Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You would need to shuffle all the Blades before NG+ though, since you'd otherwise have to wait for the respective party members to rejoin you.

Totally forgot about fact haha. You would not have access to all your blades until everyone joins you.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There's also another complicating factor (Chapter 8 spoilers)

Which would require more Overdrives.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

B7eJA2Y.png?width=538&height=432

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey now, the rewards in Berwick Saga are like nifty little easter eggs, nothing more.

Valkyria Chronicles has a similar system. Any character that dies leaves behind a memento in their will, which provides some bonuses i think.

Of course, with the the three turn grace period, you would have to fuck up incredibly hard for you to actually lose anyone.....or just not rescue anyone on purpose. If anyone can get VC units killed, it's Benice.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

So Xenobros i have a small XB2 challenge for you that's only possible in NG+

One i might do myself a few months down the line

Put all the blades you have in a radomizer and let it randomize 3 for each party member. For Tora you randomize Poppi's roles and elements.

Could be a fun run, i imagine

Problem: Overdrive protocols might be troublesome. Can you redeem DLC stuff again in NG+?

It does sound like an interesting run although it would be complicated for reasons already stated.

I take it you'll try to pull every Blade in the game before attempting something like this though? Just to maximize odds and whatnot.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I take it you'll try to pull every Blade in the game before attempting something like this though? Just to maximize odds and whatnot.

Yeah, especially since i already have most of them.

And fill some affinity charts while at it. So i will do it after i finish the post game, basically.

Btw, is there no postgame super hard dungeon RPGs like to add every so often?

lmao

Edited by Shrimperor

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, is there no postgame super hard dungeon RPGs like to add every so often?

Not really, no. The most you'd get is the Superbosses and, in Xenoblade 2's case, Challenge Mode.

Tbh, kinda hard to fit in a difficult post-game area when already existing areas have endgame sections.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If anyone can get VC units killed, it's Benice.

PARDON ME

I only killed off 95% of the cast in one of the easiest FEs...

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbh, kinda hard to fit in a difficult post-game area when already existing areas have endgame sections.

that is true!

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Would anyone be up for sharing their favorite setups for XC2? Y'know, what strategy you think is best/most fun to use, I'm curious as to how others play!

I didn't find a favourite setup yet, but i did share my final party when i finished the game

On 2/7/2021 at 4:25 AM, Shrimperor said:

Before i post my full thoughts, here's my Final Party and the Blades i got

Spoiler

ismDg5G.jpg
Wo9MlFJ.jpgZFGanZf.jpgjMPmFs2.jpg
qFzF1aP.jpg

Here are my observations of my own Party:

Rex:

• The only purpose of Dhalia really is her multi orb strike, she's hella useful because of that and maybe heal specials. Dunno who to replace her with, thinking maybe Vess, but that just seems like the inferior option
  • Roc i only Smash with him lol
  • Tbf with Rex i mostly stick to Mythra and just spam Arts xD
  • Spoiler

Blade Nia is also really fun to play with

Nia:

• Dromach is kinda meh, but combined with Nim makes for a good asssaving blade.
  • Nim is good for healing specials, but maybe someone else can do a better job
  • Crosette is good.

Tora:

• Poppi is hella fun to play with, especially QT3.14

Morag:

• evasion for days
  • Honestly, tankers are usually my least fav. types to play with in XB, from what i noticed during playing XB1, 2 + their DLCs. I'd rather let the AI do that and draw aggro and stuff

Zekenator:

• I am actually pretty content with him. With the blades i have on him i can almost do a full driver combo, and i can retreat and strike from range with Azami if i need be. Maybe one thing i am not completely happy with is that his elements make blade combos hard lol

Honestly it's pretty hard to change a party once you stick with one lol

Edited by Shrimperor

Looks like this might be another night of staying up late because I’m near the part I want to finish at in the game...

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is what she deserves for being a filthy Hector x Florina shipper. /s

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

PARDON ME

But hard mode!

And hector mode!

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

PARDON ME

"Only" he says.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Would anyone be up for sharing their favorite setups for XC2? Y'know, what strategy you think is best/most fun to use, I'm curious as to how others play!

I've honestly never had a particular favorite setup although in post-game, I like to use T-elos a lot in multifights because she is too strong.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The only purpose of Dhalia really is her multi orb strike, she's hella useful because of that and maybe heal specials. Dunno who to replace her with, thinking maybe Vess, but that just seems like the inferior option

Yeah, the Bitball tier-list is Crossette >>> Dhalia >>>> everyone else.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, tankers are usually my least fav. types to play with in XB, from what i noticed during playing XB1, 2 + their DLCs. I'd rather let the AI do that and draw aggro and stuff

Same although solo'ing with Morag/Corvin is really fun. Especially with Overdrive.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And hector mode!

What is Hector Mode?/s

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Only" he says.

Well, what's YOUR highest survival tally in an HHM ironman? Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, the Bitball tier-list is Crossette >>> Dhalia >>>> everyone else.

Is there any point to using Not!Baymax?

Edited by Benice

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is what she deserves for being a filthy Hector x Florina shipper. /s

Them's fighting words! Resultado de imagen de tom and jerry fencing meme

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But hard mode!

And hector mode!

