Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though it does depend on the story, i'm inclined to agree. From what i know, there are some Transformers media that are exclusively about the robots while others do have noteworthy human characters in them.

Yeah, that's what the Cybertron games were. Focused exclusively on the bots and were damn good stories and games in their own right.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was the daughter 17 in the original story or her original incarnation?

I'm pretty sure most Bayformers characters, humans and Transformers, are OCs. Not all but quite a few.

Someone come correct me on this if I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Shia LeBeouf's character was an adaptation of a character from the 80s cartoon, IIRC.

Witwicky was the shared last name, although it was "Spike" in G1 and "Sam" in the Bay movies.

Yeah I did hear about this.

For the most part tho, Transformers isn't exactly interested in adapting pre-existing characters like superhero movies do. I don't just mean Bayformers here, I mean Transformers in general. The really popular ones show up in mostly everything but that's it.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

This is going to be Kingdom Hearts III all over again.

Hey, KHIII has quality DLC at least! Cut it some slack! Xd

Seriously, it does. If you enjoy an amazing challenge I reccomend highly to any KH fans here (which is probably just me!)

Don't have the means to play KHIII, sadly.

Besides, I already had enough with II ReMix. The Data Battles... oh God, the Data Battles... then again, I played them on Critical first time around.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't have the means to play KHIII, sadly.

Besides, I already had enough with II ReMix. The Data Battles... oh God, the Data Battles... then again, I played them on Critical first time around.

These new ones are much better designed... and 10X harder as well. But the whole "learning" process, is much more fun this time, and they really want you to think and watch. Which is cool.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, KHIII has quality DLC at least! Cut it some slack! Xd

Speaking of, why do some people dislike KH 3? The review I saw of it was really positive, but did mention that a lot of people hated it.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of, why do some people dislike KH 3? The review I saw of it was really positive, but did mention that a lot of people hated it.

From what I gather, 80% of KH3 is just filler and the actual plot doesn't kick in until the last 20% of the game.

Also KH3 has a massive hype cycle behind it so any disappointment would naturally be amplified.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

Adding on to what Armagon said, there is also the fact that it was supposed to end the "Dark Seeker/Xehanort Saga", which has lasted through: KH1, Chain of Memories, KH2, Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, 358/2 Days, and Coded. That is a lot of games.

KH3 finally puts Xehanort in a grave for good. But it also included a lot of talk about the next story to come, including a cliffhanger ending. Some people don't like this, because they wanted a game not filled with sequelbait for another. Sequelbait undermines the sense of finality, because you know there is more than Xehanort out there, he becomes more like small fry compared to this mysterious bigger fish.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

From what I gather, 80% of KH3 is just filler and the actual plot doesn't kick in until the last 20% of the game.

I used to peruse some KH discussion b/c I have no life. This might because of Disney, them not wanting their worlds "contaminated" by KH narrative too much. The Frozen world I heard had minimal interaction between the KH characters and the Frozen cast. -This is hearsay though.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I used to peruse some KH discussion b/c I have no life. This might because of Disney, them not wanting their worlds "contaminated" by KH narrative too much. The Frozen world I heard had minimal interaction between the KH characters and the Frozen cast. -This is hearsay though.

Oh yes, that is a thing in III. Though mostly those that follow their movie plots. I think a worse offender was Pirates of the Caribbean. Where SDG were pretty much just doing stuff "off-screen" to the movie (At World'd End) events for the most part. Then BAM, Maelstrom part.

Which brings another issue. Barely any actual Disney boss fights.

Beat CrossCode on PC just in time for the epilogue DLC tomorrow. Well today, it's past midnight.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

KH3 finally puts Xehanort in a grave for good. But it also included a lot of talk about the next story to come, including a cliffhanger ending. Some people don't like this, because they wanted a game not filled with sequelbait for another. Sequelbait undermines the sense of finality, because you know there is more than Xehanort out there, he becomes more like small fry compared to this mysterious bigger fish.

This is something the Trails series also suffered from. Cold Steel 4 was intended as the end of a "saga" but it still sequelbaits.

Compare this to something like the MCU. Yeah, there's gonna be more stuff after Endgame but Endgame was the finale as for the first time in the entire franchise, there was no after-credits scene. Of course, the MCU movies are genery standalone anyway but you get the point.

Holy shit.

Peter Cullen, the voice actor for Optimus Prime in most versions of the character, also provided vocal effects for King Kong in the 1976 remake. Never would've guessed.

So i watched the first episode of Transformers G1 and.....holy shit, the entire structure is bad. Everything happens way too quickly and the theme song constantly plays like 90% of the time.

Hopefully it gets better but idk man, this was a bad first impression.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

qwJAGqo.png

WHAT

KAGA DID YAKUZA FIRST

Oh fuck.

...But is there a super good reward for falling for the obvious trap?

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Lmao, Square Enix with what the actual fuck are these decisions?

>FF7R DLC Episode

>Only for PS5 users

????????

I'm not a Final Fantasy fan so idc but making DLC exclusive to one console is very shitty ngl. 

Hoo, boy... I'm not that surprised, to be honest. I mean, they're already releasing the remake in 60 buck chunks. It's no big wonder that they'd also pull something like this. Make as much money as possible.

Though there's also a chance that the fault isn't squarely on Square (heheh). This is a very obvious tactic to boost PS5 sales at a time the PS5 is little more than promises and hot air. FF7 is kind of a big deal, after all. It wouldn't surprise me if this was an order from above.

All in all, shitty-ass move. Every time I hear something about this remake I'm more and more glad I don't care about Final Fantasy.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is a very obvious tactic to boost PS5 sales at a time the PS5 is little more than promises and hot air.

I'd say the hottest air from it aside from being a console that's out three months is all the scalping that's been going on.

This again doesn't excuse the move.

28 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd say the hottest air from it aside from being a console that's out three months is all the scalping that's been going on.

Yeah, perhaps "hot air" wasn't the right expression. What I meant to say was, the console isn't out yet, and from what I've gathered we don't know that much about it. This is a tactic to get FF7 fans (which are many - there's a reason they picked this one title) to make up their minds to buy the console regardless of what it may be or what games it may have. A really scummy tactic, but it's effective, so hey, who cares right? Money is important!

I don't want to sound like a "PC Masterace!" dweeb, but... Sheesh, these kinds of things aren't nearly as easy to pull as in the console world. Turns out an oligopoly of three companies isn't the mark of a healthy industry.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I meant to say was, the console isn't out yet

With all the scalping going on I don't blame you saying that. 😛

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Turns out an oligopoly of three companies isn't the mark of a healthy industry.

Competition is hard to make in an industry built on economics of scale where people can't just walk up to you and sell their Ceksbocks 1080, made in a limited run of 100 and pretty easy to replicate (Note when I say the second point that it's more than just the physical components but the firmware and any attachments).

It's not like parts of the PC space aren't suffering in their competition either, like how parts are made by a handful of manufacturers or how marketplaces are a mesh of publisher-based platforms which are looking to get themselves gated on a platform which it doesn't really make sense or the websites selling keys for platforms (including the dubious like G2A).

The disjointed nature of that sphere I think is a factor in it being lesser. It's not impossible we see a future where the platforms go the way of the cableification of TV streaming, but it's surprising how much slower it would be if it does happen vs. that market.

And then there's how PC has essentially relinquished physical media entirely, which honestly does matter for me at least. Not in a "It's physical or nothing" way, but that tangibility does click in some eejits.

This is a pretty rambly piece and it's not even disagreeing with you. I just feel like the PC market is not necessarily immune to a consolidation/gating off .