added in Yellow version. Alright I catch a random Doduo to fly back home to Pallet Town, as it is time to go after the next pair of encounters on Cinnabar Island.

AJFCJaXdtMWzPnDwr_8Cf3mLhjtVbUTprJ5LO-9k

I will note that the rules I am using for HMs is that I can only use HM pokemon like this if none of the Pokemon I currently have can use the HM, so SURF over there will be around for a while, but eventually FLY will be replaced with Moltres. I try to skip all the water trainers along the way, but I accidentally run into one thanks to me using speed up, and not paying enough attention.

AJFCJaWaQXkfkNwMUQBHD5Hv-P3qiGJxABnJPgKyAJFCJaU5Zqk5ZVlwarl8ehUiQ2ba73qfP87BQ9qS

That does also add another nice niche to Magmar in that he can use Strength in place of our Charizard, whom is already burdened with Cut. After catching these two I clear out the Pokemon Mansion of trainers, and work through all the trainers in Blaine's Gym, and part way through

AJFCJaWG2fALok5DP7RkoQGGIaHtpzO87toVaPVDAJFCJaV_aeUzP9hRIxVbrKDLBcDb5imkhU4MOYge

Firefox finally learns Flamethrower and can evolve to have stats closer to those of the rest of the team. Well I guess our Ponyta is in a similar boat as Firefox was before, as she evolves at level 40, but she has kinda revealed a secret niche of hers that has proven surprisingly useful so far, as she has a high base speed, and the 30% flinch chance of Stomp to work with.

AJFCJaWT41ynTz5ZGYxUE-smM8xFaB1BM6PU0Ig3AJFCJaUpsNeyP8ifzr20AO5JkzK41gyhnIVlo2VR

And little Sleipnir here struts her stuff with that by finishing off Blaine's Arcanine, the only Pokemon of his that gave me any issue as his moronic AI had him doing silly things like using status moves, and healing at full health with the rest of his Pokemon, but the Arcanine going for repeated Take Downs actually brought me down to just Sleipnir, and Smaug in the back. At this point, none of my pokemon were bad enough to need switch training, so

AJFCJaUTAEp13-i-NbV_tmlIGo749JpbY4-XXqkw

Its time to change styles to Set mode for the rest of the run. Next I take on Silph Co., and I again take out all the trainers there, for three reasons, first they all go away, second there are some major items I want that I am too lazy to look up the location of (most notably the Sword Dance TM for Smaug, a Rare Candy, and some free Stat Boosters), and lastly my Magmar (Muspelheim) is the most behind in levels and their Psychic makes short work of the common poison type pokemon of the Rockets.

AJFCJaWGs5iamxcql9cIXc-9wDi1enZpR9YG6u52AJFCJaVzm4J7FNINgVBQ7OomgROV0Y1im5aHFSkX

And things went so well against the Silph Co rival and Giovanni fight that I have made another decision here that I am done with optional trainers, so that just leaves

AJFCJaXWuIiJyuV-j4_4hgWEBGEMSpAFo90areId

Sabrina, which Hell Hound easily crushes with his high attack powered Body Slams, next is a pair of Gym trainers before facing Giovanni one last time, and while I start with Muspelheim for his Ryhorn, the Dugtrio afterwards goes for Dig, so I take the free switch to Smaug, and then it does for another

AJFCJaUJVF_j3HJjSAZGI1wCXf0BSFbrf0NuYv94AJFCJaVgYET47Chvpp3qe6lTeP1L3S8bJEuVwy29

So I can boost up for free on the goof, which makes it real easy to sweep the rest of him with Super Effective Dig.

AJFCJaUnZzzYLHX5D3CFTxwwgoQZ8NnLh2C-nXyxAJFCJaVRdJduM_EagNcOB3-xMb9FdbH2QZPv9J8U

Sadly enough, I think the other versions of this fight might be harder, with Blastoise replaced with Gyrados, but said Blastoise did manage to one shot one of my Pokemon with Hydropump. Continuing onto Victory Road, I do end up fighting one of the trainers there for some random loot, and we get our last member

AJFCJaUXaQQEu47afKJPz16aLZedmzl2Wfsds3-s

With the classic Master Ball play, and I am stopping before the Elite Four, so I might as well show the team

AJFCJaUe6dwiFBh-qlyKyyTaNbFWJGkNV23rRpugAJFCJaWKxX3UUXcpu6Qj0KDTNje4rYWiMtjGyZyv

Firefox, whose main claim to fame is being the only Pokemon with Flamethrower, which makes her one of the better Special Attackers of the team.

