Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though i heavily dislike anitubers, i do agree with this explanation. If a manga you like is getting an adaptation and you see "studio is A1", you'll probably like "ok cool" but it won't pull the same reaction as reading "studio is KyoAni" for example.

Of course, there are worse options than A1. If A1 is McDonalds, then Silver Link is Burger King.

Yeah most anitubers are kind of trash. I’m not particularly fond of digi(who was the one who called A1 the mcdonalds of anime). She makes decent analysis videos every now and then but sometimes she can be way too nitpicky for my tastes. I normally just stick to watching relatively smaller anitubers like Mathwiz and craftsdawrf cause their content leans more on the positive analytical side and they aren’t just spreading a lot of bullshit you commonly see in the anime community.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Yeah most anitubers are kind of trash. I’m not particularly fond of digi(who was the one who called A1 the mcdonalds of anime). She makes decent analysis videos every now and then but sometimes she can be way too nitpicky for my tastes. I normally just stick to watching relatively smaller anitubers like Mathwiz and craftsdawrf cause their content leans more on the positive analytical side and they aren’t just spreading a lot of bullshit you commonly see in the anime community.

Yeah, i don't mean to generalize but a lot of anitubers just come off as incredibly pretentious in my eyes, so i don't really feel like giving them the time. 

Maybe the smaller ones are better but i'm fine with not finding out tbh.

Edited by Armagon

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i don't mean to generalize but a lot of anitubers just come off as incredibly pretentious in my eyes, so i don't really feel like giving them the time. 

I mean when the bigger voices in the community are the likes of Digi or Mother’s Basement I can’t exactly blame you. I mostly just watch gigguk for the memes if I’m being completely honest. 

cause takes like “mha isn’t actually a battle shounen because it uses its fights to further its narrative themes and conflicts” make me want to bang my head against a wall.

Edited by Ottservia

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of course, there are worse options than A1. If A1 is McDonalds, then Silver Link is Burger King.

🤨

It's been years since I last had it, but forced to pick between the old big three burger chains, King is better than Mac, whose fries are overrated and has breakfast as its sole redeeming feature. Wendy projects a slightly higher quality than either of them, though I will never let my tastebuds get within five feet of the artificially flavored as duck "frosties" after experiencing real milkshakes. 

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Exactly.gif

Mario and Fire Emblem on March 31st, 2021.

Considering when we know it's going to run out, I'd rather compare it to something else from XCX.:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-11-at-11-18-42-AM.pn

We don't have a .gif of this counting down though.

Nice RexRex image BTW.

I wonder who would be Jack-in-the-Box's counterpart here...

The biggest tragedy of the border being closed. Not able to walk over and go into a Jack-in-the-Box's. XD

There used to be one on this side here, years ago. Until it closed down.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

She said she would take a look at my test yayyy

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, folks!
... Well, that's a lot of new pages.
What did I miss?

Kasumi is on leave/gone atm because of some family stuff that happened, unfortunately.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's like an even more skewed version of the Electoral College.

At least in the Electoral College the people’s votes still usually matter if you’re voting with the majority even if you are just voting to put the country’s fate in the hands’ of others.

So Silver Link is better than A1?

If it's matching, it should count as long as what you typed was correct.

Some teachers are specific tho.

Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. Luckily, as stated above, she said she would look at it.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's been years since I last had it, but forced to pick between the old big three burger chains, King is better than Mac, whose fries are overrated and has breakfast as its sole redeeming feature. Wendy projects a slightly higher quality than either of them, though I will never let my tastebuds get within five feet of the artificially flavored as duck "frosties" after experiencing real milkshakes. 

I agree with all of this.

Except at the end, because I don’t know what you mean. What differentiates a “real” milkshake?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Except at the end, because I don’t know what you mean. What differentiates a “real” milkshake?

It's when they shake the cow real good before milking her.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Frosties just don't taste like what Five Guys' offers at all, or that I could find anywhere else. I think they're supposed to be milkshakes, but they're taste so terribly fake that I do not consider them the real thing in the slightest. And to think I once liked them, I didn't know any better.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's when they shake the cow real good before milking her.

I mean like when you think about it, how do you think we discovered cows as a source of milk. Someone must’ve been up to some weird shit

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Frosties just don't taste like what Five Guys' offers at all

Oh heck yes

Those are definitely my fav.

Ottservia what animation studio is like Five Guys’?

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

or that I could find anywhere else. I think they're supposed to be milkshakes, but they're taste so terribly fake that I do not consider them the real thing in the slightest. And to think I once liked them, I didn't know any better.

Huh. They never tasted off to me, but I always thought they were ice cream. I also have been growing up in 2010s America, so...

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

I mean like when you think about it, how do you think we discovered cows as a source of milk. Someone must’ve been up to some weird shit

Considering every female mammal milks, which includes humans...

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering every female mammal milks, which includes humans...

They used basic logic?

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Thx^^

It's looking wild already haha

Go Elise!

15 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Well if you're hunter-gatherers wandering around hunting things, eventually you're going to encounter animals doing everything. From hunting, to dumping, to humping, to birthing, to suckling, to dying.

Cheese and yogurt are hypothesized to have originated when travelers went about with milk in a potable container, perhaps an animal stomach with some of the enzymes necessary for cheesemaking. The travelers got thirsty after a few hours, went for a drink, and discovered their liquid refreshment had gotten turned into a clumpy mess, but a delicious mess.

Beer would've originated from having a harvest of wheat or other grains laying around for a few days, no refrigeration, and natural good yeast in the air. All you needed was someone courageous enough to sample the resulting liquid.

This reminds me:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-11-at-11-53-06-AM.pn

...Why do I feel the "it would likely prove" is hiding an "it was"?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

>looks at some of the custom units others picked out

>looks at the basic choices he made

I really didn't do much for Laslow, eh? XD

Sometimes you just need a good safe unit when you leave your units up to the hands of the forum users xD

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They used basic logic?

More or less. Since they already had their young drink their mother's milk.

Though getting the idea to drink other animals' milk... that might have taken some steps in reasoning. Maybe someone had no water and a milking cow nearby...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Sometimes you just need a good safe unit when you leave your units up to the hands of the forum users xD

Just proves that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to FE. 😛

Thought I was giving the best skills and I ended up making the most average unit possible.

shrugs

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More or less. Since they already had their young drink their mother's milk.

Though getting the idea to drink other animals' milk... that might have taken some steps in reasoning. Maybe someone had no water and a milking cow nearby...

It wouldn’t even have been pasteurized then...

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Just proves that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to FE. 😛

Thought I was giving the best skills and I ended up making the most average unit possible.

shrugs

Oh you actually did good in that department

Like I said, base Laslow is the most average unit, I did look at your skills. Someone needed to have shuriken breaker, and you stepped up to the plate. :dimitrisalute:

Also you haven’t played Conquest so...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Of course not. That's a very recent process, relatively speaking.

Yep, such is the point.

Whatever happened is whatever happened though, and now we have ice cream and milkshakes!