• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I made it to the second phase of Stardream Soul.

Also I'm aware how creepy the final boss will be (from the story content not gameplay aspect).

If people think Kirby is fun and joy, then they will get a lesson, it goes rather in the direction of Shin Megami Tensei.

I'm not convinced ever being able to beat the True Arena since I have massive struggle in the 3D shooter part.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

Path of Radiance really does go by quicker when you turn off animations. I'm already on Ch.6.

Just now, Jules Necrofantasia said:

If people think Kirby is fun and joy, then they will get a lesson, it goes rather in the direction of Shin Megami Tensei.

Kirby games have been like that for a long time. Cute and cuddly all the way but it ends with you fighting a Lovecraftian monster.

Yup, any final boss of a classic Kirby game after Dreamland 1 has been always a nightmare or any some kind of monster.

Spoiler

However killing a mutant human is a different thing... if you can hear the hurt scream once they were attacked.

I think the only non creepy final boss in Kirby I can think of, is Sectonia, whatever form you take into account.

Hooray! Cereal and Ingrid are now ingrid my house! I'm really needing them, since only Leonie, Gadget, Lysithea and Marianne are useable, in my squad-I'm using Raphael as well, but only because I like him. It certainly looks like I'll have to drop him at some point, though. I ended up having to do the Gautier Inheritance with just them, dropping Hilda, Ignatz, Lorenz and Sylvain. Cyril's gonna take a lot of work, but he's still better than almost everyone already in my house.

Also, Raphael is three points blessed in magic. Maybe I should make him a mage...

Anyways, random music post.

Yay, I could get cheesecake from the bakery.

Perfect way to start the day.

That Kirby video is fairly accurate.

I remember there was a video in which Kirby was ranked as the most powerful videogame character ever, and the internet crowd complained about it (naturally).

Edit: I found the video.

Kirby is #2 and it was by WatchMojo naturally.

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

I really, really, REALLY hate the scythe of Sariel.

I hate that there's no way to resolve that high crit early on.

With him countering everything except gambits, not to mention the half damage he takes from gambits, your high damage options are limited and the fact he likely doubles, it's apparent that he's a teacher in one of two ways: Fuck you or figure how to break him.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

With him countering everything except gambits, not to mention the half damage he takes from gambits, your high damage options are limited and the fact he likely doubles, it's apparent that he's a teacher in one of two ways: Fuck you or figure how to break him.

I realized that I'd goofed up my placement of my keys and spent over an hour figuring out how to get the key to the DK's door in time, managed to get it as well as figuring out how to get that one extra point of damage I needed without dying, only for the DK to land his 27% crit.

Take 2 is kind of going better. We'll see if it works out...

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I realized that I'd goofed up my placement of my keys and spent over an hour figuring out how to get the key to the DK's door in time, managed to get it as well as figuring out how to get that one extra point of damage I needed without dying, only for the DK to land his 27% crit.

Take 2 is kind of going better. We'll see if it works out...

Oh yeah Chapter 6.

You can use longer range to take out the other enemies, I did that to avoid facing him at all. What long range options do you have?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What long range options do you have?

One use of Thoron from Dorothea, although if I'd played the chapter better, I'd have planned to not face the DK and saved the other few uses.

I'm not saying that the deaths were entirely the games' fault, as I could have done much better...But dear lord, that crit rate didn't need to be there.

OH MY DEAR GOD, I SENT A DOOR KEY INSTEAD OF A CHEST KEY TO CONVOY.

Ergh...Unless the March Ring's essential to beating ch. 13, looks like I ain't getting it.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

One use of Thoron from Dorothea, although if I'd played the chapter better, I'd have planned to not face the DK and saved the other few uses.

I'm not saying that the deaths were entirely the games' fault, as I could have done much better...But dear lord, that crit rate didn't need to be there.

Is there anyone who has archer and increased range bow skills?

I'm assuming no Deadeye.

March Ring isn't essential outside of LTC clears I assume. It'd be a shame to not get, but I don't blame you, 6 can be tedious to go through.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is there anyone who has archer and increased range bow skills?

Normally, yes. Normally, I'd have Claude, who'd do the job quite well. Sadly, he's not available in this chapter. Claude is ruining my life even when he's not there!

Anyways, my brain is obviously way too tired to focus right now since I botched the end a third time in a row, so I'd best turn in. 'Night, all!

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Hooray! Cereal and Ingrid are now ingrid my house! I'm really needing them, since only Leonie, Gadget, Lysithea and Marianne are useable, in my squad-I'm using Raphael as well, but only because I like him. It certainly looks like I'll have to drop him at some point, though. I ended up having to do the Gautier Inheritance with just them, dropping Hilda, Ignatz, Lorenz and Sylvain. Cyril's gonna take a lot of work, but he's still better than almost everyone already in my house.

A bad Hilda? That’s the first I’ve ever heard of that.

But other than that, I see your avatar with that Golden Deer girl harem.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, Raphael is three points blessed in magic. Maybe I should make him a mage...

Being magic blessed doesn’t fix an awful spell list.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Why crit should be abolished from fe.

3 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Since True Arena seems to be longer project - thanks to my fails - I think to start with Octopath Traveler now.

I don't know if it's the right game against gaming frustration, but I'll see...

Good luck! Cyrus should give you an easy time, but if someone else catches your eye that’s cool too.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Gadget

Who?

8 hours ago, Benice said:

It certainly looks like I'll have to drop him at some point, though. I ended up having to do the Gautier Inheritance with just them, dropping Hilda, Ignatz, Lorenz and Sylvain. Cyril's gonna take a lot of work, but he's still better than almost everyone already in my house.

Just use the auxiliary battles to bring your lagging units up to speed. Lowmanning is not likely to be a viable strategy for maddening.

Although at least you're not breaking the game like you mentioned before.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

OH MY DEAR GOD, I SENT A DOOR KEY INSTEAD OF A CHEST KEY TO CONVOY.

You know you can access the convoy with Byleth any time, right?

Morning, everyone. *waves*

Edited by twilitfalchion