Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

oh god...

Take care of yourself!

Also maybe make a doctor apointment? Although good knows it's really hard to get one atm...

It's asthma, nothing can be done.

It happens from time to time, and simply I have to deal with it.

I can only mitigate it by inhaling saltwater or using asthma spray.

Anyways good night...maybe

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Thanks!

Though it hasn't anything to do with my SRPG project. I haven't even worked on that in this week. I can't sleep in due to my chronical asthma. My left nosehole is kaputt; can't breath through sometimes.

Anyways staying here during night is no option either right now. Have to inhale now and hope to sleep in for the remaining 4-5 hours.

Well look at me trying to be helpful xD

Just rest and take care of your self and such!

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway... I'm gonna say, for having mechas, Code Geass isn't the sort of anime I'd like to watch. Anything that has Manifest Destiny on steroids is an absolute No on my list. God knows which number Hispanics are... but certainly not the 1's. Those are absolutely the Native Americans, logically speaking.

Better not play Civilization V or VI then. Washington's ability is literally called "Manifest Destiny" in Civ V. His land units can further see into the unclaimed territory, and once he's plopped a city down, he can buy up the surrounding tiles at half price. Throw Pocatello (leader of the Shoshone) on the same map: superior Scout, increasing fighting abilities in home territory, extra land on founding a city, and America and the Shoshone can get into one Great War of the North American Expansionists. The winner ...is Montezuma, whose Jaguars sacrifice them all and learns the value of political meritocracy in the process.

I find Manifest Destiny to be more accurately depicted in Civ VI and Roosevelt Corollary. Identify your home continent, identify those who share it, and then use Teddy's increased Combat Strength on his home continent to remove unwanted neighbors in no time. If you're looking for an ironic "Diplomatic" Victory later, consider leaving their capital unclaimed as a reservation completely surrounded by your cities. Afterwards, with an entire continent's worth of land, you can change over to peacefulness and win with your abundance of cities and resources. If you've the latest DLC pack for Rough Rider Roosevelt, which keeps the Corollary, find the little City-States across the world, make them your loyal spheres of influence by sending trade routes to them, your commercial interests will result in your Envoys being twice as effective, assuring easy suzerainty. That City-State control would help with a Diplomatic Victory, but you could later build your Film Studios and go for cultural hegemony. It's Evil America in a beautifully concise package, the historical roleplay can't be beat.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly though, a lot of Radiant Dawn's faults don't bother me as much because playing through this game reminded me of a time when i considered Fire Emblem to be my favorite video game series of all time. I would never say that i lost interest in Fire Emblem but the series' flaws have made itself more appearent to me over the years and while i still like it a lot, i don't hold it in as high regard anymore. But Radiant Dawn reminded me of the time i did.

8/10.

Glad you enjoyed it! Regardless of one's views on a particular game, it's always good if another found fun in it (unless *insert serious reason of IRL morality*).

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Idk, i just think the concept of the Branded is not as thought out as it could've been.

And, as a nitpick, the Zelgius flashback where he shows his back has the brand look like it's been thickly painted over his muscles, like it's sitting on top, not embedded into his skin. Very lazily done.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

They play some game where they keep losing clothes.

Did they pretend they're possessed by dark forces and stripping each other to the butt to expose their skin to sunlight because it's the only way to exorcise the demons? 'Cause thats an actual video game, with a sequel.😛

I don’t know how I should progress in Fates anymore (switch everyone out to get the kids or use who I want to use and just use the powers of grinding to get the benchwarmers known as child units, but then, won’t the paralogues over level me?) and it’s sorta killing my motivation.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did they pretend they're possessed by dark forces and stripping each other to the butt to expose their skin to sunlight because it's the only way to exorcise the demons? 'Cause thats an actual video game, with a sequel.😛

Oj i think i heard of that game

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hyperdimension Neptunia's story is great! I see their humor was always on point!

ayy enjoy 😄

Nep is great 😄

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Better not play Civilization V or VI then. Washington's ability is literally called "Manifest Destiny" in Civ V. His land units can further see into the unclaimed territory, and once he's plopped a city down, he can buy up the surrounding tiles at half price. Throw Pocatello (leader of the Shoshone) on the same map: superior Scout, increasing fighting abilities in home territory, extra land on founding a city, and America and the Shoshone can get into one Great War of the North American Expansionists. The winner ...is Montezuma, whose Jaguars sacrifice them all and learns the value of political meritocracy in the process.

