• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Got my dentist appointment done nice and early, all went well. Every six months I'm like "Was I vigilant enough?! Did my occasional skipped morning brushing going to doom me to failure this time?!" There hasn't been a problem in years, and my nervousness is downright paranoia, but complacency is the enemy of all, and the friend of cavities or worse.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, about that Shiver Star...

I loved the shopping mall level as a kid, so colorful. The subsequent factory one gave me trouble trying to not get pressed (the music was good though).

Considering yesterday was the official start of Northern Hemispheric Winter, maybe a little appropriate Kirby music:

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Got my dentist appointment done nice and early, all went well. Every six months I'm like "Was I vigilant enough?! Did my occasional skipped morning brushing going to doom me to failure this time?!" There hasn't been a problem in years, and my nervousness is downright paranoia, but complacency is the enemy of all, and the friend of cavities or worse.

I feel this, except I actually did end up having a cavity. But like, it never hurt so I didn't realize one was forming until I could see it in the mirror. Got big enough to where a simple filling wasn't gonna cover it but thankfully, I did not need a root canal.

But even since then, I get paranoid whenever I occasionally forget to brush my teeth either out of laziness or i just got caught up in the day.

Giving more christmas mood:

Totally unrelated, I found the thick eyebrown of the snowman enemy in the Kirby series absolutely hilarious.

Btw I have beaten the first boss in Cyrus's story.

Will present the result tomorrow since fricking True Arena captured me.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I feel this, except I actually did end up having a cavity. But like, it never hurt so I didn't realize one was forming until I could see it in the mirror. Got big enough to where a simple filling wasn't gonna cover it but thankfully, I did not need a root canal.

But even since then, I get paranoid whenever I occasionally forget to brush my teeth either out of laziness or i just got caught up in the day.

Well gosh you've made me paranoid now. I use to have a dental plan that allowed me to see the dentist on small payments but I haven't seen the dentist in a while due to not being on a plan anymore. I outta start flossing my teeth at least once every week just to be sure.

So funny story. I watched Chuggaaconry's latest episode on his Xenoblade 2 let's play last night and through it, I discovered a Unique Monster I never knew existed. So I went to my main file to make sure and yep

IMG_20201222_114430.jpg

This guy eluded me for three years. He was just hiding away in this little den in Temperantia this whole time and I was completely unaware.

The reason Chugga went to this place is because there is a chest here you can dig up that contains three Shining Star Chips, which are post-game-tier Core Chips. Since you can do this long before beating the main game, you can sneak your way in (best with Tora since his small size renders him undetectable by Clive) and dig it up and essentially earn yourself a win button.

Anyways I killed Clive

IMG_20201222_114432.jpg

15 minutes ago, Shrow said:

I outta start flossing my teeth at least once every week just to be sure.

Also regularly use mouth wash if you wanna be extra safe.

23 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Well gosh you've made me paranoid now. I use to have a dental plan that allowed me to see the dentist on small payments but I haven't seen the dentist in a while due to not being on a plan anymore. I outta start flossing my teeth at least once every week just to be sure.

You should brush your teeth, floss and use mouth wash at least twice a day.

I finally uploaded the first part of my LP to youtube! I'm not gonna post links again for it, but I just wanted to let people know it existed. This first part is admittedly a bit of a mess, but the next two fix both my awful decision-making and the audio imbalance. 

Ruben might appreciate my major fuckup, haha

57 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh no, what happened?

Oh I just had to spend a bit of time getting my dock to work because this morning it decided it didn’t want to. It was nothing serious, like usual, but Nintendo’s hardware has been surprisingly low quality this generation, imo.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nintendo’s hardware has been surprisingly low quality this generation, imo.

Agreed with Joy-Cons but idk about the rest. The Switch is pretty durable and the Pro Controller's battery life is insane. Can go weeks without charging it.

