Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

59 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you were planning on getting them from AmiAmi, I think preorders closed last month (Pyra/Mythra). I thought I recalled you mentioning that preorders opened "tomorrow" a while ago so I assumed you knew about it already. It seems KOS-MOS's figure is still available though.

Oh, I thought they came out next month... I must have missed that, then! 

Edit: looking on their site, its next month, right?

Edit again: crap, its June. 

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, I thought they came out next month... I must have missed that, then! 

Edit: looking on their site, its next month, right?

Edit again: crap, its June. 

June is when they release, but I doubt you'll be able to get them if you didn't preorder them last month. Unless there are some factors about anime figures that I'm unaware of, that is, but I suppose there's an unlikely chance that more preorders will open later.

Someone here has played Bravely Default right? How would they rate it, and/or the second game? Could they recommend it?

——

All I’ve really done today was watched Tressa’s story. All of these stories have been surprisingly good (with the exception of Ophelia’s filler chapter that was moderately entertaining anyway), ranking them will be tough. Although with the bit revealed at the end of Tressa’s story, I know I’m somewhat closer to understanding the role of the super boss at the end beyond its role in the lore. I’m gonna have to Google those texts that show up when you beat a boss in the boss rush.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
Although I don't know how to feel about this being another Mando spin-off.

Isn’t the Mandalorian a spin-off itself?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t the Mandalorian a spin-off itself?

It's complicated.

The thing with Star Wars being a sandbox is that just because something isn't a movie doesn't necessarily mean it's a spin-off. You can categorize it, sure, but the line between spin-off and not spin-off is very blurred in this franchise. It comes down to the what. 

So to use The Mandalorian as an example, that show is not a spin-off. But Ahsoka, Rangers of the New Republic and now The Book of Boba Fett can be considered spin-offs because of how they are shows starting characters that had a side or minor role in The Mandalorian. 

Keep in mind I'm exclusively talking about the watchable medium. The books and comic books are a whole different can of worms.

47 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

June is when they release, but I doubt you'll be able to get them if you didn't preorder them last month. Unless there are some factors about anime figures that I'm unaware of, that is, but I suppose there's an unlikely chance that more preorders will open later.

Haha, if I have to pay up, I will. But thanks.

Edited by lightcosmo

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Someone here has played Bravely Default right? How would they rate it, and/or the second game? Could they recommend it?

The directors of Octopath Traveler were the producers of Bravely Default and Bravely Second. Aesthetically they're different, but they have a kind of rustic, picture book fantasy charm.

Instead of Boost, the games have the Brave and Default mechanic. Brave lets you take multiple actions in a given turn at the cost of BP. A character needs to be at least 0 BP to act on a given turn, you can store upwards of 4 BP, and can go as low as -3, but can only take up to four actions per turn. You gain 1 BP per turn. Default is a guard command that halves incoming damage and lets you store your BP for a later turn. 

Theres no equivalent to the Break mechanic.

There is a class system, with there being more total classes than in OT. Each of the four characters get to choose a main class and the set of commands (but not stats or equipment) from a second, in addition to passive slots from any classes.

Narratively, Bravely Default hews closely to the old 8- and 16-bit eras of JRPGs, particularly Final Fantasy with the emphasis on crystals. Bravely Second is freer to be itself storewise. The story in both games is more linear, no picking whichever order of chapters you want to do, though there is a number of sidequests in both games, indicated with blue exclamation points. Most of them provide access to optional jobs. Having a fixed cast of four, character interactions are far more prevalent.

Soundtracks are fairly good too.

Random encounters can be turned on and off at will, a neat mechanic. You can turn off EXP, JP, and money gain too if you don't want to overgrind in one or another.

Bravely Default is nefarious for being very repetitive halfway in, technically, much of the repetition is optional, but even so, it's odious. One shouldn't drop the game then and there though, as Bravely Second is a direct sequel to BD and will right away spoil the first game. One should grin and bear (or turn to YouTube) it and finish BD before starting BS, which learned from the great mistake and averted the hellish second half problem of the first game. Second overall is a refined and smoother experience compared to Default.

Do I recommend the Bravelys? I'm not their greatest fan, and the games aren't perfect, but you could them a try. Both have demos in the eShop, though Default's demo is bad for lack of narrative and kinda just throws you into it without much guidance. Still worth completing it and using a glitch to get more villagers for repairing Norende in the main game .:

Spoiler

Basically, after you beat the boss in the western dungeon, a person in town will offer you one free villager the next time you speak with him. The trick is to save your game before talking to him, speak and get the free villager, quit to the title, then reload and speak to him again in order to acquire as many villagers as you wish (up to 20).

