Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont remeber which game, but his trophy states he wields the blade "Ettard" also a JP only. Clearly, its Alondite here, and not Ettard. Two mix ups for one character, haha. Two oversights in one? I find that hard to believe.

In JP Tellius, Ettard and Alondite did actually have switched names. That's a neat little fun fact for ya.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Spara said:

In JP Tellius, Ettard and Alondite did actually have switched names. That's a neat little fun fact for ya.

Yeah I know, I've seen RD's guts, so I know which weapon was which! Xd

That's why I mentioned it, actually. Also, in RD, reading the Black Knights class description it staes "he wields the skill Luna" while its eclipse in English, its simply Luna in JP. So many errors around the black knight, haha.

I just arena abused Linde from level 1 to 10 in her joining chapter because she’s a magic girl with a unique background color in her portrait. I have to use her, obviously.

She can replace Wolf, because boy does he suck....

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t Linde a kid?

WHY DOES SHE HAVE A SUMMER ALT IN HEROES

Because Heroes. Does it really surprise you?

...Okay, to be fair, Linde was aged up to a teen in SNES, and to a young adult in Shadow Dragon. Heroes's Lindes are consistently based on her SD self. So... Yeah.

A better question would be why does young Tiki have a summer alt. Or why does Lilina have a summer alt. Or why does Nino have a summer alt.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay, to be fair, Linde was aged up to a teen in SNES, and to a young adult in Shadow Dragon. 

Heroes's Lindes are consistently based on her SD self. So... Yeah.

We can hope...

A better question would be why does young Tiki have a summer alt. Or why does Lilina have a summer alt.

I’m glad I don’t play this game.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t Linde a kid?

WHY DOES SHE HAVE A SUMMER ALT IN HEROES

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A better question would be why does young Tiki have a summer alt. Or why does Lilina have a summer alt. Or why does Nino have a summer alt.

You guys don't go to beaches, do you?

I mean, I don't blame you, the beach sucks. 

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You guys don't go to beaches, do you?

I mean, I don't blame you, the beach sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know what. Sure. Let's go back to these bathing suits...

Bathing from a machine. Front cover of the Illustrated London News, Summer  1895. Sarah Kennedy in… | Vintage swimwear, Vintage bathing suits, Vintage  beach photos

Oh wait, no, exposed ankles! The horror... the horror...

I would argue the problem here is intent. FEHeroes isn't a beach. IntSys released these alts with a very specific demographic in mind.

But I guess I could be wrong. Maybe I'm just overly pessimistic about the intentions of these gacha developers.

And for the record, if they're adults I don't mind. Y'know, if.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd mention about it being par for the course for seasonal themes... but we all know the meltdown that happened because of Bridal Festival Sanaki...

Yes. Exactly. It's par for the course when it comes to Heroes, and that's one of the reasons I try to pretend Heroes doesn't exist more often than not.

I'm not saying it's wrong to play the game, mind, but I'm afraid I personally find it rather difficult to refer to it with even the smallest shred of respect.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Exactly. It's par for the course when it comes to Heroes, and that's one of the reasons I try to pretend Heroes doesn't exist more often than not.

I'm not saying it's wrong to play the game, mind, but I'm afraid I personally find it rather difficult to refer to it with even the smallest shred of respect.

I meant in the sense of allowing the children characters partake on the festivities/holidays/seasons as with any other adult character.

And ultimately it's all about themes. After all, how many complain of having children units in, say, the Harvest/Halloween banners? It's no surprise the Summer/Beach one comes under fire. Even if it's something that totally happens in real life.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would argue the problem here is intent. FEHeroes isn't a beach. IntSys released these alts with a very specific demographic in mind.

FEH also has Santa alts despite that part of Christmas not existing within the context so.

Also, males get these alts too so at the very least IntSys isn't being biased.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And for the record, if they're adults I don't mind. Y'know, if.

Honestly, the way I see it, age doesn't actually exist for fictional characters, especially for anime style ones. It's much more about what they look like rather than how old they are (and even that can be exaggerated). Case in point: Lyn is 15 in the Japanese version but 18 in NA and it changes literally nothing because a fictional character's specific age is just an arbitrary number creator tacked on, if they do at all.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd mention about it being par for the course for seasonal themes... but we all know the meltdown that happened because of Bridal Festival Sanaki...

Ok yeah, that one was sus. If they made Sanaki just a flower girl, I doubt it would've caused the meltdown.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Because Heroes has creeps doing art for it. That's why.

Anyway, I'm not very good at Smash. Garbage, really. But one thing I hate is teabagging. This counter was stupidly satisfying to get.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE UNDERSTAND ME! thank you for teaching him a lesson. 

When people do this, I try to be a good sport, but sometimes it's too much, and I troll back in some way. 

Great job, though! They deserve it!

Also, you seem fine to me, movement wise, at keast!

Edited by lightcosmo

Linde.png

🤔

I don't see how she's a kid

People overblow the whole fanservice thing, and even though i don't think fanservice really has a place in FE, due to the nature of the series, at the end of the day it's fiction.

Even if it's aimed at a certain crowd (which i doubt most of the time), better that crowd stick to fiction.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

that one was sus

Sanaki was not an impostor

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

OH MY GOD SOMEONE UNDERSTAND ME! thank you for teaching him a lesson. 

When people do this, I try to be a good sport, but sometimes it's too much, and I troll back in some way. 

Great job, though! They deserve it!

Yeah, to me it's just rude. If you're winning, I don't need it rubbed in my face, so to speak.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, you seem fine to me, movement wise, at keast!

Okay, nice then. Thanks.

-------

Linde doesn't look like a child to me, but I am completely opposed to the idea that, just because it's fiction, it's okay. Fiction or no, appealing to certain audiences with art like that is unacceptable in my mind.