Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I feel this, except I actually did end up having a cavity. But like, it never hurt so I didn't realize one was forming until I could see it in the mirror. Got big enough to where a simple filling wasn't gonna cover it but thankfully, I did not need a root canal.

I actually have one, and like one cavity I think from childhood. I was utter hellspawn when it came to dental visits as a kid. It's the canal plus a family history of bad teeth and pressures to learn from the unfortunate circumstances of the prior generations that gives me nerves.

3 hours ago, Shrow said:

I outta start flossing my teeth at least once every week just to be sure.

I use floss picks once a night, as I simply can't figure out how to use regular floss, they're not as good, but they do something. I also try to use my water flosser (it shoots a pressurized stream of water at and in-between your teeth) at least every other day. It's noisy, but I think it helps.

3 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Giving more christmas mood:

Totally unrelated, I found the thick eyebrown of the snowman enemy in the Kirby series absolutely hilarious.

Thank you for finding this! ☃️

And, I get what you mean with Chilly.

Chilly_Super_Star.png

It's got personality.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Wii U was fine, it was just very hurt by terrible marketing and lack of third party support.

I've had the gamepad lockup on me so many times, that and errors while playing games. 

Maybe I just have poor luck? I've encountered that issue with Sony as well, so maybe it really is just me!

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's the canal plus a family history of bad teeth and pressures to learn from the unfortunate circumstances of the prior generations that gives me nerves.

I can relate, my family has a history of diabetes, which puts extra pressure on me eating healthy. Which sucks because I'm a picky eater.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

as I simply can't figure out how to use regular floss,

Same. I can easily floss the front teeth but I have no idea how the hell you're supposed to floss the back teeth. Which is why I floss the front teeth and mouthwash the rest cause that's better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I can't wait to see your reaction to if/when you get to Awakening Lunatic+.

Yeah, that's gonna be something. I did say of the ones I've played, because I know Thracia gets frisky at parts and Awakening Lunatic/+ is something. I think Awakening is also fond of Ambush spawns from behind, but I don't remember.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, that's gonna be something. I did say of the ones I've played, because I know Thracia gets frisky at parts and Awakening Lunatic/+ is something. I think Awakening is also fond of Ambush spawns from behind, but I don't remember.

I can only beat Awakening on Hard mode. I don’t have the time/sanity to try it on Lunatic.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I also try to use my water flosser

Wait this is a thing!?!?!? Water flosser sounds efficient, also not sure how to quote on previous pages  but I will keep in mind to use mouth wash as well.
Never thought i''d get teeth cleaning advice here but i'll take it!

Edited by Shrow

Uhhh how old is Simeon supposed to be in those flashbacks and what was the nature of his relationship with Primrose...

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can relate, my family has a history of diabetes

Same.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait what? You actually plan to play lunatic+? Do you just enjoy suffering, or..?

The game isn’t even fun on hard mode. Who designed those maps?

I can’t imagine playing through Awakening again period, especially on anything above normal.

And the gameplay was so good in the early game too, and the story had such potential, what a shame...

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

FE games in general haven't done difficulty well on anything above hard in most cases.

Big agree. Only exceptions to this are SoV and Sacred Stones (and maybe PoR, I feel like I may have made a mistake on picking Normal because I usually go with the middle difficulty).

Although I'd say turn-based RPGs in general suck at getting the highest difficulty right.

It's the Steam Winter Sale already...

Gah! I've still not finished my CK2 playthrough. I wanted to be done with it by now so I could buy EU4 on the sale and continue my planned mega-campaign. Well, I can still get EU4 now, hmm...

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

PoR, I feel like I may have made a mistake on picking Normal because I usually go with the middle difficulty).

PoR's difficulty scaling is actually pretty fair. It's mostly just buffed enemies and higher enemy counts. By FE standards not terribly difficult, but still a decent challenge.

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I mean fair, balanced difficulty. No FE game has really done that on anything above hard.

New Mystery of the Emblem.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Big agree. Only exceptions to this are SoV and Sacred Stones (and maybe PoR, I feel like I may have made a mistake on picking Normal because I usually go with the middle difficulty).

I don't know, I would argue Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance fumble in the opposite way: they're so lacking in difficulty that they become boring and tedious if a challenge's what you're looking for.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve heard good things about Shadow Dragon’s. I’ve never played the game though.

Shadow Dragon's hardest difficulty? Uh, no. Shadow Dragon's biggest difficulty is a stat inflated slog with terrible earlygame bosses. It's probably not as terrible as Three Houses Maddening, for example, but it's not great.

Shadow Dragon is still awesome because there's 5 difficulty options, so there's something for everyone. If NMotE didn't exist, I'd argue that it handles difficulties the best, simply because there's so many options to choose from. Also, it's better than the Book 1 alternatives in almost every way. I highly recommend it.