Okay, who to bring into this "Only two deployment slots and Hector is mandatory" map... Eliwood or Lyn? What other options?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay I ended up finishing pretty soon after I said it was going to be a long time. What do ya know?

I should be able to 100% Detroit in two more play throughs, and I might play through a third time just to end with the good ending.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Them's fighting words! Resultado de imagen de tom and jerry fencing meme

It’s like the cliche of the one awkward and antisocial guy/girl secretly crushing on the super cool guy/girl who miraculously feels the same way after speaking to them once... but anime. So worse.

Hector x Lyn for life!

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, who to bring into this "Only two deployment slots and Hector is mandatory" map... Eliwood or Lyn? What other options?

Nino is always the only option.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think that’s gonna be my first iron man.

And I think I’ll love ironmanning.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What is Hector Mode?/s

I don’t know, something about Oswin, Hector’s brother, someone who wants money, and a mediocre pre promote? I think it was a fever dream.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of course, with the the three turn grace period, you would have to fuck up incredibly hard for you to actually lose anyone.....or just not rescue anyone on purpose.

It wouldn't be difficult to lose someone -if the bad guys actually bothered to step next to your dying comrades, that'd permanently get rid of them before the three turns are up remember.

Sure permadeath is highly unlikely to happen, and the penalty is less hefty than in FE because of generic replacement units existing and the group-leveling system of VC. But permadeath is still permanent, and generics and lesser named & faced characters are still inherently somewhat weaker than those you'll be losing. Permadeath is enough of a means of discouraging players from blindly running into gunfire and getting thwacked again and again until they win, most of the time that is.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is true, particularly that hitherto sealed off section of Tephra Caves, that was an interesting idea. Maybe they could run with that again, except, while the blocked section of Tephra was pretty ordinary, maybe it could turn out there was some hidden spoilers-themed section in an earlier area? 

I'd also think it's a matter of resources. Xenoblade makes each area visually pleasing with at least a minor dose of creativity (other than caves perhaps). A bonus area is going to need that same kind of inspiration and effort, is it worth for an "optional" postgame place not all players may even bother seeing?

Thirdly, Xenoblade doesn't do "dungeons" well. The High Entia Tomb, Galahad Fortress, the Ardainian Battleship, the Abandoned Warehouse, the more "dungeony" areas have been among the weaker ones. I don't think "linear, with the facade of open world" as in XC1&2 when I think of postgame areas, I think purely linear and long ordeals of strong enemies and maybe some puzzles.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s like the cliche of the one awkward and antisocial guy/girl secretly crushing on the super cool guy/girl who miraculously feels the same way after speaking to them once... but anime. So worse.

Hector x Lyn for life!

True. Their entire support chain should've just been the C support. Then B and A could've given us when they actually fell for each other aside on that time in Chapter 16H...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nino is always the only option.

It was joke since you were quoting Benice saying he killed 95% of the cast.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think that’s gonna be my first iron man.

I'd advocate to not start with FE7. FE7 is pretty bad for ironmanning; I know I'm garbo, but it's not hard to end up with no healers the same way I did. (Seriously, you have two healers from chapter 11 until chapter 26, when Panto joins And only one easy-to-get thief until chapter 27.)

A game like FE11*, FE8, FE6* or something would prolly be better, since they are designed around being able to lose units without softlocking or...Well, making the experience terrible. FE7 wasn't made with that in mind. Fates might work as well.

That said, I just really am not a fan of FE7. Still, I would try something more Ironmannable first.

*Use a guide or QoL patches to get rid of ambush spawns if you so choose.

Edited by Benice

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

Is there any point to using Not!Baymax?

The beauty of Xenoblade 2 is that there is never a reason to not use anyone. Sure, some Blades are better than others but you really can just use who you like.

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

Zero because Hector Mode doesn't exist.

Also i don't do ironmans.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-if the bad guys actually bothered to step next to your dying comrades,

Yeah, it's really funny when enemy units kill your units at point-blank range and then just end their turn there.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe they could run with that again

They kinda already have in Xenoblade X. A lot of the places you can't get to without a Flight Module are filled with very powerful enemies.

But Xenoblade X is a true open world game so it's different.

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Does anyone have a HQ version of this?

I don't think one exists unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OMG, I just saw again one of my most favorite comedy sketches...

One of the best Spanish wordplays there is.

Screenshot_2670.png?width=820&height=432

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was joke since you were quoting Benice saying he killed 95% of the cast.

Nino. Is. Always. The. Best. Option.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'd advocate to not start with FE7. FE7 is pretty bad for ironmanning; I know I'm garbo, but it's not hard to end up with no healers the same way I did. (Seriously, you have two healers from chapter 11 until chapter 26, when Panto joins And only one easy-to-get thief until chapter 27.)

A game like FE11*, FE8, FE6* or something would prolly be better, since they are designed around being able to lose units without softlocking or...Well, making the experience terrible. FE7 wasn't made with that in mind. Fates might work as well.

That said, I just really am not a fan of FE7. Still, I would try something more Ironmannable first.

*Use a guide or QoL patches to get rid of ambush spawns if you so choose.

Okay okay but get this: fe7 was my first fe. Therefore, it will be the first one I iron man.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*video unavailable*

Well, that's a bummer.

Wait, just not available? Not due to copyright or something?

Edited by Acacia Sgt