Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or maybe you will one day see the light, old man. I recommend reading Lindon supports to get there faster.

Let’s see, subsist on a diet of mediocrity or read Charles Beaumont and Harlan Ellison. Decisions, decisions…

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, looking back to my "Emblems gain physical bodies" fanfic, I wonder what would they be up to, once Sombron is defeated. Could be fun to think on scenarios. Perhaps even to write them as one-shots of their own.

Future Redeemed sidequest spoiler, decently big (not mine but I'm assuming Ch.4)

Spoiler

20230427_150758.jpg

20230427_150801.jpg

FUCK OFF LMAOOOOOOO IT WAS STARING AT US IN THE FACE

RIKU IS ONE OF RIKI'S SONS LMAOOOOOOOOO

AND HE LITERALLY WON'T TELL YOU THIS UNLESS YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY BRUHHHHHHHH

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

must say, without context I can't for the life of me figure out where the NTR is at. From just these lines it seems like the redhead woman (MJ, I'm assuming?) got kidnapped by some supervillain and Black Cat rescued her with the power of her massive eyebrows, while... Peter? sat home with the kids. It's not Peter, is it. Is that the problem? It's not Peter?

Yeah that's not Peter, that's some guy named Paul, a character that I have never seen this universally despised.

This whole thing goes way back. You see, a few decades ago, Peter actually was married to MJ. They even had a daughter, Mayday Parker (who will appear in the upcoming Spider-Verse movie). But the editorials at the time (and today too) felt that Peter growing up and being married made him less relatable. They wanted to undo that. And so they wrote the One More Day storyline, where Aunt May gets shot and Peter makes a deal with Mephisto a.k.a literally just the devil that, in exchange for saving Aunt May's life, Peter's entire life with MJ and his daughter is just wiped clean. Literally, time and space just bend so that Peter never married MJ. MJ doesn't remember him, Mayday ceases to exist. And thus, the infamous legacy of One More Day was put into place, one that the editorials still feels was the best thing ever because "now Peter is single and he's relatable again".

The current run of the mainline comics is the culmination of all this. MJ getting with a wojack looking dude and having his kids because she was sent to an alt dimension where time goes by faster.

The only place for Peter/MJ content that's actually meaningful is pretty much in other media. The shows, games, movies. There also exist separate one-off comics that do have a married Peter and MJ, along with a daughter (not Mayday tho, I think they called her Ann).

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But the editorials at the time (and today too) felt that Peter growing up and being married made him less relatable.

Ranting incels strike again?😛 Perhaps with a measure of ageism on par with the ridiculous anime standards? (Although, I am vaguely aware that 🕷️ was kinda unique at the time of his original creation for being an ordinary imperfect teen.)

Lauren, my beloved...

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wait I got character development, since when?

You got over a breakup, doesn't that count?

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They even had a daughter, Mayday Parker

Mayday is from an alternate continuity, not from 616 universe.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Please don't tell me that is part of your character development.

Come now. In about two chapters I'll be right back to relishing in the butchering of pink girls.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Let’s see, subsist on a diet of mediocrity or read Charles Beaumont and Harlan Ellison. Decisions, decisions…

Lindon time, Wraith.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Future Redeemed sidequest spoiler, decently big (not mine but I'm assuming Ch.4)

Hide contents

20230427_150758.jpg

20230427_150801.jpg

FUCK OFF LMAOOOOOOO IT WAS STARING AT US IN THE FACE

RIKU IS ONE OF RIKI'S SONS LMAOOOOOOOOO

AND HE LITERALLY WON'T TELL YOU THIS UNLESS YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY BRUHHHHHHHH

Spoiler

Eh, I'm not going to judge Rex's tastes

Yeah that's not Peter, that's some guy named Paul, a character that I have never seen this universally despised.

Ah yes, my favorite Marvel Universe character: Paul.

This whole thing goes way back. You see, a few decades ago, Peter actually was married to MJ. They even had a daughter, Mayday Parker (who will appear in the upcoming Spider-Verse movie). But the editorials at the time (and today too) felt that Peter growing up and being married made him less relatable. They wanted to undo that. And so they wrote the One More Day storyline, where Aunt May gets shot and Peter makes a deal with Mephisto a.k.a literally just the devil that, in exchange for saving Aunt May's life, Peter's entire life with MJ and his daughter is just wiped clean. Literally, time and space just bend so that Peter never married MJ. MJ doesn't remember him, Mayday ceases to exist. And thus, the infamous legacy of One More Day was put into place, one that the editorials still feels was the best thing ever because "now Peter is single and he's relatable again".

