• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Gojira is trending on Twitter but it's about a band and not Godzilla.

I got baited.

*rim shot*

Yeah, the French band has an upcoming album in April.

Killing time before the Direct by working

Let's see how many Cults i am a part of over here

Thracia cult

Berwick cult

Conquest cult

3H cult

Xenoblade cult (new member)

Classic Trails cult

Ys cult

Nep cult

Did i miss anything? xD

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah... Perhaps that's it. Youtube algorythm is one of the great mysteries of the world. How can it be so uncannily right and yet so spectacularly wrong at the same time?

Meeeehh... To be honest, the games haven't caught my eye at all. RPGs need a really good and unique story or interesting gameplay concepts to get me interested. Xenoblade, well... I don't want to sound like a boomer, but FE is as anime as I'm willing to go. Haven't looked into its gameplay, but frankly, I just can't be bothered.

NGL i don't think JRPG is the genre for you, honestly. Like even some games i think you might like have some lines i know you consider deal breakers, so i don't recommend many of that genre to you haha

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought you were of the Conquest cult.

I meant a non Fire Emblem cult. If this discussion happened anywhere other than serenesforest, I’d be shilling fe!

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Detroit: Become human?

I don’t think it counts as a cult when there’s one member.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

NGL i don't think JRPG is the genre for you, honestly. Like even some games i think you might like have some lines i know you consider deal breakers, so i don't recommend many of that genre to you haha

Well, I've often stated that I'm not fond of JRPGs, myself. Out of curiousity, would you tell me what those games are that you'd recommend if it wasn't for certain... "lines"? Alongside the lines, if you please. I'm curious now.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

On other news, i might be moving to a new apartment soon.

Rip student life, i will miss ya. 

Oof. Well, at least times of change can bring new things, new people, new experiences and new restaurants to eat at!

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

don’t think it counts as a cult when there’s one member.

I'm the only one here who's part of the Yakuza cult.

Heck, and I haven't even played one yet...

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Don’t be skeptical Twilit, it’s one of the great fantasy classics of the early 20th century.

I mean, you just said you were recommending speculative fiction.

Would speculating on the motives of passing on speculative works not count as speculation in and of itself?

Meanwhile, me sitting here like:

9a5.jpg

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I've often stated that I'm not fond of JRPGs, myself. Out of curiousity, would you tell me what those games are that you'd recommend if it wasn't for certain... "lines"? Alongside the lines, if you please. I'm curious now.

Hmmm

Classic Trails i think you might enjoy, but if you want challenge you need higher difficulties, which lead to some heavy difficulty spikes (which i personally love, but i know many people aren't exactly fond of). Also i think Estelle x Joshua might throw you off. 

And modern Trails is worse than Fates with Dating sim, so you will drop the story and be dissapointed like i am.

Tales of Berseria is real good, but character designs/outfits are definetly dealbreakers for you here xD

Valkyria Chronicles is FE, but WW2. You could try the demo on the switch. However has some ''anime'' moments. Not as bad as Fates or even close to that, but some people are sensitive to that stuff.

Radiant Historia...I think you might actually love that one. Definetly. There's a 3DS demo or you can emulate DS version

Those are from the top of my head xD

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Are you graduating Shrimp-kun? 

already did, a while ago, but until the end of the semester (end of March) i am still officially a student with all student priviliges. And i am about to lose that xD

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

On other news, i might be moving to a new apartment soon.

Rip student life, i will miss ya. 

Congrats!

...wait you’ll miss student life?

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

new restaurants to eat at

Yes.

Three Houses cult

Conquest cult

Gba fe cult

Detroit: Become Human cult LEADER, PRESIDENT, CHANCELLOR, TREASURER, SECRETARY, AND ONLY MEMBER

Harry Potter cult

Miss Peregrine’s cult

Zelda cult

...Stardew cult?

I think that’s it.

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm the only one here who's part of the Yakuza cult.

Heck, and I haven't even played one yet...

Detroit: Become Human is unpopular though.

I’ll add it to the list anyway!

Of course i will lol.

Not only will i stop meeting new peeps easily, i will lose alot of student priviliges xD

What privileges?

This is a sad question to ask..... I wonder if Germany has a different system (unless you’re studying abroad). 🤔

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What privileges?

This is a sad question to ask..... I wonder if Germany has a different system (unless you’re studying abroad). 🤔

Mostly discounts on stuff you could buy.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What privileges?

Student dorms

Cheaper access to pretty much everything, from health insurance to public transport to cinema tickets. Even Amazon prime xD

Access to some student exclusive services that become hella expensive after. Especially research stuff.

stuff like that.

Edited by Shrimperor

Cheaper access to pretty much everything, from health insurance to public transport to cinema tickets. Even Amazon prime xD

Access to some student exclusive services that become hella expensive after. Especially research stuff.

Those student privileges sound very good.

Meanwhile in America, you get to go in debt for having an education (except community colleges, those are reasonable).

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Student dorms

stuff like that.

Either America doesn’t have that (which would not surprise me at all, and I think is the case) or no one told me about it. Anyway, F!

Except for student dorms. We have those.

Will you need that research stuff outside of school?

Edited by Sooks