• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Big agree. Only exceptions to this are SoV and Sacred Stones (and maybe PoR, I feel like I may have made a mistake on picking Normal because I usually go with the middle difficulty).

PoR Hard is actually very fair. It just leans towards tedious with the amount of enemies and how buff they are.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

New Mystery of the Emblem.

Ambush spawns in an already harder FE game isn't fun or fair, IMHO.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Conquest

From what I've heard, Conquest can be masochistic with how it handles difficulty. Might depend on the person playing it though.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, I would argue Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance fumble in the opposite way: they're so lacking in difficulty that they become boring and tedious if a challenge's what you're looking for.

Tbh, I'd rather play a piss easy game over a batshit insanely hard one.

That's not to say I don't love a good challenge, but even with Sacred Stones and PoR being easy on their highest difficulties, I'd still take that over vanilla Binding Blade Hard or Conquest Lunatic.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Inevitable end

Only on 2 maps, one of which is the final map on enemies that can be one shotted

I don't see your point 😛

Edited by Father Shrimpas

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's not to say I don't love a good challenge, but even with Sacred Stones and PoR being easy on their highest difficulties, I'd still take that over vanilla Binding Blade Hard or Conquest Lunatic.

Agreed. Challenge is good, but not to where I'm tearing my hair out over it.

Edited by twilitfalchion

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Agreed. Challenge is good, but not to where I'm tearing my hair out over it.

It depends on the game for me personally. If the difficulty is well designed and fair(ie monster hunter, dark souls, code vein, conquest, octopath, etc.) then fine I prefer it to a more easy experience because personally I like games that make me think and strategize. Now if the game is bullshit difficult then yeah I’d rather be playing something easier cause at least then I’m having fun.

14 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It's batshit insanely hard yes, but not one unfair thing in it

I really don’t think the fox map is fair, but I do love me some conquest!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I really don’t think the fox map is fair, but I do love me some conquest!

It's one of the worst map ever existing yes, but i wouldn't call unfair

On another matter, i've been thinking of doing a new cyoa, after dropping the last one due to me dropping trails...

Or maybe i should pick up the old one again hmmm

9 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It depends on the game for me personally. If the difficulty is well designed and fair(ie monster hunter, dark souls, code vein, conquest, octopath, etc.) then fine I prefer it to a more easy experience because personally I like games that make me think and strategize.

I agree with this as well but I should probably clarify it's a matter of patience. 

To use Conquest as an example again, I do not have the patience to go through Lunatic. Conquest Hard was already difficult enough for me already, I ain't playing a harder version of it.

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fair enough. Personally, though, I find both to be equally unbearable. Too difficult in the wrong ways, and I grow frustrated, lose motivation and move on to something I can actually enjoy. Too easy in the wrong ways, and I find myself droning out and wondering why I'm wasting my time with something so inane, then move on to something I can actually enjoy.

FE does both things well and wrong, I think. PoR and SS are examples of bad easy. Maddening 3H is an example of bad hard. NMotE is an example of good hard. TearRing Saga is an example of good easy. Then there's stuff like Berwick Saga and non-H5 SD, which are kind of in the middle (though I'd argue Berwick leans towards hard), which is good too. This, all in my humble opinion, of course.

I hesitate to try lunatic conquest because I just have literally no clue how I would progress in those later chapters. Like oh god Takumi’s wall map.

But @Father Shrimpas, I’ve heard that conquest lunatic stacks OP skills on enemies. Is that true?

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It's one of the worst map ever existing yes, but i wouldn't call unfair

I can see that, but I think the ability to be completely immune to attack on player phase with the ability to move and then attack on enemy phase is. Although at the least the game sorta kinda tells you this, unlike other FEs with their unfair difficulty bits...

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

On another matter, i've been thinking of doing a new cyoa, after dropping the last one due to me dropping trails...

Or maybe i should pick up the old one again hmmm

A CYOA hm? Where would that be?

A CYOA hm? Where would that be?

old CYOA of mine that i dropped after my Trails meltdown

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve heard that conquest lunatic stacks OP skills on enemies. Is that true?

No.

Conquest Lunatic does give some generic enemies 1 or 2 more skills, but aside from late game bosses you won't see skill stacking to the max

Also Hard stats and Lunatic stats are the same. Only skills, positions and Dragon veins are different

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

old CYOA of mine that i dropped after my Trails meltdown

Ah forum games.

But meltdown? It wasn’t that extreme, was it?

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Also Hard stats and Lunatic stats are the same. Only skills, positions and Dragon veins are different

All three of those things sound like they would change the strategy. xD

Just kidding, we all know nothing can stop Xander + Charlotte and Bowzu clearing house.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But meltdown? It wasn’t that extreme, was it?

....it was more extreme that you would imagine lol

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Xander + Charlotte

lel

Xander gets destroyed by any 2 magic attacks and don't forget skills lol

Bowzu

only on PP since her defences are made of paper (like most units)