Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, reading... now I mostly write.

On that subject, I'm trying to do something new in my writing, but now I find myself stuck in dealing with how to proceed. Because I want to experiment in writing a gender bender plotline, but I'm unsure in terms of pronoun usage. Do I flip them on the basis of sex, or keep them the same on the basis of gender? I've seen fanfics who have done both.

Just writing ramblings...

Whatever works best for the characters and the message. It’s your work.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So turns out there are a few Hardee's around my city but Carl's Jr are nowhere in sight.

They’re the same thing.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Whatever works best for the characters and the message. It’s your work.

Well, that's the thing. In itself it's not that important, so both can just work with it fine. Hence why I'm having trouble deciding. Although, hmm... there may be something...

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Despite his ridiculous looks, and goofy sound effects accompanying him, he is legitimately terrifying in Danganronpa 1.
In Danganronpa 2, that sense of dread is completely gone somehow.

Sounds like they went too far in the funny direction for the second game.

The fact that he's a meme from what I've seen as an outsider suggests this.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200917_084930.jpg

Genuinely did not know that.

That’s why I mentioned it! It’s out there if you ever want to experience one of Acacia Sgt’s recommendations (TM) ZyJMGKG.jpg

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sounds like they went too far in the funny direction for the second game.

The fact that he's a meme from what I've seen as an outsider suggests this.

I could imagine that him becoming a meme in the first place had a lot to do with him being more funny in the second game.
Maybe the devs/writers saw the memes and said "hey, let's do that instead!"

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ya know i gotta play TTYD some day

You should! It's pretty good!
And this is coming from someone who doesn't really care for the Mario universe all that much.

Maybe I should get it again, too.
After all, Dolphin does run on my laptop. I can play PoR no problem.

Though right now, there's no real need to do so, since my Wii still works, but it is definitely good to know in case it (or the disc) decides to say "you know what? I'mma die now!"
Although it would come in handy for TTYD, since I don't actually own the game. A friend just lent it to me some years back, and after I finished it, I returned it to him.

Edited by DragonFlames

Things is, back before i got a strong PC, and my last console before current ones was a N64, i watched alot of LPs of PM/ttyd xD

Although it's more than half a decade away now since i last watched one haha, so i don't remember much, thankfully

Replying to this here, since I don't have a question to answer or ask

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think it’s because we don’t make classical music like you do, and when you’re actually playing it you should be able to notice the difference. Because the only people I know or know of who like classical music play it or played it at some point in time pr were alive in the 1800s. So... yeah I think it might have something to do with that.

You know at least one person who likes classical music and does not play any instruments.
Namely me! Thank you, grandpa.

Music that sounds the same to me is definitely modern pop.
Even the SINGERS all sound the same nowadays and in my humble opinion, they're not even that good.

Edited by DragonFlames

Praxis's Core Crystal is available for awakening, and I would prefer to use now to fill out her affinity chart sooner rather than later. Who should I give her core to? The last party member hasn't joined yet, so should I wait until then?

Oh yeah, Doom Eternal is finally on the Switch now too, I'll probably get it eventually since I enjoyed the previous game. Strangely enough it takes up less storage space than Doom 2016 did (17.5 GB vs. 22 GB), so it seems Panic Button got better at data compression since then.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Music that sounds the same to me is definitely modern pop.
Even the SINGERS all sound the same nowadays and in my humble opinion, they're not even that good.

I think the music that suffers from sounding the same the most is definitely country music.

I have heard some classical pieces that feel like they have their own identity, at least. Like the one Benice posted.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I think the music that suffers from sounding the same the most is definitely country music.

I've honestly only heard stories of this, since country isn't exactly popular (or very well known) where I live.

Except for that one time where Germany inexplicably went with a country song in the Eurovision Song Contest and half the country was suddenly crazy for country music.
... Until Germany deservedly got dead last.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I've honestly only heard stories of this, since country isn't exactly popular (or very well known) where I live.

Except for that one time where Germany inexplicably went with a country song in the Eurovision Song Contest and half the country was suddenly crazy for country music.
... Until Germany deservedly got dead last.

I live in the southern U.S. so it’s on all the radios xD

Or at the very least, what I hear in the car when my stepmom (the one who’s from here) is driving.

Either way it is very popular here. Idk what song Germany picked but imagine that a thousand times with slightly different lyrics.

And the lyrics themselves aren’t even that different! They’re all about someone’s dog/girlfriend/wife/mom dying/leaving.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

doesn't that happen like

every time? xD

Yep.
Except for that one time, somehow. I swear, the one year where Germany's song is actually the worst on the card, they win...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Either way it is very popular here. Idk what song Germany picked but imagine that a thousand times with slightly different lyrics.

Oh gods...
It was an original creation, I believe... but it was awful.

In terms of country, I like some John Denver, but anything else is just...Blah.

But my favorite song is 45 minutes long, so I can't judge.

Edited by Benice