• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Shit dude, what happened?

This whole fucking year Shrow, and the fact that I am excepted to have the patience and mercy of a Saint while being stabbed in the fucking back.

That’s the third legendary fish! Two left but I will have to wait til winter to get the last one...

16 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I am so fucking sick of people being selfish.

I second Shrow’s post, what happened?

Edit: ninja’d by the response post, oops...

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s the third legendary fish! Two left but I will have to wait til winter to get the last one...

I second Shrow’s post, what happened?

Edit: ninja’d by the response post, oops...

I got stabbed in the back by someone I held dear.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

This whole fucking year Shrow, and the fact that I am excepted to have the patience and mercy of a Saint while being stabbed in the fucking back.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Sure sounds like it, give us some details.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I am very sorry to read that. People who won’t do that are out there though, and they are/will be there for you. It’s better that these things get over with so these toxic people can be out our lives/the issue can be noticed and worked upon, before anything worse could happen.

Also, 2020 is almost over, so you can pull through that!

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I’d rather not go into the details. It’s very personal to me and I just needed to get my feelings of frustration off my chest.

And that’s okay! Do whatever you need! (Within reason)

@Wraith Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. I hope things will improve for you soon!

---

Alright, I binged Danganronpa 2 today and I managed to finish it.
Game's fun! I'd say it's slightly worse than the first one, though.
Although it does do a better job to keep the culprits' identities secret than the first game did.

Though a lot of the gravity of one person murdering another is slightly lost when every two lines, either Monokuma or Usami interject to do/say something "funny".
The first game also had its fair share of humor, but they kept it to a minimum, and any humor on Monokuma's part was used to show how sadistic and twisted that bear truly is.
Not so in DR2. They made him a complete joke.

Also, the game is a lot more... innuendo-laden than its predecessor, and frequently engages in toilet humor. For example, there is a character who has exactly two characteristics:
1. he's loud
2. he loves defecating... and talking about how he loves it.

Now, I don't mind a little toilet humor or innuendo, but in a game that is about friends killing each other off... especially one so highly praised as Danganronpa, it just feels weirdly out of place. Especially with how frequent and prevalent it is.

In this regard, the first game did a much better job at keeping the atmosphere intact.

In general, I felt the characters in the first game were a lot more likeable overall.
Heck, even Byakuya was better than some characters in Danganronpa 2, because for all his snark, he at least had the brains to back it up, somewhat.
Now... Hiyoko on the other hand is just an unlikeable b****, who spends all her screentime either a.) being a selfish brat, or b.) insulting or bullying others, then complaining about when the other party fights back (this killed every chance she ever had of redeeming herself to me).
Other characters were just... loud. Entertaining, yes, but... when half your cast is a "loudmouth", it can get grating rather quickly.
As such, I... honestly didn't feel much about it when one of them kicked the bucket. In the first game, I was like "NOOOO!" everytime someone died. Here, I was just like "oh hey, I get to do an investigation again! Neat!"

Also, I didn't see the point in the class trials being four hours long. Each.
In the first game, they were an hour to an hour and a half, and I felt that length was perfect for something like this. Four hours (though you can take a break in-between, to be fair) is just grinding down my endurance and patience for the wide variety of minigames... of which there are a lot. Mostly hit or miss, but Logic Dive (where you have to essentially snowboard through an obstacle course - which wasn't in the first game) was ridiculously fun. I absolutely LOVED that one.

Sooo... yeah.
I did like my time with the game, even though my gripes are more numerous than they were in the first.

If I had to rank the games, I'd give Danganronpa 1 a 7 or 7.5, and Danganronpa 2 would get a 6.

Edited by DragonFlames

26 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So my brother finished Origami King...

He gave it a 8.5/10

Someone clearly hasn’t played OG Paper Mario... then again, neither have I. I just know they’re really unhappy with modern paper Mario, although that doesn’t actually make the games bad, just not old school paper Mario.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I posted a list of kewl fantasy for kool kids that I’m going to read in 2021.