I find Manifest Destiny to be more accurately depicted in Civ VI and Roosevelt Corollary. Identify your home continent, identify those who share it, and then use Teddy's increased Combat Strength on his home continent to remove unwanted neighbors in no time. If you're looking for an ironic "Diplomatic" Victory later, consider leaving their capital unclaimed as a reservation completely surrounded by your cities. Afterwards, with an entire continent's worth of land, you can change over to peacefulness and win with your abundance of cities and resources. If you've the latest DLC pack for Rough Rider Roosevelt, which keeps the Corollary, find the little City-States across the world, make them your loyal spheres of influence by sending trade routes to them, your commercial interests will result in your Envoys being twice as effective, assuring easy suzerainty. That City-State control would help with a Diplomatic Victory, but you could later build your Film Studios and go for cultural hegemony. It's Evil America in a beautifully concise package, the historical roleplay can't be beat.

Oh no, when it's something like that it's not a problem. On the contrary, it's more fun having the chance to subvert it oneself. That's what about 95% of my Victoria 2 playthroughs boil down to. To do something like this:

Steam Community :: Screenshot :: it's beauitufl

Specially with mods. In vanilla Victoria 2 it's easy to block MD, but some mods, while making it challenging to stop it, it's also so rewarding when you do...

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know how I should progress in Fates anymore (switch everyone out to get the kids or use who I want to use and just use the powers of grinding to get the benchwarmers known as child units, but then, won’t the paralogues over level me?) and it’s sorta killing my motivation.

Ah DLC give exp in Birthright, right?

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe you could do a mono-class theme run?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe you could do a mono-class theme run?

My weird-ness with games dictates that, in Fire Emblem anyway, with its more openness towards other difficulties, my first play through on hard should be “normal”. And when I say normal, that means no sort of huge variation like that, but the big part is that it also means getting as many units as possible, which extends to the child units, giving me two options. The first one is to have my units deployed based on who is marrying who, and switch them out when they meet that threshold, but since I like as many paired endings as possible, which means pairing up the kiddos, I would basically be stuck using all of them at endgame since they would be the only ones of appropriate level. Alternatively, I could just use units who I want to use, and use the in-game grinding to grind up support between the benched parents, but then that would apply to most of the kids, meaning that I would really just be able to stick with who I want. The problem is that they would now become super over leveled tackling every paralogue in the game with the same units, and I could make a designated paralogue team like I did in Revelation, but they would all probably end up too weak for some of the later paralogues. So I’m not sure how to progress with the game, sorta messing with my motivation... I guess Kaga did second gen units better?

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah DLC give exp in Birthright, right?

I don’t have any but it does!

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The only anime I've watched in full are Evangelion and Code Geass. The former because of Godzilla, of course, namely this:

godzilla.jpg

I haven't even watched Eva but this right here just keeps proving for me that Godzilla always gets the rawest fanart.

You got a source for this btw?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but Fates music is awesome.

So yeah. Fates music is awesome.

Indeed. Fates has a lot of good tunes.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

I honestly prefer Awakening's OST. One of the best in the series, IMO.

This one is pretty good as well. Started the trend of Fire Emblem having good songs for most of the game instead of just some of the game.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, as a nitpick, the Zelgius flashback where he shows his back has the brand look like it's been thickly painted over his muscles, like it's sitting on top, not embedded into his skin. Very lazily done.

I didn't notice this because i was playing it legit and despite the Wii U being an HD console, Wii games are still displayed at 480p.

Although.....maybe i just didn't see it period. Cause i did see the flashback where Zelgius talks about being a Branded but i actually don't remember if he showed it. I know there's a number of flashbacks that aren't shown on your first playthrough because reasons.

After days and days of delay, I've gotten back into my playing of Sakuna. The boss of the volcano area started with me flying through it, but then about halfway in, I started taking serious damage and had to slow down and focus on surviving instead. I squeezed in a victory on my first try, but it was rough. Leveling has slowed since I entered the 20s, does this herald an increase in difficulty?