AJFCJaUoEhg6ZWxw9lJzAei4RdzPwbeHuqsY8R7nAJFCJaWyU4ruuWo2RjpB1oeu4gR4fxQAzM9J_c3h

Little Sleipnir here just barely reached evolution, and now that she is fully evolved, I think I sold her a little short in my analysis before, as that high speed, and both the trapping move Fire Spin, and the 30% flinch chance Stomp makes her a nice little disruptive Pokemon.

AJFCJaX6JlFxItSBSSNwitqas3sblioHU2gCYyzWAJFCJaX5fArrlj1bBjEypk0i2PZYdqaMebxxkJiw

Smaug is still the highest leveled of my trained Pokemon, and he has barely leveled since Rock Tunnel. Swords Dance and 100 pow Dig are a potent combo, although Ember still being the only Special move available to him, and having only Cut to hit flying mons physically are a limitation on the guy, but he has a lot going for him than most despite that.

AJFCJaXj86Q20G5WAdze04m1HLE-Ib4qE2vMJMP0AJFCJaWZzWExZIJq0jqNynP2XD0HnZmIPP9N_0iU

Hell Hound is a beast, that 130 Attack is the highest stat of any of my trained Pokemon, and it makes for a potent Body Slam. Poor guy has nothing to it Ghosts, but the hard hitting Body Slam have done well against the otherwise dangerous Psychic types so far, so not too many complaint.

AJFCJaW2IjmznXV9WJAByQ_HRCJ1rv0Ib2LUkEkUAJFCJaV4_UB3niHZtyJ5KVQ7h7VVtQ_KYrVS-5aX

Muspelheim's claim to fame is their exclusive access to a non-Fire type Special move with Psychic, and even Strength has some uses in making a bit of a mixed attacker for when I need that.

AJFCJaUAp5qMNga4_pbQi3diyPpRSn--FBA2NvpLAJFCJaVNEcJLkc4AM4L8SlDE26grqj9lekdfupqM

Last but not least, the freshly caught Pheonix (which I only now realized I mispelled...opps), who has the advatage of started roughly 10 levels above everyone else, and the stats of a legendary, but is also stuck with a fairly garbage movepool at best.

I am stopping here as I am anticipating the Elite Four and Champion to be a bit of a stumbling block for me, and I have a few TM decisions to make. The big ones are Mimic, which is a surprising good TM for the late game in Generation 1 (probably should have made that decision before the Victory Road Rival fight), the classic stall move of Toxic, possibly adding Submission to someone for coverage (as it is some of the only coverage many of the Pokemon get, and is even buyable), and possibly adding Reflect to some of these Pokemon (oddly enough all of them but Muspelheim have access to Reflect, but none of them can get its special counterpart Light Screen). I do also still have 10 Rare Candies stored up to make any grinding breaks easier, and while I missed out on the trainers in Sabrina and Giovanni's Gyms, there are plenty of routes I haven't touched for trainer grinding if need be, but I want to give them a few tries at the current levels first to see how they do. Who knows, maybe Lorelei and Lance wont be the brick walls I expect them to be for this team.

Short review of Assassin's Creed 2 if you're in to that

Spoiler

One of the problems with creating a fictional narrative surrounding historical events is that you have to take the time compression into account, which I something I feel AC 2 does rather poorly. See, the entire story takes place around 24 years, Ezio starts the story at 17 and ends in his late 30s and yet his character remains entirely static after the first two years of the story. It's the kind of thing that makes you forget that he has been doing this for that long and sort of disconnects you from what was already a weak emotional core.

It's hard to even call AC 2 a "narrative" when it's a lot more like just a series of events in Ezio's life that are not entirely connected in an emotional or meaningful way. The plot is essentially that after Ezio's father and brothers were killed he takes up his father's job of hunting down the people that were responsible for his death, and that sounds like a simple revenge plot but throughout the entire story Ezio's feels so disconnected from the work his doing that you can and will forget that he's doing this for anything more than just ticking a box.

Every scene is treated more or less as a means to an end rather than exploring Ezio as a character to the point where even after playing through a whole 20 or more years of his life I can't really tell you anything about him as a character beyond him being a charismatic badass.

There are some absurd timeskips which are just really funny, my favorite of which being near the end of the game where it skips a whole fucking ten years just to account for the fact that a certain target of his in Florence was in power for that long in real life.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh don't tell me you have a bandwidth limit...

...Wait, that's not normal?