• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looking at Weltall again, in the alternate universe where XG gets resurrected, I think the Weltall and some of other Gears need their designs redrawn or at least polished to an extent.

Well for what it's worth, they got sorta reused in Xenosaga as minor and (in one case, optional) bosses.

109OmegaUniversitas.png

108OmegaId.png

There's more but these two are the ones that have that really close resemblence.

Edited by Armagon

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A remake is likely to add the scrapped battalion idea, so there would be even more enemies.

Top 30 Star Trek Vi GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

But there already are battalions in fe4. That’s every group of enemies!

What is this scrapped idea? That doesn’t sound like something Kaga would scrap!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But there already are battalions in fe4. That’s every group of enemies!

What is this scrapped idea? That doesn’t sound like something Kaga would scrap!

Basically something like TH's battalions, most likely. They were originally planned for Genealogy, but had to be scrapped for time or complexity or so.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Basically something like TH's battalions, most likely. They were originally planned for Genealogy, but had to be scrapped for time or complexity or so.

But that’s not more physical enemies then, just gambits? I would prefer to just get the leader guys with gambits then those huge swarms.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But that’s not more physical enemies then, just gambits? I would prefer to just get the leader guys with gambits then those huge swarms.

I'd have to find again the interview that mentioned them. But yes, battalions, in whatever form they would've been, were planned.

Anyway, too late for me. Gotta sleep to start another almost-half-a-day on the grinder. Night!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway, too late for me. Gotta sleep to start another almost-half-a-day on the grinder. Night

Sleep well!

Turn 14 of chapter 1 (so 34 overall) and Genoa is seized. Not being able to save scum the arena made me hold off from trying the 4th enemy with most units, Sigurd and Quan were the exceptions (although Quan had problems with the 6th, and I had to retry a lot for some roughly 1/64 odds of victory at 1 health...) I tried it with Ethlyn due to her out speeding him, but no dice, so she had to stay at 1 HP until we reunited with Aideen, and Alec was such a failure that he couldn't pass the third (which gave Ethlyn something to heal in the meantime). I did the old trick against Kinbaith of holding a line at the lone tree, killing everything that bothered to attack, while using canto to push Sigurd, Quan and Lex into some obstructionary position for Kinbaith and his handaxe guards, which let me wipe the lot of them safely over two turns (with both Azel and Arden getting a kill or two, Azel even finished Kinbaith off after some Sigurd chip). I delayed a little to give Dew a little xp, and kill the brigand burning the village. Now I am still trying to hold off Ayra, but Alec can do that fairly safely, so I doubt it will be too big a deal...hopefully

...oh wow, how did I forget to have Sigurd talk with Aideen... well I guess I will manage that at some point...

Now for the unit report:

Spoiler

Sigurd Lv 12.65  HP 44  STR 20 MAG 00  SKL 16  SPD 14  LCK 07  DEF 11  RES 04

Noish  Lv 05.71  HP 34  STR 13 MAG 00  SKL 08  SPD 08  LCK 04  DEF 10  RES 00

Alec     Lv 05.36  HP 34  STR 09 MAG 00  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 05  DEF 07  RES 00

Arden  Lv 06.33  HP 37  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 05  SPD 04  LCK 03  DEF 14  RES 00

Azel     Lv 05.50  HP 34  STR 00 MAG 11  SKL 08  SPD 12  LCK 02  DEF 02  RES 06

Lex      Lv 08.82  HP 36  STR 12 MAG 00  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 09  DEF 11  RES 00

Quan   Lv 08.77  HP 38  STR 20 MAG 01  SKL 12  SPD 11  LCK 05  DEF 12  RES 03

Finn     Lv 06.04  HP 34  STR 11 MAG 00  SKL 10  SPD 12  LCK 11  DEF 09  RES 00

Ethlyn  Lv 06.24  HP 32  STR 06 MAG 09  SKL 12  SPD 14  LCK 10  DEF 06  RES 07

Midir    Lv 05.33  HP 33  STR 10 MAG 01  SKL 08  SPD 09  LCK 03  DEF 07  RES 00

Aideen Lv 03.40  HP 28  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 08  SPD 09  LCK 11  DEF 01  RES 10

Dew      Lv 02.65  HP 28  STR 04 MAG 00  SKL 06  SPD 15  LCK 12  DEF 02  RES 00 

Turn 21 (so 41 overall) and Marpha is seized. Azel is earning a name as the boss killer at this point as he takes Gandolf out as well. Getting Ayra went fine, although it ended up far enough away that she wasn't able to reach what little combat was around Marpha before we seized (I also played it a little faster than I probably should have in an ironman, but it turned out fine...), so she is still base level. I think this is the last update for the night, as finding a way of safely recruiting Jamke is going to take brain power (plus I am going to go a second round in the arena in Marpha, going all out and healing as we do the slow trek into the spirit forest...)

