• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This again? I am not telling you the same thing I've told you like four times already, so instead, I shall react with this random picture I found in the 14th page of my imgbox uploads.

KZEhZXMI_o.png

You see! Look what it’s done to Rubenio!!!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't blame you. Yujin just has kind of a suspicious aura to him, doesn't he?

Convincing us to defend ourselves did seem a bit suspect, and he seemed like the option with the most authority available to me.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That one I do know. It's a reference to the Sherlock Holmes stories - you'll find a number over the course of the duology. In Japanese the good gentlewoman was straight up just Jezail Bullet, the type that was fired upon John Watson and gave him the leg injury that got him discharged. In the localization they changed it so it's not gibberish. Brett likely came from Jeremy Brett, the most iconic actor to portray Holmes.

Thanks for the tip on that one

The Fancy No...and the Sorry are such nice little touches.

Edit: It such an Ace Attorney thing to be following a line of logic that you have no idea where it is really going, but we got a cow brand mark to follow up on...

Edit 2: I already see a flaw in the already dead conjecture, seeing as he was just anesthetized earlier that day...

Edit 3: Oof, the reveal of her speaking Japanese, and being a real uptight bi-

Edit4: Looks like they are finally introducing some of the funky cross examining multiple people mechanics.

Edit 5 : SHUT UP...shame I missed a snap of it

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thanks for the tip on that one

Spoiler

In retrospect, it's a pretty heavy-handed pun, but then again, this is case 1.

Edit4: Looks like they are finally introducing some of the funky cross examining multiple people mechanics.

Some games evolve by giving you larger worlds to explore, more intricate quests to see through, the ability to build any contraption you can imagine...

Ace Attorney evolves by letting you talk to multiple people at once. Incredible.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AJFCJaXJagsmrn-RDDmY6Io6Jg13poyeWFNykcw7

But I did catch a screen shot of it the second time 😛

I liked how much fun they had with the yelling in this game. How do you like Ryuno's... uh, "yes"?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, ugly's not the word. Ordinary is a more appropriate descriptor, in my opinion - which, to be fair, might as well be "ugly" when almost every other female character in Fire Emblem's history has been a supermodel.

Yeah the only actually ugly female character in FE6 is Niime.

No Ruben, you are not allowed to enter my house with a deadly weapon.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet again, Xenosaga Episode III was able to compensate somewhat with the execution

Episode III in a nutshell. It succeeded despite literally everything going against it.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's probably just a matter of time until everyone switches over to AI art. It's the same old song. Companies want money. AI art is cheaper than hiring an artist. Cheaper art leads to more profit, AKA more money.

AI could never create the audiovisual masterpiece of Across the Spider-Verse.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nice knowing you.

I mean, I woudn't call her ugly either... she's just old.

20230607_152957.jpg

20230607_152959.jpg

Come ON dude! Get out of my head!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

mean, I woudn't call her ugly either... she's just old.

She's old but not cool old.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No Ruben, you are not allowed to enter my house with a deadly weapon.

Why would I? You are correct.

Although she does tell her grandson she was a beauty when she was younger. And also that she fucked men like him for their money.

...Niime's a terrible fucking parent. But we love her anyway.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am strangely disappointed in Ryunosuke getting to his dramatic finger point with the OBJECTION, I was growing fond of his incredibly awkward hand raise with YES

I love the hand animation. The way he bends his hand is so strange. It's like he can't make up his mind whether to raise his hand or his index finger, and doesn't realize while he's debating it his arm is already up.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

She's old but not cool old.

Okay, now is when we have a problem.

Thank goodness Hosonaga is such a kleptomaniac.

Also I am excited to see so many witnesses on the stand now, surely shenanigans shall be afoot with this one.

Edit: HE IS BLAMING IT ON THE BABAY. LOL

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

v7GiOxX.jpg

Average Fire Emblem Heroes player

Also it has been confirmed that vampires are real in the Trails universe, I should've seen it coming at this point.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I've never seen this.😄

Chao that have both Shiny and Jewel genes tend to look rather... strange, so they're probably bugged to some extent. Some of them are invisible, some of them are transparent, and some look nothing like how their genes suggest they should.

On the topic, Chao genetics are basically the same as actual genetics in that they have phenotypes and genotypes to determine their appearance, with two alleles for each gene. Those biology classes certainly came in handy.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, off-topic, but even more than Dorothy, I'm impressed Noah, of all people, got into Heroes. Like, Noah looks too ordinary and is too mature a character for the Heroes audience. Of course, I know the only reason he's in was because they wanted Fir in and had to fill the other three slots somehow, but still... Way to go, Noah!

