• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I do plan to play them in order, but even if not, years here means that ship long sailed. lol

Haha I suppose.

But yeah, Future Redeemed just spoils pretty much the whole trilogy, despite being a prequel story.

ECcgmWpv_o.png

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH

Corrin get your ass out of the way of the gore, I want to see the shithead bleed.

Fucking

finally.

Lindon was the MVP, but the real hero was Zelkov tanking that chokepoint with his shielding arts for 30 turns. Actually took a lot less time than I thought it would, thank God.

Stupid fucking Marni.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I do plan to play them in order, but even if not, years here means that ship long sailed. lol

I actually don't know that much, despite having been here a while as well and having opened all the spoiler boxes ever regarding Xenoblade. 99% of the time it's memes about Rex's thirty children, so that's about the only spoiler I know.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, you might not like TDatP then.

It's okay. I can pick up her alternate equivalent and throw her at some wolfknight or other so she can suffer death by a thousand cuts. Or something.

Jesus right now I'm just happy to be done.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ECcgmWpv_o.png

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH

Corrin get your ass out of the way of the gore, I want to see the shithead bleed.

Fucking

finally.

Lindon was the MVP, but the real hero was Zelkov tanking that chokepoint with his shielding arts for 30 turns. Actually took a lot less time than I thought it would, thank God.

Stupid fucking Marni.

But she has such meaningful characterization and her death would be both tragic and poetic!

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fucking

finally.

Stupid fucking Marni.

Finally the funny run can continue, after that bout of misery.

And now I'm sad because it's all over. Always happens with when I really like something, I'll miss these characters.

Almost could say it's a once in a lifetime experience.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I seem to remember that jarring timejump as the bait for a bunch of DLC that was supposed to take place in those missing years, but overall I think you are right, Ezio's story has no real sense of time to it.

What's really funny is that the jarring timeskip is still there: Ezio basically does nothing between 1488 and 1497.

image.png

Future Redeemed Ch.4 and general Xenoblade 3 stuff

Spoiler

I love how Alpha embodies the opposite extreme of Moebius.

Alpha: wants only the new, the past does not matter at all and should be wiped away

Z: why change? The new stuff doesn't matter, keep things the way they are.

Ouroboros and the end goal of Xenoblade 3 was to move towards the future while acknowledging the past.

It's peak.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, that's... a strategy alright. XD

It's what Axel/Lamia tried, but it'd actually work this time.😄

...And sometimes, planning is more fun than playing video games (and so can be talking about video games). I haven't played any vidya gaims so far today, yet I've already jotted down my final team ideas for my second and third and fourth J runs.😆:

Spoiler

2nd playthrough- Suuuper Roboto!:

1. Granteed Dracodeus
  2. Great Zeorymer
  3. Mazinkaiser
  4. Great Mazinger (with Boss as the pilot)
  5. Million A
  6. Eternal
  7. Voltes V
  8. Combattler V
  9. Final Dancouga
  10. God Gundam
  11. Gundam Maxter
  12. Gundam Rose
  13. Dragon Gundam
  14. Bolt Gundam
  15. Venus A or Rising Gundam?
    • This all-tanking team would like the extra Repair unit. -Maybe swap out the Eternal (which thematically doesn’t fit) to be able to field both? Million A is more than enough Resupply given my EN stinginess and the battleships exist.

I'm concerned going all Super would undermine the outstanding beauty of the Great Zeorymer shall hopefully possess. It might like having puny Real scrubs around it to enhance its purported majesty. And as this could very well be the only run where I get it, I want Heavenly King Zeorymer the Greatest to radiate its light throughout the universe.🌅

3rd playthrough- Full Brain Brigandi!:

1. Bellzelute Brigandi (Touya, to pop him in a Ranged-Real for a change, OGverse canon be darned.)
  2. Yuu/Nelly Brain
  3. Hime Brain
  4. Nanga Brain
  5. Lasse Brain
  6. Kanan Brain
  7. Higgins Brain
  8. Nakki Brain
  9. Kant Brain
  10. Baronz
  11. Ikki Baronz
    • The extremely late join time of the two Baronz means I would need something else to fill in for most of the game. No idea what though.
  12. M9 Gernsback (Melissa)
  13. M9 Gernsback (Kurz)
  14. ARX-7 Arbalest
  15. Tuatha De Danaan …No idea. Nobody truly fits in. Zeorymer/Mazinkaiser/Million A/Eternal/Blue Earth because bias?
    • I don’t really need Repair and Resupply all that much with everyone a dodgetank. And the Brains pack HP & EN Regen S too. Dragon Gundam would technically be valuable for bosses in one viewpoint b/c everyone fragile, but from another not at all since nothing should hit. Only the battleships would be in danger of serious damage accumulation, and the Archangel has Guts while the Nadesico has Vigor.

Heheheh, I overwhelm the enemy with an unending barrage of chakra lasers and a few solid bullets. While it is certainly the case that some units have more firepower than others, the gulf isn't quite as big as I thought it was at first. It might take longer to kill things with this setup, but it wouldn't be forever, and few bosses have the evil of HP Regen in J. I could skip on HP upgrades and funnel that cash into a few weapon upgrades to compensate too.

4th playthrough- SPT-SEED-Tekkaman.:

1. Vorlent/Raftclans (Calvina. From melee-evasive to ranged-tank.)
  2. Tekkaman Blade
  3. Tekkaman Rapier
  4. Blue Earth
  5. Sol Tekkaman Unit 1
  6. Sol Tekkaman Unit 2
  7. Layzner Mk. II
  8. Buldy
  9. Baybull (I haven’t checked to see how strong the SPT combination attack is.)
  10. Freedom Gundam + Meteor
  11. Justice Gundam + Meteor
  12. Strike Rouge IWSP (Questionable.)
  13. Duel Gundam AS
  14. Buster Gundam
  15. Eternal

…I was considering making the fourth run a “Techy Mechs” one, but I don’t have the room for for it. Considering how uselessly late and without fanfare Yzak joins, squeeze in the Zeorymer instead? Cagalli and Dearka have availability issues too and not much firepower, and so could perhaps replaced by some Distortion Field-loving Aestivalises (and Asimov would temporarily be filled in by an Aesti)? The Vorlent joins with the Orgone Cloud, unlike every other Original starting unit. Distortion Field, Phase Shift Armor, Dimensional Coupler System, all blends together? -But then I'm leaving out the Chakra Shield of the Brains if you want to go with a barrier theme -although that is organic technology, not “metal “techy””. I'm also leaving out the Lambda Driver too and the FMP would fit a "techy" theme, but the Arbalest by itself would be too weak so, Bonta-kun time?.

All of these runs would be done on fresh files. Since J could easily go from easy to utterly broken otherwise.

And, the final teams would be just a guideline for much of the game, due to availability issues and forced deployments. Plus the occasional, "I feel it's thematic" mood of mine.😏 Perhaps the fourth playthrough should be "always thematic" outside of the final team, if it's the Jovians on the day's menu, then all the Aesti would be deployed. I wouldn't mind bending my rules a little to avoid things like having to field the Shining/Maxter/Bolt a bunch, since its not until they go off training that these G Gundams become stop being weaklings.

Some story route choices don't always align either. Brain + FMP requires I miss one license's first encounter.  As FMP's story concludes in the midgame, isn't as grandiose, and has fewer units, I'd pick Archangel for the Brains.

...I probably felt compelled to write out all of these now, because otherwise the idea of sticking to a handful of units with no rotations for an entire SRW sounded too restrictive for my likings.😆 Knowing I'd use completely different people on a following run made it feel better. -I didn't use a theme for the J first run and kept things mixed b/c it was the natural thing to do and I was playing blind and wanted to use whatever I wanted.

