Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Re: Hardest difficulties in FE, in my terrible opinion, it's

Berwick Saga>FE6>FE11>FE8>FE7>FE16>>>FE9

I do agree that the series has not done a good job with hard difficulties. Why can't we have a hard difficulty that isn't just ambush spawns and stat inflation? I hope the next FE's HMs take a page from SD, (Having a lot of them) Conquest, (skills, low defenses on everyone but armor knights) and Berwick Saga, (Almost nonexistent stats, skills defining a unit rather than stats). but I doubt that it'll ever happen.

Edited by Benice

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

low defenses on everyone but armor knights

and Xander, but he dies from 2 magic attacks

It's not exactly that defenses are low, but HP values are super low (the HP values you see endgame in Conquest are ones you usually see midgame in most FE, your average HP engame will be like 35) with high Atk values and Attack stance and lotsa debuff skills and weapons, which makes units more frail than they look like.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I agree with this as well but I should probably clarify it's a matter of patience. 

To use Conquest as an example again, I do not have the patience to go through Lunatic. Conquest Hard was already difficult enough for me already, I ain't playing a harder version of it.

Hey, this is me! 

On topic: the only difficult games I play are KH, which may or may not be fun depending on which one, and thats...  really it. Well, ones that have mode selections anyways. 

I dont play FE on higher difficulties, they just arent fun to me.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE6

Why?

Why!?!?

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

and Xander, but he dies from 2 magic attacks

I haven’t had this experience.

Those lunatic mages must be something...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I haven’t had this experience.

Those lunatic mages must be something...

I've had this experience even on hard xD

And it doesn't even need mages, but any 2 attacks from a magical weapon  user will kill him

in his join chapter Xander can die very easily by the shining bow guy

MMRXmTb.png

And that's with a Res pair up

without Res pair up that guy + one physical attack will kill xander

on his join chapter

His performance in Octopath is the first time I’ve heard Cyril’s VA say a sentence that doesn’t have “Lady Rhea” in it.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I've had this experience even on hard xD

And it doesn't even need mages, but any 2 attacks from a magical weapon  user will kill him

in his join chapter Xander can die very easily by the shining bow guy

MMRXmTb.png

And that's with a Res pair up

without Res pair up that guy + one physical attack will kill xander

on his join chapter

Oh I had Xander avoid most enemies in his join chapter, since his defense with pair up was so high that enemies wouldn’t attack him, the high move was nice for getting those green units.

You know, on the subject of CYOA's, I've always found fun those that are collaborative, kinda like that RCYOA Anon has. But I mean those that go even beyond that. Where it's not just one single story. Every option is free to be written, so you end with a patchwork of countless stories should every option is used, but it can be an interesting excersice.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh I had Xander avoid most enemies in his join chapter, since his defense with pair up was so high that enemies wouldn’t attack him, the high move was nice for getting those green units.

Here's the thing: Xander can one shot the annoying staffers on the map. If i don't use himi will waste turns playing defensively which means getting less money, since every turn costs you 300 gold

Also from the way you talk you seem more like trying to EP, while usually try to PP xD

Edited by Father Shrimpas

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Also from the way you talk you seem more like trying to EP, while usually try to PP xD

You can’t talk to the green units on Enemy Phase 😉

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Marcus and chapter 21.

Marcus is a bandaid solution for the early game and chapter 21 might be one of the worst chapters in all fe, imho.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As it is, that's what I've been writing mostly for.

Writing what? For what?

Anyway shrimpy, I’ll be on the lookout for anyway CYOAs!

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

My current CYOA idea: Jeralt runs away not only from Rhea, but all of fodlan, and lands in another FE continent and CYOA stuff happens

should i proceed?

How about he lands in Albinea, since all we know about it is that it has berries and is to the west of Fodlan?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Writing what? For what?

A CYOA-esque thing where everyone is free to continue with any branching option. It's FE-centered. I'd link it, but... I'm not fully comfortable with the idea, haha. One day, maybe...

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

My current CYOA idea: Jeralt runs away not only from Rhea, but all of fodlan, and lands in another FE continent and CYOA stuff happens

should i proceed?

Go meme on this. He ends in Skyrim.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Marcus is a bandaid solution for the early game and chapter 21 might be one of the worst chapters in all fe, imho.

You haven't played HM yet, though.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A CYOA-esque thing where everyone is free to continue with any branching option. It's FE-centered. I'd link it, but... I'm not fully comfortable with the idea, haha. One day, maybe...

That’s okay and understandable!

I used to enjoy writing, but I haven’t had an idea since... whenever the last time I had an idea was, which was a long time ago.

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Jeralt's farming adventures XD

Stardew Valley was in Albinea this whole time!

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

You haven't played HM yet, though.

If Hard Mode chapter 21 is better than normal mode’s I will eat a tomato.

Edited by Sooks

Also I'm being a bit selfish there. There's only like, one other person who writes for it regularly other than me, and overall there's only like two-three others who may write from time to time. So I want less people involved so no ones beats me to the choices I want to write for.