• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

..I am honestly surprised.

Didn't expect you to be so utterly..

young!

Why, because I'm a pompous bastard whose views on certain media are more typical of old politicians?

...Yes, I'd be surprised too if I were you.

A Life pro tip from a senior: There's no such thing as wasting life. You are still young, too young to think about that.

Enjoy your life, man!

Ahh, don't worry about me. I was just joking. I've not yet begun my midlife crisis. I get the occassional melancholic day, but for the most part I'm pretty content.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

....wait a sec...

Am i actually like the 2nd oldest person in this Thread?

Thread is like 50 or so, so he is the oldest...

730690729147629649.png?v=1

Wha-- Wait, who's 50 here!? Am I missing something...?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Wraith.

Probably.

I think

Ah.

Well, that explains a lot.

I'd be surprised by this revelation, but it wouldn't be the first time. I remember one time someone popped up to thank Aethin for his hard work on the Berwick Saga translation. He claimed to be over 60 years old, and the claim was believable, because he clearly hadn't the faintest idea how to use the forum. It was hilarious and wholesome in equal measure.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah.

Well, that explains a lot.

I am meme'ing btw

According to twilit Wraith is in my age range lol

I'd be surprised by this revelation, but it wouldn't be the first time. I remember one time someone popped up to thank Aethin for his hard work on the Berwick Saga translation. He claimed to be over 60 years old, and the claim was believable, because he clearly hadn't the faintest idea how to use the forum.

wait...

what?

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm only 21.

...Okay, 22 in one month.

Ngl, I thought you were older but turns out, you're only a year ahead of me (I turn 21 this year).

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I am meme'ing btw

According to twilit Wraith is in my age range lol

Ah.

Well that still explains a lot

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, I thought you were older but turns out, you're only a year ahead of me (I turn 21 this year).

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I thought Ruben was older myself until I checked his profile.

Why does everyone think I'm old? Serious question. What gave you guys that idea, if you don't mind me asking?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

wait...

what?

I'm not making that up. He was an unregistered guest that made a thread in the TearRing Saga subforum, I imagine expecting that Aethin was somehow the owner of the place or something like that. He claimed to be that old, saying that strategy games where the only ones that interested him anymore, and that Berwick Saga was one of the best he'd played. Give me a minute, I'll see if I can find the thread...

...Huh. I cannot find it. But I pinky-swear, it happened.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does everyone think I'm old? Serious question. What gave you guys that idea, if you don't mind me asking?

I actually would've guessed you're a year younger than you actually are. That would've been my guess based on some games you've mentioned and the like.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm

Honestly, your profile pic and you liking older characters, i think xD

And the way you talk sometimes

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not making that up. He was an unregistered guest that made a thread in the TearRing Saga subforum, I imagine expecting that Aethin was somehow the owner of the place or something like that. He claimed to be that old, saying that strategy games where the only ones that interested him anymore, and that Berwick Saga was one of the best he'd played. Give me a minute, I'll see if I can find the thread...

Interesting!

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I honestly have no idea. Most Kaga fans tend to be older, I guess?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, it was just a feeling. I was thinking something more like 24-25.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

I actually would've guessed you're a year younger than you actually are. That would've been my guess based on some games you've mentioned and the like.

Oho, we got ourselves a proper detective here! Very impressive. Though, to be fair, you've read at least one of my LPs. Nobody would think I'm old if they saw the juvenile nonsense I write in my threads sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, your profile pic and you liking older characters, i think xD

Hwahahahahahahah... My profile pic? Really? I thought I looked pretty young there! And that second thing is just hilarious. How does liking quality characters instead of rubbish generic anime teen waifus and husbandos make me old?

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And the way you talk sometimes

Ahh, yes, I figured this would pop up. When I was a kid I was unbearable with my language. Pompous to a fault, I was. Just one of the symptoms of my Asperger's. Eventually I learned to be more "relaxed" in my speech, but I still like for my sentences to look prim and proper, to an extent. Not gonna lie, things like saying "ngl" instead of "not gonna lie" just don't come naturally to me. At this point I've embraced that side of me. I'm a proud weirdo, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I honestly have no idea. Most Kaga fans tend to be older, I guess?

Of course you'd assume that, Kaga fans are more mature and intelligent on average.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, it was just a feeling. I was thinking something more like 24-25.

Huh. Well, that's neat.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Despite playing Awakening before any Archanea/Judgral/BB

I mean, you wouldn't believe Blazing Sword was my first, given my sheer disdain for it these days. Opinions change. Casuals become elitists. Elitists become casuals. It's the cycle of life.

I still like for my sentences to look prim and proper, to an extent

With strangers? Yeah, maybe

But with people i know i don't like it xD

Makes us feel more distant, so to say

But with people i know i don't like it xD

Makes us feel more distant, so to say

Don't get me wrong, I don't speak to everyone like they're my boss or anything like that. I just slip in "bigger" words on occasion, so to speak. Nothing too awful. At least I don't think, heh!

It's more noticeable on the internet, since most people use abbreviations for everything, whereas I prefer to painstakingly write all the words. At best you'll catch me uttering a "lol" here and there.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody would think I'm old if they saw the juvenile nonsense I write in my threads sometimes.

Flashbacks to the filenames of some portraits, particularly Paramythis.

I mean, you're also kinda in the middle age between my brother and I, so the style of speech is kinda familiar as a result of that (even though you are less inclined than I to abbreviate). You can definitely make a general guess at age based on how people type and whatnot online, despite that my brother and I are both from the States and you're from Spain. 

On the age topic as a whole I wouldn't have really thought about it with anyone here. Just not a topic I gave much consideration.

I mean, you wouldn't believe Blazing Sword was my first, given my sheer disdain for it these days. Opinions change. Casuals become elitists. Elitists become casuals. It's the cycle of life.

War never changes, huh?

Ahh, yes, I figured this would pop up. When I was a kid I was unbearable with my language. Pompous to a fault, I was. Just one of the symptoms of my Asperger's. Eventually I learned to be more "relaxed" in my speech, but I still like for my sentences to look prim and proper, to an extent. Not gonna lie, things like saying "ngl" instead of "not gonna lie" just don't come naturally to me. At this point I've embraced that side of me. I'm a proud weirdo, I suppose.

I wonder how much of that is consistent among the autistic spectrum or at least in Aspergers, there wasn't much talk like that with any I've known and of course I just tend not to myself.

Nobody would think I'm old if they saw the juvenile nonsense I write in my threads sometimes.

Trust me, melodrama knows no age.

Spoiler

I had a story where the protagonist was a mute due to trauma caused by his brother. And the villain was also written to have a familial frustration.

I was not much younger than you are now making this. I swear I don't and didn't have a grudge with my actual brother.

Fair is fair, not the best example.