Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Speedy Swoosh for QT PI is THAT broken, it breaks on all 3 hits, making him and ungodly broken breaker. 

yeah then someone else can topple (usually Rex Rex) and then switch to other Poppi for Launch

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yeah then someone else can topple (usually Rex Rex) and then switch to other Poppi for Launch

Yeah but then he might not want to switch back to QT PI, which you want him using. (Unless you are controlling him, then this doesnt matter as much).

10 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Poppi Alpha is... Not great overall.

Poppi Alpha is there for Blade combos more than anything XD

But Maid Poppi and Hottest Poppi are both great, and i had no Problems with Ai controlling Tora so far.

Although i like to control Tora as well, Poppi is really fun to use

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, then how are they three maps instead of just one map divided into three regions?

Well going off the game UI. On the map screen, there's toggles for the sky, surface and depths and each one is filled in independently. And also just......the sheer scale of it.

Compare it to Xenoblade X, for instance, in which there's just one map you can scroll around in. 

Just now, Armagon said:

Well going off the game UI. On the map screen, there's toggles for the sky, surface and depths and each one is filled in independently. And also just......the sheer scale of it.

Compare it to Xenoblade X, for instance, in which there's just one map you can scroll around in. 

I mean, it being the UI doesn't say much since the UI itself can be segmented, if it's not affecting the game map itself.

There's merit about the scale, but that still sounds like it's just the one map.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it being the UI doesn't say much since the UI itself can be segmented, if it's not affecting the game map itself.

There's merit about the scale, but that still sounds like it's just the one map.

I'd say it's specifically the verticality of it. Xenoblade X lets you fly but the places that can only be reached by flying are relatively close to the ground.

And, well, there aren't really any open-world games that let you go that high to begin with. Minecraft, I guess? But the Netherworld and whatever other dimension they have are accessed through loading screens.

So there's Xenoblade X, which lets you fly but most of the high places are on the ground anyways and it's just you can't jump that high so you need the Flight Module and Minecraft, in which you could in theory stock blocks below you making a makeshift Tower of Bable but there's still other areas that you cannot seamlessly enter.

-New opening trailer.

Unexpected, it didn't feel like the game deserved it yet. Faster than I think suited for RF. Nonetheless, I like it. Inexplicably, when it was over, I was laughing to the point I couldn't breathe.🤣 I was struggling for a half-minute to regain normal respiration functions, not exactly a good glitch in the old bio-software to experience.😅

So I can buy Greenifer now, with this I can go crazy with the farming. It's looking like level 6 is as high as crops can go without added nutrients. At 3k for per single-square unit, fertilizer sure ain't cheap. I'll take this money sink, means I won't have to try being poor so much now if I have to constantly buy Greenifer. And if that doesn't burn enough cash, well there's always those 50k works-for-a-day vaccines the clinic provides Norad mustn't have healthcare.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>takes nap

>wakes up after midnight

Rip

If only it were possible to instantaneously warp around the globe. You could possibly stop being a night owl, if only you could always be wherever it was bright outside when you most alert/energetic. Perhaps, unless the darkness itself draws out thy energy.🤔

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps, unless the darkness itself draws out thy energy.🤔

That's what I feel when I end up writing my fanfics at night...

With Tears of the Kingdom coming out, my attention to Atelier Ryza 3 will be sidetracked yet again.

But no see, this is good. I've said in the past that i hate finishing Atelier games because i don't want the good vibes to end. So i'll just keep myself distracted. That way, the good vibes never end.

latest.png?width=1100&height=618

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Poppi Alpha is there for Blade combos more than anything XD

But Maid Poppi and Hottest Poppi are both great, and i had no Problems with Ai controlling Tora so far.

Although i like to control Tora as well, Poppi is really fun to use

Her arts just arent that impressive. 

Yeah he does a fine job, but he cant make as many mistakes if he has no other options to switch to. Xd

The only Blade better than Corvin is QT PI, so that should tell you just how insane she is. (Admittidly without buying the ether crystals does require investment).

Bro that TotK opening sequence goes hard, ok I have to go to bed now lol. The irony of midnight releases is that I don't get to play it much.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps, unless the darkness itself draws out thy energy

Maybe i was the Vampire i was searching for all along

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

But Lumera was friends with Sommie, surely that counts for something. Lumera should get her own game, featuring Sommie as her sidekick.

You mean, Sommie should get his own game, featuring Lumera as his sidekick.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean the electric conduction thing was already a thing in BotW. You out in the field and it starts thunder storming, you have to remove your metal equipment or you get fried.

Ah, I see. That's cool.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I feel like the reason it might be $70 is because it's doing something no other triple AAA game has done yet. You see, the open world games we've gotten all have seamless maps. No loading screens. Xenoblade X, Skyrim, Elden Ring, you name it. Non-open world games can also do it, Future Redeemed, Atelier Ryza 3 and in really linear cases, games like Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart and Portal.

But those seamless worlds are all restricted to one map. A map divided into different regions but a map regardless. Xenoblade X is one map, Elden Ring is one map. In the case of Atelier Ryza 3, that game has four maps but the seamlessness only happens within each map. There are no loading screens in map 1 but going to map 2 will bring up a loading screen.

Tears of the Kingdom is three, full-scale, open world maps with complete freedom. Three maps that you can go through seamlessly, without loading screens. You can jump from the highest sky island, down to the surface, fall into a hole and emerge into the depths, all without any interruption. Decade-old hardware btw. Even games on PS5 don't have three seamlessly connected worlds in that way.