Second's demo is better overall, and like the first game's, provides a handful of items when you transfer the data to the main game.

A number score? I'm not good with deciding on those. Sorry!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A number score? I'm not good with deciding on those. Sorry!

That’s okay, explained out thoughts are way better! And you knew instantly I was comparing to Octopath.

No break is interesting but if all three games (counting the one coming to switch) have demos then I can just try it. I already downloaded the demo on switch, so...

FINALLY! MIKLAN'S MAP IS DONE AFTER ABOUT EIGHT ATTEMPTS. And that's not hyperbole. I died so many times.

That was an awful experience. And I finished on turn 68 too, so I missed the best turncount. But hey, anything for the golden throne! AHAHAHGFGHJKLUJH

Edited by Benice

7 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Watched a let’s play of 1, played 2, despair girls, and V3. I’ve also read bits of the anthology manga

I see, I see!
I have yet to play V3, but I'm planning on it.
I would have played Ultra Despair Girls, but... the game being a third person shooter when I really do not like that kind of gameplay made me watch a playthrough of it. Story's pretty good, though!
I have yet to see that manga, maybe I will.

7 hours ago, Ottservia said:

(Leon did nothing wrong)

Wellllll (le spoilerz)

Spoiler

every court ever would disagree. And so would I.
If his killing of Sayaka really was in self-defense (as in, if she died during the initial attack, where she was the clear aggressor), then I would agree, kind of.
But... the second he deliberately went back to her room which was actually Makoto's room and killed her while she was hiding in the bathroom, that's when he lost his chance at claiming self-defense. Because at that point, it became straight up murder.

Unless the manga does something to change this, in which case, not a fan of the retcon.

Spoiler

But as things stand, this statement does not apply. Except ironically. If you meant it that way, then I apologize.

Also, fun fact:

Spoiler

The reason Sayaka and Leon died first: those two were the characters they used during the testing stages of the game. The devs simply got sick of seeing them.

XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Well, loud wind and rain woke me up at 3 AM, but whatever.

Good thing that I fell to sleep superearly yesterday.

Anyways I will LP Octopath Traveler once I have finished Robobot's True Arena (still couldn't unfortunately) and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Hopefully both can be done till the end of the year. Since I won't be busy whilst christmas days, I'd have the opportunity to do this.

Still considering buying 1st releases of Pyra/Mythra since I didn't keep mine mint.

Just now, Armagon said:

So since my friend gifted me Radiant Dawn, i decided it was time to finally finish what i started

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Good luck, you'll need it.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So since my friend gifted me Radiant Dawn, i decided it was time to finally finish what i started

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Enjoy!~

One of the best FE games, IMO.

———

Morning, Jules and Draggy. *waves*

Benice hasn’t given a dire warning to Armagon yet? Strange 😛

Anyway, that’s Olberic’s story watched and wrapped up, I have to say, it’s pretty easily my favorite so far. Sorry Saint Rubenio (what emoji best express a lighthearted apology? I don’t want to give off the wrong expression.).

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Well, loud wind and rain woke me up at 3 AM, but whatever.

Good thing that I fell to sleep superearly yesterday.

Anyways I will LP Octopath Traveler once I have finished Robobot's True Arena (still couldn't unfortunately) and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Hopefully both can be done till the end of the year. Since I won't be busy whilst christmas days, I'd have the opportunity to do this.

Good luck for all of those endeavors!

So, I take it you like LPing games?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Unless the manga does something to change this, in which case, not a fan of the retcon.

Fun fact:

Spoiler

In the anthology manga(which basically recounts each murder from the killer’s perspective) he doesn’t actually kill her. She kills herself and then pins it on him. Leon was actually trying to get her to calm down and talk things out. 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good luck for all of those endeavors!

So, I take it you like LPing games?

Thanks!

Well, I LP'ed some Fire Emblem hacks and different runs of Radiant Dawn in my older days here, but it became way less due to lack on freetime and losing interest in Fire Emblem to try other JRPG series instead. LPing Octopath Traveler would be a good opportunity to learn the game and maybe other series with similar gameplay like Final Fantasy.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Benice hasn’t given a dire warning to Armagon yet? Strange 😛

It's because i don't have a concrete opinion on Path of Radiance yet.

Don't worry, he'll come after me if i say it's good.