Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You are talking to someone who had trouble with pokemon ice puzzles xD

Those are hard though.

Wait, I thought you didn’t even like pokemon? All of those come quite late into the games.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The real focus of Zelda’s gameplay ought to be exploration anyway, IMO. Puzzles are better kept as mild diversions from that.

Depends on the game. I never got a lot of exploration value from Ocarina of Time and most of the 2D Zeldas (Link's Awakening and A Link Between Worlds were the two exceptions).

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You are talking to someone who had trouble with pokemon ice puzzles xD

*Snowpoint City Gym flashbacks*

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Those are hard though.

Wait, I thought you didn’t even like pokemon? All of those come quite late into the games.

Many people who don't like Pokemon liked it at some point.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

What category does "I dont like the new generation but the old is fine." Fall under?

Former Pokemon fan.

See, it's all a matter of perspective because as far as I'm concerned, Gen 5 is old gen. Cause that was my first.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Former Pokemon fan.

See, it's all a matter of perspective because as far as I'm concerned, Gen 5 is old gen. Cause that was my first.

Well, I've been there since the very start (I still have my Pokemon Yellow Version) but I'll play G/S/C over any of the new garbage.

Took two days break from Sakuna, I’ll get back to it tomorrow. A 100 floor dungeon, which need not be done all at once and said parts of it are unavailable until story progression, opened up. Here’s hoping it’s got good challenge I may not complete.

I played some FoMT since I was still in a farming mood from Sakuna. I finished upgrading the Fishing Rod and Sickle, and then whilst Winter still lasted, filled my inventory with a full inventory of cheap yet nourishing Curry Udon and in one sitting went down to the 255th floor of the Lake Mine and got all six cursed tools along the way. I had dozens of Curry Udons left at the end, I got lucky on finding the ladders to the next floor. Things got faster after nabbing all the cursed tools with that slowdown past me, but it was overall unfun. Had to it do once, and thankfully that’s it. Barring nabbing the Kappa Gems I missed and doing the same thing with the Spring Mine, ugh.

I also popped in old Advance Wars: Days of Ruin again. Sure I know how to beat the AI again and again, but there’s fun in that old game that makes me want to keep returning to it. I’m not exactly happy with that, however, as it means I’m wasting time that could go to playing new games.🙁

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Zelda puzzles aren’t even somewhat complex.

True, they’re not painfully brainless, but they aren’t truly difficult either. They’re enough to trigger some cerebral activity, but not enough to strain it.

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The real focus of Zelda’s gameplay ought to be exploration anyway, IMO. Puzzles are better kept as mild diversions from that.

Exploration is rather bleh in non-WW and BotW Zeldas though. It exists, but it usually it’s got a lot that’s not accessible until you’ve dived into the dungeons. I don’t want BotW to define all future Zeldas either.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Completely understandable. I have yet to complete a dungeon in one sitting, which was never the case in a Zelda game (although partially because every time you turn off the game, it puts you back at the entrance, CrossCode doesn't do that thankfully).

I think I have to do a Zelda dungeon in a single sitting. Keeping track of where I left off is too difficult, I get confused on starting it back up.

My first Pokémon game was Yellow. I was an anime first kid, who first played with his cousin's games before buying my own.

For a franchise my interest is certainly not as it used to be, but I've far from disliking the franchise itself. The practices done with it are a different story, but eh...

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Pokemon lost "heart" in my eyes. It doesnt have that special something they had before. I dunno, maybe I'm just more picky?

Many, including me, feel the same way

Unpopular opinion is that gen 5 is the best gen. I think 6 is where it started to go down, 7 picked it up a bit again, and then let’s go sent in flying off a cliff, where gen 8 was the wreckage below.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Pokemon lost "heart" in my eyes. It doesnt have that special something they had before. I dunno, maybe I'm just more picky?

^

That, and I grew up. I discovered fe and octopath and such and the gameplay appeals to me less.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Unpopular opinion is that gen 5 is the best gen.

This is no longer considered an unpopular opinion tbh. Many would argue Gen 5 was Pokemon's peak and I agree. A damn shame it's the worst selling Gen.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think 6 is where it started to go down, 7 picked it up a bit again, and then let’s go sent in flying off a cliff, where gen 8 was the wreckage below.

Literally my exact opinion although Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were the warning signs that something terrible was coming.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Literally my exact opinion although Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were the warning signs that something terrible was coming.

