• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So that TotK burnout. I'm not feeling it anymore. I am instead once again feeling the distractions. No! I'm going to focus on the main story. I'm 105 hours in, i want to wrap this up. Even i didn't procrastinate this much with like Xenoblade X or 3.

I have to physically make myself go after the main story lmaooooooooooooooooooo never thought i'd be saying that about a Zelda game.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, now is when we have a problem.

Saphir is an example of old but cool. 

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It is the Grandmasterpon's will...

6c0ecfK.png

It is inevitable.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

So that TotK burnout. I'm not feeling it anymore. I am instead once again feeling the distractions. No! I'm going to focus on the main story. I'm 105 hours in, i want to wrap this up. Even i didn't procrastinate this much with like Xenoblade X or 3.

I have to physically make myself go after the main story lmaooooooooooooooooooo never thought i'd be saying that about a Zelda game.

-How I just felt with Xenosaga, and that was only like 40-45 hours.😆 Heck, it's how I feel a lot of the time when I get towards the end of video games.

If I had a nickel for every time I've put a FE protagonist through an emotional grinder in a ROMhack, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't much, but it really shouldn't have happened twice.

Poor, poor Roy...

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Saphir is an example of old but cool. 

Oh I agree. But Niime is cool too.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Already?

Hopefully they address all the complaints the original received.

...and not rush the game out of the gate to cash in on E3 hype. That'd be good for the game too.

I'm trying to do my mom's car payments cause she's out of the country but it's all credit bullshit that I have to sign up for. And I can't contact my mom right now because she can only call when connected to Wi-Fi.

I will go back in time and shoot Ronald Reagan in the head before he ever has a chance to become President.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will go back in time and shoot Ronald Reagan in the head before he ever has a chance to become President.

I mean, he did had a close call already. Barely two months after taking office he was shot. If he hadn't reached an hospital in time, he could've actually died.

Granted, Republicans would still have the Presidency, but who knows how much of Regan's agenda Bush Sr. would've actually followed.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If he hadn't reached an hospital in time, he could've actually died.

Going back in time to make the timeline where the ambulance suffers an unforseen engine failure.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Buckle up. People say the second case has a real problem with length. Personally, I thought it was pretty thrilling the whole way through, but that's just me.

Hopefully it doesn't reach Rise From the Ashes levels. For all the good in that case, it is exhausting to get all the way through.

Now onto case 2 with Herlock Sholmes (although it was strange to hear mention of Wilson after his death...)

Edit: I was not expecting them to kill off Kazuma already. I guess he was a direct parallel with Mia Fey then.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

iRl9h4V.png

What an interesting and diverse topic this show decided to tackle, I sure hope the skulls don't indicate a hyper focus on misinformed pop-culture elements that are barely relevant to the people that still live and breathe today.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Going back in time to make the timeline where the ambulance suffers an unforseen engine failure.

What we should be doing is going back in time to stop southern reconstruction from finishing too early.

Herlock Sholmes is as credible as the Ace defective detective Luke Atmey I see.

Edit: I am saddened by the lack of reaction the detective had to me showing him my badge...

Edit 2: Seems Hosonaga is our recurring detective for the game...

Edit 3: At least Hosonaga reacts to my badge.

Edit 4: The way they are linking this case to the classic Holmes story of the speckled band feels too on the nose for my liking so far. Then again, I am sure a twist is in the works.

Edit 5: A food pun this time with Bif Strogenov...

Edit 6: When Lobster Whistles on Top of Mountain?

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hopefully it doesn't reach Rise From the Ashes levels. For all the good in that case, it is exhausting to get all the way through.

The entirety of Ace Attorney has looked better in my eyes since I subjected myself to Extraterritorial Rights. Nothing else in the series ever felt long-winded to me after that. Jesus fucking Christ, it's been years and I still have the first notes of his theme song stuck in my brain...

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

iRl9h4V.png

What an interesting and diverse topic this show decided to tackle, I sure hope the skulls don't indicate a hyper focus on misinformed pop-culture elements that are barely relevant to the people that still live and breathe today.

I mean, with a thumbnail like that, what can you really expect?

Plot twist: It was a typo. The show is really about someone name May's Anus.

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Herlock Sholmes is as credible as the Ace defective detective Luke Atmey I see.

You doubt the skills of the great Ace Detective Luke Atmey? Zvari, I say!

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Edit 4: The way they are linking this case to the classic Holmes story of the speckled band feels too on the nose for my liking so far. Then again, I am sure a twist is in the works.

Maybe they just weren't expecting the playerbase of this extremely text-heavy videogame to have read lol

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The entirety of Ace Attorney has looked better in my eyes since I subjected myself to Extraterritorial Rights. Nothing else in the series ever felt long-winded to me after that. Jesus fucking Christ, it's been years and I still have the first notes of his theme song stuck in my brain...

Yeah Investigations could be fairly long winded...

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe they just weren't expecting the playerbase of this extremely text-heavy videogame to have read lol

They even had the audacity of stealing a name from it...

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah Investigations could be fairly long winded...

But at least I2 was awesome. Extraterritorial Rights was five hours of back and forth leading up to proving some guy is not a true Steel Samurai fan.

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

They even had the audacity of stealing a name from it...

Get used to it. They keep doing it all the way up to the final case of the duology. Personally, I found it kinda jarring. It's so weird going from dumb Ace Attorney pun names to exotic victorian novelist names. Heck, Sholmes was just Holmes in Japanese, they had to change it for copyright... which I found to be a happy accident, because the corrupted name suits him a lot better and allows for that fun joke with his first name that pops up a few times.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But at least I2 was awesome.

I really should get around to finishing that game at some point.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, Sholmes was just Holmes in Japanese, they had to change it for copyright... which I found to be a happy accident, because the corrupted name suits him a lot better and allows for that fun joke with his first name that pops up a few times.

That really is an improvement (other than the minor inconsistency of Holmes being mentioned in the main series at one point)

Also are they now introducing some Investigation mechanics with Sholme's Deductions?

Edit: Is Sholmes going to accuse everyone of being Vilen Bolshevic at this rate?

Edit 2: Did the game just remove my handcuffs so I can dramatically point at people?

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I really should get around to finishing that game at some point.

Do so. I fully admit it gets heavy at times, but the payoff is incredible.

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That really is an improvement (other than the minor inconsistency of Holmes being mentioned in the main series at one point)

On the other hand, it makes the naming situation even more of a hodgepodge. Since you go from stuff like Iyesa Nosa and Taketsuchi Auchi, to subtle references like Jezaille Brett, to corruptions like Sholmes and Wilson, to just straight copypastes that look completely out of place due to Doyle's fondness for names like Grimesby Roylott. It's all over the place!

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I kind regret not intentionally flubbing the deductions to see some extra dialogue a little...

The eternal Ace Attorney conundrum. Often failing yields quite funny results, but then, the time...