The current run of the mainline comics is the culmination of all this. MJ getting with a wojack looking dude and having his kids because she was sent to an alt dimension where time goes by faster.

The only place for Peter/MJ content that's actually meaningful is pretty much in other media. The shows, games, movies. There also exist separate one-off comics that do have a married Peter and MJ, along with a daughter (not Mayday tho, I think they called her Ann).

You know, none of this would be a problem if these big comic honchos did not insist on dragging out the same characters and stories for hundreds of years.

Poor Paul, though. Imagine falling in love with a girl and marrying her, and then it turns out she was already taken in an alternate timeline that got erased. And then an angry mob lynches you. Being Paul is suffering. I say we demand a comic where Paul learns the truth and valiantly sacrifices himself to restore the timeline, in a selfless moment that solidifies him as one of the most admirable characters in Marvel continuity.

@Saint Rubenio hey Ruben guess what

20230427_154929.jpg

smile, you're in Xenoblade.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, I am vaguely aware that 🕷️ was kinda unique at the time of his original creation for being an ordinary imperfect teen.)

Yeah cause back then his character was usually reserved for the sidekicks. Your Robins and shit.

Speaking of DC, I hear they similarly thought Clark Kent getting married to Lois Lane would make him less relatable. They eventually realized that that's dumb as shit.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So that's where No Way Home got it from...

Conceptually, though it's just memory erasure there. The stakes were also way bigger than "Aunt May got shot".

10 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

is from an alternate continuity, not from 616 universe.

Ah.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

Eh, I'm not going to judge Rex's tastes

Spoiler

Rex has nothing to do with that tho.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

say we demand a comic where Paul learns the truth and valiantly sacrifices himself to restore the timeline, in a selfless moment that solidifies him as one of the most admirable characters in Marvel continuity.

People are coping that he's just the devil in disguise lol.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio hey Ruben guess what

20230427_154929.jpg

smile, you're in Xenoblade.

I literally made the Harold meme face.

5616.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

Like, literally.

My only question now is, why do I look like Frankenstein's monster?

Reveal hidden contents

Rex has nothing to do with that tho.

Spoiler

Are we sure of that? We don't know who the dad was, and given Rex's track record, he seems like the most plausible candidate...

That'd be funny too. He'd be like, Marvel's answer to Yellow Flash (Waflash?). "It was me, Peter. I was the one who married your wife when the timeline got erased."

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My only question now is, why do I look like Frankenstein's monster?

Half machine.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

Are we sure of that? We don't know who the dad was, and given Rex's track record, he seems like the most plausible candidate...

Spoiler

I literally just said his dad was Riki. You probably don't know who that is but it's a guy from Xenoblade 1.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yellow Flash (Waflash?

Reverse-Flash.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nothing but a hound dog, must return to sender, then?

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

I literally just said his dad was Riki. You probably don't know who that is but it's a guy from Xenoblade 1.

Spoiler

So the mother, then?

Ivy, the S support is two conversations away, you can't be saying things like that to Garon yet.

Also, did Goldmary seriously just say "I must destroy you utterly" to Saphir? Saphir outright dwarves her in the cutscene, she looks like a kid holding water balloons next to her. Old hag would break her in twain like a twig if she wanted-- Oh she meant as a cook. She's still going to get broken in twain like a twig.

In any case, I just read Ivy and Zelkov's A, and...

Spoiler

It was cute, but I'm... still kind of confused? I don't really get why they were so hostile towards each other at the start lol

Just now, Armagon said:

Half machine.

I see.

Anything else? Do I say anything interesting? Anything about plates?

Just now, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Wait

His dad is Riki?

I googled Riki and I got the impression that it was a girl lol

Rex is probably still involved

Just now, Armagon said:

Reverse-Flash.

Warry, yes.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ivy, the S support is two conversations away, you can't be saying things like that to Garon yet.

Their B support, right? XD

Fun fact, the clarification afterwards does not exist in the Japanese script.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In any case, I just read Ivy and Zelkov's A, and...

Hide contents

It was cute, but I'm... still kind of confused? I don't really get why they were so hostile towards each other at the start lol

Spoiler

It stems from Ivy's trust issues due to her upbringing. She's like that with both her retainers, and how they react to that is meant to mirror each other.

