MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ayy grats!

Should do that fight on Hard/Nightmare sometime šŸ˜„

Thanks.

Maybe...maybe...

--------

Well, I'm at the end.

About to enter the Core Sector for the final battle.

Dang, this has been an amazing game.

I'm flipping pumped.

Time to take on the big HP sponge.

753311608285036665.png?v=1

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks.

Maybe...maybe...

--------

Well, I'm at the end.

About to enter the Core Sector for the final battle.

Dang, this has been an amazing game.

I'm flipping pumped.

Time to take on the big HP sponge.

753311608285036665.png?v=1

Good Luck šŸ˜„

And beware his vanish attacks in the finalĀ phase! If he kills someone with it, they can't revive!

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh yeah, question about that

How's does Topple work in XB2? Like in XB1 you had to Break -> Topple -> Stun.

XB2 kinda missed explaining that xD

Ā 

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You cannot spam Arts of one stage to make it last longer, that could be abused back in XC1 to stop enemies from ever attacking once you Toppled them.

To follow up on that, while you can't spam those Arts, Break and Topple can still be extended. Skills and accessories are one way but Fusion Combos will also extend the duration of both the Driver Combo and the Blade Combo and this can stack.Ā 

The duration is also halted if you do a Lv.3 Blade Combo or a Lv.4 Blade Special so in addition to getting i-frames from that, that's something you want to do.

All that said, there will never be a situation where you keep an enemy in eternal Break or Topple. It will wear off eventually.

Launch can be extended but it's duration won't be halted by the cinematics. And Smash doesn't really have a duration, it's pretty much instant damage.

Edited by Armagon

Numbers, it's all numbers...

59HRa0H.png

Battles are of such scale this late game.

yr66HIB.png

The farther these Crusades go, the harder it becomes to be the top scorer. The Mongol Empire has it easy, as it were. But thanks to those battles, I managed to overtake it and become the main contributor once again. And thus, I put one of my character's half-brothers in the throne of Rajputana.

And I inch closer to the end date...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ā 

To follow up on that, while you can't spam those Arts, Break and Topple can still be extended. Skills and accessories are one way but Fusion Combos will also extend the duration of both the Driver Combo and the Blade Combo and this can stack.Ā 

The duration is also halted if you do a Lv.3 Blade Combo or a Lv.4 Blade Special so in addition to getting i-frames from that, that's something you want to do.

All that said, there will never be a situation where you keep an enemy in eternal Break or Topple. It will wear off eventually.

Launch can be extended but it's duration won't be halted by the cinematics. And Smash doesn't really have a duration, it's pretty much instant damage.

i see

thanks^^

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I DON'T REMEMBER ASKING!!!!1!!1!1ONE!!!!

*something something I live in America and have freedom of speech something something šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø*

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

*something something I live in America and have freedom of speech something something šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø*

FEAR US WE HAVE BRAINWASHING ALSO

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ā but Fusion Combos will also extend the duration of both the Driver Combo and the Blade Combo and this can stack.Ā 

This goes both ways, starting a driver combo extends the time in which blade combos can be chained, when one is already started.

Edited by lightcosmo

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and apparently Calvinists (the book goes into detail about religion in Germany at the time, it is very relevant, if not the only cause of the 30YW as is often claimed) believe inĀ or used to believe in "double predestination". When the FrenchmanĀ John Calvin read St. Augustine and saw him describe predestination, he thought "God would be weak if He could only predestine people atĀ birth, I'm almightily against that! God can make it manifest in this world that he has predestined sinners by having them repent laterĀ in life".Ā 

I have quite negative thoughts on predestination personally, but this honestly just kinda undermines the point of it does it not? Nor does it mean that the repenter necessarily has to ensure their future actions are good as well. And on looking briefly it seems like that's not what Calvin said and the term double predestination refers to God choosing those who will be redeemed and those who will not. I am trying to be accurate on this, but just looking briefly at it it looks like he's arguing that predestination is not something that's really altered during life with statements like "...spirit of repentance and faith is not given to all" and that salvation is determined solely by god.

