Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

Why doesn’t Cold Steel match up to the other arcs?

Imagine if after Fates IS doubled down on ever thing you hated in Fates and making the gameplay super easy at the same time.

Rean's Blackhole is as big as Corrin. Even bigger considering Rean had 5 fucking games of spotlight.

A School setting that doesn't fit the story. Only exists to bait persona fans.

A war that was more like an overglorified school trip. Even fucking Fates wrote war better.

A dumb plot point that destroyed 8 games of build up. Makes Fire Emblem dumb dragon plots look good.

A cast that only exists to fill a check list and to worship the main character who's your ln self insert with all the powers in the world an 12 romance choices. FFS 60% of a nation his nation occupied loves him. Thst does not make any fucking sense. Characters only interact with MC and never with each other.

Gameplay became so easy, highest difficulty of the newer titles is like easy/normal difficulty of old titles. It completely destroys all tension in the story when you wipe out that super scary enemy in a few seconds then the story makes you fucking lose Reeeeeeeee.

Dumb Retcons.

Music turned from some of the best in the industry to a literal pile of garbage.

And there's more even but i don't wanna post a wall of text.

Tl;dr: cold steel killed my first born child and it's the fucking worst. Made me drop what used to be my fav. Series. Shit Story, characters and gameplay.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This stair map would be all right if it wasn't for the bastards with wary fighter and sky-high defense that throw 30+ damage rocks at my squishies.

Brave weapons + Attack stance 😉

But also lotsa Dragon vein users xD

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

45D6A8F6-F468-4D5A-B663-D580AF1ACE62.jpeg

Hah! Well, I'm flattered.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Brave weapons + Attack stance 😉

Nobody in the army can use brave weapons yet.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But also lotsa Dragon vein users xD

Oh, that wasn't an issue. In fact, I used the dragon veins to their full advantage and won thanks to them. The problem's that I had no reliable way of killing the stoneborn, and their range couldn't be entirely countered by the dragon veins.

Plot twist: Wraith is looking into playing trails of cold steel.

Good morning!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That was an interesting map. The gimmick was a bit overwhelming at first, but eventually I got a hang of it. Until I forgot about it and Benny and Nyx got thrown in the middle of all the enemies. Thankfully, Benny was able to just barely survive the two mages, and then Nyx nosferatanked a bit while reinforcements arrived to aid them. Beyond that, it went about as well as it could've.

That’s sorta how I felt at first. I didn’t really like it because of the gimmick at first but it really grew on me on a second play through. You can definitely use it to your advantage.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Imagine if after Fates IS doubled down on ever thing you hated in Fates and making the gameplay super easy at the same time.

Rean's Blackhole is as big as Corrin. Even bigger considering Rean had 5 fucking games of spotlight.

A School setting that doesn't fit the story. Only exists to bait persona fans.

A war that was more like an overglorified school trip. Even fucking Fates wrote war better.

A dumb plot point that destroyed 8 games of build up. Makes Fire Emblem dumb dragon plots look good.

A cast that only exists to fill a check list and to worship the main character who's your ln self insert with all the powers in the world an 12 romance choices. FFS 60% of a nation his nation occupied loves him. Thst does not make any fucking sense. Characters only interact with MC and never with each other.

Gameplay became so easy, highest difficulty of the newer titles is like easy/normal difficulty of old titles. It completely destroys all tension in the story when you wipe out that super scary enemy in a few seconds then the story makes you fucking lose Reeeeeeeee.

Dumb Retcons.

Music turned from some of the best in the industry to a literal pile of garbage.

And there's more even but i don't wanna post a wall of text.

Tl;dr: cold steel killed my first born child and it's the fucking worst. Made me drop what used to be my fav. Series. Shit Story, characters and gameplay.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Plot twist: Wraith is looking into playing trails of cold steel.

Funny joke Sooks! I’m to busy trying to figure out what the hell I just read in The Book of the New Sun tetralogy and it’s liberal use of Christian allusions. Shrimp-kun’s despair is just one of the many reasons why I’ve mostly divested myself of anime and JRPGs for classic literature.

Edited by Wraith

13 minutes ago, Wraith said:

-snip-

Well one of the reasons i dropped the series is because it was just sickening how i grew to hate the series i loves to much and was addicted to.

And i left the fanbase because it's just like the FE fanbase post fates, infightning 24/7.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well one of the reasons i dropped the series is because it was just sickening how i grew to hate the series i loves to much and was addicted to.

And i left the fanbase because it's just like the FE fanbase post fates, infightning 24/7.

Has it really gotten that bad in the Trails of fan community?

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Are we really that bad? I’m only on SF but it seems quite chill.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Are we really that bad? I’m only on SF but it seems quite chill.

You are on a specific thread on a wider website.

I mean, I wouldn't say the infighting is as bad as in the Fates days but the Fire Emblem section of the forums can still get stinky.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You are on a specific thread on a wider website.

I still look at the new topics.

16 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

hi

Hello!

How long is polite to wait before indoctrinating someone into the Conquest cult?

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Lightning is C rank though

Oh. Right.

...Whoops.

Time for Sakura. The chapter, not the character. The character will die if the game lets her, which is a pretty slim chance, considering the named enemy kill count sits pretty at four.

Edited by Saint Rubenio