I agree, and considered putting that in there.

It’s also likely where Nintendo got the idea for bad business practices being okay.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Unpopular opinion is that gen 5 is the best gen.

That’s where I got off the S.S. Pocket Monsters. Halfway into the into the generation to be precise. I was, likely unfairly, not happy about the plot being something new for the first time in five generations. Though I was in high school by this point too, my views on games as a whole were becoming less magical. Pokémon became nothing unexpected, a new gen or game was no longer shock and wonderful awe. I had discovered Smogon too and although I never got into competitive battling, the knowledge of it diminished my enjoyment by altering my perspectives. I learned from experience that the Pokémon postgame content, like the Battle Frontiers, weren’t for me either, leaving Pokémon with an easy once & done main game. 

This said, I did get Black 2, I tore off the plastic in the box, but it has never been actually played, despite having seen it a lot over the years. It nags at me from time to time. To go back it now... well, before I die at least. If I never play it ever, I’m concerned its overwhelming anger and loneliness will transform it into a murderous eldritch monstrosity.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Completely unrelated but how likely is it to convince you to S support someone who isn’t Sothis?

2% displayed hit.

I might S-support Caspar for the lulz, 'cause he's a bad unit.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I love Ests! I should have used Sophia in fe6... her growths aren’t very good though.

Her growths are better than Hilda's right now...

By FE6 standards, her growths are fine. The problem is that they don't make up for her bases.

Ugh, my keyboard is trolling me right now. Every day different keys don't work. Already set back Windows which took an hour. The keyboard works for now, but I have to reinstall all Steam games again which is a lot. Will disable any Windows updates because I think they were the cause for this issue.

Anyways I'm working further on the SRPG Studio project now. I made my thoughts about the plot past night. I'm going to make a little change:

Spoiler

Lysithea won't be the main character. She'll appear and be playable in two maps, but the main protagonist will be her daughter. The story takes place two years after the end of Three Houses. Lysithea and Byleth are married and parents of the little girl, Madeleine, who will be the main character. Mother and daughter will be split for most of the time, but a reunion is going to happen....... but not at the happiest circumstances. This game shall have two endings.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This said, I did get Black 2, I tore off the plastic in the box, but it has never been actually played, despite having seen it a lot over the years. It nags at me from time to time. To go back it now... well, before I die at least. If I never play it ever, I’m concerned its overwhelming anger and loneliness will transform it into a murderous eldritch monstrosity.

I doubt it'll become an eldritch monstrosity.

I'm of the opinion BW2 is probably the best in the series too, going right above the nostalgia train that is HGSS.

You can find my thoughts on Gen 8 in the many threads that came out for SS in the subforum, but yeah 3DS Pokemon certainly was a part of the problem, going from White 2 to Y was a very unwelcome surprise in hindsight and things might have improved from there, but not by as much as they should have and when it comes to SM and USUM, it's telling I haven't gotten round to finishing US.

3 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Ugh, my keyboard is trolling me right now. Every day different keys don't work.

Maybe the problem is the keyboard itself? I don't recommend resetting windows just for non working keyboard, except if more than one keyboard doesn't work.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

going from White 2 to Y was a very unwelcome surprise

Yeah. Like one could forgive them for X/Y as their first 3D game, but they kept removing features instead of adding them

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe the problem is the keyboard itself? I don't recommend resetting windows just for non working keyboard, except if more than one keyboard doesn't work.

Yes, it definitely has to be the keyboard itself.

When I use the laptop from an uneven position (like my bed) some buttons don't work at some time.

Have to change the laptop's position to let make all buttons workable again

I will have to go back to work tomorrow again, so I can let it check out there.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. Like one could forgive them for X/Y as their first 3D game, but they kept removing features instead of adding them

Even aside from removing things, Kalos is an uninteresting region with one of if not the weakest casts, the region design has never felt so linear (to me at least, there's next to nothing off the beaten paths), Mega Evolution was absolutely unnecessary (I can tell you that from experience, at least I felt I needed it one or twice in ORAS), the Battle Maison and the mansion that also has postgame purpose just felt so uninteresting too.....

Even as a certified not Hoenn fan ORAS was a relief. And even then they screwed it up in places (Battle Maison 2: Sodium Chloride Incarnate anyone?).