I've never had any problems with the dock either.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh I just had to spend a bit of time getting my dock to work because this morning it decided it didn’t want to. It was nothing serious, like usual, but Nintendo’s hardware has been surprisingly low quality this generation, imo.

Yeah, the dock issues aren't something I've heard, what was the problem?

51 minutes ago, Spara said:

I finally uploaded the first part of my LP to youtube! I'm not gonna post links again for it, but I just wanted to let people know it existed. This first part is admittedly a bit of a mess, but the next two fix both my awful decision-making and the audio imbalance. 

Awesome. I'll keep an eye on this. I really am curious to see how exactly you're going to have Sherlock, Aegina and Christine down Larentia on their own before she flies to Reese.

51 minutes ago, Spara said:

Ruben might appreciate my major fuckup, haha

It was some pretty bad luck on your part. I appreciated Reese critting Benner to injury more. Gave me some good memories.

I was half expecting Ward to kill Ritchens by accident, though.

https://youtu.be/mLwxf5flPCc

It won’t embed itself because of course.

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, the dock issues aren't something I've heard, what was the problem?

I don’t actually know, I just did what it said to on their help website. Stuff like this just happens fairly often, and I don’t just mean with the dock, although I did have one just stop working one morning when I barely even touched it. And everyone knows about the hecking joy-cons.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

A bad Hilda? That’s the first I’ve ever heard of that.

I admittedly haven't been too diligent in using her, but Seal Speed aside, she's been not so good, and Seal speed hasn't really helped that much when she gets ORKO'd if I let her use it.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

But other than that, I see your avatar with that Golden Deer girl harem.

Funilly enough, I don't think any of them can support F!Byleth. Actually, I think Dorothea can, since I've also picked up her and Mercedes. Now I just need Linhardt and Petra.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Why crit should be abolished from fe.

Yep. Although this one could have easily been resolved by just not giving the Scythe a huge crit rate.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Just use the auxiliary battles to bring your lagging units up to speed.

I will beat maddening with no grinding, even if it's the last thing I do!

Lowmanning is not likely to be a viable strategy for maddening.

As far as I can tell, it's the only viable strategy in maddening. Because all of your units start off more or less the same due to their universally low bases and Maddening enemies barely give exp, not everyone will be able to stay with the team-And anyone RNG cursed is likely to be useless, at least from what I've seen. I've had to poach so many units form other houses because I had only three combat worthy units: Byleth, Leonie and Lysithea. I also had Raphael because I want to even though he's been terrible. That said, distributing exp evenly, (as I did) in chapters 2 and 3 is okay, since even though all of your units are pitiful, the enemies aren't in tough positions. Chapter 4 was when things started to really get tough because of the hecking mages and their 12 AS doubling everyone but Byleth or some of my units with rally speed. And chapter 5 was really terrible because of poison strike. Chapter 6 itself is really easy, but I really wanna have the march ring just in case, but I always end up burning all of my DP's on those hecking warp pads.

Although at least you're not breaking the game like you mentioned before.

It's certainly not easy, although it is definitely the worst designed difficulty I've seen in any FE I've played.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

You know you can access the convoy with Byleth any time, right?

Byleth is stuck in lingo with the warp pads...

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's certainly not easy, although it is definitely the worst designed difficulty I've seen in any FE I've played.

I can't wait to see your reaction to if/when you get to Awakening Lunatic+.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

On the topic of the Switch: yeah the joycons are garbage, but other than that, it's alright. A huge improvement over the WiiU, easily, not that that takes too much.

The Wii U was fine, it was just very hurt by terrible marketing and lack of third party support.

Octopath is grind-heavy, so there's the endgame problem

Really irritated that selected members of my team have the lovely proposition of coming to work on Friday. If the schedulers had half a brain and were driving occupancy (i.e, persons over the phones, ON CHRISTMAS DAY NO LESS), they'd have the entire roster of people under me report for work, not just five people.

Edited by Karimlan