I'm weird.🤣

And a thought I had in the process of thinking of that. While, personally, the Coustwell is “factually a Real, yet feels like a Super aesthetically”, the Vorlent & Raftclans are the opposite for me. It’s objectively Super, but something about it has the stylistic sleekness, the “realness” of a Real. Like, if you hypothetically spun the Raftclans as a radical offshoot of the Huckebein line, I would able to believe it (it did dabble in Supers with the Mk. III Boxer, which is described in OGs as conceptually a mini, more efficient SRX). Although Orgone Sword F Mode is CHESTO!/10, Orgone Rifle F Mode feels like it fits the Raftclans the best.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And sometimes, planning is more fun than playing video games (and so can be talking about video games). I haven't played any vidya gaims so far today, yet I've already jotted down my final team ideas for my second and third and fourth J runs.😆:

I'm weird.🤣

Hmm, I see. Let's see...

For Run 2, yeah, I'd agree to remove the Eternal to have an entire Super team.

For Run 3, I'd put the Eternal on the last slot. As for who to use before you get the Baronz... no idea. Maybe just in case do make use of Repair/Resuppliers?

For Run 4, since you are using SPT's, then give the Greim/Bloody Kaiser a try?

too tired to even play fuck me

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

FupzB-oagAAp80S?format=jpg&name=large

This is the greatest game of all time.

Spoiler

Have a great grandpa as cool as rex

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ECcgmWpv_o.png

joooooooooooooooooo

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH

oh

oh my

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

But she has such meaningful characterization and her death would be both tragic and poetic!

Her death will be the most satisfying demise to watch since Elise's Siegfrieding, and I will enjoy every second of it.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Finally the funny run can continue, after that bout of misery.

Had me worried for a moment there, but it appears the legacy of Vandad lives on.

33 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

joooooooooooooooooo

It's finally over.

33 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

oh

oh my

Don't even. The only physical contact I want to perform with the little snot-nose is that of my fist into her nose, through her skull and straight at the wall behind. And then my hand will break and I will regret nothing.

5 minutes ago, Wartortle94 said:

So have you guys seen Samurai Champloo? I've been watching it and it's so good🦊

I don't believe I've ever heard of that, no. What's it about?

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The only physical contact I want to perform with the little snot-nose is that of my fist into her nose, through her skull and straight at the wall behind. And then my hand will break and I will regret nothing.

tags: guro, bdsm

Lh7rRpm.jpg

Loaded up DA:O again after 6 weeks or so and... Wynne is now officially a dragonslayer. Good job, old-woman-who's-actually-not-even-50.

(Rogue MC went from "holy shit, backstab damage is so satisfying" to "welp, she dead" in approximately 2.6 seconds)
(I'm very proud of myself for loading up a 6-weeks-old save despite my chronic restarteritis)

It's been a good day. I beat chapter 19, recruited Saphir, beat up a horrible child, and I even got the next game I'm gonna play up and running!

i0yuoeyD_o.png

There's still a couple kinks to iron out with the config, but I should be ready to play this when the time comes.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

tags: guro, bdsm

tags: shut, the, fuck, up

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't believe I've ever heard of that, no. What's it about?

It's about a girl named Fuu and two samurai(Mugen and Jin). They go on a journey to find "the samurai who smells like sunflowers".🦊 it's really funny

20 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

And some people just like to revel in despair

well written despair

But you know, hey

20 hours ago, Benice said:

Nothing happens for the middle 90 pages either.

That’s not true, you get exposed to Orwell’s intense sexism a bit more than in the beginning, and in different ways. That’s something.

20 hours ago, Benice said:

...The last thirty pages are pretty interesting, though.

So I’m actually reading the book and not quite there yet. I may have been spoiled on the ending? If the thing is indeed the ending, then it is pretty interesting.

Man, it always feels like you have way too many bond fragments until you start dishing out some skills. Burn through 'em pretty fast when you need a few level 18 skills.

But it's okay. Vandad now has Lunar Brace. The well feels kind of cheap with the sheer amount of SP you can get off of it, but fuck it, fun > elitism. Vandad gets doubled and killed by everything, might as well throw my entire stockpile of scrolls at him so he can punch things more funnily.

Actually I should probably get him Hold Out for maximum memes, Wrath hasn't been of much use when the poor guy can't live though a round of combat to trigger it.