Now for the unit update real quick:

Spoiler

Sigurd Lv 12.99  HP 44  STR 20 MAG 00  SKL 16  SPD 14  LCK 07  DEF 11  RES 04

Noish  Lv 06.35  HP 35  STR 13 MAG 00  SKL 08  SPD 08  LCK 05  DEF 10  RES 00

Alec     Lv 05.46  HP 35  STR 09 MAG 00  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 05  DEF 07  RES 00

Arden  Lv 06.61  HP 37  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 05  SPD 04  LCK 03  DEF 14  RES 00

Azel     Lv 06.20  HP 35  STR 00 MAG 11  SKL 08  SPD 12  LCK 02  DEF 02  RES 06

Lex      Lv 10.52  HP 38  STR 13 MAG 01  SKL 10  SPD 11  LCK 10  DEF 12  RES 00

Quan   Lv 09.08  HP 39  STR 20 MAG 01  SKL 12  SPD 12  LCK 05  DEF 13  RES 03

Finn     Lv 06.40  HP 34  STR 11 MAG 00  SKL 10  SPD 12  LCK 11  DEF 09  RES 00

Ethlyn  Lv 06.78  HP 32  STR 06 MAG 09  SKL 12  SPD 14  LCK 10  DEF 06  RES 07

Midir    Lv 06.18  HP 34  STR 10 MAG 01  SKL 08  SPD 09  LCK 03  DEF 08  RES 00

Aideen Lv 05.00  HP 30  STR 00 MAG 13  SKL 08  SPD 09  LCK 12  DEF 01  RES 10

Dew      Lv 03.60  HP 29  STR 04 MAG 00  SKL 06  SPD 15  LCK 12  DEF 03  RES 00 

Ayra      Lv 04.00  HP 32  STR 11 MAG 00  SKL 16  SPD 17  LCK 03  DEF 07  RES 01

...I just realized I forgot to actually visit any of the villages... I may have to get creative with the warp and return staff...tomorrow...

Edit: just one minor thing to add is that I have managed to see all of the unique boss quotes so far by having Midale attack both Gerrard, and Gandolf, and Azel fighting Gandolf.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah the old Ishtroll strikes again. Kill him, with extreme prejudice!

So I did. Shanan had some fun with the bastard.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am kinda hoping they manage to pull off the triangle attack against you. That is exactly the kinda hubris that leads to them succeeding at that terrifying maneuver.

Hah! Well, fortunately for me, Finn was saved by the fact that the knights headed north to Leonster. Instead of confronting the mages, Finn was forced to make a mad dash back to his homeland. He arrived just in time to once again hold off an army too scared to even attack him. The mages headed in the other direction (after some motivation) and were disposed of promptly.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Does that just come from him being the red guy and not the green guy..?

It came from me being a kid back then. Kids aren't known for being smart, generally speaking.

go, Eltosian Kadath said:

I feel a little silly for feeding as many kills to Arden as I did.

Yes! Yes! That's how you need to play! That is how you will achieve victory! Very good!

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Arden  Lv 06.61  HP 37  STR 15 MAG 00  SKL 05  SPD 04  LCK 03  DEF 14  RES 00

Hmph. I'll have you know, Arden was level 12 by the time I reached the end of Verdane! These numbers are child's play!

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe, but her hair seems much blacker than Poppi's. Poppi also has orange ether lines rather than red, but QTπ has some red in her outfit so it could be a reference to that.

I think that Poppis color is actually supposed to be closer to black, but since they use pastel colors, it looks brighter that it should.

At least QT PI.

Edit: you said hair, nevermind then!

