Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

And that’s it, I failed. 16% crits are not nice.

Oof. Reminds me of how I made it to the boss, except everyone had already moved and Quake killed most of my army.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I must say, the sword masters in the boss room are waaay too tanky, I really can’t deal with them effectively and kill the boss on the same turn, which I kinda have to do...

You have to get rid of the swordies? I don't remember that...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Benice said:

You have to get rid of the swordies? I don't remember that...

On maddening there are two sword masters in front of the boss on his 1 tile width stair case, so you either have to attack him with someone that can attack from three spaces or more (they were all busy elsewhere) kill one of the guys on the side and hope that your units who can attack from two range are strong enough to kill him and not die, or kill the sword masters and have everything work.

Although, maybe if I repaired the sword of the creator...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's basically SRW x Pokémon.

Found translation of the comic:

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2393140

Literally one tile from ending them.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And that’s it, I failed. 16% crits are not nice.

I must say, the sword masters in the boss room are waaay too tanky, I really can’t deal with them effectively and kill the boss on the same turn, which I kinda have to do...

Yeah, clearing the room's nasty alright.

I feel like you can get enough of a clearance to get some units up to the boss, though Stride would be a necessity for the cavs and further back units. Quake of course complicates things.

What had that much crit, by the way?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Literally one tile from ending them.

Sadly, MAP attacks don't tend to be Post-Movement. Those few ones that do are certainly very valuable.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

or kill the sword masters and have everything work.

Would Point-Blank volley with a killer bow on swordmaster 1-dance-PBV on boss work?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, clearing the room's nasty alright.

I feel like you can get enough of a clearance to get some units up to the boss, though Stride would be a necessity for the cavs and further back units. Quake of course complicates things.

I was right there with like all of my units but those swordmasters are just soooo tanky.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What had that much crit, by the way?

The titanus don’t normally have that much crit?? They had 10+ crit on everyone without a rally luck!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Would Point-Blank volley with a killer bow on swordmaster 1-dance-PBV on boss work?

There are two sword masters in front of the boss. So only if I can take out the other one.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The titanus don’t normally have that much crit?? They had 10+ crit on everyone without a rally luck!

Just wanting to make clear who it was. The titanus are like that, you're right. I mostly staggered them and beat them down myself because crits are fun /s

Getting the map out, that is the case and while a gambit could make them easier to fight, you still have to dedicate the attack when you climb up the stairs. If you have plenty of canto I do think it should be pretty managable. (Thales is closer than I thought too at least)

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Go to the building in the northwest and wipe the gremory from existence. It stops the spawning (It also should have just blown them up, but alas)

The SE party should go towards the SW, NW should go south to open the door and help SW and NE is definitely the roughest on paper, but there's less troublesome enemies there and the spawns don't bother that side half as much, so just have them fight the generics. Deal with the Viskam by taking out the SE building if it bothers you, get everyone ready in the centre and just blitz the middle room with everyone, aiming to kill the boss.

There are buildings over there!?

I had no clue. Guess I’ll go for the building to stop the spawns. I wish that would just turn off the titanus already deployed but oh well.

The viksam has literally never been a problem.

Just now, Sooks said:

We did not play the same maddening mode.

We did not.

Mine was decided the moment I decided I was using so many units.

I literally only didn't wipe the floor with them in Merceus. And we all know what happened there anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

We did not.

Mine was decided the moment I decided I was using so many units.

I literally only didn't wipe the floor with them in Merceus. And we all know what happened there anyway.

I can’t even clear this chapter... and the enemies will be even stronger in the next one. Hm. I wonder if I’ll be able to finish maddening.

Just now, Sooks said:

I can’t even clear this chapter... and the enemies will be even stronger in the next one. Hm. I wonder if I’ll be able to finish maddening.

With SS's final map being difficult enough as it stands, I can understand changing your mind on this.

Just now, Dayni said:

With SS's final map being difficult enough as it stands, I can understand changing your mind on this.

Changing my mind on what?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Pushing on.

As it stands, how far off were you on Shamballa?

Level wise? Like 10-ish I think, but NG maddening does not give you enough exp to efficiently close that gap at all.

Anyway, I’m too close to the end to not push on. I know I can beat this chapter at least, we’ll see how the next one goes.

I mean, I only have one big problem, and that’s the super tanky swordmasters.

Edited by Sooks

Esther gets Str/Spd/Def/HP

Raffin gets hit by the Devil Lance with, and I quote "Devil Lance avoided curse"

The duality of Marlon's successors.

Edited by Dayni

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Been looking at some of the scores for Balan Nightmareland. The best I've seen from critics is a 6

According to the linked review, the last time Yuji Naka directed a game was 1999 (although he was an active producer for a while after that). Looks like he hasn't been moderninizing his skills since then.

I don't mean to bash on the game, only to lament as a game with some promising child-friendly charm burns. And I don't take issue with those who say the hate is overblown, that the game is better than people say, and that they've enjoyed it. Good for them if they see real fun in it.

I think Balan Wonderworld is the saddest launch i've seen out of a game in a long time. The initial reveal brought hype only for it to be completely erased by the demo. And the general agreement is that the game is just boring. Not a funny mess like Sonic 06 or Forces, just boring.

And as a final nail in the coffin, it shared it's release date with Monster Hunter World, which pretty much guaranteed it was dead on arrival.

I think we speculate too much on it.

Spoiler

Well we do see normal people with wings in Cujam. Of course, they're brainwashed but still.

How about I find you the short scene from completing the tedium from a (commentated, so mute it) LP then?

That was neat.

Are they just not going to acknowledge the ghosts tho?