• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

the large inter-house competition

Most of this part I could understand, but I'm sorry, you're bashing the use of Blue Skies and a Battlefield, which is written as a track that's a lower intensity variant of the best track in the game? Why?

I can get most of the complaints otherwise (even if I'm clearly less bothered), there's more than a few map themes that see overuse, there definitely could be more variety in some of the maps and tracks like the Part 2 monastery can end up being samey despite their overall length (which should on paper avoid the condition I call "The Short Loop to Fruit Loopiness"). I wouldn't be surprised that the devs really believed people would put down the game for a while between each campaign and that thought affected decisions in every aspect including soundtrack placement.

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Corridors of Time is truly timeless.

The faux "Arabian" sound is distinctive, and it has a certain "intellectual" vibe to it. It is one of CT's more memorable.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

BATEN KAITOS MAJOR SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

I'm with Geldoblame on this. Legitimately didn't expect this.

And at first i thought "well this came out of nowhere" and then i put two and two together: Melodia and that voice that speaks whenever an End Magnus is released are the same. 

Damn, the story really got me here.

🍿

This is why I was a little concerned about you giving up right here. It'd be a hair too soon.

Also

Spoiler

They did say Melodia was good friends with Geldoblame, although he did try to "befriend" Corellia earlier, which provides some cover for her.

Also, Duke Calbren said the Earth Sphere belonged to his family- how did Geldoblame get it then? Melodia handed it to him.

Ah, this part of Baten Kaitos is gonna make me backtrack if I don't have the correct Magnus Essance huh.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Bruh, how long does the Surveillance Merc Mission last? I need Perun back...

Does it say "???"?

Because if so, that means it won't complete until you go to a specific place.

Is Azami the leader?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also

Reveal hidden contents

They did say Melodia was good friends with Geldoblame, although he did try to "befriend" Corellia earlier, which provides some cover for her.

Also, Duke Calbren said the Earth Sphere belonged to his family- how did Geldoblame get it then? Melodia handed it to him.

Spoiler

They also mentioned Mira and the empire were on good terms so I just assumed nothing of it.

Although now I'm wondering if Giacomo was in on it as well. The Spirit Shrine would've been the perfect place for Melodia to hand over Che. Either that or she gave it to Geldoblame when they arrived in the empire although I don't know if there was enough time for that.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ah, this part of Baten Kaitos is gonna make me backtrack if I don't have the correct Magnus Essance huh.

Cloud, Celestial Flower Seed (bedroom wall in the palace in Anuenue), Mirage Weed, Lava.

After using the correct essence, you will fight a mini-boss. Which boss you fight is determined by the order you go in for the cracks, not the location itself. You can do the cracks in any order you want, but the mini-boss drops go Gibari-Savyna-Mizuti-Lyude.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They also mentioned Mira and the empire were on good terms so I just assumed nothing of it.

Although now I'm wondering if Giacomo was in on it as well. The Spirit Shrine would've been the perfect place for Melodia to hand over Che. Either that or she gave it to Geldoblame when they arrived in the empire although I don't know if there was enough time for that.

Were you paying attention?

Spoiler

It was Kalas who handed over Che at Parnasse, he said it then and there.

When Lyude said "So it was you who stole our Che End Magnus", Giacomo's answer was "So what if we did?". -If! He never said they actually did that.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cloud, Celestial Flower Seed (bedroom wall in the palace in Anuenue), Mirage Weed, Lava.

Thanks for letting me know in advance.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Were you paying attention?

Reveal hidden contents

It was Kalas who handed over Che at Parnasse, he said it then and there.

When Lyude said "So it was you who stole our Che End Magnus", Giacomo's answer was "So what if we did?". -If! He never said they actually did that.

Spoiler

No I meant, after Kalas gives Melodia Che, she gets "kidnapped" by the Chaotic Trio, so I was speculating if they were in it as well. Then again, Kalas did want revenge so I doubt the Chaotic Trio were aware of the plan.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Does it say "???"?

Because if so, that means it won't complete until you go to a specific place.

Oh.

Well, that's annoying. It's in Uraya, I think, so I guess I'll check around Fonsa Myma.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is Azami the leader?

Yup.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Most of this part I could understand, but I'm sorry, you're bashing the use of Blue Skies and a Battlefield, which is written as a track that's a lower intensity variant of the best track in the game? Why?

Wasn't that map Fodlan winds again?

[Listens]

Ah. Yeah, it's a pretty good theme, but I feel like it's still not that much more than Fodlan Winds. Which is a complaint about FW, not Blue skies and a battle.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Thanks for letting me know in advance.

Reveal hidden contents

No I meant, after Kalas gives Melodia Che, she gets "kidnapped" by the Chaotic Trio, so I was speculating if they were in it as well. Then again, Kalas did want revenge so I doubt the Chaotic Trio were aware of the plan.

No biggie, it'll cut down on some tedium.

And I just wanted to mention:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-03-21-at-9-52-51-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-03-21-at-9-53-25-AM.png

Larikush finds Kalas's story to be odd. And you never do see these "Rock Cats" spoken of here, even if Larikush confirms they exist.

Literally three minutes into the game, and it was starting to foreshadow Kalas's moment in the Flame Caves.

Anuenue done. Next up, Mira.

Yeah, I'll go clockwise here.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I just wanted to mention:

Reveal hidden contents

You know, it's been like two years since I actually started this game so I legitimately did not remember this scene.

But yeah, when you think about it in hindsight, it does add up.

Spoiler

This also does explain why Kalas was just kinda a dick early on. Everyone was just a means to an end.

Baten Kaitos spoilers

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

LMAO, they didn't even chain up Mizuti.

The bad guys were like "we don't really know what to do with this little gremlin, so we'll just leave him hear i guess".

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

What happened?

What if you set up a map perfectly for class exp grinding but Bernadetta’s 10% crest procc said “haha bows go brr”?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What if you set up a map perfectly for class exp grinding but Bernadetta’s 10% crest procc said “haha bows go brr”?

Ah.

Well, there's always auxillary battles if you need them.

Just now, Benice said:

Ah.

Well, there's always auxillary battles if you need them.

Best option is just reset that battle.

But you know what I (likely) won’t get back? Ferdinand’s strength and speed level ☹️

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Best option is just reset that battle.

Why, though? It's a lot easier and quicker to do an Aux battle.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But you know what I (likely) won’t get back? Ferdinand’s strength and speed level ☹️

RIP.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why, though? It's a lot easier and quicker to do an Aux battle.

Because I want this specific quest battle done for more renown and then a paralogue.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

After reading why, I think you might wanna have auto-end turned off.

It was player phase on a rout map and Bernadetta’s crest proc killed the enemy I was going to use.