It's because most games are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of popular characters at this point, except Engage (which has been ignored since Alear and co. were added), Three Houses sort of, and probably Tellius. Also Tokyo Mirage Sessions, maybe.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I really enjoyed this game (games? Much like Banner Saga, I prefer to consider them two parts of one longer game)

No way, Banner Saga is a Trails game?

Though TGAA1 doesn't end on a cliffhanger despite having several unanswered questions, not that it would matter since both games were localized together.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah, the classic name puns, like Auchi (Ouchy, to go together with ol' Paine brother), Iyesa Nosa (Yes sir, No sir), Kyurio Korekuta (Curio Collector). Haven't figured out the waiter, or the two Lawyer's joke names yet.

Edit: Seeing two people giving testimony at once makes me wonder if we will see some of the things they did in the Layton and Pheonix Wright crossover...

TGAA is basically a spiritual successor to PLvPW, both in character designs and gameplay mechanics.

As a fun fact, the Paynes were always Auchi in the Japanese version, with Payne being the localized version to preserve the pun.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Come ON dude! Get out of my head!

It is the Grandmasterpon's will...

6c0ecfK.png

WHY Would he swap the Steak? How did no one notice he swapped the Steaks? You have to love the silliness of Ace Attorney games sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

TGAA is basically a spiritual successor to PLvPW, both in character designs and gameplay mechanics.

Interesting...

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

No way, Banner Saga is a Trails game?

No, because all three games last 30 hours. Also I find them fun

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though TGAA1 doesn't end on a cliffhanger despite having several unanswered questions, not that it would matter since both games were localized together.

I would argue it does end on a cliffhanger. Like, the last case is resolved, there's no cliffhanger there, but then you get that thing at the very, very end. The game's clearly saying "hey you wanna know what's up with this really ominous thing I just dropped? Play the sequel!"

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

WHY Would he swap the Steak? How did no one notice he swapped the Steaks? You have to love the silliness of Ace Attorney games sometimes.

There's the AA bullshit we know and love. Nonsense even a Bond villain would consider convoluted.

My house smells a little smokey right now, thanks to the Canadian wildfires raging distantly to the north.🌲🔥 I have the doors and windows shut yet the odor still permeates the air (air conditioning is helping though). It's a little inconvenient to breathe *cough*, the sky is too foggy to see the clouds, and everything outside at this time of day is becoming slightly blurry and orange. I'll consider it fortunate that this is the first time in my life that I've ever put up with air quality like this.

Even so, this is another wonder of nature. Not a good one, but it's interesting how the effects of such a distant event can drift on the winds so far away.

---

*Flips through the Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends ingame Encyclopedia*

20230607131438-1.jpg

A beard bag, didn't know that was a thing.

Though I don't intend to play the Shu story for a while, going with the default Wei-Wu-Shu-Jin order, with the 8XL exclusive Lu Bu storyline saved for last. So Guan Yu won't be getting any action until later.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So Guan Yu won't be getting any action until later.

I mean, his children do only show up later on in the storyline, yes.

AJFCJaXDgwAh4aumEIcKPsi1EAoZlcus8ZudK9--

I am a bit surprised we did get to truly see her face, but the ridiculous Swan hat bursting to life and dropping chicks certainly was a memorable breakdown.

...and with her not facing justice in Japan, I am guessing she will make a return disguised in the mask of her own face.

Why do I also get the funny feeling they are setting up Kazuma to become a Prosecutor like Edgeworth...

Phew, that first case was a long for an introductory case like that, and I think it is time for a break.

Phew, that first case was a long for an introductory case like that, and I think it is time for a break.

Buckle up. People say the second case has a real problem with length. Personally, I thought it was pretty thrilling the whole way through, but that's just me.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

6CQblwc.png

...Uh

hvad så

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Put 'em on Automatic siege mode and they somehow got in Algeria

What were you trying to siege? Maybe the Pillars of Hercules were indeed the fastest path. XD

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't blame you. Yujin just has kind of a suspicious aura to him, doesn't he?

Speaking of suspicious auras, I turned on Path of Radiance a while back to see what its about and played for a while. This leader guy in the beginning.... Greer, Greil or whatever his name is... something about him was creepin me out. That smirk on his face kinda looks like he’s up to some crooked shit