I'd say that's probably the big reason why the game is $70. Cause no one's done it that way yet.

No one's done the Fuse mechanic that way either. It would've been so easy for Nintendo to just like add a crafting table or a blacksmith NPC. Instead they made it so you could go wild with infinite combinations. 

Well, I've not seen the map, so I cannot judge, but like Acacia said, the UI being divided into three areas doesn't mean there's three maps, it just means the map has three areas and the UI displays one at a time for better comprehension. We'd have to know the actual size of the whole map, all areas and all. For example, GTA V is "just" one island's worth of a map, but the place is absurdly large and really detailed as well. Do we know yet if TotK is on that level?

Still, even if isn't quite that big, just making a big map work without serious performance issues while nerfing themselves with their awful hardware deserves props.

Engine cost isn't a big part of the cost for games like ToTK(even if there is a room for discussion how much effort they spend upgrading it - fuse system, for example is a huge thing to develop) - the real cost is to create the world. There are other projects that use similar size open sandbox worlds, but they don't handcraft them to the level BOTW did it. And ToTK looks the continuation of the same logic - every location in this huge world is handcrafted and polished - it is a crazy amount of work and the main reason that there is not that many such games on the market.

IntSys could learn a lesson. While I maintain that Somniel > Monastery just because I have to go there less and there's less to do in it, there are still a few things I like doing between all chapters, and the horrible loading screens have definitely had me missing Navaron's convenience. No bells and whistles there, just a menu leading to a few instantly-loading dioramas. Sometimes less is more.

And even leaving the hub aside, those difficult turn 1s are beyond insufferable when every reset makes me wait a whole-ass minute for the game to load. Definitely more noticeable on a replay lol

1 minute ago, Scaramuccia said:

Engine cost isn't a big part of the cost for games like ToTK(even if there is a room for discussion how much effort they spend upgrading it - fuse system, for example is a huge thing to develop) - the real cost is to create the world. There are other projects that use similar size open sandbox worlds, but they don't handcraft them to the level BOTW did it. And ToTK looks the continuation of the same logic - every location in this huge world is handcrafted and polished - it is a crazy amount of work and the main reason that there is not that many such games on the market.

Hey there, new person! Anyway, yeah, you have the right of it. All things considered, having now heard all the wild stuff the game does, the extra 10 bucks is probably justified for TotK. I just think it's important to call it into question so people like the Pokemon Company don't get the idea to up their prices too haha.

*Fans claim Awakening Dual Strike is simply just more reliable than Fates' version*

*me failing Dual Strikes in Awakening with 80% - 90% chance average more than 50% of the time*

...yeah, okay, more reliable. XD Fates' version believe it or not does have positives over Awakenings, and that would be one of them, even at half the damage it's still 100% active.

18 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

*Fans claim Awakening Dual Strike is simply just more reliable than Fates' version*

*me failing Dual Strikes in Awakening with 80% - 90% chance average more than 50% of the time*

...yeah, okay, more reliable. XD Fates' version believe it or not does have positives over Awakenings, and that would be one of them, even at half the damage it's still 100% active.

...wait, someone says that?

WHAT?! Who says that? Awakening's DS is entirely RNG-based whereas in Fates it is completely devoid of it. It's not even a matter of opinion  that's just straight up wrong lol

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...wait, someone says that?

WHAT?! Who says that? Awakening's DS is entirely RNG-based whereas in Fates it is completely devoid of it. It's not even a matter of opinion  that's just straight up wrong lol

Many say that with Brave weapons, it's way too reliable. 4x the opportunities to get a dual strike sounds really strong, for sure.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

uyAS0P6.png

I like that more than dirk theory (XBC3 Spoilers)

Could explain the lack thereof I suppose. Xd

Finally got to the Seaside Lights Festival, since I foolishly didn't enact the Flower Festival over unwarranted Seed Point concerns, this was my first dating festival in RF5. Went to the beach early when all the bachelors were gathered together, they had a group dialogue, that was neat, haven't seen that before in this game, it could've used more of it. I failed to chat with the ladies when they were all huddled on the sands in the morning, oh well.

...Looks like you need a minimum of 5 FP/LP to invite someone to see the lights with you when the night falls. There goes saving & reloading to view all the guys' scenes. On the positive side you can even platonically bond with the non-marriage candidate characters. But, I invite Ryker, I ought to be able to see half the bachelors' festival scenes at least.

He turns me down... ... ... ...

😑

What. The. Hell!? I have spend IRL days eagerly awaiting a chance to get the gay on with this event and you let the character reject me!?! What's the goddamn point of not putting them on the selection list if less than 5FP/LP if all that results in is an anticlimactic nothing-scene? Since when did these events become about rewarding a near-maxed relationship as opposed to providing the bonding points that bring a less-than-perfect relationship closer to the affection maximum?

Let the sand they stand on give way, let the tides rise up! Drag everyone and this game into the watery depths of oblivion!

😡

*Checks online what the acceptance requirements are*

...Looks like it's merely your top 7 closest characters who are selectable. Anything below 7FP/LP comes with a chance of rejection. For less than 5 points it's a 70% rejection rate, at 5-6 points it's a 40% rejection rate. I must have bad luck, because I tried inviting Martin and then Murakumo after Ryker and I failed on them too.😅

Well, I'll have to get back after my sudden ragequit later today. As for Lucas and Reinhard, I'll have no choice but to check online afterwards for their little conversations. It won't be quite the same, but I am NOT waiting until Summer Year 2 to try for theirs'.