Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Shrug* 

Name changes have been a thing in localizations since forever. I mean, Optimus Prime's Japanese name is Convoy. 

Babel did so much harm.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Then I guess it depends on which you conquer first. Like I said, it's been a while.

I was given nosferatu as soon as I seized Isaach, so yeah, first castle you conquer it is.

But yeah, you can conquer both because the southern castle is on the way to be conquered by the next wave of enemies if they turn green.

Right... A bit difficult to conquer Sophara if they turn green, though. They're in the middle of the mountains!

Btw, I don't know if you noticed it, but both Light and Dark magic have WTA advantage over any other type of magic.

Dangit - I was told, but I forgot. Huh... Perhaps Blume isn't that bad, I'm just a terrible FE player? Naaaah, surely that cannot be. I'm such a smart person and tactician!

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

How does Raquesis go and miss three 46s and then die to two 40s back to back -.-

Come now, Sooks. Everyone knows that when your units have 40% hit it really means 0%, and when the enemies have 40% it really means 90%. Why are you so surprised?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was given nosferatu as soon as I seized Isaach, so yeah, first castle you conquer it is.

I see. That's the Aura castle then.

Normally one wouldn't go for Aura since it's just plain worse. Julia is not going to get to use Pursuit a lot with a 20 weight weapon.

Just now, BrightBow said:

I see. That's the Aura castle then.

Normally one wouldn't go for Aura since it's just plain worse. Julia is not going to get to use Pursuit a lot with a 20 weight weapon.

I mean, Nosferatu potentially lets her be invincible. That alone would make it pretty difficult for Aura to compete.

Octopath has sold .5 million less than 3H.

How.

It has a two year head start.

It's beautiful.

It was one of the most notable things on Switch in the early days.

I'll probably say my piece on the Pokemon presents thing here too, just because I'm curious to see if my heart has truly died for the series.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How.

It's beautiful.

It was one of the most notable things on Switch in the early days.

I only wish this series that I love had attained true popularity with a game that I despised just a tiny bit less.

As it is, I can only worry for its future.

Ahh, but look at me go, the party pooper. Ignore me, it's just me being an ass like usual.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I only wish this series that I love had attained true popularity with a game that I despised just a tiny bit less.

As it is, I can only worry for its future.

Ahh, but look at me go, the party pooper. Ignore me, it's just me being an ass like usual.

I'm just trying to figure out how OT didn't sell better due to how long it's been around, I know we don't share agreement on 3H but that's not the point.

It's also on PC, so even less sense.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

That was 30 minutes ago. So I guess it's Genealogy time again.

"If the teacher doesn't show up we can leave."

"But it's lockdown."

"You know what I mean."

(I've also thought of the worst LP idea for you: SD with maximum casualties. Where your character's seen NMotE and has timetravelled back somehow)

So i'm playing Baten Kaitos and i finally meet the main antagonist.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Mf'er thinks he's The Joker.

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How.

Xenoblade 2 had a three-year headstart and Three Houses still sold more i think.

*Shrugs*.

Just now, Dayni said:

I'm just trying to figure out how OT didn't sell better due to how long it's been around, I know we don't share agreement on 3H but that's not the point.

It's also on PC, so even less sense.

I'd say that people just weren't as interested in a traditional JRPG, but then again, SRPG is even more niche...

Then again, half of Three Houses is a dating sim. Perhaps that's the answer?

Nah, but for real, Three Houses was the first FE to get any sort of real marketing, and there isn't much in the way of competition. That's probably closer to the truth. That, and the otaku pandering in the newer games definitely helped the sells. Sure, it's less overt in Three Houses, but c'mon, you can perform the "hot teacher bangs student" fantasy. They were definitely aiming for a demographic there.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

"If the teacher doesn't show up we can leave."

"But it's lockdown."

"You know what I mean."

I haven't even left lol. What am I supposed to do? Sit here and look at the ceiling?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(I've also thought of the worst LP idea for you: SD with maximum casualties. Where your character's seen NMotE and has timetravelled back somehow)

They've travelled back in time in an attempt to prevent the entire fanfic plot from happening. I've had that idea before, not gonna lie. But I've other games I'd like to LP.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Blume feels like a Binding Blade boss. Jesus, I can't even employ the Balmung nuke because Shanan gets deleted in one shot. Funnily enough, Finn actually is one of the few who can fight him at all without dying. His accuracy is abysmal, but what can you do.

Yeah the Blume fight is brutal thanks to the Mjolnir, and if the Balmung is too risky of an option to use, that is going to really limit your options.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m pairing Lewyn and Erin (or at least, I’m going to try to). There is another lady he gets a lot of screen time with, Sylvia, but that feels too Erk x Serra like for my taste.

Now that is a classic pairing, Thracia 776 even assumes that was the pairing for those two...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I feel bad for whoever is going to end up with Sylvia, looking at the predestined pairings, her only other options are Alec or Claude, who I think is some priest guy they mentioned in the prologue. Unless Alec miraculously passes down his towel, Claude will be punished for bearing the name of the leader of the golden deer. Aren’t I such a good ship-er...

Some people prefer Sylvia to remain single, as there is some debate whether or not the replacements are better than her actual children, but Claude-Sylvia is one of her better pairings on the son's side of things.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, seriously. Genealogy experts, what the hell am I doing wrong? This is the worst boss I've seen in any FE since I played Binding Blade. Jesus fucking Christ. The only thing I can come up with is send Shanan to the arena and pray that he can get one HP level to survive a hit, and then just do a bunch of turns of whiffing. What do you even do if Shanan's somehow dead? Restart the chapter?

