Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That being said, I find it difficult to believe that the very first boss could take that long. Didn't you take advantage of the break system?

Idk man, Primrose's first boss took me 15 minutes despite doing everything right and given Ophelia is a support character, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened.

This is like the third time I talked about Primrose's first boss in such a short amount of time, I'll stop now.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20201221-112249.png

Really? That guy looks nothing like Python.
The only thing the have in common is that they both have blue hair.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Finally

2020122112450300-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

The mythical Giant Megalance Blade.

Crazy how it took me until Ch.8 to get one.

Huh, interesting! I had at least six of these lying around.
RNG is a funny thing indeed.

---

In any case, good day, everyone!

Also, I had the... er, pleasure of watching the Danganronpa 3 anime over the last few days.
There are two arcs to this, one is a prequel to the series (Despair Arc), and the other a sequel (Future Arc)...
The Despair Arc actually wasn't half bad, even though I found some things to be cop-outs, the pacing was off in some parts, and some of the scenes were waaaay to gory for my liking.
The Future Arc on the other hand, has to be one of, if not the absolute DUMBEST anime series I have ever seen in my life. And I sat through 12 episodes of Sword Art Online.
It's way too convoluted for its own good, none of the new characters introduced are likeable or memorable in the slightest, and they make the absolute worst and dumbest decisions at every turn (which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't presented as some kind of elite, not to mention the very organization that

Spoiler

intents to save the world.

And then there's the intended watch order.
One episode of Future -> one episode of Despair -> one episode of Future; rinse repeat until the end.
And then the final episode is its own thing, called Hope Arc (it's not much of arc, really... seeing how it's a single episode).

Also, only a few of the characters returning from the games retained their original voice actors. In some places, I actually liked the new VAs more, but in others, I felt like their old VA made the character who they are.
One character in particular (that I won't spoil, because it spoils who survives the first game) got hit especially hard. The new voice for this characters is just plain bad. I'm sure the actor themself is decent enough, but the direction on the character was just godawful, really.

Though it was a fun surprise to hear the voice of one of the people who made Dragon Ball Z Abridged come out of one of the wackier characters. He did an awesome job, too.

Easily the best part were the opening themes.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20201221-112249.png

I...don't see it, tbh.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In any case, good day, everyone!

tenor.gif?itemid=10548215

Hello!

I'd say good morning, but it's a tad late for that. So afternoon, everyone.

---------

Since the semester's finally over, I had the free time to finally play some Among Us on Switch and open up the FE1 Anniversary Edition.

Among Us controls well for the most part. I hate how the Switch on-screen keyboard is so slow to type messages though. And the game is just as susceptible to hackers, as it is on mobile and PC.

FE1 Anniversary Edition is really nice, I've gotta say. The art book in particular included quite a bit more than I expected as well as art I didn't want included but whatever. Overall a great set to pick up. I just wish the game wasn't limited release and the collector's editions weren't so scarce. The game itself is fine. I'd rather play FE3 or FE11 any day, but having it downloaded and ready to go for handheld is pretty neat, ngl.

The fe1 anniversary edition huh... I wasn’t sure if I should get it so I went with the standard six dollar edition.

I also finished watching Cyrus’ story in Octopath. Two down!

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Really the best part of that anime.

Yesh because almost everything else about the animr was straight trash. The DR3 was definitely an experience. Man has it already been 4 years? Damn

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Yesh because almost everything else about the animr was straight trash. The DR3 was definitely an experience. Man has it already been 4 years? Damn

Despair was decent, I thought (except for that one scene in Episode 10... you know the one - and even then, I thought the scene itself did what it set out to do... I just didn't like seeing... that), but Future was... horrifyingly stupid (except Episode 7, which I actually liked).
Have you played the games? I played DR1 and 2 and watched a playthrough of Ultra Despair Girls before getting into the anime.

Edited by DragonFlames

So Crossette's Affinity Chart is 99% complete and I decided to look up when her quest unlocks because that's the final piece I need.

Screenshot_20201221-133540.png

Why the fuck do I have to wait until the final chapter to do this when Crossette's quest exclusively takes place in Leftheria? Ch.6 should be the earliest this quest unlocks. Monolith why?

Anyways, as a fun bit of trivia, here's some references I didn't get the first time.

2020122113175900-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

This is a reference to KOS-MOS' name being a recursive acronym.

2020122113180800-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

And then this one is just obvious.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Meanwhile I just plain can't see it.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, me neither.

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Really? That guy looks nothing like Python.
The only thing the have in common is that they both have blue hair.

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I...don't see it, tbh.

He gives off the same vibe and looks somewhat similar.

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The Future Arc on the other hand, has to be one of, if not the absolute DUMBEST anime series I have ever seen in my life. And I sat through 12 episodes of Sword Art Online.

Oof.

Although tbh, I've seen shit that makes SAO look like a masterpiece in comparison.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oof.

Although tbh, I've seen shit that makes SAO look like a masterpiece in comparison.

Danganronpa 3 Future Arc does exactly that. xD
Also, in my defense, I haven't seen all too many anime yet. So I probably don't know many of the really bad (or really good) ones. xD

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Danganronpa 3 Future Arc does exactly that. xD

Anime adaptations of video games are either meh or awful. Don't think I've ever seen a good anime adaptation of a video game.

Anime for stuff like Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc, doesn't really count, they're basically their own things at this point.

Edit: I nearly forgot, Neptunia anime is good. But that's because it's not a straight adaptation.

Edited by Armagon

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So Crossette's Affinity Chart is 99% complete and I decided to look up when her quest unlocks because that's the final piece I need.

Screenshot_20201221-133540.png

Why the fuck do I have to wait until the final chapter to do this when Crossette's quest exclusively takes place in Leftheria? Ch.6 should be the earliest this quest unlocks. Monolith why?

Well... because, that's why.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Despair was decent, I thought (except for that one scene in Episode 10... you know the one - and even then, I thought the scene itself did what it set out to do... I just didn't like seeing... that), but Future was... horrifyingly stupid (except Episode 7, which I actually liked).
Have you played the games? I played DR1 and 2 and watched a playthrough of Ultra Despair Girls before getting into the anime.

Watched a let’s play of 1, played 2, despair girls, and V3. I’ve also read bits of the anthology manga(Leon did nothing wrong)

@Armagon I have a question: are you keeping track of the re releases of Pyra/Mythra's goodsmile figures? If so, would you mind pinging me in a post to let me know when they come out? I'm not always attentive to that kind of thing and I REALLY dont want to miss them! If it's too much to ask, that's okay.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Armagon I have a question: are you keeping track of the re releases of Pyra/Mythra's goodsmile figures? If so, would you mind pinging me in a post to let me know when they come out? I'm not always attentive to that kind of thing and I REALLY dont want to miss them! If it's too much to ask, that's okay.

I actually don't really keep track of merch in general so I'm afraid I can't help you there. Sorry.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you were planning on getting them from AmiAmi, I think preorders closed last month (Pyra/Mythra). I thought I recalled you mentioning that preorders opened "tomorrow" a while ago so I assumed you knew about it already. It seems KOS-MOS's figure is still available though.

I'm cool with this because they just brought back Boba Fett from EU purgatory so there's a whole world of stories to tell. Although I don't know how to feel about this being another Mando spin-off.