• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

If it keeps up this momentum to the finale, i think i might have to give The Mandalorian S2 a 10/10. Or at the very least a very high 9. God, this show is so good. Even if you aren't a Star Wars fan, i recommend it because you don't really need to know Star Wars to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

cause takes like “mha isn’t actually a battle shounen because it uses its fights to further its narrative themes and conflicts” make me want to bang my head against a wall.

Yeah, this take implies that battle shounen can't have deeper meaning in them and that's a cringe take.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's been years since I last had it, but forced to pick between the old big three burger chains, King is better than Mac, whose fries are overrated and has breakfast as its sole redeeming feature.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So Silver Link is better than A1?

20190907_003636.jpg?width=413&height=432

Can't believe i live in a world where people think Burger King is better than McDonald's. Smh.

Considering when we know it's going to run out, I'd rather compare it to something else from XCX.:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-11-at-11-18-42-AM.pn

We don't have a .gif of this counting down though.

Interestingly enough, the reveal trailer actually does show it counting down. We never actually see it count down in the finished product, it usually just cuts to when the number is lower.

Speaking of the reveal trailer, the beta minimap looked awful, it's basically just a sonar that can show you enemy placements and that's it......which is actually what Xenoblade 1's minimap was. 

Speaking of other beta things in the trailer, enemy locations might have been changed up a bit

Screenshot_20201211-122215.png?width=784

I don't recall those giant plant monsters being in Oblivia. Then again, i can't seem to recall this particular section. I've mentally mapped out most of the game but i can't recall this.

Nice RexRex image BTW.

Indeed. It's probably the best "official" art of Rex there is imo.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Frosties just don't taste like what Five Guys' offers at all, or that I could find anywhere else. I think they're supposed to be milkshakes, but they're taste so terribly fake that I do not consider them the real thing in the slightest. And to think I once liked them, I didn't know any better.

I'm pretty sure you aren't actually supposed to drink Frosties. I know because i tried and it didn't work.

I think they're more like ice cream.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This reminds me:

Screen-Shot-2020-12-11-at-11-53-06-AM.pn

...How I feel the "it would likely prove" is hiding an "it was"?

That second sentence of that description brings this to mind

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't believe i live in a world where people think Burger King is better than McDonald's. Smh.

Where do you live?

I've never liked McDonald's. Always preferred... practically anything else. Carl's Jr, Burger King... with Jack-in-the-Box being my outright favorite of the bunch.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Florida unfortunately.

We don't have Carl's Jr or Jack-in-the-Box this side of the country so idk how good those are.

Don’t you have Hardee’s?

Edited by Sooks

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of other beta things in the trailer, enemy locations might have been changed up a bit

Screenshot_20201211-122215.png?width=784

I don't recall those giant plant monsters being in Oblivia. Then again, i can't seem to recall this particular section. I've mentally mapped out most of the game but i can't recall this.

Filiiavents (which are actually Piscinoids, not Insectoids like Germivores, they're not imitation flowers, they're gargantuan sea anemones) don't appear in Oblivia in the final game. There are giant things in the Ibra Ravine (and Sea Whisper Valley?) which look kinda like them, but they're all harmless plants. Would've been great for one of them to appear in Oblivia around that area during some form of weather.

There was a level 32 Simius Tyrant in Primordia that got dropped from the final game, their name would've translated as "Bruno, the Iron Fist".

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t you have Hardee’s?

I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Filiiavents (which are actually Piscinoids, not Insectoids like Germivores, they're not imitation flowers, they're gargantuan sea anemones)

Mira's biggest mystery is why these gargantuan sea anemones live outside of the water.

I mean, I guess their few appearances are close to water. The sole Filiiavent in Sylvalum, which is also a Tyrant, is found in Lake Ciel and the rest are in Cauldros in White Phosphor Lake, which is close to the shore.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think so.

Looking at various maps shows that the only place in the U.S. that doesn’t have Carl’s Jr. or Hardee’s is the northeast, and Florida is well behind the Hardee’s line so it’s somewhere in the state. Whether it is near your location I do not know, but what I do know is that Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. are the same place so if you ever wanted to try it you might be able to find it.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mira's biggest mystery is why these gargantuan sea anemones live outside of the water.

I mean, I guess their few appearances are close to water. The sole Filiiavent in Sylvalum, which is also a Tyrant, is found in Lake Ciel and the rest are in Cauldros in White Phosphor Lake, which is close to the shore.

Why is the Eryth Sea covered in coral thats not in water? Because, Monolith has yet to figure out how to extend their wonderful open(ish) worlds to under the seas. Therefore, if they want to represent the aquatic aspect of the natural world, they have to bring things that look fishy out of the fresh and saline depths.

As for the White Phosphor Lake Filiavents, extremophile organisms, including tube worms -which aren't microorganisms- :

Spoiler

440px-Riftia_tube_worm_colony_Galapagos_

exist thousands of yards and tons of pressure under the ocean by hydrothermal vents. Who is to say the Filiavents haven't adapted to thrive on the chemical soup the lake consists of? Also, there is one unusually small Filiavent at the Ensanguined Font in Noctilum.

And, out of a little curiosity, I only just noticed what the Japanese for Tyrant is. Spelled in Katakana, it's either "Obado" or "Overed", which apparently has no better translation. Unique Monsters, also written in Katakana, are called the English words "Unique Monsters" in Japanese. Overed sounds bad. Is it supposed to be enemies that are "over the power" of the common enemies? Or is this a bad transliteration of the English word "Overlord"? Overlord would explain the choice to rename them Tyrants, but why did the localizers change it to Tyrant then, "Overlord" sounded too dramatic?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Embrace the Thread

you call a PME

Gaze upon user edited units

A legay of stats, a familiar set of skills

Sing with me a Song of Lunatic and Edits

The Player shall crack beneath it's weight

Units break through the map,

Bright as a Stone, lost in the game

all alone

On 12/10/2020 at 12:28 PM, Sooks said:

I just want to point out that this exists. Thank you Shrow.

You're welcome 😘

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My character is now officially involved with every single in Pelican Town. Hooray...

You've finally completed the polygamy?

Did you get the rabbit's foot for good luck?

1 minute ago, Shrow said:

You've finally completed the polygamy?

I’m almost there, in order for the game to fully recognize you as a polygamist you have to get everyone to ten hearts in order to see their special scenes, and Elliot is only at nine, while Alex is only at eight. Everyone else is at ten though.

Did you get the rabbit's foot for good luck?

Already used it for the gals! Just have to finish up the two guys’ scenes and then I can use it for them as well.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Shrow said:

You got the gay relationships going too?

Your character is a real stud.

I said before I like to go for 100% completion. Which means every relationship in this case.

And yeah he is, he’s with twelve different people.