Edited by lightcosmo

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Azel is earning a name as the boss killer at this point as he takes Gandolf out as well.

This is kind of how it is in my run, but he just chips them instead.

I only just watched the trailer for Samurai Warriors 5. I've mixed feelings towards bishonen Nobunaga.

• On the one hand, it is finally a new design after almost decades with the same one tweaked oh so slightly. A design shared with Cao Cao who preceded him and continues to exist.
  • On the other hand...
    • There goes an old man. Musou usually has good breadth when it comes to male designs, young pretty boys and rugged old men alike exist. Now, I'm concerned that if Nobunaga is younger, that the entire male cast is going to meet the same fate and it'll be too samey.
      • Except Ieyasu, Ieyasu will remain an old man no matter what, because Koei hates the Shogun.
    • Nobunaga has lost his European-styled general sword for a katana. Will someone else claim it now?
    • Is the Oda's general personality going to be adjusted too? His complete lack of humanity, his aloofness, his existence as unbridled ambition in human form and nothing else, will all that go away?
  • No has likewise been made younger, which is bad because the female variety in Musou is so slanted towards young and cute. The mature femme fatale angle is undone.

Is this an attempt to make mainline Musou more mainstream? Yukimura and Mitsunari aren't enough prettiness, so the entire roster of men has to look like it's from an otome? 

I hope Koei offers the old looks as (overpriced) DLC, because I'm not entirely against the new one, but it has drawbacks.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

There's more but these two are the ones that have that really close resemblence.

Additional polygons and minor detail make them look like they'd age much better!

The disc/eye atop the head looks weird, but I'll assume that is part of something XS-related and applies to things other than Weltall.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

And 111 Stars, that's all i can do for now...

Some require precise tilting (which emulated sucks) and 1 or 2 are so hard, i can't be bothered because i know i won't get the 120 because of the tilt ones

Big F

Tomorrow i may grab a save file somewhere so i can try Grandmaster Galaxy

Edited by Shrimperor

Blume feels like a Binding Blade boss. Jesus, I can't even employ the Balmung nuke because Shanan gets deleted in one shot. Funnily enough, Finn actually is one of the few who can fight him at all without dying. His accuracy is abysmal, but what can you do.

I’m pairing Lewyn and Erin (or at least, I’m going to try to). There is another lady he gets a lot of screen time with, Sylvia, but that feels too Erk x Serra like for my taste.

Is Lewyn and Erin the pair with the convo that makes them instant lovers or is that a different one? I don’t recall.

Just now, Sooks said:

Is Lewyn and Erin the pair with the convo that makes them instant lovers or is that a different one? I don’t recall.

Indeed it is. It seems a pretty obvious pairing. So much so, in fact, that Thracia 776 made it canon.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Indeed it is. It seems a pretty obvious pairing. So much so, in fact, that Thracia 776 made it canon.

Well look at me making good decisions!

I feel bad for whoever is going to end up with Sylvia, looking at the predestined pairings, her only other options are Alec or Claude, who I think is some priest guy they mentioned in the prologue. Unless Alec miraculously passes down his towel, Claude will be punished for bearing the name of the leader of the golden deer. Aren’t I such a good ship-er...

Or maybe Sylvia isn’t that bad, and her introductory conversation was a poor first impression. Who knows?

Edited by Sooks

No, seriously. Genealogy experts, what the hell am I doing wrong? This is the worst boss I've seen in any FE since I played Binding Blade. Jesus fucking Christ. The only thing I can come up with is send Shanan to the arena and pray that he can get one HP level to survive a hit, and then just do a bunch of turns of whiffing. What do you even do if Shanan's somehow dead? Restart the chapter?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I feel bad for whoever is going to end up with Sylvia,

C'mon, what's so wrong about her?

Claude will be punished for bearing the name of the leader of the golden deer.

I hate this sentence. I hate this sentence with a passion. What do you mean, "bearing the name of the leader of the Golden Deer"? He existed first!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

C'mon, what's so wrong about her?

“I-look-young-but-I’m-not-really and I’m so so great!”

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hate this sentence. I hate this sentence with a passion. What do you mean, "bearing the name of the leader of the Golden Deer"? He existed first!

Well then he must have enjoyed his pre-3H years. 😛

I’m mostly just hoping the pairing will be good, tbh.