I am probably a bit too late with this, but how does Ares and his legendary weapon fare against Blume? I seem to remember it raising resistance to make him a better against mages and their ilk. A few other things that help with the accuracy is making sure Seliph is close enough for his leadership stars to help, and Laylea as well, as she should have charm to help out as well (unfortunately the replacements for Lachesis's children don't have charm otherwise they would be able to help out as well...)

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

My Arden has, like...I think three magic right now? And IIRC he's level 10. So that's great.

You have some strange luck there Benice... Are you going to give him one of the magic swords?

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I nabbed Johalvier, so nosferatu.

Ah, glad you got the good one, although there is a way to cheese it to get whichever tome you want...

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

And Dew is actually good at fighting before promotion and I hate it.

...How? That boy never gets good at combat until he promotes...

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait-- What? You can conquer both castles? There was an NPC on Sophara, and it turned green, so I assumed I wasn't meant to do anything there!

The cheesy trick is to let the enemies conquor the green castle, which turns into a seize-able red castle for some reason...

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EDIT: Wait no, I read incorrectly. Sylvia survived because I found Alecia funny, so sucks to be me.

...so you have none of the charm users...ouch that is unfortunate...but I guess it is more Thracia canon...

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why must the paragon band be so expensive to buy back... Sigurd really doesn’t need it

It is one of the best items to pass around...almost brokenly good...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ayra and Lex are lovers! 

Nice, if you can manage it, try to get Lex to kill one of the bosses in this chapter that drops a sword, as it will help his son out a bit (although don't break you patiance trying if you can't manage it...)

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 2 had a three-year headstart and Three Houses still sold more i think.

*Shrugs*.

Turns out I've been wrong on release dates and Octopath was 2018, so it had one year.

Xenoblade had a year and a half.

Well, that was a bit dramatic, but it really surprises me just how much worse regular JRPGs do.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am probably a bit too late with this, but how does Ares and his legendary weapon fare against Blume?

I guess you missed the post where I said that I... completely forgot about him.

Yeaaaahhh the Blume fight's not easy, but it certainly didn't help that I'm dumb.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...so you have none of the charm users...ouch that is unfortunate...

Once again, I have completely screwed myself by following my heart and memes.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is one of the best items to pass around...almost brokenly good...

I left it on Sylvia for Corple and now can't access it until chapter 9 whoops

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd say that people just weren't as interested in a traditional JRPG,

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, that was a bit dramatic, but it really surprises me just how much worse regular JRPGs do.

It's actually not that surprising honestly.

We can pretend otherwise but JRPGs are a niche genre. The only exceptions are Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest (especially in Japan), Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem and above all, Pokemon. Occasionally, a game can get lucky and hit mainstream (Persona 5) but that's just it: an occasion.

This isn't to say that the stuff that isn't listed here can't be popular. But even when it is, expecting it to make a big breakthrough in sales, etc is just wishful thinking.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i'm playing Baten Kaitos and i finally meet the main antagonist.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Mf'er thinks he's The Joker.

Fabulous ain't he Emperor Geldoblame? Smug face, magnificent makeup, clothing of so many colors your eyes have nowhere to rest upon his stout body, and solid gold winglets which are basically the only ones you ever see not Kalas's, why doesn't Lyude or Giacomo use them?. He endeavors to impress amid the many evil emperors in gaming.

The entire BK crew's designs might be a little gaudy, a tad too exotic at times, (and the 2D artwork hasn't aged very well) but they are usually distinctive.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm surprised an SRPG would sell more, because, in principle if not in practice, the "strategy" aspect should make it more esoteric and less approachable.

But either way, let us remember in that 2.5 million is still a small number, relative to the entire gaming community. Though there certainly be more niche genres aplenty, let us not forget that the JRPG is not adored by all. Aka let us not whine about not having 1.2 billion JRPG characters in Smash, recognize your insignificance.

Random piece of advice for @Saint Rubenio on chapter 8, but make sure the hero sword is on someone good to help deal with a scary enemy that arrives early on and starts charging at you, otherwise you might have issues with their skills (alternatively avoid that enemy like the plague until it goes away... I really don't know the details of this method as I have only heard that it is a thing, and haven't actually tried it myself...)

Fuck me, finally. After a million attempts, Julia has defeated Xenon and reached the end of the arena.

My teacher's still gone. So let's just... keep going, and see how far I can go until he returns. If he returns.

...Oh hey, Chagall. Fancy seeing you here. Why, Kaga? Why did you reuse Chagall's portrait but not that nobody Macbeth's?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fire Emblem

Since when is Fire Emblem a JRPG?

I know that JRPGs aren't that popular. The thing is, SRPGs like FE are even less popular. That's what makes Three Houses's success rather surprising.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Random piece of advice for @Saint Rubenio on chapter 8, but make sure the hero sword is on someone good to help deal with a scary enemy that arrives early on and starts charging at you, otherwise you might have issues with their skills (alternatively avoid that enemy like the plague until it goes away... I really don't know the details of this method as I have only heard that it is a thing, and haven't actually tried it myself...)

Brave sword is on my shitty underlevelled Seliph.

...Ahhh, I'm sure Shanan can handle it, like everything.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Since when is Fire Emblem a JRPG?

It isn't. But aesthetically and thematically, it did around a certain point, maybe Tellius, assume a more pronounced JRPG flair to the visuals and narrative. FE has always been "anime", but "JRPG" I would label as a subcategory of "anime" which substantially came later to FE than "anime" did. And that stylistic influence has had a minor bit of bleed into FE gameplay.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose in theory.

Since the Hero Sword attacking twice essentially just means having Continue with a 100% activation rate. So you can't actually trigger Continue with the Hero Sword.

I am looking forward to meeting this person. My teacher has returned, unfortunately, so it'll have to be another time.