• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Also ignore the Light tome, i was under the assumption that Valkyries use Light magic.

Blame Jugdral for that. Tellius, more so PoR, weaves in some nods to Jugdral as its spiritual ancestor, just as Elibe, especially Binding, drew from Archanea, and SS drew from NES Gaiden. Giving Valkyries swords aligns with Jugdrali Troubadours and female Paladins. The reintroduction of skills beyond SS's rudimentary handful, all units having Str and Mag stats, the return of super-good Canto, Cavalier being substituted by four variants of tier-one horse knights, the mountainous wyvern-loving kingdom making problems for the neighboring plains horse-loving kingdom, the return of the subdivision of Anima magic, all derived from Jugdral. 

Not that this means PoR or RD is a clone of 4 or 5 of course, they didn't copy everything in gameplay or narrative, the Laguz are totally brand new for instance. I think it's fine that a game would look for a frame of reference or a template upon which creates its own quite distinctive experience. And theres been stranger sources of inspiration within the FE franchise, 3H taking from Dynasty Warriors and Persona, the Second Generation concept first used in FE4 was derived from a combination of dating sims and horse-racing.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's cause FE4/5 had alot of well thought out ideas, imo. 

Yeah, like the amazing BBQ that Arvis had...at...the...dear God I can’t do it!!! I can’t reduce a moment of great pathos into nothing more then a tired and overused meme!

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Giving Valkyries swords aligns with Jugdrali Troubadours and female Paladins.

It's funny though because Mist is not designed with physical combat in mind. And as far as i know, she's the only Valkyrie in PoR.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The reintroduction of skills beyond SS's rudimentary handful,

Honestly, i'd argue PoR skills still lean towards FE8's side of things. While they aren't strictly class-based anymore, they all have low trigger rates, much like FE8 skills. 

Dunno about RD but i'd say skills didn't regain that Judgral glory until Awakening.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Replicate skill, allows unit to create a replica that acts like it, attacks and takes damage like it.

If Replica dies unit also dies

OOOOOOOOOHHHH

I see.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yo, chapter 8 of Maddening was actually really fun! That's a nice surprise.

Yeah, I'll admit that one had it's surprises.

Like my nice start to get everyone far off, or Hilda killing DK with the Horseslayer in the chest, or me in utter panic after having saved the villagers and gotten the chests when Jeralt almost screwed the pooch by attacking Solon who proceeded to run off to the south and I was rushing to save the run.

Also, I was avoiding saying it because I don't have much to really give to you @lightcosmo and @Jules Necrofantasia, but I hope to fuck the future's bright as it can be after everything else now.

Edited by Christmas Dayni

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I can't imagine it would, tbh.

Play FE3 Book 1 or FE11 instead.

What differs from fe1 to fe3 book 1? Does battle forecast exist?

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yo, chapter 8 of Maddening was actually really fun! That's a nice surprise.

How did chapter 7 go?

Just now, Sooks said:

I'd say the trimmed down story/chapters/characters would be one reason to not play Book 1.

But in general it is a step up from original DDatSoL. But as it is, I'd just go with SD.

I mean it’s not like I was expecting fe1 to be this phenomenal masterpiece that changed my life. I just wanted to see how the series started on switch!

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

It's basically FE1 without most of the fluff (read: bad) chapters, as well as overall QoL features compared to FE1. Just use fast-forward liberally. It's a really fun time.

Although, like Acacia Sgt said, I'd be hard-pressed to not recommend you play FE11/FE12 over FE3. They are overall more enjoyable experiences and are much easier to approach coming from modern FE.

20 minutes ago, Christmas Dayni said:

Also, I was avoiding saying it because I don't have much to really give to you @lightcosmo and @Jules Necrofantasia, but I hope to fuck the future's bright as it can be after everything else now.

Hearing that you care is more than enough! After all, it's easier to get through tough times when you arent alone!

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

How did chapter 7 go?

Still boring, not gonna lie. Maybe it's just me having bad luck or a Golden Deer thing, but everyone completely ignoring my army was really annoying. Certainly far from being a bad map, but it's still sorta lacking.

Speaking of, how do you get Hunter's Volley? Cyril's been fantastic because of Point-Blank volley, (My second or third most potent unit behind Lysithea, who quite literally OHKO's everything, and Byleth, who can use the Hero's relics to annihilate everything) so having a longer-ranged version of it would be nice.

And also @lightcosmo and @Jules Necrofantasia, I'm sorry about your holidays being sad. Sure as heck hope that next one's much better!