• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I accidentally put Felicia in range of a boss cavalier (because I didn’t he realize he was there) who did so much damage that she wouldn’t be able to rank the mage she was supposed to tank

AND SHE DODGED THE ATTACK THAT WOULD HAVE KILLED HER

FELICIA BEST GIRLLLLLL

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Three Houses, since Divine Pulse is there to undo any potential casualties. That safeguard alone makes them much more bearable when they do appear,

Three houses has the worst in the series, easily. They spawn in the middle of literally nothing. There is no indication whatsoever that they will be there.

FE11 and FE12 have more logical ambush spawns as well as various save points across the map. It tells you about the reinforcements more often than not anyways, so playing aggressively and taking forts actually works.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I accidentally put Felicia in range of a boss cavalier (because I didn’t he realize he was there) who did so much damage that she wouldn’t be able to rank the mage she was supposed to tank

AND SHE DODGED THE ATTACK THAT WOULD HAVE KILLED HER

FELICIA BEST GIRLLLLLL

Best Fates girl, indeed.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

so playing aggressively and taking forts actually works.

except it doesn't because they ambush spawn cavs and pegasi that will kill any of your units before you reach the fort

If anything it forces you play super definsive because you don't know what is going to appear.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Three houses has the worst in the series, easily. They spawn in the middle of literally nothing. There is no indication whatsoever that they will be there.

FE11 and FE12 have more logical ambush spawns as well as various save points across the map. It tells you about the reinforcements more often than not anyways, so playing aggressively and taking forts actually works.

Fair enough, although what each implementation serves to prove is that ambush spawns don't belong in FE. Period.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't have a good track record with SE. Every game i tried from SE i drop, very fast

Too bad, I was curious how long you would play until you quit. I've never beaten it, but I dont have that "mind" for strategy soooo.

Pretty much everything in the game is stacked against you. Enemies immune all status, have better stats, can revive their whole team 100% hp with no cost or anything. Fun stuff. That's just the tip of the iceberg, as well. It gets better.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Enemies immune all status, have better stats, can revive their whole team 100% hp with no cost or anything. Fun stuff. That's just the tip of the iceberg, as well. It gets better.

doesn't sound fun, sounds bs. the japanese stat inflation hacks kinda way bs

Too bad, I was curious how long you would play until you quit. I've never beaten it, but I dont have that "mind" for strategy soooo.

Pretty much everything in the game is stacked against you. Enemies immune all status, have better stats, can revive their whole team 100% hp with no cost or anything. Fun stuff. That's just the tip of the iceberg, as well. It gets better.

If that isn't sarcasm, I don't know what is. xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

except it doesn't because they ambush spawn cavs and pegasi that will kill any of your units before you reach the fort

I play like a slug and not once have I been near a fort when it randomly spawned a cav or pegasus. Three houses absolutely spams fliers from behind all the time with no indication-FE11 at least tells you "Watch out for the cavaliers in the forts." Is it worse than actually having no ambush spawns? Absolutely. But you aren't flying blind.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

doesn't sound fun, sounds bs. the japanese stat inflation hacks kinda way bs

Its... hard. But not nearly impossible. Challenge is about 20/10 though.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If that isn't sarcasm, I don't know what is. xD

Yeah, i was kidding. But there are people out there that have completed it with minimal setups, so either they are genius's or I'm an idiot. *shrugs*

Edited by lightcosmo

Meanwhile, I can't recall a single time I was genuinely ambushed by fliers in Three Houses.

Yeah, i was kidding. But there are people out there that have completed it with minimal setups, so either they are genius's or I'm an idiot. *shrugs*

I think they just practiced a lot.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I play like a slug and not once have I been near a fort when it randomly spawned a cav or pegasus.

I don't play like a slug and i got ambush spawned every map that had them.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Three houses absolutely spams fliers from behind

Atleast from behind it makes sense becuse the player shouldn't be there after a while. 

Not forts in the middle of the map spawning reinforcements without warning.

Edited by Shrimperor

Tfw you move a unit off the village to get a kill only they can’t actually do enough damage because you forgot how attack stance works and that enemy takes the village.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think they just practiced a lot.

Yeah I can try that and still no luck.

As i said, I'm an idiot. Xd

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Atleast from behind it makes sense becuse the player shouldn't be there after a while. 

You should see the way I play then!

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah I can try that and still no luck.

As i said, I'm an idiot. Xd

Don't put yourself down so much.
There are several, much easier games I can't beat. Do I call myself an idiot for that? N--
... Actually, yes I do. Uh... awakward? xD

That aside, there is no shame in not being able to beat a game period.
Even less so when said game is filled to the brim with complete bullshit.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

There is no escape

InfamousNaiveDiamondbackrattlesnake-smal

Skeletons outside October?

Wait Thats Illegal Halo GIF - WaitThatsIllegal Halo Meme GIFs

I am afraid I'll run out of storage from family video footage, because the thing is now my relatives are being thrown into the mix and I have to fix them once they're digitised.

All of them.

So many weddings.

So many babies.

So, so many breaks in the footage because of false positives for copyright in the screen grabber.

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Three Houses, since Divine Pulse is there to undo any potential casualties. That safeguard alone makes them much more bearable when they do appear,

Uh... To be honest, this is what worries me the most about Divine Pulse / Mila's Turnwheel: That IntSys will use these systems to get away with shitty design. It already seems to be the way they used it in Three Houses.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't put yourself down so much.
There are several, much easier games I can't beat. Do I call myself an idiot for that? N--
... Actually, yes I do. Uh... awakward? xD

That aside, there is no shame in not being able to beat a game period.
Even less so when said game is filled to the brim with complete bullshit.

I have a habit of doing just that. 

You're right I know, but sometimes being able to just catch a break would be nice. Thanks, though, I appreciate the support!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''alot''

Yeah, at the beginning of the game that higher difficulties have ambush spawns

and that's it

The first map with reinforcements is chapter 5. It tells you there to occupy the forts to the north before reinforcements arrive.

IIRC the next chapter with reinforcements is 7, where it again tells you, this time with the boss evilly cackling. So on and so forth. The game almost always tells you that there are reinforcements.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... To be honest, this is what worries me the most about Divine Pulse / Mila's Turnwheel: That IntSys will use these systems to get away with shitty design. It already seems to be the way they used it in Three Houses.

On one hand i kinda agree but on the other, things like crits are bs anyways, so it's nice to have a break from those. I've had enough Witch warp= crits in Echoes to where I'm glad it was a thing.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd be inclined to agree, but in the absence of a battle save system (which RD did, perfectly I might add), Divine Pulse or Mila's Turnwheel is the next best thing for undoing mistakes or rethinking strategy. And those unfair or less fair moments are few and far between in 3H, not counting maddening, which is jank no matter how you look at it.