Kagetsu takes it in stride and goes "well, then I'll make you trust/like me" and doubles down on the cheery friendly attitude. Meanwhile, Zelkov goes "well, then I'll *respond* in kind", so he also beings to act aloof, professional, and cold towards her. So while both support chains are about Ivy opening up to them, how it happens is the opposite. With Kagetsu, it's him who takes big strides (going on an unasked speech about his hometown), while with Zelkov, it's her who takes tentative steps (the gift of the paintbrush).

Now, considering how long Zelkov has been her retainer, you'd think this would've happened much sooner, but I guess it was only after she left Elusia that she allowed herself to try.

Lindon just got his Bouch C support by critting the guy to death, and it got me thinking...

Spoiler

We know absolutely nothing about Hyacinth's brother, do we? Just that he was Hyacinth's brother, that Hyacinth somehow took the crown in his place and that he ragequit the castle after that, never to be seen again.

That's actually hilarious. Lindon's supposed to be his retainer, but he has more to say about Hyacinth than him. What even was the point of having this mysterious brother exist? Lindon might as well have been Hyacinth's retainer directly. This would even have been a nice opportunity to introduce him earlier, Saphir style, so he doesn't come out of nowhere.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Their B support, right? XD

Eyup.

Fun fact, the clarification afterwards does not exist in the Japanese script.

Ahh, good ol' Treehouse.

lol it just occured to me, maybe Treehouse invented Hyacinth's mysterious brother too

Hide contents

It stems from Ivy's trust issues due to her upbringing. She's like that with both her retainers, and how they react to that is meant to mirror each other.

Kagetsu takes it in stride and goes "well, then I'll make you trust/like me" and doubles down on the cheery friendly attitude. Meanwhile, Zelkov goes "well, then I'll *respond* in kind", so he also beings to act aloof, professional, and cold towards her. So while both support chains are about Ivy opening up to them, how it happens is the opposite. With Kagetsu, it's him who takes big strides (going on an unasked speech about his hometown), while with Zelkov, it's her who takes tentative steps (the gift of the paintbrush).

Now, considering how long Zelkov has been her retainer, you'd think this would've happened much sooner, but I guess it was only after she left Elusia that she allowed herself to try.

Spoiler

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I get it. I probably would've needed to read more of Ivy's supports to really get the picture, but I see where they were going with this now.

No no see, it makes perfect sense. Ivy has actually suffered from that nasty headache for years. It made her grumpy. It wasn't until Zelkov cured it with his Distilled Solitude that her mood turned bright and she decided to make amends at last

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lindon just got his Bouch C support by critting the guy to death, and it got me thinking...

Hide contents

We know absolutely nothing about Hyacinth's brother, do we? Just that he was Hyacinth's brother, that Hyacinth somehow took the crown in his place and that he ragequit the castle after that, never to be seen again.

That's actually hilarious. Lindon's supposed to be his retainer, but he has more to say about Hyacinth than him. What even was the point of having this mysterious brother exist? Lindon might as well have been Hyacinth's retainer directly. This would even have been a nice opportunity to introduce him earlier, Saphir style, so he doesn't come out of nowhere.

Spoiler

Well, it's possible he was the one who ordered the attacks on Brodia 30 years ago, as per Saphir and Lindon's supports.

Eyup.

Ahh, good ol' Treehouse.

lol it just occured to me, maybe Treehouse invented Hyacinth's mysterious brother too

We just can't get rid of them, can we...

Hide contents

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I get it. I probably would've needed to read more of Ivy's supports to really get the picture, but I see where they were going with this now.

No no see, it makes perfect sense. Ivy has actually suffered from that nasty headache for years. It made her grumpy. It wasn't until Zelkov cured it with his Distilled Solitude that her mood turned bright and she decided to make amends at last

Spoiler

Or rather, she didn't, hence there was nothing to make her repay the favor?

Or maybe it took until his supports with Jean to make that medicine?

Champ!

HbugKsg.png

Lorelei got soloed by Pepper (mostly w/ Thunderbolt)

dv0iVlJ.png

lol Bruno

y6sJlhV.png

Agatha's Gengar are faster than Sagan, so she was quite annoying (especially with Dig having two chances to fail due to confusion). Still managed to get past her, even without anyone getting KO'ed.

MO9WcYQ.pngoiKvxFv.png

Lance did manage one KO, but nothing more. I do wonder how much damage Yoomtah's Blizzard would've done without a crit.

jS0DLM0.png

Buttface's Blastoise was admittedly kinda strong - non-STAB Thunderbolts from a middling SPECIAL stat don't do a ton of damage to it, and it was able to take out three Pokemon before Sagan got the last hit in. But since I like the Squirtle line, I'm quite fine with it performing well.