I've become thoroughly used to rice growing process, and I've scrolls informing me of almost everything on it. I still don't have the scrolls for optimal Taste and Stickiness, though I haven't attempted growing to maximize a particular quality yet. Combat, I'm able to not quite button mash by way through it, yet I'm not turning into an artful master of it either. Kinda expectable for myself in that, I'm not great at action.😅

And, things I've gleaned from interviews:

"When asked if we could see more from the Sakuna universe, Nal had this to say:

“True, once I finish making a game I don’t feel like making anything similar to it for a while. But this time we’ve received such a positive reaction from our players that I’d like to think we could do something. I suppose it depends on what kind of ideas we come up with, although I don’t have anything in mind at the moment.”"

https://nintendoeverything.com/sakuna-of-rice-and-ruin-director-on-the-possibility-of-a-sequel/

"The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu quotes Edelweiss’ Koichi as saying, “There aren’t any plans for downloadable content, but we’d like to do a sequel if the opportunity arises,” and Nal adding “While we don’t have any concrete plans for a sequel, I have nothing but gratitude for the fans. When the timing is right, I hope we can live up to their expectations.”"

https://nintendoeverything.com/edelweiss-developer-of-sakuna-of-rice-and-ruin-hopes-to-create-sequel/

The passing of a month, but the sequel stance became a little warmer. Hmm...

I'm not sure I'd go for a direct sequel, the exact same setting twice would lose the charm IMO. Maybe same world, different part of it. The game mentions a fake Europe (Ventania), a fake China- Ouka, and somewhere called Nadjhit, which sounds like India. The problem is I'd like a new crop to focus on instead of rice, and I haven't a clue what'd be ideal for India, which would be a cool setting b/c I don't think it's used well in video games. If the developers did their research and nailed a traditional Indian atmosphere that'd be great. But I'm wary of the chances of success.

"Player feedback was also considered by the team, with a response to the difficulty of rice planting in particular, “Despite requests from staff, we were resolute in not implementing functionality to be able to plant the rice in an orderly manner,” the developer said. “We didn’t want it to be a process that you could finish with the push of a button.”

Interesting answer. The rice-planting stage isn't as big a deal as I thought it'd be, my first two or three years were too far apart, but I've got Balanced several times since. And I just unlocked the ability to plant seedlings four at a time. Not to mention, according to scroll guidance, at least three qualities are better developed by planting the seedlings further apart than Balanced.

I'd see it likely they might change the genre again.

Sakuna's predecesor,

Spoiler

and very implied distant Prequel,

Fairy Bloom Freesia, is a beat-them-up. So if Sakuna gets a sequel, likely not another farming sim as it were. Though who knows...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

ayy enjoy 😄

Nep is great 😄

I am!

And I agree, of course!

God, the dangerous monsters/bosses always put up some serious fight... I usually run dry of resources at the end.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I haven't even watched Eva but this right here just keeps proving for me that Godzilla always gets the rawest fanart.

You got a source for this btw?

It isn't fanart, you may already know that Eva's creator directed Shin Godzilla so afterwards there was an artwork/merchandise/theme park ride collaboration between them. Here's a Twitter source for the artwork.

Besides figures of Godzilla Unit-01, Godzilla Unit-02, Unit-01/02 Kiryu, Unit-01 Godzilla, and Xillien Rei, there's also Metal Evagearzilla designed by Yoji Shinkawa

1r3s17um55e31.jpg

There's also other stuff, including keychains:

Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Anime-Rei-Ayanami-Asuka-Kaworu-Nagisa-Shinji-Ikari-EVA00-PROPOTYPE-Kaiju-Rubber-Keychain.jpg

Shinji and Minilla, a match made in heaven.

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Besides figures of Godzilla Unit-01, Godzilla Unit-02, Unit-01/02 Kiryu, Unit-01 Godzilla, and Xillien Rei, there's also Metal Evagearzilla designed by Yoji Shinkawa

1r3s17um55e31.jpg

The amount of raw power this image has is amazing.

7 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Well, through the asthma I got so heavy headaches that I had to make some trips to the toilet.

Reported sick for today.

Aren’t there treatments for this?

Birthright actually has you be attacked by Vallites. The people that aren’t explained in this game. I didn’t know they ran out of excuses for filler chapters that quickly. 😂

Worst part about Hades is that I feel it's gonna ruin other rougelikes for me. Apart from PMD, I've never played a rougelike before, main reason being I didn't like losing everything upon death. Hades does do that but it also has good permanent upgrades that you keep.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wraith is just the Camus of the knights of teehee. But unlike the others, he will come around eventually!

Don’t hold your breath, Sooks.

Speaking of Teehee heresy and good taste in books here’s something interesting for everyone.

65006F4D-D5CC-4006-8BDD-50C06DBBD248.jpeg

Edited by Wraith