Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Doing well. Playing Ch. 16 of FE8 and getting kicked in the head by it.

How about you?

Doing pretty well, too. I'm on the final map of my Berwick ironman, after losing Sherpa to a hit from the boss of c14 when I forgot to heal him. Looks like I'm bringing my completely untrained Daoud into endgame! Maybe he can tank a few reinforcements or something.

Dean and Arthur have been carrying my ass this whole run - they've been massacring all sorts of stuff and can tank like there's no tomorrow. 

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yup

Fox Hell and Ryoma's are the other maps i hate

I don’t remember Ryoma’s being bad at all! He just chills for 25 turns waiting for you to come to him.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree with lightchao and say it's worth it, but Torna is my favorite Xenoblade game gameplay wise so I'm partly bias. But imo you get well more than what you pay in, which is a rarity in DLC nowadays.

Great! I'm still not sure if we'll get it while it's on sale, but I certainly look forwards to it!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Playing Ch. 16 of FE8 and getting kicked in the head by it.

btw, any promoted unit can cross the rivers. Unless I am forgetting something. My advice would be to charge down the middle with Ephraim, Eirika, Lute and Franz, keep some of your good units back, (make sure to get the brave axe, and IIRC the armory here is really good) to defend across the stump. And you'll prolly wanna finish the map before all the reinforcements arrive, because there's a LOT of 'em.

EDIT: Douy, that's 17.

Yeah, just some restore staves and a barrier/pure water can help. Otherise, I'd try to play aggressively to get rid of the bolting/purge blokes.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t remember Ryoma’s being bad at all! He just chills for 25 turns waiting for you to come to him.

exactly why i hate it xD

You either cheese him with Corrin or Face a mini Ninja Hell with Ninja's with 3 Range Shurikens lol

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Thanks! I was considering getting it now just 'cause it's on sale. Hm...Maybe me and my family can get the game today and try it out, and if we like it we can get the DLC before the sale ends.

That seems like it would be best. Even if you don't get it before the sale ends, $29.99 isn't too much more expensive than $26.79, and you wouldn't want to spend extra only to find out that you don't enjoy the game after all.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Great! I'm still not sure if we'll get it while it's on sale, but I certainly look forwards to it!

Dont let my bias opinion sway your choice though. I hype the game up ALOT since it's perfect for me. As said again, you might not enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

Dean and Arthur have been carrying my ass this whole run - they've been massacring all sorts of stuff and can tank like there's no tomorrow. 

Oh yeah, Arthur. The man who tanks. Heh...

Urgh.

Good luck with the final map, Spara!

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Doing well. Playing Ch. 16 of FE8 and getting kicked in the head by it.

Insta-promote Knoll for summoner goodness.

What route are you on, by the way?

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

That seems like it would be best. Even if you don't get it before the sale ends, $29.99 isn't too much more expensive than $26.79, and you wouldn't want to spend extra only to find out that you don't enjoy the game after all.

Ah, true.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont let my bias opinion sway your choice though. I hype the game up ALOT since it's perfect for me. As said again, you might not enjoy it.

Nah, I'm not worried! See, the problem with TH was that I was anticipating it, whereas I have no idea what to expect from Xenoblade 2. I'm just excited to try it but have no expectations!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck with the final map, Spara!

Thanks! Gonna do the classic Pursuit+Holy strat to weaken the armors so everyone else can pick them off pretty quick, and Dean can hammer the straggler. I'm terrified of this map. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Insta-promote Knoll for summoner goodness.

What route are you on, by the way?

He, uh...died in the desert chapter. But it seems I'm handling things a bit better now anyway. Tana is my mage/summoner killer.

Eirika's route.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I'm terrified of this map. 

Look, it's how I feel about every map remaining in my run.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Gonna do the classic Pursuit+Holy strat to weaken the armors

Ah yes, the classic strat that I hadn't even thought of. That's clever.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

He, uh...died in the desert chapter.

O O F

That's a huge shame. Summoner is such a fun class. And if you put up with Ewan's scrubbiness, you get to have two!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

Summoner really should've been in more games. How many hacks incorporate summoners?

Sadly not many. Funnily enough, I always went Ewan as a druid because it looks cool.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

He, uh...died in the desert chapter.

F

Ewan time!

Just now, Benice said:

Sadly not many. Funnily enough, I always went Ewan as a druid because it looks cool.

I appreciate his garish colors, but I would like to see more of them around. It's such a cool class. Does SRPG studio have a summoner plugin?