I saw that, actually.

Back when I was a wee youth I used to read quite a bit, but I don’t really do it anymore. It is enjoyable and I do like reading, but since those days I’ve gotten into like video games, TV and a movie every now and then and I just prefer those as mediums enough to the point where I don’t go out of my way to look for books or anything. I only read if the plot and writing are impeccable (read: Harry Potter) and if the book hasn’t been turned into a movie or it has but I’ve heard the movie is horrible.

I joke, but actually that’s not true. I usually think the book is better than the movie, the only exception I’ve had with this is a Series of Unfortunate Events but only the Netflix adaptation.

Ah, reading... now I mostly write.

On that subject, I'm trying to do something new in my writing, but now I find myself stuck in dealing with how to proceed. Because I want to experiment in writing a gender bender plotline, but I'm unsure in terms of pronoun usage. Do I flip them on the basis of sex, or keep them the same on the basis of gender? I've seen fanfics who have done both.

Just writing ramblings...

I've also gotten back into writing these past few weeks.
Granted, it's mostly ideas so far, but I am on the verge of actually realizing one of them.

As far as reading is concerned, well...
I had to read Hartmann von Aue's Iwein (based on Chrétien de Troyes' Yvain ou le chevalier au lion) for a presentation I held on Tuesday, so... yeah, I think I got that covered.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Looking at various maps shows that the only place in the U.S. that doesn’t have Carl’s Jr. or Hardee’s is the northeast, and Florida is well behind the Hardee’s line so it’s somewhere in the state. Whether it is near your location I do not know, but what I do know is that Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. are the same place so if you ever wanted to try it you might be able to find it.

So turns out there are a few Hardee's around my city but Carl's Jr are nowhere in sight.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why is the Eryth Sea covered in coral thats not in water? Because, Monolith has yet to figure out how to extend their wonderful open(ish) worlds to under the seas. Therefore, if they want to represent the aquatic aspect of the natural world, they have to bring things that look fishy out of the fresh and saline depths.

I just thought of a new idea for that: Xenoblade X2 having an Atlantis-inspired continent. The anicent but advanced ruins within still have their air bubbles functional but if you wish to explore outside the walls, you'll have to do so in your newly modified underwater-compatible Skell.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I recently found this, heh...

It´s Mira. I ain't gotta explain shit | It's Magic. I Ain't Gotta Explain  Shit. | Know Your Meme

True lmao.

I actually do hope Xenoblade X2 doesn't explain everything. The big mysteries, sure, but theorizing the nature of Xenoblade X's world is honestly pretty fun.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

This would never happen, but the concept is nice.

We can only dream.

45 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So my brother finished Origami King...

He gave it a 8.5/10

Nice nice.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though a lot of the gravity of one person murdering another is slightly lost when every two lines, either Monokuma or Usami interject to do/say something "funny".

So what you're saying is Monokuma is an Oompa Loompa who breaks into a song and dance everytime someone is brutally murdered?

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Someone clearly hasn’t played OG Paper Mario... then again, neither have I. I just know they’re really unhappy with modern paper Mario, although that doesn’t actually make the games bad, just not old school paper Mario.

Origami King has a lot more in common with Super, by which I mean it's not really an RPG.

I'll say it again, if Sticker Star and Color Splash did not exist, Origami King would not have caused the stir it did. People would've just seen it as another Super Paper Mario.

Just now, Armagon said:

So what you're saying is Monokuma is an Oompa Loompa who breaks into a song and dance everytime someone is brutally murdered?

That is a good way to describe it, yes.
One of his voice lines in the first game is "Thrills, chills, KILLS!"

Despite his ridiculous looks, and goofy sound effects accompanying him, he is legitimately terrifying in Danganronpa 1.
In Danganronpa 2, that sense of dread is completely gone somehow.