Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I've taken a couple days off, but I think it's time to go and kill Gray Volcens at last. I gotta finish Bugquest so I can move on to Berwick again!

554tUMB.jpg

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

My second playthrough in CrossCode has confirmed to me that the desert temple is the lowest part of the game.

I still went through it faster because I knew how most of the puzzles worked......but I kinda didn't like those puzzles. This one being the worst offender.

There's also just a lot of backtracking in this dungeon compared to other dungeons.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I've taken a couple days off, but I think it's time to go and kill Gray Volcens at last. I gotta finish Bugquest so I can move on to Berwick again!

Spoilers (Berwick Saga):

Spoiler

Derrick Almuthborough: And as the sun rises and sets, so too does the Sancti Rubenii move and return to lake Berwick.

Edited by Dayni

I like how Xander has frown lines even when he's not frowning.

And once again, we get cutscene attacks that do absolutely nothing. At least when Takumi shot Kabbãge I could believe that maybe he hit her in the shoulder or something, but that attack of Garon's looked like it should've cleaved Elise right in half. But no, she's just fine. Meh. Let's just get this over with...

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Derrick Almuthborough: And as the sun rises and sets, so too does the Sancti Rubenii move and return to lake Berwick.

You should probably specify what the spoilers are from. It's Berwick Saga.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how Xander has frown lines even when he's not frowning.

And once again, we get cutscene attacks that do absolutely nothing. At least when Takumi shot Kabbãge I could believe that maybe he hit her in the shoulder or something, but that attack of Garon's looked like it should've cleaved Elise right in half. But no, she's just fine. Meh. Let's just get this over with...

You should probably specify what the spoilers are from. It's Berwick Saga.

Yeah yeah, I panicked because I had made multiple changes and didn't even have spoilers initially.

Then I thought it'd be funny to have it be quoted from a documentarian.

Then realised the spoilers

Alright, resumed my CK2 playthrough.

In the span of seven years, I invited claimants to Bavaria and Sardinia&Corsica, and pressed their claims. Thus, weakening further the Byzantines. Though the way they have their title redistribution... things got quite weird. Like, apparently whoever had the Kingdom of Bavaria also held under their jurisdiction places like the Bulgarian coast and their Persian holdings. Uh huh. I expect the Exclave rule to further split this, but for a moment one can be amazed at Bavarian Persia.

Also, pft, the Shia are calling another Jihad, against Arabia, who was recently forced to be Jerusalem's tributary. Why do they even bother, the Shia only have like... just the Caliph, who is a vassal of the Catholic Mongol Empire. There's no independent Shia realm... if there are even Shia rulers anywhere...

Hurray, the power of brotherly love has brought forth an anime power-up moment and...

...Holy shit this theme is so good.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Yeah yeah, I panicked because I had made multiple changes and didn't even have spoilers initially.

Then I thought it'd be funny to have it be quoted from a documentarian.

Then realised the spoilers

It's all right, it got a chuckle out of me, but well... That's literally the most grievous Berwick spoiler there is. Better exercise some caution.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm not there yet, but the final boss is going to be one big HP sponge, isn't it?

Bosses like that aren't hard per se, just tedious, tbh.

Oh yeah, final boss has like a million HP on it's final phase and that's on Normal mode.

At least as far as Trails goes, Falcom generally has fucked up when it comes to final bosses. Zero and Cold Steel 1 were the only games with good final bosses imo.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awwww, what a goddamned shame, the theme was replaced by a dissonant thing in the actual map. Oh, well. Time to cut through the slime.

The theme for that map's one of the ones styled from the third route, made to represent Valla.

You know, the route where the music's intentionally mysterious and kinda alien, only not as much as this from SDatBoL.

On another note, France has conquered Denmark and... honestly, at this point I don't know why they don't create the Empire of Scandinavia already. Though I haven't calculated if they have the 80% De Jure threshold needed. They certainly have the resources to create the title. At some point the Mongols reconquered most of the Tibetan Plateau, also.

Also, it's 1319AD now, the year the cooldown period for the Pope to call another Crusade ends. This would be the Eighth one I think... though I wonder just what would be the target... not that many left...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Good start for the map. Four entrap users that joink away four members of my team and there's virtually nothing I can do about it. At least the enemies have the decency not to move the first turn, but... You know, for how horrible they are, at least if you look up where they are you can sidestep the Thracia warp tiles. No such luck with this crap.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, final boss has like a million HP on it's final phase and that's on Normal mode.

At least as far as Trails goes, Falcom generally has fucked up when it comes to final bosses. Zero and Cold Steel 1 were the only games with good final bosses imo.

Gotcha. I'm playing normal, so yay.

I think I'm almost to the final stretch. Anything I should be aware of going in?

My final team is likely going to include both Agate and Kloe. I've bought some supplies and made some attack food, so hopefully I'm prepared for it.

Every passing moment, my attempts to convince myself that this game's lategame doesn't drag it down quite as much as Thracia's feel less and less convincing.

What the hell is this garbage? Am I just too bad, dumb and ugly to comprehend this game's godly design? Can someone please tell me the strategy to kill units with a bazillion defense when the entrap bitches take away my heaviest hitters every single time and there's nothing I can do to prevent it?

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just got back from testing for Governor’s School. It was... hard. Not hard because I didn’t know the answers to most of them or anything like that, but because we had TEN MINUTES for every test (except the essay if you count that). I did reasonably well on most of them, but I had to skip every question that took more then a moderate amount of thinking to get on to the next ones, and there were multiple tests where I had literal seconds left to complete it so I rushed through the remaining few just picking any answer. I think I passed all of them except maybe the one on number relations, but if placement is based on how you do compared to how other kids did and not just seeing if you passed then... oof.

I don’t know who this is but yes.

I was going to applaud you for once not wasting taxes Sooks, but for some reason I’m no longer in a congenial mood.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every passing moment, my attempts to convince myself that this game's lategame doesn't drag it down quite as much as Thracia's feel less and less convincing.

What the hell is this garbage? Am I just too bad, dumb and ugly to comprehend this game's godly design? Can someone please tell me the strategy to kill units with a bazillion defense when the entrap bitches take away my heaviest hitters every single time and there's nothing I can do to prevent it?

They only entrap you if you’re out in the middle of the hallway. Pair up with your high movement units.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No mercy no respite Saint Rubenio!

I've had enough. I'll try again tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They only entrap you if you’re out in the middle of the hallway. Pair up with your high movement units.

What? They have infinite range! Deceptive much?

Here's my team and orbment setup for endgame. FC's endgame wasn't terribly difficult, but SC's a harder game. Does this look alright?

My team is all around the 80-84 level mark.

Spoilered for size.

Spoiler

wwZvmoDJ_o.png

zIdbujK6_o.png

U4pqsVmY_o.png

TKfdqP88_o.png