(An aside, in discussions with my brother, he has argued that there was a particular mentality of those who were quite willing to exploit those around them, how this emerged in Switzerland (Calvinism did have a central presence in Geneva) and England (which is not a place where Calvinists held much presence long tern) and that predestination was something used as self-justification. I have my disagreements with this, not merely about the tying it to Protestantism specifically (trust me that this isn't him excusing Catholicism), but that in and of itself seems off. Of course when I mention Calvinism I refer to the movement which had John Calvin as its leading figure and the fact I had to tell him the term predestination in the conversation should be a sign.)

One general detail the book mentions is the reason forĀ the Imperial EstatesĀ in the first place. During the Medieval period, monarchs were expected to live off their own lands, a king was not expected to tax their nobles as we'd expect them to. Instead, when extraordinary circumstances arose, the king would petition a levy from his nobles, a one-off payment.

Thanks for showing that CKII

The main reason for this loathing of the HRE for about two centuries factoring in it appearingĀ first inĀ the late 1700s, is the rise of the idea of the Nation-State. Because the 1800s was dominated by the rise of nationalism in Europe,Ā institutions thatĀ appeared antithetical to Nation-States -to centralized governments consisting of a single people-Ā were to be stoned to death or have their graves urinated on if they were already dead. The HREĀ was not a modern Nation-State, it was not centralized, and it had the only somewhatĀ German Kingdom of Bohemia as an ElectorĀ plus the man in HanoverĀ for a time was both an Elector and theĀ monarch of GreatĀ Britain. Although there are problems associatedĀ with decentralized authority and ethnic diversity in the modern day *coughAmericaCovidresponse&racismcough*, I think the modern era recognizes that decentralization in the form of "autonomy" isn't inherently bad, andĀ that ethnic purity is a supremacist-ly bad idea in any country.

You know what, I can see that logic. A central ruling figure, even with the divine right of kings being rescinded, was the general trend at the time and anything not resembling that authority would be contravenous to that logic. makes sense to bash an electoral system that evolved from within an empire established nearly a millennium ago, which while made of the elites of that system was still taking steps away from the terrifying status quo of the period.

"The historian's only interest in this stultifying ossification lies in the process by which it was brought to an end"

I'm calling out this in particular as I'd like to ask what about Barbarossa's first Reich, just as an example.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

59HRa0H.png

Battles are of such scale this late game.

I still remember the rebellion I had form from a few vassals that had 120,000 troops under it's belt in around 1300.

They formed on Corsica. With no ships.

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I still remember the rebellion I had form from a few vassals that had 120,00 troops under it's belt in around 1300.

They formed on Corsica. With no ships.

Gotta love when that happens.

I think in one playthrough I saw the Rise of the Shia event trigger... in Socotra. Yep.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So...the boss can just throw his def up and there's nothing i can do about it?

Arts don't work. Crafts don't work.

Uh...

Tip: look at his color

use your own buffs

and: Beware vanish!

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Of game time.

CK2 ends at 1453. I'm in 1323AD currently. So yeah, 130 years. Well, closer to 129 since it's October.

How long has that game been going in real time?

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gotta love when that happens.

I was genuinely terrified of attacking them because Sardinia wasn't in my domain either so I had to do boat landings.

Never mind getting the soldiers together, I was surprised by the sheer number. I took the time to capture the vassals and was still losing war score because of this death pile that was undefeated and losing thousands of soldiers every month.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Arts don't work. Crafts don't work.

To be honest the skills in this game being called Arts and Crafts is funny to me.

Like they're going to make macaroni sculptures to defeat their foes.

So there was a patch for Sims 4 today that added a new emotion (scared/terrified (terrified is the more intense form of the emotion, which most emotions have)), but more importantly, fixed bugs like a lot of patches do. The patch notes said something about fixing something about the console version, I don quite recall, and there is no more ā€œsimulation lagā€ (what I mentioned before where actions will take literal in game hours because sims just stand there for a while instead of doing the action, especially bad for actions that require multiple animations or an animation playing and stopping then playing again like eating). This is great!