The team:

RRhvdNE.png

[Tri Attack | Thunderbolt | Ice Beam | Psychic]

Quite good overall. The nice part about the entire movepool coming from TMs is that Pepper could evolve almost immediately (she had Sing in her move set for a while, but she was only one level away from it when caught).

oRfNoKb.png

[Body Slam | Fire Blast | Blizzard | Sing]

Probably the weakest of the four. It's kinda sad that even his attack is a little lower than Pepper's, and I didn't really make much use of his sleep ability, so he didn't really do a whole lot that the others couldn't have done better.

lO8mRzl.png

[Drill Peck | Mirror Move | Hyper Beam | Swift]

Solid. Didn't use him all that much against the Elite 4 (mostly against Bruno's Fighting Pokemon), but that was because by random choice, not because Toriyama didn't have the ability.

(Higher SPECIAL than Yoomtah, oof)

1LKMKKk.png

[Body Slam | Quick Attack | BubbleBeam | Dig]

Better than I expected. Very frail, but Sagan hit quite hard and the coverage provided by Dig was quite useful. Heck, the coverage provided by BubbleBeam was useful, at least until I got the Ice Beam TM. And even then, one-shotting Onix and two-shotting Rhydon without using precious Ice Beam or Blizzard PP has value in itself.

(Higher SPECIAL than Yoomtah, big oof. Realistically, more like same-ish SPECIAL, but still)

--

Add to that DUX the Farfetch'd and Twiggy the Snorlax for all our HM needs and that's six Pokemon I brought to the Indigo Plateau. Neither had to see any combat, or rather had to be sacrificed in order to get a turn of healing, which is nice.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Well, it's possible he was the one who ordered the attacks on Brodia 30 years ago, as per Saphir and Lindon's supports.

Spoiler

Ohhh

I'd not even thought about that. That adds up so well, actually. Hyacinth's described as a gentle, kind man before falling under Sombron's random mind control. Which kinda runs counter to being a warmonger, unless the warmonger was his brother. Maybe even was dethroned for that reason.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Or rather, she didn't, hence there was nothing to make her repay the favor?

Or maybe it took until his supports with Jean to make that medicine?

Spoiler

Either way, headache medicine cured more than just the pain. Zelkov's mom was a genius.

I loved the nod to the Jean support. It was so cute watching him gush about his mom.

AHAHAHAHAHA

pGRL0jdX_o.png

Oh, but that's so sad. I kinda don't wanna do it, guys. I kinda wanna see what this map plays like on Maddening when you don't... well, do this.

Eh, I'll have time to decide. It's far too late to be playing Griss's Funhouse.

z5dJ5Ff.png

How should i tell him?

(someone i know started XBC1)

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's Elise. Of all people. I killed everyone, except for Elise.

Ü

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, but that's so sad. I kinda don't wanna do it, guys. I kinda wanna see what this map plays like on Maddening when you don't... well, do this.

tbf the game makes it quite easy to do it

Don't worry, I'm in the usual scene that happens whenever I play a new video game where my enjoyment of it starts off slow but then rapidly accelerates as I progress.

...And then just burns out right before I'm about to beat it, but lest hope that doesn't happen here.

cqDx8VD.jpg

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DjKhAqx.jpg

Damn you guys can swim with one arm and carry a huge heavy metal thing on your back?

o8QBJCB.jpg

Okay I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to put clothes on Shulk because I cannot take this game seriously with him naked.

G2B7KlY.jpg

I'm already fearing the horrors of *AI teammates not doing the thing I want them to do*

cgIyYVM.jpg

I'm so good at this game.

uCRp6aJ.jpg

Since I can barely tell the visual difference between these two characters from a quick glance, expect me to hit the wrong button a lot.

us0I808.jpg

So for a moment I thought since Shulk didn't have any parents that there would be no parental death scene or at least if there was it was going to be Dunban.

How naive I was to not immediately realize that they were going to throw their token female love interest into the lions the minute Shulk needed some motivation.

31bMiAv.jpgghTxR6z.jpg

Virgin "man up and don't cry" scenes versus chad "force your characters through traumatic experiences and show them feeling every single painful twist and turn of them"

qfAUjLp.jpg

Dammit it all! I thought I was free of revenge plots!

remF16A.jpg

"The writers'

FR ch.3

Spoiler

So Rex is the tough love kinda dad eh

Then again Glimmer absolutely deserved it, if not more.

And she's absolutely a Mythra lmao

Also Nikol crushing on her hard kek

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-