Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for the plot... Here I thought Mikoto's death was underwhelming. Boohoo, the girl who appeared in two scenes before the route choice is dead. Big whoop.

...wow, I can level up her ghost. That's so shitty, hahahahah! Even the game has no respect for the poor girl.

Ah Lilith, ye of why the fuck wasn't more done with you. I'm not even joking, the other routes are similar and the one DLC map where she gets explanation also does so little for her own character

And yes, she can still level, because death will not stop her guarding the castle.

51 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

hi

Wait, I've seen you before.

Been a while though.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are we really that bad? I’m only on SF but it seems quite chill.

SF has been more chill generally anyways, but the series has a reputation of infighting over things and some questionable things, which Fates exacerbated with the stuff that went on during localisation. Things have cooled and the fandom itself has too, but still.

Smash on the other hand hates it for all the reps it's gotten.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This CGI works much better for 3D Pokemon than the cartoony style they've been using the last few years.

https://lparchive.org/The-World-Ends-With-You/Update%2047/3-image003.png

Honestly the character models aren't half bad, it seems to handle the gameplay as you'd expect. (RIP Todd Snap)

~200 mons is pretty crummy though, guess large part of the roster gone's standard now. 😞 Brightbow's right that it is bigger than 63, which is comparing to different sizes for the total mons. I do have to say that Heracross/Pinser fight looked pretty neat in particular.

And shit @DragonFlames, sounds awful, but have you got something for the migrane at least?

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But can still totally screw you over

On lunatic maybe, but she used it the turn I could seize on hard.

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In any case, my day went to f***ing hell really fast. I got a migraine and chipped a tooth for some reason, which hurts like hell.
Dentist appointment in three weeks. I know this is probably because Corona (TM), but still. Ugh.

I hope that gets better soon! Hecking COVID...

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My current IRL worries was learning yesterday a family member's employment has the grim reaper hanging over it due to "reshuffling". Not saying they will lose their job, but the scary prospect exists. It makes me, lazy, devoid of the slightest sense of drive in life, feel like a worthless parasite through and through.

I hope everything turns out okay! Maybe if your family member puts in more effort, they might want to keep them?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

On lunatic maybe, but she used it the turn I could seize on hard

In one of my runs i had to survive an onslaught after she used it. I barely survived 1 turn before seizing and if i couldn't seize i would've deded xD

She uses it when you start to approach the gate, so you have to seize fast or survive an onslaught while being locked up in the maze you spent all the time opening.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I hope that gets better soon! Hecking COVID...

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I hope everything turns out okay! Maybe if your family member puts in more effort, they might want to keep them?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but effort has nothing to do with whether or not people get thrown out during "reshuffling". They look at a position and go "do we still need that?" and if the answer is "No", then - boom - gone. No mercy. Speaking from experience in my own family here.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In one of my runs i had to survive an onslaught after she used it. I barely survived 1 turn before seizing and if i couldn't seize i would've deded xD

She uses it when you start to approach the gate, so you have to seize fast or survive an onslaught while being locked up in the maze you spent all the time opening.

I guess I seized fast.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Thank you!

Sorry to bust your bubble, but effort has nothing to do with whether or not people get thrown out during "reshuffling". They look at a position and go "do we still need that?" and if the answer is "No", then - boom - gone. No mercy. Speaking from experience in my own family here.

Oh.

At least my vocabulary is bigger now?

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They have seniority, they've been on the job for well over 20 years, but they've been part-time the entire time. "Rotation" of employees might help keep people employed.

And mind you, this is in a healthcare setting, where you wouldn't expect job loss right now. However, capitalism could be in part to blame, if it were, the money-making medical procedures that got canceled because of Covid is overwhelming everything could be at fault.

42 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is very relatable to me.

I've drifted through life not really thinking about my future, I've had a lot of undeserved luck that everything has always worked out.

Even now, I hesitate to do the hard thing for myself- find a job. Because, while I am flexible, my choice to go for a History degree was made with no concern whatsoever with practicality behind it. And I'm not one for teaching, the easiest career, in the slightest. I'd make for a poor communicator of information, I don't care for kids, a position of authority I'd feel awkward in, and I'm afraid I'd grade too harshly. I should try looking for something else, but I'm indecisive, I have no great urge to do anything, any serious commitment would be made with hesitancy behind it, and that makes me want to run away. The result, I take from others, but never truly give back.

****, I find myself the same but worse than one of my less-liked (but not unliked) DS2 characters.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I do love how Killer weapons have a times 4 multiplier instead of a times 3 multiplayer. Like that actually makes a difference.

From experience: It does. Especially since Killer weapons have low Mt in Fates. And attack stance is a thing.

Edited by Shrimperor

Hades is fun but it's also making it evident that rougelikes are not really for me. Main reason Hades is enjoyable is because the game actually weaves your deaths into the narrative and everyone remembers your previous runs. There's a story to be had here.

Had Hades just been your standard rougelike where you're just put in the game until you die, I would not be enjoying it nearly as much.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So watched Chugga's video. What i got from it that i should use pouch items and stuff that increases attack speed hm...

Art and Special recharge yes. Attack speed is increased by the AA-canceling he demonstrated, though by how much depends on the character and weapon. For example, Rex can AA-cancel with Aegis very quickly but it's slower if he's using a Greataxe.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hades is fun but it's also making it evident that rougelikes are not really for me. Main reason Hades is enjoyable is because the game actually weaves your deaths into the narrative and everyone remembers your previous runs. There's a story to be had here.

Had Hades just been your standard rougelike where you're just put in the game until you die, I would not be enjoying it nearly as much.

I wasn't into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon myself, I finished Blue Rescue Team, and I made it past the Groudon battle in Explorers of Time, but I stopped there. These games weren't that fun for me, progression felt too slow, and the combat itself wasn't great.

And it's for that reason that I'll probably skip Hades, despite the massive acclaim. If the gameplay were to end up being something I feel like I have to get through, as opposed to an end in itself, then it wouldn't be fun anymore.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Art and Special recharge yes. Attack speed is increased by the AA-canceling he demonstrated, though by how much depends on the character and weapon. For example, Rex can AA-cancel with Aegis very quickly but it's slower if he's using a Greataxe.

...I think i will get a hang of it when i start playing xD

Honestly these terms remind me of smash xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I liked how Pokémon mystery dungeon had that personality quiz that determine your Pokémon. That was it, but I finished the one on the 3DS anyway... I think just because of that.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it's for that reason that I'll probably skip Hades, despite the massive acclaim. If the gameplay were to end up being something I feel like I have to get through, as opposed to an end in itself, then it wouldn't be fun anymore.

Completely understandable, I avoided rougelikes for a long time for the same reason.

At least with PMD, you didn't have to start over from the beginning if you died. iirc, some dungeons had midway points where you'd respawn if you died. 

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

..I think i will get a hang of it when i start playing xD

It'll make sense, don't worry.

Speaking about Rougelikes, i was playing Star Renegade...

Combat is really really fun...

But Retrying from the very start after clearing 4 levels then game over'ing is like....

One-Punch-Man-OK..png

Yeah i know it's what people who are into rouglelikes like, but i am not really fond of restarts haha...

Then again i remember playing One Way Heroics a few years back and liking it quite a bit, but it was basically 1 giant level everytime

Edited by Shrimperor