Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s not really overthinking...

I don't think she was intentionally written as a horrible person. She's portrayed as "cute lazy waifu", and by all means that's probably how the writers intended for everyone to see her. I mean, heck, the slaves thing is just mentioned in passing in a support. They probably didn't even realize the implications of what they'd just written.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I keep trying to craft more but the Holy Grail and Japanese Rice Wine never want to show up on the same hand

Bolded: Easy, just go kill 7 mythical/historical figures in a magical battle royale!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think she was intentionally written as a horrible person. She's portrayed as "cute lazy waifu", and by all means that's probably how the writers intended for everyone to see her. I mean, heck, the slaves thing is just mentioned in passing in a support. They probably didn't even realize the implications of what they'd just written.

How she’s portrayed and how she is are two different things. It’s not overthinking to look at what she says/does and think differently then what the game wants you to think. But if you don’t think she’s cute you’re objectively incorrect. It’s okay though.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Bolded: Easy, just go kill 7 mythical/historical figures in a magical battle royale!

Haha.

I wish Baten Kaitos Holy Grail was anywhere half as potent as Fate Holy Grail. Because in Baten Kaitos, it restores a whopping........one HP. And it has insta-kill resistance but that's very situational.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How she’s portrayed and how she is are two different things. It’s not overthinking to look at what she says/does and think differently then what the game wants you to think.

True enough. Turns out I am entirely justified in hating her guts - according to a Three Houses fan, no less! Thanks, man!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But if you don’t think she’s cute you’re objectively incorrect. It’s okay though.

I'll be honest: The design is rather cute, but the fact that it's literally just a copy-paste of Serra kills it for me. Sure, it's neat, but... Well, it's been done before!

...Actually, not just the design - her personality's really similar as well. Hilda's name is not original, her character is not original, her design is not original, her unit concept is not original... Why do people like her, again?

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Please say sike.

What else would an attack called "Forfeit Your Life" do?

...Any cheats for Magnus? A few free Sacred Wines wouldn't break the game. Or, you could hack the Skull Equipment Magnus for everyone, they have 99% resistance to every ailment including insta-death... but inflict unremovable Confusion, which causes the Spirits Numbers to rotate in a clockwise fashion around the edges of the cards, making Spirit Combos more difficult.

You're on the verge of reaching the last of the End Magnus, I'd hate to see you stop here.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Actually, not just the design - her personality's really similar as well. Hilda's name is not original, her character is not original, her design is not original, her unit concept is not original... Why do people like her, again?

This is every character ever.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I wish Baten Kaitos Holy Grail was anywhere half as potent as Fate Holy Grail. Because in Baten Kaitos, it restores a whopping........one HP. And it has insta-kill resistance but that's very situational.

I mean, the holy grail in Fate is on the other side of potent...

It usually destroys everything when activated, and it's activation will summon Counter Guardians (Humanity's collective conscience defense mechanism) to wipe Japan of the face of the Earth before the Grail destroys the world.

Well, there was one time/instance we saw where the Grail wasn't corrupted and we actually saw a wish getting granted. And that wish bascially lead to World destruction.

Still best wish ever though, for sacrificing one person to save the world will always be dumb 😛

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Originality is something of a rarity, do you might wanna lower your standards there. Xd

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is every character ever.

Okay, look. I was joking in every other aspect. I know true originality is extremely rare to find. I don't expect every character to be the most unique thing in the history of the world. I mean, heck, my favorite character in the game is Hanneman, and he's not exactly the peak of originality.

But... c'mon, at least you have to admit, Hilda's design is way uninspired! If they wanted to go for the pigtails look, they could've at least not given her the same color! Make her Serra but purple or something, and there we go, you wouldn't hear me complain. As it is, it's... Well, literally just Serra in a school uniform. Every single other character in the game have designs that feel like their own, even the more regular ones. It's just Hilda that feels like a carbon copy of someone else. Surely it can't just be me?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True enough. Turns out I am entirely justified in hating her guts - according to a Three Houses fan, no less! Thanks, man!

It’s not like it’s a deeper meaning behind her every word...

The design is rather cute, but the fact that it's literally just a copy-paste of Serra kills it for me.

Post time skip. Guess she didn’t make it that far for you, huh?

Sure, it's neat, but... Well, it's been done before!

Doing it better. That goes hand in hand with what Armagon said. No characters are original, there are just better ones.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's just Hilda that feels like a carbon copy of someone else. Surely it can't just be me?

I mean, you're not exactly wrong, although the pink-haired girl with twintails is something that shows up somewhat often in anime in general, not just FE.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..Any cheats for Magnus? A few free Sacred Wines wouldn't break the game.

Yeah, looks like there's a cheat that just dumps every Magnus ever into your inventory. Considering deck limits, this should be fine, i know it's cheating but i'd rather not go through the tedium of crafting Sacred Wines.

My deck setup is good as is anyway, minus the Sacred Wines.

There's also save anywhere but i don't think that comes with the level ups.

Confusion, which causes the Spirits Numbers to rotate in a clockwise fashion around the edges of the cards, making Spirit Combos more difficult.

I really do like how Confusion is implemented in this game. Monolith Soft could've opted for the basic "lose control/attack anyone" that you see in other RPGs (including Xenoblade 1), but here, it turns the game into a bit of memorization.

Don't know the difference between Confusion and Headache tho.

You're on the verge of reaching the last of the End Magnus, I'd hate to see you stop here.

I mean, it's not like an insta-kill was gonna be a dealbreaker.

