• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I just watched Kiki’s Delivery Service with my girlfriend for the first time. I didn’t know my cold, dead blackened heart could still feel a tiny bit of warmth.

Edited by Wraith

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

I just realized that the only game I've ever 100%'d is Kirby's Epic Yarn.

...What am I doing with my life?

100%ing isn’t that important. Go start a business!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ch.17 in PoR is a Fog of War map. I was wondering when one would show up.

PoR doesn't do Fog of War, except for two chapters, and both only on Hard or Japan-only Maniac (however Chapter 17 is painful to identify the specific terrain of due to an endless sea of grey and black). The two chapters that get FoW are Chapter 5, the defense of the GM's home, and Chapter 14, the unremarkable rural Begnion sidejob with Makalov to recruit. RD has more FoW, and it appears on all difficulties.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah.

I did it right before the desert chapter tho lmao. It do be like that sometimes.

You're reminding me of Cecilia. Why'd a Valkyrie whose stats I wish were her predecessor's have to be a forced-deployment in the desert chapter?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

This is a PSA: Play Age of Calamity.

Maybe next year, given the miracle of a sale. I'm feeling you have to be invested in the characters of BotW to enjoy it, and I've not the investment with them.

Although, because I don't have an emotional stake in BotW's narrative, I could be not so turned off by time shenanigans the way some others are.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I'm actually looking forward to the story. It's gotta be better than the same old same old of most Zelda games.

True, Zelda sets a low bar for plot. Both HWs likely (as I can't judge a game I haven't played) have better than what a majority of mainline Zeldas have.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

PoR doesn't do Fog of War, except for two chapters, and both only on Hard or Japan-only Maniac (however Chapter 17 is painful to identify the specific terrain of due to an endless sea of grey and black). The two chapters that get FoW are Chapter 5, the defense of the GM's home, and Chapter 14, the unremarkable rural Begnion sidejob with Makalov to recruit. RD has more FoW, and it appears on all difficulties.

Ah.

Yeah, I'm noticing some PoR maps have different objectives and such that they should. Like, Ch.12 feels like a defense map but it isn't.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

sits and waits for Nintendo to bother giving Zelda a good plot and cast of characters

Majora's Mask is right there.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

. I'm feeling you have to be invested in the characters of BotW to enjoy it, and I've not the investment with them.

I don't really feel like you do, but that could just be me.

I enjoy Zelda for what it is, honestly. I enjoy the cast, the stories, the music, the worldbuilding and the gameplay.

...And then there are my parents, who consider Zelda to have a superb story.

Zelda as a series is overrated, tbh.

That doesn't mean I dislike it. It's just that I think it doesn't deserve as much praise as it gets as a series. BotW is one of my favorite games I've played, but it doesn't deserve a perfect score by any means if you ask me.

Edited by twilitfalchion