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Those abilities turn into positive ones after you do the character paralogues. To unlock them you need to deploy the characters

Can I see which paralouges are unlocked by which or do I just come across them.

Speaking of characters, I already like the main cast a lot more than in the first game. Raz reminds me of Reyn but a bit meaner haha.

Also, I know I've heard Claude's voice somewhere before. I just don't know where, I gotta look up his VA.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The objective and map design in this game in general

And I really appreciate that whenever the objective changes, all of your units get moved to a new base camp, instead of having to regroup everyone manually. 

52 minutes ago, Benice said:

Good morning!

Also, @lightcosmo, @Armagon and @Lightchao42, I see that the Xenoblade 2 DLC is also on sale. It's fairly pricey for a DLC...Is it worth getting?

Absolutely yes. Imo, Xenoblade 2's Season Pass is the best season pass Nintendo has put out for one of their first party titles. Normally I'd complain about it being an all-or-nothing deal but it's so good that I do not mind.

As for starting with Torna, well, there's pros and cons to which one you start with. It's your call but I'll list them:

Starting with Xenoblade 2:

Pros:

-Full-fledged game

-Story introduces you to things. In general, both Xenoblade 2 and Torna take the plot a bit slow for the first half and this is done so that the main party can all be introduced. The second half is where the story really ramps up and in my opinion, this approach to the story pays off wonderfully. In general, this is how Xeno likes to tackle it's stories and characters. Xenoblade 1 is the one exception to this (and Xenoblade X kinda but that game's main story doesn't really matter).

-The DLC gives you access to two really powerful Rare Blades and later on, a Challenge Mode area where you can recruit characters from previous games.

-The Blade system is a gacha-lite. Of course, as you saw in the video, it's rigged in your favor. At any rate, you can get by with not really pulling from the gacha and just using the Blades the story gives you. Source: I've done it. But I recommend not doing that sort of challenge on your first playthrough. At any rate, there are additional Rare Blades with garuanteed pulls.

Cons:

-Tutorials suck, I already told you this.

-A few moments in the story don't have that needed impact if you didn't play Torna before. These moments are few and far between though.

-While this isn't necessarily a con, a few characters are made better with the existence of Torna. They are already good characters in the main game, Torna just makes them even better.

Which brings me to: Starting with Torna first.

Pros:

-Shorter game, I like to describe it as a bite-sized Xenoblade game.

-Tutorials still aren't amazing but the combat is streamlined from the main game, enough to have a different feel than that.

-sidequest quality is second best in the series, only beaten by Xenoblade X's sidequest quality, which is in a league of it's own.

-Takes place before Xenoblade 2 so if you like seeing time progression, well there you go.

Cons:

-The game occasionally does assume you've played Xenoblade 2 before, it's one of those prequels. But these moments are few and far between and you can totally experience Torna first with no problems. @Interdimensional Observer can vouch.

-There are some mild continuity inconsistencies. But again, it's mostly trivial and you can still fill in the blanks yourself.

-sidequest quality is second best but you are required to do half of them in order to complete the story.

At the end of the day, it's up to you. Really, I just put the cons so you can know how each game does things but in the long run, you can play the two in whatever order. They both exist for each other's benefit, I like to see it that way. Torna as a standalone is on sale right now (as is the main game) and buying Torna as a standalone will still earn you the rest of the DLC content. As LightChao mentioned yesterday, this is cheaper than buying the season pass itself.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

whereas I have no idea what to expect from Xenoblade 2. I'm just excited to try it but have no expectations!

Awesome 👍

I do hope you enjoy it.

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can I see which paralouges are unlocked by which or do I just come across them.

Sadly you can't, but if you the characters for a few battles they will eventually unlock. And as i said, only using one of the 3 required for each paralogue is enough iirc.

30 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Summoner really should've been in more games.

Preach.

30 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

How many hacks incorporate summoners?

Not a hack, but although TearRing Saga doesn't have summoners per se, it does have summoning staves.

For hacks, Four Kings has a shaman that automatically promotes into summoner. Vision Quest has a druid that can summon, but he arrives really late.

27 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Does SRPG studio have a summoner plugin?

I'm actually not sure. I know that you can turn people into skeletons, but I'm not sure if creating new ones can be done easily.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Starting with Xenoblade 2:

Ooh...I think I'll start with the main game first, just 'cause it sounds like I'll enjoy the prequel even more if I do.