Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Even as a certified not Hoenn fan ORAS was a relief. And even then they screwed it up in places (Battle Maison 2: Sodium Chloride Incarnate anyone?).

"Kids don't play games for long anymore"...

36 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Yes, it definitely has to beĀ the keyboard itself.

When I use the laptop from an uneven position (like my bed) some buttonsĀ don't work at some time.

Have to change the laptop's position to let make all buttons workable again

I will have to go back to work tomorrow again, so I can let it check out there.

In emergency situations you can use on screen keyboard, even if it's kinda a pain...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

"Kids don't play games for long anymore"...

Which contradicts the whole design of the main games anyway!

I just don't know what the next main title would look like to really turn around the issues they made for me.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Which contradicts the whole design of the main games anyway!

I just don't know what the next main title would look like to really turn around the issues they made for me.

For me they would need quite alot of innovation, a big post game, battle maison like the games of old, difficulty settings for those of us who have been playing since we were in diapers, easier access to multiplayer that didn't make prefer showdown everytime, custom multiplayer rules, skipable tutorials, no handholding, etc...

Ā 

Stuff which will never happen

Oh boi, making certain conditions like victory / defeat conditions or creating reinforcementsĀ with the SRPG Studio is a pain in the boss. In almost five hours I've achieved like nothing aside of boss and death quotes. My freetime is literally over now since work will start tomorrow. I guess I have to suspend the project for a bit and rather complete my games instead.

Edit: At least I found out how to make reinforcements.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

My updated tier list!

02f107296b4e440123c6e057b658dc9a.png

Ā 

Graces was decent.

The good:

The combat is amazing, that hasn't changed one bit. not on Vesperia or Xillia's level to me, but still pretty damn good.

Colorful, vibrant, and lively. The graphics for this game are very pretty and pleasing to the eye, which is nice.

the music is actually pretty good for the Tales of standard.

misc. Things like the Eleth Mixer, weapon crafting, and such are all fun to play around with.

now onto the bad:

The story. oh god this is a mess. Perhaps if the devs could take things more seriously this wouldn't have been an issue, but as it stands, it is.

Nova Barriers. These serve as nothing more than to force you to use specific attacks to break shields that prevent the enemy from taking 1 damage from your attacks. It's annoying, nothing more.

The skits. Ah yes, these are as messy as the story!Ā 

So, all in all, a good game.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

The problem is that they don't make up for her bases.

Yes that is how Ests are.

Anyways, if Sophia's bases don't work, then I'll make it work.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. Like one could forgive them for X/Y as their first 3D game, but they kept removing features instead of adding them

Not just that but they can't even commit to features they do add. You deadass cannot do Mega Evolution or Z-Moves in Gen 8 and I garuantee Dynamax will be gone in Gen 9.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

the Battle Maison and the mansion that also has postgame purpose just felt so uninteresting too.....

Post-game quality took a severe drop in Gen 6 and it never recovered. It's a shame.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

The final end of this meme has been found.

im2ODbM.jpg

I am okay with this.

EhnbVRp.jpg

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now that I think about it, this is basically Doomguy with Isabell 2.

I mean kinda?

There's no consistent duo like there was with Doonguy and Isabelle, which leaves it more open to whoever. But I always liked the idea of AC and Doom crossing over with the fanart we got.

School starts back tomorrow.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, the Water Temple is probably my favorite in Ocarina.

One of us, one of us.

12 hours ago, Benice said:

I might S-support Caspar for the lulz, 'cause he's a bad unit.

Yay! I like Caspar!

12 hours ago, Benice said:

By FE6 standards, her growths are fine. The problem is that they don't make up for her bases.

Ests shouldnā€™t have fine growths though. So I shouldnā€™t train her up unless I really really like her, even if Raigh died.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ests shouldnā€™t have fine growths though.

Ests should've the best growths around. Look at Sara aka best est ever.Ā 

1kl9E4S.png

That and with her base skill set of Miracle/Wrath/Paragon (And Adept on promotion)Ā she becomesĀ really strong.

They should be worth training

Edited by Shrimperor

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ests should've the best growths around. Look at Sara aka best est ever.Ā 

1kl9E4S.png

That and with her base skill set of Miracle/Wrath/Paragon (And Adept on promotion)Ā she becomesĀ really strong.

They should be worth training

I canā€™t tell if you know that was my point or not.

Figured I would add my two cents in the Pokemon talk. Gen 2 is my favorite, but Gen 5 was always a close second for me. Gen 6 was particularly tragic, as it had a lot of potential. In a lot of ways it emphasized the idea that it was made for any type of player, and lovers of any generation. It always felt like I could find a pokemon of every generation in each area, without any generation feeling like it took center stage. Also the many rivals of that game were clear representations of the different types of players, with Calem/Serena representing those that wanted to focus on being the best battler, Shauna being the one who plays it to experience the story, Trevor for those who focused on catching them all, and poor Tierno, the kid who actually liked all those side features that they kept dropping, like pokemon contests, or pokemon musicals, or pokestar studios, etc. Now X/Y were very flawed, but as Platinum showed, even the worst generation of Pokemon games can be redeemed by the third game, but alas we never got the Pokemon Z that generation needed. I have dropped the series in gen 8, as part of my enjoyment of Pokemon came from the idea of catching them all. I almost dropped the series back in Gen 3 while catching them all in that generation was impossible, but now it truly is, and thus I have dropped it.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Shauna being the one who plays it to experience the story

People actually do that?

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

F

I haven't been able to think straight for a couple days anyway xD

How come? Is everything okay?