Although it is kinda a dick move in a game where your only option for revives mid battle is through a series of item crafts that the player likely wouldn't know about if they weren't told, and then you still have to deal with it actually showing up in your hand when you need it to.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It usually destroys everything when activated, and it's activation will summon Counter Guardians (Humanity's collective conscience defense mechanism) to wipe Japan of the face of the Earth before the Grail destroys the world.

Wait then what's the point?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But... c'mon, at least you have to admit, Hilda's design is way uninspired! If they wanted to go for the pigtails look, they could've at least not given it the same color! As it is, it's... Well, literally just Serra in a school uniform. Every single other character in the game have designs that feel like their own, even the more regular ones. It's just Hilda that feels like a carbon copy of someone else. Surely it can't just be me?

I can see where you're coming from tbh. Although i will say i do think her black outfit post timeskip does go well with her.

I'm also not as into Hilda as most people seem to be.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, looks like there's a cheat that just dumps every Magnus ever into your inventory. Considering deck limits, this should be fine, i know it's cheating but i'd rather not go through the tedium of crafting Sacred Wines.

My deck setup is good as is anyway, minus the Sacred Wines.

Please ignore the photos you'd get then due to the presence of boss images and descriptions! And do not read the description of the Ocean Mirror and Sword of the Heavens Magnus, they're a little spoilery too.

If there is a cheat to age things quickly and you have a bunch of Peaches, you could use that for quick Wonder MOMOs (no, not XS, it's a Namco arcade game reference), 2800 HP and guarantee curing of any ailment including Death.

Don't know the difference between Confusion and Headache tho.

Headache is pretty weak as an ailment I think, it just moves the numbers from the corners to the middle of the edges. Confusion is way worse, just as Flames is a strictly stronger Poison I think. Freeze and Paralysis are practically the same too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Post time skip. Guess she didn’t make it that far for you, huh?

In my Golden Deer run she died, contributing to the spectacular softlock that was chapter 13.

I have seen it, though. It's... eh. Fanservicey. I don't get the sleeves. I can understand why people would like it. I do not like it.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Doing it better.

Wait, what? The design is the exact same, just swapping out the boring cleric garb with a boring school uniform. Even their faces are the same. How is that "better"? It's not better or worse!

As for their character, well... I think they're both pretty bottom of the barrel, so no arguments there. Hilda has more text to her, but it only makes her even more horrible, unlikeable scum by accident, so... Eh.

Honestly, why am I even arguing this? I don't like either of them, I should just leave it at that...

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, you're not exactly wrong, although the pink-haired girl with twintails is something that shows up somewhat often in anime in general, not just FE.

True, but they already had one in FE itself. Could've given her a different color at least, a different expression, maybe a headband or a circlet. That would've sufficed.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although i will say i do think her black outfit post timeskip does go well with her.

Oh yes, my complaint only applies to her school self. Post-timeskip she stops being a copypaste of Serra and becomes bad.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Please ignore the photos you'd get then due to the presence of boss images and descriptions! And do not read the description of the Ocean Mirror and Sword of the Heavens Magnus, they're a little spoilery too.

I didn't even consider that, shit.

Although will the photos come in fully developed? I'd assume no.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait then what's the point?

Well, those who are fighting for it don't know that it is corrupted. It got corrupted in the 3rd war when a stupid family cheated and summoned Angra Mainyu (Zoroastrianism devil spirit ~ All the Evils in the world) and when he got defeated he basically 'sneaked' into the grail and corrupted it, waiting to be born.

The Holy Grail was originally created by 3 Magi Family to reach the Origin of the world, something in the Nasuversoe almost all Mages try to reach. And many do everything to try and reach it. To some sacrificing the world to reach said origin is worth it.

They are pretty a-moral, yeah.

But even without the whole origin/root thingy, the wish granting aspect already draws some people in, and some mages are in it just for honor, pride and glory, since the whole origin thing was a secret between the 3 founding families.

The only time we saw an actual wish getting granted like how it meant to:

Spoiler

QQnBVFon0FzQ27J6wd2MdFvBYk3kiZ3Mhu-J0fhe

Is when a big brother wished for his sister (who is the uncorrupted holy grail herself many want to sacrifice (including the brother's father) to save a dying world) to be happy and safe.

And so the Hero of Justice betrayed the world to save the one person most important to him.

Edited by Shrimperor

Man, data sharing is one scary thing. Even though I've never written the words "Xenoblade Chronicles" in a search bar in my entire life, apparently just the fact that I participate in a thread where people often talk about it is enough for Youtube - a completely unrelated site - to believe that I should be sent Xenoblade clips and memes regularly.

The clip in question. I didn't find it particularly funny, because I don't know the character. Maybe you guys will.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I personally dont really like any of the 3H cast, soooo yeah... but I can see what you mean, just that FE isnt exactly subtle about reusing ideas and whatnot.

Haha, well, that's true. I was going to say that at least the designs tend to be unique, but... Then again, there's stuff like Camus and Perceval, and every blue-haired lord. Meh.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And so the Hero of Justice betrayed the world to save the one person most important to him.

Based.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, data sharing is one scary thing. Even though I've never written the words "Xenoblade Chronicles" in a search bar in my entire life, apparently just the fact that I participate in a thread where people often talk about it is enough for Youtube - a completely unrelated site - to believe that I should be sent Xenoblade clips and memes regularly.

Google moment.

I didn't even consider that, shit.

Although will the photos come in fully developed? I'd assume no.

Tri-Crescendo's seeming love of photography bites you, they shoved it into Eternal Sonata too.

I'm not sure if the photos would come fully developed.

However, if all the Magnus came to you in their numbered order in the Gathering, the boss pictures would come towards the end, before the generic enemies, but after all the common items. The bosses are listed in the order in which they occur in chronologically, starting with the Sabre Dragon which is #845.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer